daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 7th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #701
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5284

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeeSpirit View Post
Ok lets go through this. I say fascinating because Lodz has probably fhe largest potential/space for modern change and yet has the largest amount of pre-war architecture (appart from Krakow). Lodz has it all to come. The city is currently beginning a comlete renovation. Have you not heard about this? The government has restarted plans for a large airport between Lodz and Warsaw. The high speed rail link. It will soon be viable to live cheaper in Lodz and work in Warsaw. I know so many people from Spain Italy Portugal who live and work in Lodz. They have purchased property and will make money on that. They enjoy life in Lodz - and more are coming. This will cause a chain reaction. I am currently investing in property in Lodz. Yes people are leaving - but other people are replacing them. I have been to Lodz 9 times this year.

You say without a future - completely blindly - based on nothing but your own bias.

Lodz has more history than most American cities. New York's grid road system was influenced by Lodz
I am in the process of making a residential investment in Poland as well and Lodz is at the top of my list, but there are other rivals that are neck in neck in our estimation. I think the chance for appreciation of investment in Lodz is amazing. It's all about vision, promotion and yes the will of many people...keep up the momentum.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

Titan Man, FEJM liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2016, 03:35 PM   #702
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Likes (Received): 18838

Btw, there is Light Move Festoval going on right now in Łódź. Some pics from yesterday:

3 hours before start:

And after:

Bo gdzie byś nie był i jak by cię nie przyjęli
Nigdy nie będziesz się czuł jak na Obiecanej Ziemi

Łódź - Remonty kamienic i zabytków - 2010, 2011, 2012
Łódzkie absurdy drogowe - ŁAD na Facebooku!

NYC & EastCoast USA!
dexter2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 08:13 PM   #703
Lower Silesia
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeeSpirit View Post
Ok lets go through this. I say fascinating because Lodz has probably fhe largest potential/space for modern change and yet has the largest amount of pre-war architecture (appart from Krakow). Lodz has it all to come. The city is currently beginning a comlete renovation. Have you not heard about this? The government has restarted plans for a large airport between Lodz and Warsaw. The high speed rail link. It will soon be viable to live cheaper in Lodz and work in Warsaw. I know so many people from Spain Italy Portugal who live and work in Lodz. They have purchased property and will make money on that. They enjoy life in Lodz - and more are coming. This will cause a chain reaction. I am currently investing in property in Lodz. Yes people are leaving - but other people are replacing them. I have been to Lodz 9 times this year.
The new airport not will be in Łódź but halfway between Łódź and Warsaw. But it probably does not, however, because the government tends to expand Modlin airport. There will be no turn in Poland high speed. Pendolino ride has long been one of the largest cities in Poland, so the Łódź is not unique. I do not know who is working in Warsaw will want every day to do 280 km. To make money on real estate must be in demand, and as the Łódź all run and no takers there to buy or rent an apartment and make it currently impossible. Yes, the whole of Europe descends to Łódź and buys the apartment I enjoy life in Łódź he he he
See how they enjoy:

http://www.cda.pl/video/1094740b

And yet classic Polish film

Lower Silesia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 11:13 PM   #704
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Trolls not gonna last long

---------

One more pic from LMF:

NYC & EastCoast USA!

FEJM, keliautigera liked this post

Last edited by dexter2; October 8th, 2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old October 12th, 2016, 10:10 PM   #705
vera.g

Likes (Received): 4

It's impossible to choose the most beautiful city in Poland, there are too many of them. I can count at least four "most beautiful cities" there: Krakow, Wroclaw, Gdansk, and Warsaw of course.
vera.g no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 10:29 PM   #706
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 718

The only thing that I find somehow "problematic" or, should I say, a flaw when it comes to Polish cities, is the size of their old town areas. Torun and Zamosc are quite small (but that's understandable as those are not Poland's biggest cities), Warsaw's reconstructed area is not that big as well (although it was perefectly reconstructed), and when it comes to Gdansk, it has many empty plots and doesn't look that good from air, which is sad, as I think a thoroughly reconstructed Gdansk would easily be on par with Prague, Krakow or some other famous historical city, as its architecture has some really intriguing charm.

Alatar liked this post
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 10:55 PM   #707
Alatar

Likes (Received): 378

Don't bother. These cities were beautiful and don't need to be anymore. It's modernism (with all its variations) and forward-thinking time. Content yourself with what's remained and if you are some sort of weirdo and want big historical impressive city, go somewhere else. Poland is not for your tastes.

(if not noticed a bit of irony in this post)

Titan Man liked this post
Alatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #708
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 718

Maybe Lodz can save the day, it has a fair amount of prewar architecture that just needs to be renovated. I guess reconstructed Gdansk or Wroclaw will remain an unfulfilled dream for me...

Alatar liked this post
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2016, 12:08 AM   #709
borubar7

Likes (Received): 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Maybe Lodz can save the day, it has a fair amount of prewar architecture ...
Also Krakow. I was (thanks God) not destroyed during WWII.

borubar7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2016, 12:40 AM   #710
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4536

Cities with a lot of historic architecture in Poland tend to have some serious problems with urban decay so I would be a bit hestitant to call them beautiful.

Magog liked this post
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2016, 09:27 PM   #711
Atrium
reboot!!!!

Likes (Received): 158

Zakopane: Reason = Cause I had an amazing Kielbasa and grilled cheese there Faken Kebabs everywhere and a man has to travel such distances to taste the finer things in life

Urbanista1, Magog, Roy Corduroy, borkosiu liked this post

Last edited by Atrium; October 15th, 2016 at 09:34 PM.
Atrium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2016, 02:02 PM   #712
hrabewoj

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by borubar7 View Post
What other Polish cities did you visit?
I can recommend you Kraków, Wieliczka, Sandomierz, Kazimierz Dolny, Szczecin and Łowicz
hrabewoj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2016, 02:54 PM   #713
keliautigera

Likes (Received): 631

For me, the most beautiful city in Poland is Warsaw. I also like Gdansk, Wroclaw, Krakow, Lublin, Torun, Zakopane.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 10:25 PM   #714
dexter2
Pijcie portera z BŁ!

Christmas peroid in Łódź ofiicialy started today

https://www.facebook.com/lodzpl/phot...type=3&theater

NYC & EastCoast USA!

Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:47 PM   #715
RS_UK-PL

Likes (Received): 3392

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju09...nbr3eI_l5okQE5

Urbanista1 liked this post
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
breslau, bydgoszcz, gdańsk, kraków, lublin, podlaskie, poznań, poznan, przemyśl, stargard, toruń, warszawa, wrocław, zamość, zamosc