daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2014, 02:31 AM   #3301
mopc

Likes (Received): 12002

Line 13 - aerial shot of construction site. Line 13 will connect the network to the International Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naipesky View Post
Enquanto isso, na outra ponta.

Pena que não focalizou, mas dá para ver como os trabalhos estão acontecendo ao longo de vários km.

Acho que o último lugar a receber uma frente de trabalho será a ponte sobre o Rio Tietê.
mopc está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:40 AM   #3302
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15448

Will that be a viaduct?
Old July 31st, 2014, 02:59 AM   #3303
mopc

Yes, Line 13 will be essentially elevated.

437.001 liked this post
Old August 1st, 2014, 12:54 AM   #3304
mopc

Sao Paulo has 116km of heavy rail under construction to open until 2020
Old August 2nd, 2014, 03:51 AM   #3305
mopc

Line 18 Monorail - Contract to be signed until late august, and consruction to officially start no later than early 2015, after expropriations are carried out. Line 18 will have 13 stations (with a planned 5-station extension for later), will use 26 5-car trainsets and will transport around 315,000 pax/day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeMacedo View Post
Entrevista do Alckmin ao DGABC

(...)
A Linha 18 é PPP (Parceira Público-Privada). Obras de R$ 4,2 bilhões, sendo R$ 1,9 bilhão do governo do Estado, R$ 1,9 bilhão do setor privado e R$ 400 milhões do governo federal. O vencedor é o Consórcio ABC. Deveremos assinar o contrato até o fim de agosto. A partir da assinatura começam as desapropriações, que ficarão sob responsabilidade da iniciativa privada. São 15,7 quilômetros em 13 estações, com 26 trens. Capacidade para 314 mil passageiros ao dia. Depois de assinarmos, estamos calculando 90 dias para iniciarmos a obra, ou seja, em meados de dezembro. Tudo foi superado e a obra deve durar três anos.
(...)

---

Estranho, até onde eu sei as desapropriações estavam a cargo do GESP... Mas enfim, veremos se os prazos se concretizarão.
Old August 3rd, 2014, 08:18 PM   #3306
mopc

Line 15 Monorail - Sergio Mazzi's video compilation

Old August 4th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #3307
whatsuplucas

Likes (Received): 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by 437.001 View Post
-regarding "our" old CAF/Westinghouse class Renfe 440/CPTM 2100 EMUs, how are they doing? They´re rather old by now, and their acceleration was never very good. Do they pose problem during the rush hour because of their age and bad acceleration?
As mopc said, their acceleration is not really a problem, for all the stations on line 10 are well away from each other. However, when you ride one of those... It's weird. The doors, even being wider than usual, are not enough for rush hour (they terminate at Brás, ffs!) and the sounds of the train are just... old. When you travel on line 10, you see some train graveyards and you wonder why the train you're riding isn't over there, waiting to be scrapped.

Quote:
Which clearly won´t be enough.
Just imagine the situation: Match at Morumbi stadium plus evening peak. Chaos assured.

But I wasn´t even talking about the stations beyond Butantâ, but strictly the stations between Pinheiros and Luz that aren´t open yet, and the possible effect they could have in the desaturation (or worsening) of the problem at Paulista-Consolaçâo station.

I don´t think it´s very difficult to say: every new line opening means thousands and thousands of new passengers, delighted to find a means of escape from the infernal road traffic on the streets and avenues of such a massive city.
We´re talking about one of the biggest cities in the world, over 20 million people.

So be sure that once line 5 reaches Santa Cruz and Chácara-Klabin stations, line 5 will be seriously overcrowded too, and that that will increase ridership on lines 1, 2, 4 and 9 by some thousands too, and that it will make the situation at Paraíso, Ana Rosa, Pinheiros and Paulista-Consolaçâo stations almost unbearable in the morning rush hour. Notably on the already overcrowded line 4, which by then will have all of its Phase II stations open, excepting maybe Vila Sônia...

That´s why I believe that line 6 should have been given priority over the extension of line 5.
I don't agree. The amount of people that go through Pinheiros is humongous. Having line 5 would lessen the problem on lines 4 and 9 and it would provide a better link to the metro (lines 1 and 2) and to bus services, even with its own "public" (the people that only ride line 5 without changing) adding to the ridership numbers.

Quote:
They really must find a new company then. It is absolutely imperative that Sé station gets platform screen doors.

The unsafety there is tremendous, and that, despite all the good work that´s been done to keep it going in the morning rush hour every day. It just can´t take it anymore, it is either that, or partial closures... or even both.
I concur.

Quote:
If they´re connected by a long corridor, then they´re not two completely separate stations...
How long is the corridor?
My guesstimate would be that the corridor is about 4-500m long. You can take some 10 minutes to go through it during rush hour, that's why I usually exit on Rua da Consolação and walk my way to Avenida Paulista. It's less crowded and less hot.

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the input. Let´s hope they don´t get too overcrowded, the Congonhas one in particular.
Most people that travel through Congonhas use cabs because their companies are paying for their transportation (and because "using the metro is what poor people do"), so I don't think Congonhas would affect line 5 so much.
whatsuplucas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 02:44 PM   #3308
Sister Greed U

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsuplucas View Post
As mopc said, their acceleration is not really a problem, for all the stations on line 10 are well away from each other. However, when you ride one of those... It's weird. The doors, even being wider than usual, are not enough for rush hour (they terminate at Brás, ffs!) and the sounds of the train are just... old. When you travel on line 10, you see some train graveyards and you wonder why the train you're riding isn't over there, waiting to be scrapped.
Here in Spain they´re still common too, but they´ve been withdrawn from commuter services because of their bad acceleration and age.
Now they´re only on regional services. And some of them have been scrapped, but there´s still plenty of them running.
Totally agree that on the rush hour these are trains that are ill-adapted for the movement of a station such as Brás.

Quote:
I don't agree. The amount of people that go through Pinheiros is humongous. Having line 5 would lessen the problem on lines 4 and 9 and it would provide a better link to the metro (lines 1 and 2) and to bus services, even with its own "public" (the people that only ride line 5 without changing) adding to the ridership numbers.
I don´t think that the extension of line 5 will solve the Pinheiros problem at all.

We´re talking about a population of 20 million people, and a yet-underdeveloped metro and commuter rail network in one of the biggest cities in the world.
Overcrowding will continue, and it could even worsen.

Only in the very first few days, till the masses realise of just how practical is the new extension of line 5, will Pinheiros be relieved.
And that, to an extent, it won´t by any means be desaturated. The repressed demand will keep on being there.

First, on the part of line 4 there are three stations waiting to be opened (Fradique Coutinho which will be the first, Higienópolis-Mackenzie, which is a future interchange to line 6, and Oscar Freire), and the new stations beyond Butantâ (and I´m not even thinking about Taboâo da Serra, just about the extension to Vila Sonia).

That alone will increase the number of passengers changing at Pinheiros.

If you add to that the passengers coming from the new sections of line 5, the problem is clearly still there, only that now, you´ll have a new problem at Santo Amaro. Oh, and then there´s also the monorail line 17.

Quote:
My guesstimate would be that the corridor is about 4-500m long. You can take some 10 minutes to go through it during rush hour, that's why I usually exit on Rua da Consolação and walk my way to Avenida Paulista. It's less crowded and less hot.
Heeheee, you do the same trick than at Passeig de Gracia station in Barcelona. Only that the long corridor at Passeig de Gracia is less crowded.

Quote:
Most people that travel through Congonhas use cabs because their companies are paying for their transportation (and because "using the metro is what poor people do"), so I don't think Congonhas would affect line 5 so much.
Ok.

Anyway, the non-Congonhas part of the line 17 monorail will also be overcrowded.

But better overcrowding than no metro lines at all.

Last edited by 437.001; August 4th, 2014 at 02:51 PM.
437.001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #3309
whatsuplucas

Likes (Received): 143

Quote:
I don´t think that the extension of line 5 will solve the Pinheiros problem at all.

We´re talking about a population of 20 million people, and a yet-underdeveloped metro and commuter rail network in one of the biggest cities in the world.
Overcrowding will continue, and it could even worsen.

Only in the very first few days, till the masses realise of just how practical is the new extension of line 5, will Pinheiros be relieved.
And that, to an extent, it won´t by any means be desaturated. The repressed demand will keep on being there.

First, on the part of line 4 there are three stations waiting to be opened (Fradique Coutinho which will be the first, Higienópolis-Mackenzie, which is a future interchange to line 6, and Oscar Freire), and the new stations beyond Butantâ (and I´m not even thinking about Taboâo da Serra, just about the extension to Vila Sonia).

I didn't mean to say that Pinheiros will be completely empty! It'll just be... bearable. You just won't see this every day. It's still going to be a pain in the ass to change from line 9 to 4, but it's going to be a bit better.

About Vila Sônia: most people that will enter the system there are the same people that use line 4 via Butantã nowadays. There are a lot of buses that terminate at Butantã station and some people will just stop embarking at Butantã and embark at Vila Sônia instead.

About Fradique Coutinho, Oscar Freire and Higienópolis-Mackenzie: I think those three stations are going to be the major problems with phase two, since they're located on a "gap" between lines 9 and 2 (Fradique Coutinho and Oscar Freire) and lines 2 and 1/3 (Higienópolis-Mackenzie) which is only served by buses. Even with the new trains, I think demand is going to be really high, especially in the rush hour. Fradique Coutinho and Oscar Freire are however going to make bus traffic much better on Av. Rebouças.

--
What's the trick at Passeig de Gràcia? I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'd hate to be stuck in a crowd. hahaha Is it leaving the station on Gran Via and then walking to Passeig de Gràcia?
whatsuplucas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #3310
mopc

Quote:

If you add to that the passengers coming from the new sections of line 5, the problem is clearly still there, only that now, you´ll have a new problem at Santo Amaro. Oh, and then there´s also the monorail line 17.

Heeheee, you do the same trick than at Passeig de Gracia station in Barcelona. Only that the long corridor at Passeig de Gracia is less crowded.

Ok.

Anyway, the non-Congonhas part of the line 17 monorail will also be overcrowded.
You forget that Line 17 monorail will be yet another "exit" from line 9, thus also contributing to relieve Line 9
Old August 5th, 2014, 12:07 AM   #3311
mopc

New Sao Paulo map at Urbanrail.net

http://www.urbanrail.net/am/spau/sao-paulo.htm
Old August 5th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #3312
Sister Greed U

Quote:
I didn't mean to say that Pinheiros will be completely empty! It'll just be... bearable. You just won't see this every day. It's still going to be a pain in the ass to change from line 9 to 4, but it's going to be a bit better.
I wouldn´t be so sure about it.
Even now, there is repressed demand, since a number of people don´t take the metro/CPTM because of the "lotaçâo" (Portuguese for overcrowding, I love the word... ).

So when line 5 opens till Chácara Klabin, it´s true, a number of users will change to line 5 at Santo Amaro.

But that will bring more new passengers to line 9, since a number of them don´t use it because they don´t want to feel like canned sardines, and probably some of the ones using the extension of line 5 under construction will change to line 9 at Santo Amaro (or Morumbi when line 17 opens) for a number of reasons, like going to Pinheiros, or to Faria Lima, since that will be the shortest way.

All of this, in turn, will have to be added to the extension of line 9 till Varginha (already under works), and to the extension of line 4 beyond Butantâ and the line 17 monorail.

And then:

Quote:
About Vila Sônia: most people that will enter the system there are the same people that use line 4 via Butantã nowadays. There are a lot of buses that terminate at Butantã station and some people will just stop embarking at Butantã and embark at Vila Sônia instead.
And when line 4 gets to Taboâo da Serra?
I still believe there is repressed demand.

Which leads us to:

Quote:
About Fradique Coutinho, Oscar Freire and Higienópolis-Mackenzie: I think those three stations are going to be the major problems with phase two, since they're located on a "gap" between lines 9 and 2 (Fradique Coutinho and Oscar Freire) and lines 2 and 1/3 (Higienópolis-Mackenzie) which is only served by buses. Even with the new trains, I think demand is going to be really high, especially in the rush hour. Fradique Coutinho and Oscar Freire are however going to make bus traffic much better on Av. Rebouças.
What I meant, is that if I still don´t believe that Pinheiros is going to get any relevant relief (that, if things don´t get even worse, which I don´t rule out at all), then the section between Pinheiros and Luz is going to be unbearable.

And most of all, the Paulista/Consolaçâo, República, and Luz stations, since many passengers using line 5 will change to line 2 at Chácara Klabin anyway, to alight or interchange at... Paulista/Consolaçâo.

If the new exits and corridors at Paulista/Consolaçâo aren´t ready by the time the extension of line 5 opens (not to talk about the extension of line 4 and its new stations, and line 17, and maybe even line 6), that station will have to endure partial closures because there will be no other possible way to keep up with the exploitation.

And then... then there are República and Luz... and another interchange at Higienópolis-Mackenzie on the way, which I hope will be designed to avoid the grave design mistakes made at Paulista/Consolaçâo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopc View Post
You forget that Line 17 monorail will be yet another "exit" from line 9, thus also contributing to relieve Line 9
But definitely not line 4!

=================================================

Quote:
What's the trick at Passeig de Gràcia? I'll be there in a couple of weeks and I'd hate to be stuck in a crowd. hahaha Is it leaving the station on Gran Via and then walking to Passeig de Gràcia?
Don´t you worry, you won´t get any of the overcrowding like Sâo Paulo (not even like Paris or London).

It´s just that the interchange corridor between lines R2 and L3 on one side, and lines L2 and L4 on the other is about as long and boring and as the Paulista/Consolaçâo one. Maybe even more claustrophobic, even though it´s not even one tenth as saturated (but it´s much narrower). My advice is to alight, and walk, since Passeig de Gracia is a beautiful avenue. You can as well choose to walk the avenue next door, Rambla Catalunya, more quiet but no less beautiful.

Last edited by 437.001; August 5th, 2014 at 01:52 AM.
437.001 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #3313
mopc

Line 5 - a few recent pictures of construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMeier View Post
Mais um pouco da prospecção no Instagram nesse fds. Lembrando que as datas são da publicação no site, não necessariamente quando foram tiradas.

Estação AACD no dia 18/03. Imagino que já chegaram ao fundo:

Estação Hospital São Paulo. A foto mais recente, de 22 de maio me chamou a atenção.

27/02

27/03

22/05

437.001 liked this post
Old August 7th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #3314
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17513

xrtn2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2014, 12:38 AM   #3315
mopc

Line 5 - Hospital Sao Paulo station pic

Quote:
Concretagem do fundo da estação Hospital São Paulo, aparentemente. Imagem do Instagram postada na terça-feira, 05.

437.001 liked this post

Last edited by mopc; August 13th, 2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old August 12th, 2014, 10:48 PM   #3316
mopc

Line 5 - first pillars on Guido Caloi train depot

by RMeier

437.001 liked this post
Old August 18th, 2014, 05:26 AM   #3317
mopc

Line 5 - Santa Cruz station update

Quote:
Estação Santa Cruz neste sábado. Não imaginava que o poço fosse tão profundo...

1 -

2 -

3 -

437.001 liked this post
Old August 18th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #3318
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26177

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=542

MHI wins São Paulo Line 6 systems contract
Monday, August 18, 2014

MOVE São Paulo, the PPP concessionaire responsible for building and operating São Paulo metro Line 6, has awarded Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) contract to provide railway systems for the 13.5km driverless line.

The deal, which is MHI's first railway systems contract in South America, covers the design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of automation systems including signalling and telecommunications, power supplies, catenary, depot equipment, platform screen doors, and tunnel ventilation systems.

mopc, el palmesano, 437.001 liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 06:10 AM   #3319
mopc

Line 15 - Line 15 monorail to open "next weekend", initially only on weekends, until late October

[
Quote:
Monotrilho da Linha 15 de SP deve ser entregue neste fim de semana

Trecho entre Oratório e Vila Prudente terá operação assistida.

Cobrança de tarifa começa em outubro.
Tatiana Santiago
Do G1 São Paulo

Metrô realizou testes nesta sexta no trecho localizado na Avenida Professor Luiz Ignácio de Anhaia Melo
Teste em trecho do monotrilho na Anhaia Melo (Foto: Cristiano Novais/CPN/Estadão Conteúdo)
Após diversos atrasos, o governo de São Paulo pretende iniciar a operação assistida, aberta ao público, da Linha 15-Prata do monotrilho, neste fim de semana. O funcionamento do novo modal, que deveria ter sido entregue no ano passado, e depois foi prometido para antes da Copa do Mundo, será parcial.
saiba mais

(Foto: Cristiano Novais/CPN/Estadão Conteúdo)

Polícia investiga tentativa de explosão de coluna do monotrilho em SP
Prefeitura repassa R$ 360 milhões para monotrilho do governo estadual
Por enquanto, estão prontas apenas as estações Oratório e Vila Prudente, na Zona Leste, com menos de 3 km de extensão. Segundo o secretário de Transportes Metropolitanos, Jurandir Fernandes, o atraso nos trens feitos pela empresa Bombardier ocorreu devido ao cumprimento de critérios exigidos por padrões internacionais.
"As entidades internacionais exigem 300 horas de operação para homologar os trens. A operação, chamada operação branca, faz simulações com passageiros, mas não tem usuário comum", explicou.
A Bombardier ainda não recebeu o termo de segurança emitido após o cumprimento das 300 horas. De acordo com Jurandir, a operação não apresenta riscos, apesar de existir um desacoplamento entre a parada da plataforma e das portas, cuja distância que deveria ser de 20 centímetros, no máximo, chega a atingir 40 centímetros.
Além disso, a operação com passageiros só terá início quando as duas vias suspensas do monotrilho, localizadas a cerca de 15 metros do chão, estiverem recuperadas. "A via número 1 teve um curto circuito um mês atrás. Consertar é rápido, mas aí você tem que fazer o reset do computador", justificou. O monotrilho já opera das 9h às 14h em período de testes há um mês.
O objetivo é que até o fim do mês de setembro, o monotrilho opere somente aos finais de semana, sem cobrança de tarifa. A previsão do início da operação comercial, com pagamento de bilhete, é no mês de outubro.
O monotrilho tem capacidade para transportar cerca de mil passageiros por viagem. A linha 15-Prata terá conexão com a linha 2-Verde do Metrô. Quando toda a linha for concluída terá 18 estações e 26,6 km de extensão.
Novas estações
Já a estação Fradique Coutinho, da Linha 4- Amarela do Metrô deve será entregue no fim do próximo mês, a previsão inicial é dia 25 de setembro. Já a estação Oscar Freire deve ser entregue no fim deste ano e a estação Higienópolis até março de 2015.
Explosão
Na madrugada de 29 de junho, quatro pessoas não identificadas tentaram explodir uma das colunas da obra do monotrilho da Linha 15-Prata, segundo investigação da Polícia Civil. O incidente ocorreu em um trecho mais adiante, na Avenida Sapopemba, altura do nº 10.200.
Duas bananas de dinamite e 2 m de pavio de pólvora foram afixados com fita adesiva a um dos pilares na Av. Sapopemba.
Policiais ouvidos pelo G1 disseram que, no material apreendido, não havia um detonador. O caso foi registrado como tentativa de explosão no 69º Distrito Policial (DP), Teotônio Vilela. Depois, seguiu para investigação do 70º DP, Vila Ema, e agora está sob responsabilidade da Delegacia do Metropolitano.
Além de policiais, vigilantes da obra e testemunhas disseram à equipe de reportagem que suspeitam que a tentativa de explosão da coluna do monotrilho não foi realizada por criminosos profissionais. Para eles, quem afixou os cartuchos explosivos não tinha conhecimento do seu poder de detonação.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiomazzi View Post

Acabei de passar em Oratório, e encontrei o pessoal da limpeza encerrando o expediente,
disseram que continuam com ordem se serviço prevendo a inauguração para o sábado 23.
Podem não terem recebido ainda uma segunda ordem.

P1090151 by sergiomazzi

P1090137 by sergiomazzi
P1090136 by sergiomazzi
P1090131 by sergiomazzi
P1090132 by sergiomazzi
P1090152 by sergiomazzi
P1090153 by sergiomazzi
Panorama x1 by sergiomazzi
Old August 21st, 2014, 03:20 PM   #3320
William1605
Cursed