daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:07 AM   #21
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

I really just wanted the Twin Towers rebuilt at their original height of 1368 feet. But I have moved forward, and am ready to embrace the future, and the new WTC
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:50 AM   #22
kingsc
Registered User
 
kingsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,761
Likes (Received): 199

This page is pretty outrageous lol
__________________
My site
Entertainmentcove.weebly.com
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM   #23
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
This page is pretty outrageous lol
So I'm not the only one that thought a 840 meter tower in NYC is absolutely ridiculous and a horrible idea ?
__________________
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.- George Orwell
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:06 PM   #24
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher
 
Uaarkson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Side Flint
Posts: 2,530
Likes (Received): 1034

Tommy Boy is psychotic.
__________________
Manhattan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1MySJoFl8&hd=1 (HD)
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #25
the sock
Registered User
 
the sock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,725
Likes (Received): 80

love the renders ,they would have looked awsome at that height and a finger up to those responsable. at this height you can really appreciate the true height or burj khalifa ,
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #26
kingsc
Registered User
 
kingsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,761
Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
So I'm not the only one that thought a 840 meter tower in NYC is absolutely ridiculous and a horrible idea ?
It only looks bad because of the boxy shape. The WTC wasn't design to be that tall.
__________________
My site
Entertainmentcove.weebly.com
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #27
Chapelo
Registered User
 
Chapelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tucson
Posts: 838
Likes (Received): 686

The Twins were perfect the way they were built. Leave it alone.

Last edited by Chapelo; May 25th, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
Chapelo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #28
Kopacz
Registered User
 
Kopacz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Stalowa Wola
Posts: 1,999
Likes (Received): 1604

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
It only looks bad because of the boxy shape. The WTC wasn't design to be that tall.
Yeah and these guys are somehow convinced that they would look good at 800 meters and above ... To me rebuilding the Twin Towers is just a ridiculous idea. The buildings were destroyed, but you can't just roll in the old projects and slap them all around. The world has to honor the killed people, but not in a way that will make others recall the tragedy. To me the new WTC is a great project and it shouldn't be altered, at least not in that way.
Kopacz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #29
fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Likes (Received):

As cool as those super tall towers look, what would look amazing is a triple height ESB in addition to a triple height WTC twin tower design.

While we're at it, let's quadruple the height of those twin towers at Columbus Circle, please!
  Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #30
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
As cool as those super tall towers look, what would look amazing is a triple height ESB in addition to a triple height WTC twin tower design.

While we're at it, let's quadruple the height of those twin towers at Columbus Circle, please!
Yeah, and quintuple the height of the chrysler building...

NYC doesn't need a mega tall. I wouldn't build anything over 500m in NYC
__________________
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.- George Orwell
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 01:57 AM   #31
fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
Yeah, and quintuple the height of the chrysler building...

NYC doesn't need a mega tall. I wouldn't build anything over 500m in NYC
There is no limit to MY imagination.
There obviously is a limit to yours.

The taller, the better!
  Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:42 AM   #32
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,505

Why not just build a 10,000 meter replica of the twin towers with a 1km x 1km base?
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #33
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Why not just build a 10,000 meter replica of the twin towers with a 1km x 1km base?
I hate to say it, but I think some people on this forum would approve of that...
__________________
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.- George Orwell
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #34
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
I hate to say it, but I think some people on this forum would approve of that...
ABSOLUTELY
__________________
SUCKER FOR HEIGHTS, ROOF HEIGHTS. THATS WHAT MATTERS


http://www.twintowersalliance.com/images/Golden_Towers.png
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:15 AM   #35
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
ABSOLUTELY
Why the hell would anyone want a freaking 10,000 meter tower in NYC ?
__________________
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.- George Orwell

Last edited by iloveclassicrock7; May 26th, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #36
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 112

Not 10 000 meter but 1000 - 2000 meter absolutely, and every one has right to their opinion so calm down
__________________
SUCKER FOR HEIGHTS, ROOF HEIGHTS. THATS WHAT MATTERS


http://www.twintowersalliance.com/images/Golden_Towers.png
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #37
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Not 10 000 meter but 1000 - 2000 meter absolutely, and every one has right to their opinion so calm down
I am calm, I am just saying, you realize a building like that would cover 20% of Manhattan, right ?
__________________
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.- George Orwell
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #38
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA
 
Tommy Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 264
Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
I am calm, I am just saying, you realize a building like that would cover 20% of Manhattan, right ?
Yes I realize that and I see this like 50 - 100 years into the future, skyscrapers over 1000 meters.

But smaller Megatalls like buildings around 600 - 800 meters and above I see sooner. I hope New York will have it's first around the period between 2020-2030. I think thats realistic.

When do you see N.Y will have it's first Megatall, around the time that I think, sooner or after 2030?
__________________
SUCKER FOR HEIGHTS, ROOF HEIGHTS. THATS WHAT MATTERS


http://www.twintowersalliance.com/images/Golden_Towers.png
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 03:57 AM   #39
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
Yes I realize that and I see this like 50 - 100 years into the future, skyscrapers over 1000 meters.

But smaller Megatalls like buildings around 600 - 800 meters and above I see sooner. I hope New York will have it's first around the period between 2020-2030. I think thats realistic.

When do you see N.Y will have it's first Megatall, around the time that I think, sooner or after 2030?
I expect Chicago to have a 600m building under construction before 2030, and I expect NYC to have a 600m building around 2040. A 600m building fits much better into the Chicago skyline in its current state, and it's also easier to get one approved. There are a few spots where I could see a 600m building in NYC, but they wouldn't work currently, so they really need more buildings in the 400m-500m range first, and that should take a while. It's also hard to get a building that tall approved in NYC, so I don't see it happening for a couple decades.
__________________
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.- George Orwell
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #40
fish
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
I expect Chicago to have a 600m building under construction before 2030, and I expect NYC to have a 600m building around 2040. A 600m building fits much better into the Chicago skyline in its current state, and it's also easier to get one approved. There are a few spots where I could see a 600m building in NYC, but they wouldn't work currently, so they really need more buildings in the 400m-500m range first, and that should take a while. It's also hard to get a building that tall approved in NYC, so I don't see it happening for a couple decades.
Oh, you won't like this, but they could transform Central Park into Skyscraper Park where the only rules are that your towers must be at least half a mile high to qualify.
  Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu