daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan

Pasig - Mandaluyong - San Juan Home to Ortigas, the country's second most important commercial and business district.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #221
FlairLiving

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by koikoigold View Post
Sinabi ko ba lahat ng skygarden classy? Diba sabi ko starbucks at persia grill area lang. Plus classy simply means elegant, stylish and not dirty. Don't mistake "classy" for "luxurious". Luxurious is lavish, opulent and excessively expensive. So its obvious luxurious is a notch higher.

And going by that definition IMO that area of the skygarden is "classy". That's my opinion and I know most people with no bias will agree.

Plus a garden's main purpose is for a open green area to stroll around and unwind. If you seek class/luxury, you should go somewhere else - maybe a 5 star hotel or high end mall.
nakita ko si Inday. nagkakape. Hoy Inday! Umuwi ka na! maglaba at mamalansta ka pa!!! Eto talaga si Inday ang hilig hilig mag stroll/unwind jan sa kacheapang Skygarden na yan. Inday ha! upgrade ka na. Dati sa circle ka lang namamasyal ngayon sa Skygarden ka na, pakape kape ka pa.
FlairLiving no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #222
FlairLiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintoy View Post
anong classy sa Skygarden? parang lugar nga ng beerhouse ang ambiance. ang ingay, tapos jologs ang mga establishments, karamihan bakya crowd pa ang pumupunta.

paano naman nakatulong sa environment ang paglagay ng mga triangle-triangle na yan?
Ernie Baron triangle daw yan. pampa attract daw ng positive energy
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #223
FlairLiving

SM WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO THIS LIST, EVER!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DENR cites 10 ‘green’ companies
By DJ Yap
Philippine Daily Inquirer 2:39 am | Friday, November 30th, 2012 1 7 1
MANILA, Philippines—Multinational firms Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Nestle Philippines, Pilipinas Shell Petroleum and Holcim Philippines led 10 companies that were recognized Thursday as the country’s most earth-friendly in 2012.

The companies were awarded the Official Seal of Approval by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) for their efforts in incorporating green policies in their business platforms, officials said.

“The [winners] were chosen because of their exemplary environmental performance and for going beyond mere compliance with existing environmental laws and regulations,” Environment Secretary Ramon Paje said in a statement.

All the winners have not faced a single complaint in the DENR’s Pollution Adjudication Board in the past three years.

As reward for outstanding green policies of the winners, the DENR will relax its rules on the submission requirements for their reports, automatically extend the validity of their permits and ease procedures in securing environmental compliance certificates for the expansion of their projects, Paje said.

Environment Undersecretary Manuel Gerochi, along with Director Juan Miguel Cuna and Assistant Director Eva Ocfemia, handed out the awards in simple rites at the DENR main office in Quezon City.

The awards are part of the DENR’s Philippine Environmental Partnership Program (PEPP), which covers public and private industrial and commercial establishments, including agri-industrial facilities, manufacturing companies.

Paje said the program was “a way of expressing gratitude to companies committed to environmental protection through various business practices.”

“Their policies on self-monitoring and self-regulation deserve to be recognized and emulated by other companies,” he said.

The winners were Aboitiz Power Hedcor Sibulan Inc.-Davao del Sur; Coca-Cola plants in the provinces of Isabela, Ilocos Norte, La Union and Pangasinan; Green Core Geothermal Inc.-Tongonan Geothermal Power Plant; Energy Development Corp.’s geothermal power fields in Kidapawan City and Leyte province; and Holcim’s plants in Lugait, Misamis Oriental and Norzagaray, Bulacan;

Nestle’s Cagayan Distribution Center and factory in Pulilan, Bulacan; the Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining Corp.-Isabela, Leyte; Pilipinas Shell’s Tacloban Terminal; Batangas Onshore Gas Refinery of Shell Philippines Malampaya B. V.; STEAG State Power Inc.-Misamis Oriental; and Team Energy Corp.’s power stations in Pagbilao, Quezon, and Sual, Pangasinan.

A total of 57 companies have been awarded since the program started in 2009.
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #224
koikoigold

Likes (Received): 141

Basta ang mahalaga well appreciated ang skygarden ng masa (mayaman, feeling mayaman at mahirap). The smiles and happiness around says that people are enjoying the beautiful garden scenery and that's what's important in a garden/ park. Di yung park na nilalangaw.

"May kasabihan nga na ang punong sagana sa bunga - pinupukol."

These past years lang naman SM Premier malls ang humahakot ng awards like PRA Mall of the year at Reader's digest most trusted mall brand. Pag dating naman sa pagiging pioneer sa green architecture yung upcoming SM aura at Baguio expansion 1st LEED certified malls in the country.

Eh yung iba dyan anong innovation at awards recently? - di nakakapagtaka na maraming ampalaya

On a side note looks like SM Megamall expansion interiors would probabaly look like a fusion of SM North Annex (hallways) & The Block. Expect classy interiors with wide hallways, ambient lighting, high ceilings and a wide atrium. I'm glad that SM is continuing it's trend of providing more spacious interiors with their new malls - hindi claustrophobic.

Last edited by koikoigold; November 30th, 2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: edit text
koikoigold no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #225
cyrusal

Likes (Received): 126

Saw the rendering and it seems it stands at least 6 floor above the ground and there are no signs of any garden or whatever green installations that many of you here wished for.
cyrusal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #226
xavierdude

Likes (Received): 69

Some sm fans will definitely be disappointed
Old November 30th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #227
mapuan_CE
Civil Engineer

Likes (Received): 2

pls post the render thanks.
mapuan_CE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #228
thomasian

Likes (Received): 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusal View Post
Saw the rendering and it seems it stands at least 6 floor above the ground and there are no signs of any garden or whatever green installations that many of you here wished for.
At this point, all I really care about is having a new olympic sized ice rink one ride away from home.

But going back to the rendering, it's actually five floors above ground, from the upper-ground level to the fifth level (lower ground and basement 1 are both parking levels). Yup, no skygarden, and they even had the guts to do "al fresco" (yes, that part with the three colorful parasols/umbrellas if we are looking at the same rendering) on the periphery of the upper ground level. Well, more like "al pollutado" (no such word ) for me as it is facing the polluted EDSA.

Notice the Olympic Sized Ice Rink on the fifth level facing edsa (behind the glass curtain wall). I can't wait to let my ancient Reebok 1k hockey hit the new ice come 2014...

...of course that is if it surprisingly survives two more years of use and abuse.

If you are at liberty of uploading and posting the rendering, please do so because I am not. For the sake of beloved SSCers. Otherwise, there's no harm showing it to those who are interested so I can bring that perspective together with floor plans next skating saturday which is December 8, at the MoA International Skating Rink, just look for me, the guy wearing that pair of hockey skates, obviously, no one else has got a Reebok that ancient so there won't be mistakes. Not this saturday though because it's my third week of rest due to some knee injury which I got from falling badly after slipping while being taught really-tight hockey-turns by a buddy from a competitor team, but I'm sure there was no motive of him trying to get me injured by making me do stuff I'm not yet good at. I'm sure of that because he loves teaching newbies.

BTW, the floor plan shows a food court beside the new ice rink and an Imax theater, all of them at the fifth level of this new Building D, exciting!!!

Last edited by thomasian; November 30th, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 07:16 AM   #229
jhomai14
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusal View Post
and that closes my issue. "al polutado" as what was mentioned above and being coined to the polluted EDSA, there is really a need to have these "green" motif. Perhaps Henry Sy should enrol some Landscaping or Urban Planning classes in UP College of Architecture for some refreshment. Ang ganda siguro tignan ng megamall kung naka bermuda grass ang harapan ng mall, or paligid ng mall.
Old December 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM   #230
crossboneka

Likes (Received): 1073

crossboneka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 02:41 PM   #231
thomasian

Oh my, that's the updated perspective you have! Thanks.

And since a more updated one had been released out in the open, I don't think my source won't mind me posting the one I have here.

I'll explain some of the changes later...

Last edited by thomasian; December 1st, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
thomasian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM   #232
tita01

Likes (Received): 805

nice
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:18 PM   #233
thomasian

This is the original size but I had to crop to maintain a file size of less than 1mb.

image hosted on www.photobucket.com
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM   #234
cyrusal

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post
Oh my, that's the updated perspective you have! Thanks.

And since a more updated one had been released out in the open, I don't think my source won't mind me posting the one I have here.

Thanks for sharing!
Wait, is that an expansion of The Podium at the back?
cyrusal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM   #235
Danny19

Likes (Received): 62

The annex buildung looks nice but it would have been really better with a skygarden. The new bldg. will be 150,000 mē right?
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:24 AM   #236
todjikid
perfect day 4 bananafish

Likes (Received): 306

now, that's one pretty structure. it will make EDSA a more pleasant ride home.
todjikid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 12:46 AM   #237
skyscraper2012
Sky is the Limit

Likes (Received): 6407

i like the glass structure
skyscraper2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:38 AM   #238
reign

Likes (Received): 74

very nice design.
reign no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:58 AM   #239
Worthington
Your Fiend

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasian View Post

looking forward to that, I'm curious what are those two boxes on top.
Worthington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #240
anone

Likes (Received): 397

pabor sa akin itong extension kapag umaambon/umuulan o sobrang init kung lalakarin ko ang SM galing Soho Central.
anone no está en línea   Reply With Quote