daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2005, 12:45 PM   #21
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

of course we DO want more pics!!!
can't wait

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany

Highcliff liked this post
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #22
mopc

Likes (Received): 12002

I´m itching to take new pics, especially of the northern and western lines!
mopc está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2006, 05:29 AM   #23
bs.eduardo
Picture's Lover

Likes (Received): 2331

Tietê Bus Station - São Paulo - Brazil

I don't have information about this station in English. Later I put here more information about Tietê Bus Station... Thanks!

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 -

12 -

13 -

14 -

15 -

16 -

17 -

18 -

19 -

20 -

21 -

22 -

23 -

24 -

25 -

26 -

27 -

28 - Restaurant.

29 - Bank agency.

30 -

31 -

32 -

33 -

34 -

35 -

36 -

37 -

38 -

39 - Área para espera, no piso superior.

40 -

41 -

42 -

43 -

Regards,
Eduardo

Ganhos de até 35 mil dólares mensais através de fraudes? Clique AQUI e saiba como!!!
bs.eduardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #24
dchengg
davidchengg

Likes (Received): 2

it resembles an airport =P
dchengg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #25
Songoten2554

Likes (Received): 87

it reminds me of the bus Terminals in Colombia that i been through and have traveled but looks cool nevertheless
Songoten2554 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #26
bs.eduardo
Picture's Lover

Thanks for comment Songoten2554! The Tietê terminal passed recently for reforms, and now has new stores, new illumination, and is safer. And it's totally integrated with the subway system!

Ganhos de até 35 mil dólares mensais através de fraudes? Clique AQUI e saiba como!!!
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #27
Nikom
Avoid the Noid

Likes (Received): 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchengg View Post
it resembles an airport =P
It looks an Airport,but great Bus Station
Nikom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:23 PM   #28
bs.eduardo
Picture's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikom View Post
It looks an Airport,but great Bus Station
Thanks dchengg and Nikom. Tietê is really better than many airports in Brazil...

Old December 26th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #29
Songoten2554

thats cool intergrated with the Subway system thats good because in New York City where i used to live the massive Subway station of port antority and 42 street and 8th ave its connected to the Port anthority Bus Terminal so thats cool go Mass Transit
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #30
Songoten2554

how do i put pics like that in this site?
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:42 PM   #31
bs.eduardo
Picture's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songoten2554 View Post
how do i put pics like that in this site?

You can host your pictures in www.photobucket.com, get the links that site gives to you and open a new thread here... So, you paste the links in your thread. If you have doubts, send me a MP I hope you understand me, my english is perfect!

Old December 26th, 2006, 11:13 PM   #32
chico_pastor
A vida em movimento!MP :)

Likes (Received): 0

Wow...it looks like an airport...
Very well organized!
Congratulations =)
Old December 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #33
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

Looks cool.
We don't have such big bus stations in Switzerland
Buses are only used for short distances.

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #34
Küsel
Resurrected

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
Looks cool.
We don't have such big bus stations in Switzerland
Buses are only used for short distances.
Tiete is like Zürich Hauptbahnhof, I can tell you There are ten- if not hundredthousands passing through every day. It actually IS a train station for Brazil doesn't have passenger trains anymore (some touristic lines as Sao Paulo-Rio, Curitiba-Paranagua, or Sao Jose das Reis-Tiradentes stil exist though or city trains like our S-Bahn), travellers for near and far board on a local "Rodoviario" (from Rodovia - Motorway). THESE are the trainstations in Brazil and similar big.

There are several postive aspects (though I as a Swiss are more a train fanatic and I wish Brazil will rediscover trains again - but there is good hope at the moment):
- The prices are quite cheap
- There are several companies for several lines travelling from the same station. That means you don't necessarily have to go from Santos to Sao Paulo and then then to Belo Horizonte to travel to Ouro Preto - there will be probaly a line that wil make that directly.
- The comfort in most busses (at least in the south and southwest) is supperior to our "Postautos" or city busses. It's like travelling in an airplane with movies and movable chairs.
- Some trips take several days with the same bus - if you are afraid to fly or want to see more of the landscape and have time: it's a good option
- They stop every few hours on motorway restaurants where you normally eat very good for a cheap price
- You can even travel abroad. I think Sao Paulo-Santiago is some 72 hours (though too much for me ) but much cheaper than by plane - for airplane tickets for abroad are priced in $ - which make them unaffordable for a lot of Brazilians.

I was convinced by the system at least
Old December 28th, 2006, 10:38 PM   #35
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

I can clearly see the advantages.
I used a similiar bus in Canada to travel between Montreal and Toronto and I really liked it, the comfort is indeed not comparable to our "Postautos"
What surprises me though, is that it's cheaper than a flight for such long distances (Sao Paulo-Santiago).

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #36
Dominican2dacore
dominicano yo soy

Location: Elizabeth, North Jersey, New York Metropolitan Area
Likes (Received): 1

For some reason bus systems in Latin America are really first world quality. Majority of the main bus terminals resemble airports. Anyway those are some nice pictures.
Old December 29th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #37
Küsel
Resurrected

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
What surprises me though, is that it's cheaper than a flight for such long distances (Sao Paulo-Santiago).
It's because all the international flights are prized in US$ and the Brazilian Real is based on the $ (has even the same symbol). Inflation could be stopped but the currency is still not the strongest and very dependent on the movements of the US$. Domestic flights are quite cheap but the same distance across the border can cost a lot more.
Old January 18th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #38
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18218

Brazil Subway Probe Focuses on Builders

Brazil Subway Probe Focuses on Builders
By STAN LEHMAN
17 January 2007

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) - Prosecutors said Wednesday they suspect mistakes by private builders, rather than heavy rains, caused the collapse of a subway station construction site that buried at least seven people.

Authorities also warned they may halt work on the station, part of a $1.4 billion subway line being built in South America's largest city, as they investigate what caused last Friday's collapse that killed three people and left four others missing and presumed dead.

"A serious mistake was made, and what we have to do now is determine if it was in the planning or in its execution," Sao Paulo state Attorney General Rodrigo Pinho said.

Part of a 130-foot-wide circular hole lined with concrete gave way without warning, swallowing pedestrians, a minibus driving by the site, and dump trucks being used in the project. Several nearby homes were damaged and must now be torn down.

Pinho said the consortium's suggestion that rain was a leading cause was "ridiculous." Sao Paulo typically experiences heavy rain from November through April and all construction companies factor that into their building plans.

The Via Amarela Consortium building the subway line declined to comment on Pinho's statements, saying "our main concern now is to attend to the families of the victims and to those who have lost their homes." The company previously issued a statement denying negligence.

Earlier Wednesday, rescue crews recovered the body of truck driver Franciso Sabino Torres, bringing to three the number of dead retrieved from the crater-like hole left after the collapse.

Authorities were still trying to recover the bodies of four more people thought buried under tons of rubble and debris, three of them believed to be in the entombed minibus.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #39
gutooo
neonico

Likes (Received): 1497

New and Modern Subway Station in São Paulo - Brazil

Metro has inaugurated on June 30, 2007 the Alto do Ipiranga Station of Line 2- Green. The station is located in the corner of Avenida Doutor Gentil de Moura with Rua Visconde de Pirajá, in the Ipiranga neighborhood.

The expansion works of Line 2 - Green between Ana Rosa and Alto do Ipiranga stations, a section of 3.4 kilometers, started on March 31, 2004 in the corner of Rua Vergueiro and Carlos Petit, in the Vila Mariana neighborhood. Two years later, the Imigrantes (04/15/2006) and Chácara Klabin (05/09/2006) stations have been delivered. The Alto do Ipiranga station was built in the record time of 22 months (the works were started in August 2005). In this section, the State Government invested R$ 954 million.

The next stage of the expansion of Line 2 - Green, with 4.3 kilometers of underground/elevated ways and three stations (Sacomã, Tamanduateí and Vila Prudente), foreseen to be concluded in 2010, is already in progress and the State Government will invest R$ 1.9 billion, including the purchase of 16 new trains.

The Alto do Ipiranga Station is the first one built with a new architectural conception. This model allowed Metro to save resources in the explorations of areas of its building, besides keeping the functionality. The forecast is that it will have 40 thousand entries per day, it has two accesses that allow to reach the station body and the embarkment platforms, which are 25 meters under the street level.

The stations counts on shielded ticket offices, tactile floor, two special elevators, seven staircases and ten escalators, five upwards and five downwards, which can be inverted according to the operating requirements. These escalators are "smart" and operate with reduced speed when there are no users in it, in order to save energy.

The main body of the station is covered by a glass dome with diameter of 18 meters and height of 9 meters. The installation of this special glass cover allows natural lighting and ventilation, making possible savings of 50% in the costs of implementation and maintenance of the ventilation system, besides being an expressive architectural element. The last floor level before the platforms is a mezzanine for distribution in metallic frame with steel deck slab, made of a metallic plate incorporated to the concrete structure. In the Alto do Ipiranga station, this structure is supported by 44 trussed beams in the upper part of the station body. The steel deck allows the access to the embarkment platforms.

All of this frame is treated with a special painting that protects it from the fire action for an approximate time of 90 minutes. The paint used in the painting is intumescent and, under the fire action, is transformed into a dense foam that due to an increase of thickness, protects the structure and provide safety to the users. In its inside portion, Alto do Ipiranga station follows the color patterns of the Brazilian flag (green, yellow, blue and white) in honor to the Ipiranga neighborhood, the cradle of our independence.

Alto do Ipiranga Station, claimed for more than 20 years by the centennial neighborhood of Ipiranga, will also serve an important student center, such as São Marcos University, Nossa Senhora Assunção Pontificial College of Theology, São Camilo University Center, Assunção-UNIFAI University Center and the Language Studies Center of E.E. Alexandre de Gusmão. The neighborhood also has a traditional cultural pole, which includes Monument and the Museum of Ipiranga, with the attached French Garden.

Line 2 - Green of Metro transports daily 340 thousand passengers between Imigrantes and Vila Madalena stations. With the operation of the Alto do Ipiranga Station, the daily demand will achieve 380 thousand passengers.

The forecast is that in 2010, with the full operation of Line 2 - Green between Vila Madalena and Vila Prudente, connected in the Tamanduateí Station with Line "D" of Companhia Paulista de Trens Metropolitanos - CPTM and in the Sacomã Station with Expresso Tiradentes, the daily demand of the line reaches 800 thousand people.

Alto do Ipiranga Station:

It is the deepest station of the section. The ticket office hall, the fareboxes and the operating rooms are located at the street level, with natural lighting and ventilation. A central shaft with diameter of 32 m allows the access to both platforms.

The unleveling of 24.16 m between the hall and the platforms is covered in two stages: the first comprised of staircases that reach the transfer platform and the second that foresees sets of staircases, escalators and elevators.

The station architecture is modern and very functional, with emphasis to the ceiling glass vault for entry of sunlight, in addition to the special access to physically disabled people.

The station can be accessed by Avenida Dr. Gentil de Moura and by Rua Visconde de Pirajá.

Line 2 map:

Urban rail map (clickable):

Well, I went there on June 23rd on the experimental period and on june 30th for the oficial openning cerimony with the governor!

First, some pictures from June 23rd:

[01] Looking to the tunnel:

[02] Looking to the plataform:

[03] On the plataform:

[04] Train:

[05] Train:

[06] Neons:

[07] Green line:

[08] Boarding, Vila Madalena:

[09] <-- BOARDING:

[10] Ground level:

[11] Turnstiles [?]:

[12] Tree:

[13] D. Pedro:

[14] Band:

[15] Human statue:

[16] Human statue:

[17] Station:

[18] New sidewalk:

[19] Fence from Jurassic Park:

[20] Me behind the fence:

[21] Dome:

[22] Zoom:

[23] Lateral entrance:

[24] Turnsltiles:

[25] Croud:

[26] Band:

[27] Promotion:

[28] Inside the dome:

[29] Ground level:

[30] Stairs:

[31] Lots of them:

[32] Going down:

[33] Looking up:

[34] Again:

[35] Going down:

[36] UFO:

[37] Looking up:

[38] Looking down:

[39] Middle of the way:

[40] Boarding:

[41] Looking down:

[42] Train arrives:

[43] Train goes:

[44] Another...:

[45] From above:

[46] Plataform:

[47] Train:

[48] Colors:

[49] Fun:

[50] Party in the train:

[51] On imigrantes station to see the clowns:

[52] Get the train back to the station:

[53] In the train:

[55] New garden:

[56] Reflex:

[57] Lots of levels:

[58] Modern:

[59] Upside down:

[60] More people:

[61] Alto do Ipiranga:

[62] Broken glass:

A video from the same day:

Soon pics from the openning cerimony!

Flickr
Twitter YouTube

gutooo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #40
gutooo
neonico

Likes (Received): 1497

Pictures from June 30th

Well, on June 30th, the station was opened!

It was an oficial cerimony with the state's governor and former governors, along with the city's mayor.

I got acces to the press reserved area, so I got some close shots

[01] Inside the reserved area:

[02] Governor and others getting out of the train:

[03] On the escalators:

[04] In front of the mural:

[05] Open:

[06] Alckmin, former governor and almost president:

[07] Serra, São Paulo's governor:

[08] Kassab, São Paulo's mayor:

[09] The governor taking pictures with his phone:

[10] Transportation secretary:

[11] Alckmin: