daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 31st, 2015, 12:34 AM   #421
Ala Altiva
Registered User
 
Ala Altiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Lima
Posts: 25
Likes (Received): 17

focking noice m8
__________________
"Probablemente no haya en nuestra vida un
instante más terrible aquel en que uno
descubre que su padre es un hombre...
hecho de carne humana."
-
Ala Altiva no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2015, 01:41 AM   #422
keepthepast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 977
Likes (Received): 1676

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Thank You, Keepthepast! Your response is stunning. I admit you are right. The Kaisers daughter married into English. Ernst August of Hannover was living at that time in England and come back to Germany. Seems I was under time pressure like I usually am.
you're so welcome, thanks. The reason Ernst August was living outside Germany was that his father, the king of Hannover, was in exile since he was one who did not willingly give up his throne for the consolidation of the German kingdoms, dukedoms, and principalities into the Empire. There was a huge feud between the Hannovers and the Hohenzollerns, the king and queen in exile in Austria while their children lived in various places, including England.

Ernst August's older brother was killed in an auto accident not far from Berlin. As a gesture of great kindness, Wilhelm II sent his own body guards to accompany the young prince's body to his family. In return, the exiled king sent his second son, Ernst August, to thank the Kaiser personally. When Ernst was in the palace, Victoria Luise watched from a balcony above and fell in love. The two met secretly for months, assisted by Cecilie, and then announced to their families their desire to be married. Quite the love story.
__________________

The Eagle liked this post
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 02:42 AM   #423
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana
 
Titan Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Zadar
Posts: 593
Likes (Received): 718

Why were the Hohenzollerns proclaimed the emperors of Germany? It seems to me that Prussia was not the mightiest, richest and most advanced of the German kingdoms (or maybe not). Why couldn't other houses, like House of Wettin, be the emperors of united Germany?

I know it's off topic and I apologise for that, but I just can't remember the whole German reunification thing, even though we had that lesson in school couple of years ago. And since you mentioned it, I became curious.
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 10:56 AM   #424
Tolbert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,087
Likes (Received): 1607

We dont need an Emperor with noble roots. We alreaedy have an Empress. Angela Merkel is the Ruler of Europe, of course by grace of the United States
Tolbert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 12:03 PM   #425
ELH
Registered User
 
ELH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oslo / Hannover
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Why were the Hohenzollerns proclaimed the emperors of Germany? It seems to me that Prussia was not the mightiest, richest and most advanced of the German kingdoms (or maybe not). Why couldn't other houses, like House of Wettin, be the emperors of united Germany?

I know it's off topic and I apologise for that, but I just can't remember the whole German reunification thing, even though we had that lesson in school couple of years ago. And since you mentioned it, I became curious.
Off course, you talk about german unification, not re-unification !?

Prussia was, however you interpret "richest" and "most advanced", the "mightiest" (like in biggest and militarily strongest) german country.

It had laid all of Germany except Bavaria under it, including predominant Kingdoms like Hannover (having strong ties to the UK) and south-western Württemberg.

The eventual union of Prussia and Bavaria is in effect modern Germany. The union came about due to the french threath. Germany was gathered in defeating France in the Franco-German war. After that, Germany was uinted.

Off course, the old core region of Prussia has suffered the most losses due to the course of history since then. Half of Prussia was given to Poland by the Sovjets, the rest was, in effect, turned into the DDR - which caused economic backwardness and population flight.

Even further back, however, the core Prussian lands were those pupulated during the medieval "Ostsiedlung" (eastwards settling). Back before the middle age, the regions of Brandenburg, Pommern, Berlin, weren´t even german speaking, but settled by slavic tribes such as the sorbs, etc.
__________________

keepthepast, Titan Man liked this post

Last edited by ELH; July 31st, 2015 at 12:23 PM.
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 09:17 AM   #426
The Eagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Halifax
Posts: 660
Likes (Received): 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Why were the Hohenzollerns proclaimed the emperors of Germany? It seems to me that Prussia was not the mightiest, richest and most advanced of the German kingdoms (or maybe not). Why couldn't other houses, like House of Wettin, be the emperors of united Germany?

I know it's off topic and I apologise for that, but I just can't remember the whole German reunification thing, even though we had that lesson in school couple of years ago. And since you mentioned it, I became curious.
That's simple. Two facts: one fact was that Prussia was bankrupt around 1810 and approved as first country in Europe laws that ended technically the medieval. That give advance.

And second and more important Prussia was the lucky last, Britain and France overseen. Have to explain. In the first Reich, the name means a Kaiser over several Kings, the taxes where going from the north to the south. For example to build the Petersdom in Rom. What followed was the 30 Year war. That war was about money and not about Protestant against Catholic. The real WW1.
After that the land was split in 350 country's. Such as Switzerland or the Netherlands or Schlesien. Between 1650's and 1850's all other countries used German lands as money pit. Example: Hamburg. Located in the middle. First Sweden rolls over it. Declares it Swedish. Taxes go to Sweden. Teenagers have to fight against neighborhood cities with different owners. Then the city becomes Danish. Taxes to Denmark. Children now send of to war against Sweden. Next the city becomes French. Taxes to France. Children have to join the Military. By then the British land in Helgoland, not far and declare that British. Hamburg is next. So the people say: Let's start over with a new 2. Reich. The first Reich was ruled by Austria, by the way. But Austria failed to protect. So Austria was off the race. Next was the Netherlands. By the 1830's they wanted to call the new capitol of reunited Germany home. Britain declared veto. The Rhein countries included Switzerland where next. First democratic movements in the world next to US there. All along the Rhein. Britain stopped that by supporting one country against the next and later the other way around. Maney of those Brains moved later to Prussia. Rich Saxony was also deleted by Britain by convincing Prussia that Saxony plans war. Britain donated guns, of course with no munition.

The House Hanover was also on the British side. It was that House why Germany did the favor to Britain and split Germany with Luxemburg.

Anyway the house Prussia did not wanted to become Kaiser. In fact No one except Austria. In the 1830's and 1840's the people had enough. There were mass revolts against the Hohenzollern, that also got people shot. The family did not wanted to become Kaiser. Officially because the idea could not come from the people.
The people demanded :
Gold covered currency (later the reason for WW1)
Democracy
And a United Reich with a Kaiser on top

They got everything 1871. Not all German areas like northern Belgium or Austria or Netherlands and so on joined, so it was called the little German Country. The did get democracy. There are still Political parties in Germany today founded in those days. The American Constitution was also mostly copied. The Kaiser did not had much to say. Also interesting was that the people were also undecided about the capitol to be. The parliament sessions started 1848 in Frankfurt!
Moved later to Karlsruhe. Later it ended in Berlin. Just an example how difficult it was. The French and others started attack's all the time so it was safer in the East, too. But not the main reason.
__________________

Titan Man, UrbanMyth liked this post
The Eagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2015, 02:34 PM   #427
ELH
Registered User
 
ELH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oslo / Hannover
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
That's simple. Two facts: one fact was that Prussia was bankrupt around 1810 and approved as first country in Europe laws that ended technically the medieval. That give advance.

And second and more important Prussia was the lucky last, Britain and France overseen. Have to explain. In the first Reich, the name means a Kaiser over several Kings, the taxes where going from the north to the south. For example to build the Petersdom in Rom. What followed was the 30 Year war. That war was about money and not about Protestant against Catholic. The real WW1.
After that the land was split in 350 country's. Such as Switzerland or the Netherlands or Schlesien. Between 1650's and 1850's all other countries used German lands as money pit. Example: Hamburg. Located in the middle. First Sweden rolls over it. Declares it Swedish. Taxes go to Sweden. Teenagers have to fight against neighborhood cities with different owners. Then the city becomes Danish. Taxes to Denmark. Children now send of to war against Sweden. Next the city becomes French. Taxes to France. Children have to join the Military. By then the British land in Helgoland, not far and declare that British. Hamburg is next. So the people say: Let's start over with a new 2. Reich. The first Reich was ruled by Austria, by the way. But Austria failed to protect. So Austria was off the race. Next was the Netherlands. By the 1830's they wanted to call the new capitol of reunited Germany home. Britain declared veto. The Rhein countries included Switzerland where next. First democratic movements in the world next to US there. All along the Rhein. Britain stopped that by supporting one country against the next and later the other way around. Maney of those Brains moved later to Prussia. Rich Saxony was also deleted by Britain by convincing Prussia that Saxony plans war. Britain donated guns, of course with no munition.

The House Hanover was also on the British side. It was that House why Germany did the favor to Britain and split Germany with Luxemburg.

Anyway the house Prussia did not wanted to become Kaiser. In fact No one except Austria. In the 1830's and 1840's the people had enough. There were mass revolts against the Hohenzollern, that also got people shot. The family did not wanted to become Kaiser. Officially because the idea could not come from the people.
The people demanded :
Gold covered currency (later the reason for WW1)
Democracy
And a United Reich with a Kaiser on top

They got everything 1871. Not all German areas like northern Belgium or Austria or Netherlands and so on joined, so it was called the little German Country. The did get democracy. There are still Political parties in Germany today founded in those days. The American Constitution was also mostly copied. The Kaiser did not had much to say. Also interesting was that the people were also undecided about the capitol to be. The parliament sessions started 1848 in Frankfurt!
Moved later to Karlsruhe. Later it ended in Berlin. Just an example how difficult it was. The French and others started attack's all the time so it was safer in the East, too. But not the main reason.
You may be right in many details, but I miss a bigger overview in the tale:

After the collapse of the roman empire, the first great attempt at european unity was called the "holy roman empire", named so since having the ambition of restoring the unity of the antique roman empire. Most of France and Germany were united under Karl the great (or "Carolus Magnus), a german warlord of the frankish tribe. Karl was given the title Kaiser (like "Cesar") as the first in centuries, by the pope in Rome. Within Germany, he was seeing it as his frankish plight to convert the Saxons to christianity.

Short after Karls death, the fresh european empire split. The geographically extensive, non-german portion took the name France, ironically after the german tribe from which Karl stemmed. The rest tried to keep going as a pan-european empire, extending far into Italy, but from the beginning biased in direction german. For a longer time, the city coming closest to a capital was Nuremberg in Frankonia of present day Bavaria. That is the first Reich.

The first Reich shrunk with time. Its royal lineage remaining inherent to the emerging Austrian empire, whereas other german lands had splittered off. Thus, the claim that the first Reich was governed from Austria is not quite correct.

The strong carolinean heritage and the deep rooted catholisism are probable reasons that Austria to this day was not part of modern Germany, except from a few famed years under Nazi rule.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related, here is a map of german history in one glance (the map requires some prior knowledge):


The map is a bit simplified, but not false. It has a crude resolution, one could say.
__________________

Titan Man, UrbanMyth liked this post

Last edited by ELH; August 1st, 2015 at 06:02 PM.
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 08:34 AM   #428
The Eagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Halifax
Posts: 660
Likes (Received): 3484

Sorry for any misunderstanding. I tried to answer the question why the house of Hohenzollern got the job. What are you trying to say with 1000 or 2000 Years ago? Besides, the map is horrible as you sad. In the east slavic tribes immigrated between 750 and 900 into Germany. Also forgets france. Half of france spoke German. Nevermind. But nothing to do with the question from Titan Man.

But your knowledge of history is correct! Thank you very much.
__________________

Titan Man liked this post
The Eagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 08:43 AM   #429
The Eagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Halifax
Posts: 660
Likes (Received): 3484

The situation on our "Norwegian port"



One of the empty Norwegian houses:

source thanks potsdam-fan
__________________

Titan Man liked this post
The Eagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 11:04 AM   #430
ELH
Registered User
 
ELH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oslo / Hannover
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Sorry for any misunderstanding. I tried to answer the question why the house of Hohenzollern got the job. What are you trying to say with 1000 or 2000 Years ago? Besides, the map is horrible as you sad. In the east slavic tribes immigrated between 750 and 900 into Germany. Also forgets france. Half of france spoke German. Nevermind. But nothing to do with the question from Titan Man.

But your knowledge of history is correct! Thank you very much.
I´m sorry if I am a little over-enthusiastic about general history, but I tried to answer Titan man´s question myself, in a separate post two posts above; that the reason the Hohenzollerns came to be german emperors had to do with sheer "power politics".

