daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #801
phoenix93

Likes (Received): 506

Dubai's budget is 30 times larger than that of Yekaterinburg ... Russia would need this much more

Sakesin, sept liked this post
phoenix93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #802
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 28990

Jealousy kills haters, be careful ... Dubai Dubai and Dubai

hqho1671 liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #803
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

People still say "haters" in 2013? That's weak.
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #804
Phantom of communism
The Schrödinger's cat

Likes (Received): 6202

Go, Dubai, really?
Willkommen in Jekaterinburg! Ласкаво просимо до Єкатеринбургу! Сардэчна запрашаем у Екацерынбург! Vítejte v Jekatěrinburgu! Tere tulemast Jekaterinburg! Bienvenue à Iekaterinbourg! Welkom bij Jekaterinburg! Velkommen til Ekaterinburg! Bienvenido a Yekaterimburgo! Velkomin á Ekaterinburg! Laipni lūdzam uz Jekaterinburgu! Екатеринбургга рәхим итегез! Yekaterinburga Xoş gəlmisiniz! Welcome to Yekaterinburg! Добро пожаловать в Екатеринбург!

sept, Sakesin liked this post
Phantom of communism no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #805
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4436

Expected victory for Dubai (too big budget). Ekaterinburg should bid for EXPO 2025!
WFInsider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #806
merseyside

Likes (Received): 2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel900 View Post
Jealousy kills haters, be careful ... Dubai Dubai and Dubai
You don't have anything that make us jeaolus. Your city was a village on desert 40 years ago. Due to money and petrol, you have built high rises, supertalls. All you have got is this. Your city is absolutely artifical. I hate artifical cities.

But İzmir is "the pearl of Aegean". It has got a fantastic history, climate, sea, port. İzmir is a natural and historical Mediterranean city.

So MONEY and BRIBE won this competition. Come when your petrol reserves end
merseyside no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #807
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 28990

Quote:
Originally Posted by merseyside View Post
You don't have anything that make us jeaolus. Your city was a village on desert 40 years ago. Due to money and petrol, you have built high rises, supertalls. All you have got is this. Your city is absolutely artifical. I hate artifical cities.

But İzmir is "the pearl of Aegean". It has got a fantastic history, climate, sea, port. İzmir is a natural and historical Mediterranean city.

So MONEY and BRIBE won this competition. Come when your petrol reserves end
I DONT CARE CZ WE WON AND YOU LOST ... losers
Oh and plz educated yourself or read a book plz ... Dubai got NO more petrol ... its money is from other sectors

MKTJ liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #808
what?

Likes (Received): 4

Man Izmir lost twice to host this. Turkey lost the Olympics too this year. Don't get me wrong, I love turkey but don't accuse of us bribing people. Now, you like Dubai or not, that's your opinion. Dubai fascinated the world. Go ask the people outside your country about Dubai and Izmir. They probably never ever heard of your city and that's my friend is a reality. Try it when you travel
what? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #809
droneriot
Urban Hermit

I don't know why people from Dubai are so happy about this. Have you ever been to an Expo? I have. It's really boring and really pointless. I don't even know what purpose it serves.

aade, Nubian_Warrior, Jakob liked this post
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #810
Nikonov_Ivan

Likes (Received): 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom of communism View Post
Go, Dubai, really?
Well, i think( no, i am sure) situation with LGBT rights in Russian is not much better that in Dubai.
P.s. I think, Dubai won not only because big budget, but also because of great(perfect, i can say) main idea for the EXPO. And well-developed infrastructure as well.

My congratulations!

MKTJ liked this post
Nikonov_Ivan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #811
Nikonov_Ivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
I don't know why people from Dubai are so happy about this. Have you ever been to an Expo? I have. It's really boring and really pointless. I don't even know what purpose it serves.
I can be boring, but it bring a lot of money, a lot of new jobs and a lot of tourists.
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #812
Turkiiish

Likes (Received): 367

UEFA EURO 2024 TURKEY BID - https://www.facebook.com/Euro2024TURKEY

chambre12 liked this post
Turkiiish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #813
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonov_Ivan View Post
I can be boring, but it bring a lot of money, a lot of new jobs and a lot of tourists.
But not for long. The Expo 2000 site in Hannover seemed pretty dead the last few times I've been in the area.
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #814
emrearas

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by what? View Post
Man Izmir lost twice to host this. Turkey lost the Olympics too this year. Don't get me wrong, I love turkey but don't accuse of us bribing people. Now, you like Dubai or not, that's your opinion. Dubai fascinated the world. Go ask the people outside your country about Dubai and Izmir. They probably never ever heard of your city and that's my friend is a reality. Try it when you travel
+1 totally true... competing a alpha city. altough izmir lack of int. connections than dubai another reason. it was obvious from the start dubai is the clear favorite. but will it be a victor against İstanbul or Moscow?? questionable.

about Olympics, Istanbul can push harder tokyo and may be win if our stupid government doesnt involve in syria problem or other stupid int. acts.
what is done is done. cong. dubai. im sure it will be an exciting expo but whats in peoples mind about u and gulf countries will never change
money can buy everything

+ u will never host olympics till someone like platini will become head of IOC

and i still insist on... the health theme is the best ever in expo history..... think about cell plantation and cancer aids recovery technology in expo... it will be a turn point in world history not an eiffel or crystal palace but the most important gift to humanity
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #815
Nikonov_Ivan

Quote:
But not for long. The Expo 2000 site in Hannover seemed pretty dead the last few times I've been in the area.
The site- of course yes( because this pavilions are temporary), but it is a great opportunity to restart all the project that are on hold now and to start new projects.
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #816
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Yeah, but what I worry about is that it seems like an economic band-aid, similar to the Athens Olympics. They invest all that money and jobs are created and it pushes the economy, and when the Expo is over, what becomes of that? Then they'll have that huge investment suddenly no one is interested in anymore.
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #817
napoleon
Liberty, Equality, Frate

Likes (Received): 4357

Congratulation Dubai.
napoleon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #818
what?

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrearas View Post
+1 totally true... competing a alpha city. altough izmir lack of int. connections than dubai another reason. it was obvious from the start dubai is the clear favorite. but will it be a victor against İstanbul or Moscow?? questionable.

about Olympics, Istanbul can push harder tokyo and may be win if our stupid government doesnt involve in syria problem or other stupid int. acts.
what is done is done. cong. dubai. im sure it will be an exciting expo but whats in peoples mind about u and gulf countries will never change
money can buy everything

+ u will never host olympics till someone like platini will become head of IOC

and i still insist on... the health theme is the best ever in expo history..... think about cell plantation and cancer aids recovery technology in expo... it will be a turn point in world history not an eiffel or crystal palace but the most important gift to humanity
I agree. Turkey is a world class country and Dubai is the city of the 21 century. People have to understand that oil wealth is not concentrated in Dubai. We do not have that much oil at all. It's Abu Dhabi (capital of UAE) who holds the 5th largest oil reserve in the world. They do not give Dubai any oil for free. Trust me on this. Dubai used its wealth to build a world class city while other gulf countries who are much richer than the whole UAE don't even have proper roads. That's the difference between Dubai and other gulf countries. We are blessed with our leaders. They share the wealth and spend money wisely.
what? no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #819
Nikonov_Ivan

Quote:
Yeah, but what I worry about is that it seems like an economic band-aid, similar to the Athens Olympics. They invest all that money and jobs are created and it pushes the economy, and when the Expo is over, what becomes of that? Then they'll have that huge investment suddenly no one is interested in anymore.
I don't think so. Dubai is already the most visited city in the world, I there will be a huge demand even after the EXPO.
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #820
hqho1671

Likes (Received): 2860

Haters gonna hate

I never visited Dubai & I will never visit it but Dubai deserve it haters
hqho1671 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
expo 2020, thailand