daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers Discussions of projects under construction between 200-299m/650-999ft tall.
» Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:54 PM   #21
Greg95100
Un banlieusard en Sologne

Location: Paris/Romorantin (Loir et Cher)/Argentan ( Normandie)
Likes (Received): 3843

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Too Chinese looking.
Too chinese looking??? Why???

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1657109

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_qpZ-Nvww8

RIP Xavier.

Tokyo-Paris-New-York-Los Angeles
Greg95100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:03 PM   #22
Hed_Kandi
Registered Usurper

Likes (Received): 12618

Very poor design.
Hed_Kandi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:14 PM   #23
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM   #24
giorgio righi riva
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

New york again lost architecture chance(last time was hudson yards the bigger new project of banality....and Steven Holl a new yorker genius build in china..... )
New york is not more the avant gard capital the creative center.If you want bold new avant gard architecture , you need to fly to china , new york go down , fall...lose position in fight to international new capitals of the world.
Which is the sense if you take Zaha hadid and rem kohlass and put them constraints? is like buy a ferrari and put limit in the power motor.... but at least Zaha or rem with costraints were more creative that foster ..this competition it sound like advertising ' for press .........take avant gard interneational world famous arch genius , when you know that the choice will be the more chip to build and more conservative...
New Icon? hahahhhahaha the foster is a banal parody of the lever house mixed with foster hong kong bank ....
poor new york ....at least i hope for Libeskind in Madison park...
giorgio righi riva no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:25 PM   #25
giorgio righi riva
BANNED

But i think there is no problem , because will be never builded : 2015 ahhahaahahah not serious start in 2015 ,is to far ,it is a joke , is only alittle bit of advertising for L e L
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:27 PM   #26
giorgio righi riva
BANNED

pretentious (about structure) boring modernist banal box .
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #27
RegentHouse
City Development Shitlord

Likes (Received): 771

Quote:
Bring back International Style modernism! 432 Park is the loneliest box in NYC! I really hope something along the lines of that render will be built.
The entire block is surrounded by International Style buildings, save for 417 Park Avenue which survived the Uris Brothers era.

Quote:
Too Chinese looking.
Too Chinese looking? Chinese buildings tend to be inspiring and the best of global architecture firms. The design for this tower is awful!

I sort of agree with giorgio righi riva, but I'm not 100% sure what he's saying. New York City really needs to pull its head out of the sand and stop appealing to Jane Jacobsonian cultural Marxists that turned the city into Hell's gate during the 1970s. The government needs to appeal to and incentivize the international business elite to keep the city the financial capital of the world, let alone the United States. Only then can there be solid proposals that ultimately get built.

I miss Giuliani and Bloomberg when there was an "R" next to his name.
RegentHouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #28
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Likes (Received): 18920

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio righi riva View Post
pretentious (about structure) boring modernist banal box .
With all the repsect - you know nothing about architecture. And edit you post next time.

Bo gdzie byś nie był i jak by cię nie przyjęli
Nigdy nie będziesz się czuł jak na Obiecanej Ziemi

Łódź - Remonty kamienic i zabytków - 2010, 2011, 2012
Łódzkie absurdy drogowe - ŁAD na Facebooku!

NYC & EastCoast USA!
dexter2 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #29
babybackribs2314

Likes (Received): 545

I have a feeling this won't rise until the re-zoning; why would you waste 300K sf of air rights?

& follow YIMBY on Twitter! New York YIMBY Twitter
babybackribs2314 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #30
singoone
€ Scraping the sky €

Likes (Received): 666

Yeah I like it. The Park Ave is booming.
singoone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #31
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

The design seems to me to be pretty medicore, kinda like the Hudson Yards
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #32
Renna Hazel

Likes (Received): 14

I like it, especially the bottom. Looks very classy.
Renna Hazel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #33
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

I don't really understand why this tower is getting so much hate. I think it's quite nice, from the one rendering.

Anyway, New Yorkers will have the opportunity to see the design in more detail. From, The Observer:

"...For those eager to get a look at all of Foster + Partner’s designs for 425 Park, as well as the three losing proposals, they will be on display Oct. 18 and 19 as part of the Municipal Art Society’s annual MAS Summit, to be held at Jazz at Lincoln Center..."
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #34
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
The design seems to me to be pretty medicore, kinda like the Hudson Yards
i like the hudson yards tower designs
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #35
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

You want fancy designs? Go live in Moscow, then.
And yes, in my opinion, this looks like the dime a dozen chinese condos.
Oh well, at least there is a new tallest NY building near to it that will be International Modernist.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #36
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio righi riva View Post
New york again lost architecture chance(last time was hudson yards the bigger new project of banality....and Steven Holl a new yorker genius build in china..... )
New york is not more the avant gard capital the creative center.If you want bold new avant gard architecture , you need to fly to china , new york go down , fall...lose position in fight to international new capitals of the world.
Which is the sense if you take Zaha hadid and rem kohlass and put them constraints? is like buy a ferrari and put limit in the power motor.... but at least Zaha or rem with costraints were more creative that foster ..this competition it sound like advertising ' for press .........take avant gard interneational world famous arch genius , when you know that the choice will be the more chip to build and more conservative...
New Icon? hahahhhahaha the foster is a banal parody of the lever house mixed with foster hong kong bank ....
poor new york ....at least i hope for Libeskind in Madison park...
wow, i could hardly understand any of that
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #37
Amastroi2017
The Power Of Roof Height

Likes (Received): 112

I like the design but I think the top should be the third curve. Having two curves and a flat top doesn't seem to keep with the flow of the building to me.

Amastroi2017 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #38
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

I am very curious to see the crown from the west.

http://www.fosterandpartners.com/News/481/Default.aspx

03/10/2012
Foster + Partners wins competition for new tower at 425 Park Avenue, New York

Foster + Partners is delighted to be selected by a partnership of L&L Holding Company and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. (LBHI) to design their new office tower at 425 Park Avenue. The new building will create an enduring landmark that befits its exclusive location, and is uniquely of its time and its place.

The project presents an outstanding opportunity to contribute to the existing character of Park Avenue and responds to the scale and datum of the Avenue and neighbouring buildings. Clearly expressing the geometry of its structure, the tapered steel-frame tower rises to meet three shear walls that will be illuminated, adding to the vibrant New York City skyline. Its elegant facade seamlessly integrates with the innovative internal arrangement that allows for three gradated tiers of column-free floors.

Offering world-class sustainable office accommodation, the new building anticipates changing needs in the workplace with large, open spaces that encompass flexible use. Each of the three tiers – low, medium and high-rise – is defined by a landscaped terrace that provides an excellent amenity for tenants and offers panoramic views across Manhattan and Central Park. At the street level, the conceptual design for 425 Park Avenue gives as much to the City as to the people that will work in it with the potential for a large civic plaza marked by significant works of art.

Lord Foster said:
“I have a personal connection with New York, which has been a source of inspiration since my time at Yale, when the new towers on Park Avenue and its neighbourhoods were a magnet for every young architect. Seeing first-hand the works of Mies van der Rohe, Gordon Bunshaft, Eero Saarinen and Philip Johnson was tremendously exciting then – I am delighted to have this very special opportunity to design a contemporary tower to stand alongside them. Our aim is to create an exceptional building, both of its time and timeless, as well as being respectful of this context – a tower that is for the City and for the people that will work in it, setting a new standard for office design and providing an enduring landmark that befits its world-famous location.”

RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #39
yankeesfan1000

Likes (Received): 560

Judging from that one rendering it looks like the crown will look similar to the TWC, looking from the East or West that is. I definitely plan on going to see this in more detail and the other, rejected designs, on either the 18th or 19th so hopefully I can report some good news.
yankeesfan1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #40
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
not bad, looks to be ~250m with the crown
This new proposal by Foster+Partners will most likely be a high rise, not a skyscraper (40 stories and probably < 650 ft). So I'm moving the thread. Should we learn different, then a change in status will naturally follow.

Tags
new york, norman foster