Reading your reply, I assumed you had much factual knowledge - but I failed to see the connection between some of the informations about earlier history to Titan man´s question, in fact just the way you felt about my reply. That I "took the bait" relies on my general enthusiasm for history.
__________________

The Eagle liked this post

Last edited by ELH; August 2nd, 2015 at 11:15 AM.
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 12:28 PM   #431
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana
 
Titan Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Zadar
Posts: 593
Likes (Received): 718

Thanks, guys, for your answers. Now I know a lot more about that part of German history.
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 06:17 PM   #432
Saxonia
Registered User
 
Saxonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Res publica Banana
Posts: 1,057
Likes (Received): 7397

Sorry guys, but most I've read here is pretty nonsense. No offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Why were the Hohenzollerns proclaimed the emperors of Germany? It seems to me that Prussia was not the mightiest, richest and most advanced of the German kingdoms (or maybe not). Why couldn't other houses, like House of Wettin, be the emperors of united Germany?

Because the blue thing here is was ruled by the Hohenzollern and the small thing below with "Kgr. Sachsen" on it and the green sparkles left to it by the Wettins when the empire was found 1871.




To break it down: Read the wiki Article.
__________________
"Und heute ist die Frage Kommunist oder Sozialdemokrat, die Frage: Russe oder Deutscher und wir sind für Deutsche!"
- Kurt Schumacher

UrbanMyth, Tiaren liked this post
Saxonia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2015, 11:30 PM   #433
ELH
Registered User
 
ELH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oslo / Hannover
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxonia View Post
Sorry guys, but most I've read here is pretty nonsense. No offense.

Because the blue thing here is was ruled by the Hohenzollern and the small thing below with "Kgr. Sachsen" on it and the green sparkles left to it by the Wettins when the empire was found 1871.

To break it down: Read the wiki Article.
No offence taken, just that what you say doesn´t differ from what I allready said in my original reply to Titan man.

If you think something makes no sense, please make concrete. I´m always ready to learn.
__________________

The Eagle, keepthepast liked this post
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 09:18 PM   #434
The Eagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Halifax
Posts: 660
Likes (Received): 3484

Pictures from Quarter Barberini

The building with the round barrel on top used to be the old city hall...


Palazzo Pompei

Noack'sche House:



Barberini Very interesting



The stone type is sandstone. Very much white this one.

source: Thanks user campus solis
__________________
The Eagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 11:20 AM   #435
Tiaren
Registered User
 
Tiaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,702
Likes (Received): 5550

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
The stone type is sandstone. Very much white this one.
This is not sandstone but obviously concrete casting. But that isn't too bad. Cast concrete is basically cast stucco. The facade of the original Barberini wasn't completely made of sandstone either. The reconstruction actually already uses more stone than before.
__________________

Tolbert, Titan Man, robertwood liked this post
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 04:01 PM   #436
EagleswordTW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 100
Likes (Received): 188

I was in Potsdam a few days ago and took this wonderfull photo

Potsdam by Olav Höse, on Flickr

Before I had only been to Berlin, but this time in germany I had to visit Potsdam too. Wow, this was one of the best city that have I ever visited Everything looked so nice, and all these palaces :o I have to go there soon again
__________________
EagleswordTW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 05:38 PM   #437
Saxonia
Registered User
 
Saxonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Res publica Banana
Posts: 1,057
Likes (Received): 7397

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELH View Post
If you think something makes no sense, please make concrete. I´m always ready to learn.
Take this e.g.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELH View Post
The strong carolinean heritage and the deep rooted catholisism are probable reasons that Austria to this day was not part of modern Germany, except from a few famed years under Nazi rule.
We have strong catholic areas in todays Germany too (Rhineland, Bavaria). Todays Austria practically emerged from Bavaria. Braunau for example was even part of the Bavarian state until 1779 :P

The "Austrian-Germans" are not part of Germany because Bismarck kicked them out. Bismarck was of the opinion, that German Unification was inevitable. Yet, he wanted the Prussian influence to be as big as possible in a unified Germany. The Austrians opposed a national unification for the simple reason, that it would have been a ultimate threat to their multi-ethnic empire. So we had different groups in Germany around 1866 on states level. The war of 1866/67 practically was a prussian rebellion against the German Confederation. Most relevant states were on Austrias side (Württemberg, Bavaria, Saxony, Baden, Hannover). Only few sparsely populated states or states which were geographically isolated from Austrias allies supported Prussia (Oldenburg, Mecklenburg). Prussias main ally against Austria was Italy.

Well, the Prussians apparently won and formed the North German Confederation. The legal precursor of the Empire. However they did not break up Austria to include the Germans there in the unification for basically three reasons:
A The other southern states between Austria and Prussia were not forced into the "North German Confederation" because it would had provoced a conflict with France, giving them the opportunity to act like a protector of southern german independence against prussian threat.
B Bismarck thought he might need Austria as an ally in future conflicts
C He did not want Russia to claim Austrias non-german territories on the Balcans or in the east.


The second main stage of the Austrian emanzipation from Germany was the aftermath of WWII. The allies gave Austria the chance to get threated like a liberated country, not a defeated one. And they took the chance. Hence they began to define themselves collectively only as Austrians not as Germans anymore to not get confused with the old Nazis in the North.
__________________
"Und heute ist die Frage Kommunist oder Sozialdemokrat, die Frage: Russe oder Deutscher und wir sind für Deutsche!"
- Kurt Schumacher

TM_Germany liked this post

Last edited by Saxonia; August 17th, 2015 at 06:27 PM.
Saxonia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 05:50 PM   #438
ELH
Registered User
 
ELH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oslo / Hannover
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxonia View Post
Take this e.g.



We have strong catholic areas in todays Germany too (Rhineland, Bavaria). Todays Austria practically emerged from Bavaria. Braunau for example was even part of the Bavarian state until 1779 :P

The "Austrian-Germans" are not part of Germany because Bismarck kicked them out. Bismarck was of the opinion, that German Unification was inevitable. Yet, he wanted the Prussian influence to be as big as possible in a unified Germany. The Austrians opposed a national unification for the simple reason, that it would have been a ultimate threat to their multi-ethnic empire. So we had different groups in Germany around 1866 on states level. The war of 1866/67 practically was a prussian rebellion against the German Confederation. Most relevant states were on Austrias side (Württemberg, Bavaria, Saxony, Baden, Hannover). Only few densely populated states or states which were geographically isolated from Austrias allies supported Prussia (Oldenburg, Mecklenburg). Prussias main ally against Austria was Italy.

Well, the Prussians apparently won and formed the North German Confederation. The legal precursor of the Empire. However they did not broke up Austria to include the Germans there in the unification for basically three reasons:
A The other southern states between Austria and Prussia were not forced into the "North German Confederation" because it would had provoced a conflict with France, giving them the opportunity to act like a protector of southern german independence against prussian threat.
B Bismarck thought he might need Austria as an ally in features conflicts
C He did not want Russia to claim Austrias non-german territories on the Balcans or in the east.


The second main stage of the Austrian emanzipation from Germany was the aftermath of WWII. The allies gave Austria the chance to get threated like a liberated country, not a defeated one. And they took the chance. Hence they began to define themselves collectively only as Austrians not as Germans anymore to not get confused with the old Nazis in the North.
OK, thanks alot - a few new aspects got clear to me there.

I still think there is no absolute diverting point between what you say and my statement above.

Other catholic areas of Germany, like Bavaria, were also the most reluctant to be part of the united Germany.

The identity of Austria had retained one of being a historically justified empire, as you say, if multi-ethnic as was the holy roman empire before it.

The difference between Prussias aims and Austrias objectives were so great to begin with, one could argue, because of those historical circumstances.

Off course, neither Bismarck nor the Austrian emperor were out for "sharing power", a situation which MUST have no a greater historical reason.
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 12:04 AM   #439
dbmillbank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 37
Likes (Received): 1

When is the Garissonkirche going to be finished or is it done already?

For the old communist trying to stop it, including the BBC, they should sue for slander and have them prove why a church that Hitler spent about 15 minutes at is now called Hitler's church! I have been researching daily and have heard nothing about progress or if it is done or even started.
dbmillbank no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:40 AM   #440
robertwood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 228
Likes (Received): 272

Oh man! What happened to all those great pictures posted by the Eagle?
robertwood no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
potsdam, reconstruction

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu