daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Citytalk and Urban Issues

Citytalk and Urban Issues » Guess the City

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2012, 03:54 AM   #81
FAAN
Aécio 45!

Likes (Received): 33710

I did not start because I do not know how do.
FAAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 18th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #82
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Likes (Received): 0

I will allow cities from Morroco, Algeria, Egypt, South Africa, and Kenya to bid.
BruinsFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:08 AM   #83
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAAN View Post
I did not start because I do not know how do.
I reached my pm limit for today, so what questions do you have and I'll gladly answer.
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:11 AM   #84
FAAN
Aécio 45!

How to start the bid book? Where to house it?
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #85
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Quote:
How to start the bid book? Where to house it?

See here:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...4&postcount=64

If you still have questions after the explanation,

Ask away!
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #86
FAAN
Aécio 45!

Thank you!
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #87
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Quote:
Thank you!
Your welcome
Old May 18th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #88
Knitemplar

Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFan View Post
Do you want to seriously propose a city
no; not really.
Knitemplar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #89
bleustx

Likes (Received): 1

Interesting game.
bleustx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #90
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleustx View Post
Interesting game.
You interested in joining.
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #91
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Nanjing, China has suspended there bid.
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:27 AM   #92
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Anyone have any updates on there bid?

Istanbul, and Nanjing has suspended the bid.
Old May 21st, 2012, 11:14 PM   #93
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 3730

So I'm gonna bid for San Francisco .

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:00 AM   #94
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Corey- View Post
So I'm gonna bid for San Francisco .
You can bid with San Fransisco!

Start working on logo, and bid book!
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:17 AM   #95
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

I found out what we are going to do with the American cities..

On June 3rd, I will post in the American board a poll with all the American cities that want to bid. I will make a template by Memorial Day (Monday May 28) that all American cities will have to follow.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #96
KevinMR223

hey sorry i've been absent was busy graduating.

I have several questions for you BruinsFan.

from my understanding of catching up through reading all the posts, we are doing a prelim for the US states on June 6 and voting for which one continues on.

1) why exactly do we have to have a prelim trial for just the US cities instead of everyone turning in a full booklet on the original date. Most of the canidates seem to be US cities anyways and this way we can have nicer longer more fully realized presentations for people to look at.

2) even if we do the june 6 prelim what the hell is required for it? a full booklet? (which seems unfair considering everyone else has two more months i believe?)
a slogan, icon, and mission statement?
More? Less? it all seems very vague.

if we are doing this June 6 competition then we need to immediately establish what the requirements and expectations are for it.

for my two cents i think we should do a checkpoint for all participants sort of as a deceleration that we will officially be bidding for the olympics. all participants would require a logo, mission statement, why your city should hold the Olympics etc etc (whatever is decided). Just so we can establish who is really going to put the time into this.
and anyone who meets this deadline then presents their final book however many weeks/months from now; regardless if they are a us country or not. i mean it is a game i think everyone would enjoy seeing as many well formed bids as possible.

with that said this is your thread so you of course have the final say, just wanted to give my two cents and thought this would give everyone a chance to really get into and make a nice bid.
KevinMR223 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:17 AM   #97
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMR223 View Post
hey sorry i've been absent was busy graduating.

I have several questions for you BruinsFan.

from my understanding of catching up through reading all the posts, we are doing a prelim for the US states on June 6 and voting for which one continues on.

1) why exactly do we have to have a prelim trial for just the US cities instead of everyone turning in a full booklet on the original date. Most of the canidates seem to be US cities anyways and this way we can have nicer longer more fully realized presentations for people to look at.

2) even if we do the june 6 prelim what the hell is required for it? a full booklet? (which seems unfair considering everyone else has two more months i believe?)
a slogan, icon, and mission statement?
More? Less? it all seems very vague.

if we are doing this June 6 competition then we need to immediately establish what the requirements and expectations are for it.

for my two cents i think we should do a checkpoint for all participants sort of as a deceleration that we will officially be bidding for the olympics. all participants would require a logo, mission statement, why your city should hold the Olympics etc etc (whatever is decided). Just so we can establish who is really going to put the time into this.
and anyone who meets this deadline then presents their final book however many weeks/months from now; regardless if they are a us country or not. i mean it is a game i think everyone would enjoy seeing as many well formed bids as possible.

with that said this is your thread so you of course have the final say, just wanted to give my two cents and thought this would give everyone a chance to really get into and make a nice bid.
I wanted to make it as realistic as possible.

You need a logo, and slogan by June 2nd. I wa thinking of having 2 or 3USA cities move on past the prelims instead of one.

For the main bid you would work on the bid book which I explained earlier in the thread.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:10 AM   #98
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Olympic Heights
Four seven hundred-fifty foot buildings planned in Boston Seaport at site of proposed Olympic Village

The Boston Olympic Committee, and RTKL Associates announced the first plans this evening of a $2.5 billion plan to turn the Boston Seaport District into an Olympic Park that would be the main area of the 2028 Summer Olympic Games. The Committee, and RTKL Associates announced the plan at the National Mayors Convention in Washington DC. RTKL Associates has been named the 3rd best developer in the world by numerous magazines and rating Companies. The site of the 4 towers would be 750 feet tall each and house the Olympic athletes that take part in the 2028 Summer Olympics if Boston gets the games. "This whole plan, which we will be rolling out in intervals in the next couple of weeks, is all dependent on the Olympics coming [to Boston]. " Mayor Menino said , who is committe chairman. The site would be on Fargo Street which would be approximately 0.3 miles away from the Boston Convention and Exhibit Center, which is slated hold "a major amount of events" according to Susan LaBlanc, who is a committee spokeswoman. The renderings of the Olympic Park are expected to be announced in the coming days, but the proposed skyscrapers are said to have a very futuristic feel and all the towers would be tied for the 2nd tallest buildings in Boston behind Hancock Place (790 feet). The Olympic Park would also have a devoted MBTA Subway Station , which LaBlanc said the MBTA would walk more about at a later time. According to rumor, the MBTA is expected to extend the Red Line into the Seaport District and service the area. Other amenities that were announced to take place at the Olympic Park is a small outdoor food court (with park, and pond included) that would house 8 food establishments, and 2 restaurants. If the Olympics come to Boston and the facility gets built, UMass Boston will convert the area into a student living area (dormitory) after the Olympics. UMass is expected to foot 50% of the bill, while the developer foots 45%, and public funds would make up 10%. City beautification activists are pleased with how things are going so far in the area. "So far, this area is definitely going to be a better functioning looking area than before." said Suzie Tree who is a activist for "Pretty Boston." The current area is a set of parking lots. RTKL Associates also pointed out that that bottom levels of the skyscrapers will hold retail levels. During the Olympics only will the building house Residential, and Retail. After the games, The bottom of the structure is expected to be retail (the bottom floor) while the next 25 stories will house Offices, another 35 stories are to be residential, and 15 stories are expected to be public space in each of the buildings. The public section would be the top 15 stories of the buildings.

[/center]

Last edited by BruinsFan; August 13th, 2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:14 AM   #99
KevinMR223

okay sounds good.

so to clarify June 2nd all you need is a logo and slogan?
KevinMR223 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:24 AM   #100
BruinsFan
Future urban planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinMR223 View Post
okay sounds good.

so to clarify June 2nd all you need is a logo and slogan?
Correct.

Bid Book is due July 31

Haven't decided what the American cities need to do for the June 6 Prelims, I will know by tomorrow though.