daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:06 AM   #461
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathaninATX View Post
What's the word on One Brickell City Centre?
My understanding is that it was approved by the Planning Board, but I'm not sure yet at what height it was approved - 989 or 1102 feet.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2014, 06:22 AM   #462
jonathaninATX

Likes (Received): 2570

Awesome, I hope they approve it up to the 1,102ft mark. It will definitely be a big skyline changer for Miami.

jonathaninATX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 07:50 AM   #463
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathaninATX View Post
Awesome, I hope they approve it up to the 1,102ft mark. It will definitely be a big skyline changer for Miami.
We hope so too. The property is only zoned for 80 stories, but supposedly there is an amendment clause. Even if we get 1,102 feet from the city's planning board, we still have to get FAA approval, and we have a 1,010 feet height cap. Swire just might be able to pull it off with the location of the building and their clout as a developer.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

Old January 23rd, 2014, 08:23 AM   #464
jonathaninATX

Likes (Received): 2570

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
We hope so too. The property is only zoned for 80 stories, but supposedly there is an amendment clause. Even if we get 1,102 feet from the city's planning board, we still have to get FAA approval, and we have a 1,010 feet height cap. Swire just might be able to pull it off with the location of the building and their clout as a developer.
Sounds like Houston. lol... I'm hoping this one gets built. It's going to be one of my favorite buildings in Miami.

jonathaninATX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #465
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

One Thousand Museum Wins FAA Approval

Quote:
Zaha Hadid's exoskeletoned condo palazzo, One Thousand Museum, has gotten the green light from the Federal Aviation Administration, according to developer Gregg Covin.

The tower has received its Letter Of No Hazard, meaning there's no risk of of a plane-go-splat-on-starchitect-designed-tower situation from aircraft arriving or departing from Miami International Airport.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2014, 11:42 PM   #466
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Eight Miami Towers Were Approved By The FAA Last Week

Quote:
The Federal Aviation Administration issued notices last week declaring that eight proposed towers in Miami do not pose a hazard to air navigation, allowing construction to proceed. In some of these cases, the FAA took over a year to make a decision. Below, all eight towers that have been given the green light:

Paraiso Bay – Twin towers approved to a height of 549 feet above sea level, or 546 feet above ground level. Related Group is the developer, and Arquitectonica is the project architect.

Echo Brickell – Carlos Ott designed tower will rise to a height of 641 feet above sea level, the structure itself will be 637 feet. Reduced from original size. The developer is Property Markets Group.

Resorts World Miami – Three towers approved to a height of 649 feet above sea level. Owned by Genting, Arquitectonica is the architect.

1000 Museum - A tower designed by Zaha Hadid is now approved to rise to a height of 709 feet above sea level. But developers Gregg Covin and Louis Birdman still haven’t closed on the purchase of the property.

600 Biscayne – Approved to rise 709 feet above sea level, with a structure height of 704 feet. Owned by Manuel Grosskopf and Chateau Group, the historic Freedom Tower at the front of the building will be preserved while demolishing the rear of the structure which is not historic.

Old January 27th, 2014, 11:55 PM   #467
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

That 600 Biscayne is another building over 200 meters and over 700 feet that I didn't know we had coming.

My photo threads:

Old January 28th, 2014, 12:02 AM   #468
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Quote:
That 600 Biscayne is another building over 200 meters and over 700 feet that I didn't know we had coming.
There's also 700 Biscayne too!

Old January 28th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #469
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
There's also 700 Biscayne too!
This means we probably have two more buildings over 200 meters coming down that pike that I didn't even know about. Hearing about Gentings three 649 feet towers was also encouraging because we weren't sure if they were going forward or not without the gaming. Looks like they want a piece of the Miami real estate pie just like everybody else. They would have gone taller except for the fact nothing north of I-395 can be over 649 feet.

Paraiso Bay, farther north of the three Genting towers, according to a sales representative, will be a 5-building project, three of which will be over 549 feet tall. The two towers that were approved are only part of phase 1. Whatever else they bulid will depend on the market, just as One Brickell (80, 70, 55 stories planned) Jorge Perez is going to do in phases. These projects are really going to plug holes in the Miami skyline.

My photo threads:

Old January 28th, 2014, 07:46 PM   #470
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

There's even more:

Trump Buys Golden Strand Sunny Isles Timeshares For $100 Million, Will Demolish, Expect Towers

Quote:
Aventura developer The Trump Group, led by Jules and Eddie Trump, are closer to completing a $100 million buy of the Golden Strand timeshare at 17901 Collins Avenue in Sunny Isles Beach.

On January 17th, Trump closed on the purchase of a block of timeshare weeks owned by investor Joseph Feldman for $28.3 million. Trump has been painstakingly taking ownership of the units, week by week, since late last year.

The original offer made to owners of timeshare units came earlier in 2013 for about $100 million. Under the terms of the original offer, payment would not be made to unit owners until 2017. The Golden Strand , built in 1982, will be demolished.
And....

Kobi Karp Designing 38 Story, 449 Foot Tower In Hallandale

Quote:
A 38-story condo tower designed by architect Kobi Karp is currently going through the approval process in Hallandale Beach.

If approved, the 449-foot tall tower will include 64 residential units along with a robotic parking garage.

Old January 28th, 2014, 08:02 PM   #471
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

I'm trying to get on top of this thing again to update all the new construction from there. The former property manager of the Miami Tower used to let me up there all the time, but this new one charges some ridiculous fee when I can charter a damn plane for less money. I'm sorry, but I'm not shooting a music video with a producer's budget.

My photo threads:

Old January 28th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #472
ChuckScraperMiami#1

Likes (Received): 22079

Quote:
Already Approved Over 7 Years ago and The FAA Back then allowed it that High back then too,

It Was For a Long Time QuantumX, Our SSC Friendly Family Moderator and Friend, Both Were Approved The Same time as The Marquis Hotel Condo Tower at 712 Feet Sea Level , But ended up at 706 feet, IMO !!
Steve, Both 600 Biscayne ( The Freedom Tower Condo ) and 700 Biscayne ( Paramount Park Condo Tower ) Was Part of the " Biscayne Wall "at Over 700 Feet, 709 Feet From Sea Level,
ChuckScraperMiami#1 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2014, 08:17 PM   #473
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckScraperMiami#1 View Post
Already Approved Over 7 Years ago and The FAA Back then allowed it that High back then too,

It Was For a Long Time QuantumX, Our SSC Friendly Family Moderator and Friend, Both Were Approved The Same time as The Marquis Hotel Condo Tower at 712 Feet Sea Level , But ended up at 706 feet, IMO !!
Steve, Both 600 Biscayne ( The Freedom Tower Condo ) and 700 Biscayne ( Paramount Park Condo Tower ) Was Part of the Biscayne Wall at Over 700 Feet, 709 Feet From Sea Level,
I remember, Chuck! But I think in spite of FAA approval, 600 Biscayne was originally planned to be only just over 600 feet, so I'm happy the project has turned into a 200+ meter building. I think back in the early 80s, a 700 feet tall tower was planned there.

My photo threads:

Old February 4th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #474
invisiblewar

Likes (Received): 66

Man I could stare at the Miami Tower all day. If it was resized to around 1200ft it would be my favorite building ever.

invisiblewar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2014, 04:10 PM   #475
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblewar View Post
Man I could stare at the Miami Tower all day. If it was resized to around 1200ft it would be my favorite building ever.
I wish they had at least taken it to 250 meters to make it our tallest building when it was built. I think it would have looked much better at that height.

My photo threads:

Old February 7th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #476
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57864

Quantum: What's the charge like now?

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2014, 09:46 AM   #477
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Brickell House gets toppy:

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehotelhouse/

geometarkv, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old February 18th, 2014, 10:01 AM   #478
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Berkowitz: SkyRise Miami To Break Ground In May

Quote:
SkyRise Miami will begin site work in just two months and break ground in May, according to developer Jeff Berkowitz.

The 1,000 foot observation tower has received zoning approval, but the city commission still needs to sign off on certain elements of the plan, Berkowitz said.

Berkowitz is planning to sublease about 2 acres from Bayside Marketplace, but that deal has not been completed yet.

The developer is hoping to raise nearly $270 million of the estimated $430 million in construction costs through the EB-5 investor program.

Old February 18th, 2014, 10:21 AM   #479
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

myBrickell Complete

Quote:
mybrickell, the Arquitectonica/Karim Rashid-designed smorgasbord of color that we've been following since it was nothing more than a runty little hole in the ground and a gleam in Jorge Perez's eye, is finished. Curbed photog Silvia Ros got the grand tour. Residents have begun moving in, and the Related Group is basking in the glory of having completed the first post-crash building in Brickell, and just generally being the Related Group.

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:19 PM   #480
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Grove Isle Hotel Could Go Kablooey For Swooshy New Condo

Quote:
Developers have proposed demolishing the Grove Isle Hotel & Spa. In its stead would rise an 18-story glass and concrete condo tower, the fourth condo tower on the private island, much to the dismay of current island residents going by the nom-de-guerre The Preserve Grove Isle Committee, who worry they could lose pedestrian access to the area, a sweet hotel in which they throw parties, and the hotel's fire pit, a local hotspot.

Tags
aventura, coral gables, edgewater, ft. lauderdale, hallandale beach, hialeah, hollywood, miami, miami beach, midtown, palm beach, pompano beach, sobe, sunny isles beach, west palm beach