daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM   #61
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

They would be iconic everywhere in the US. I hope Trump will build them one day

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM   #62
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Where they stood, they were 'New York's two guardians' since they were overlooking the entrance of the river, towering over everything else. If they were built somewhere else, I doubt it would have the same effect. The new WTC doesn't have that 'guardian' effect which the twin towers had.
ThatOneGuy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM   #63
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Where they stood, they were 'New York's two guardians' since they were overlooking the entrance of the river, towering over everything else. If they were built somewhere else, I doubt it would have the same effect. The new WTC doesn't have that 'guardian' effect which the twin towers had.
My father said that to me on WTC Plaza in spring 1991 that the Twins where the guardians of New York.

He said and I quote
"Tommy you see these skyscrapers, these brothers are New Yorks guardians".

Then he bought me an ice cream and we took the elevators up to observation deck and admiring the view.

I miss my big brothers because they where my big brothers in my eyes

I want the twins back and I think that Trump and many mighty men in the U.S. wants the "the tallest building in the world title" back were it belongs.

Trump doesn't like the new wtc complex and I agree to 1000%. It's a disgrace.
So I think these people have a few aces left up their sleeves

http://www.twintowersalliance.com/images/Golden_Towers.png
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #64
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
It is taller, but Trump's Twin Towers 2 were even taller. The old Twins were 417 m and 415 m, 1WTC is 419 m, Trumps Twin Towers 2 were both 450 m

[IMG]http://i51.************/2d1mzch.jpg[/IMG]

This is honoring the fallen heroes and the fallen brothers. Taller, bigger, mightier.

I love this, I adore this. More superior, more beautiful, more iconic, more EVERYTHING

Kanto you think as me, a Truly Twin Tower Brother

Last edited by Tommy Boy; June 3rd, 2012 at 05:33 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:14 AM   #65
ThatOneGuy

Unfortunately, I think the memorial for the TTII was ghastly, but the towers were beautiful, and suited NYC much better. The new U/C WTC pretty much started the 'reflective blue glass' trend, something NYC should never have had. The metal exterior was perfect for NYC. Again, the 'guardian' effect made the twin towers II all that better.

The entire plan would have recieved a 9/10 for me, but sadly, there is no escaping the inevitable PTSD that would have come with seeing those towers being rebuilt. All people would think about would be people falling from the windows and the fires. That would DEFINITELY not attract tenants.

Although I do LOVE Childs', Roger's, Foster's and Maki's WTC design, I think Twin Towers II would have suited the area much better. But the fact of the matter is that it's just too scary a proposal.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:07 AM   #66
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

I do not agree with that, thats its to scary proposal.

It was the right proposal to made and they should have made that from the beginning.

I remember it was much "hunky funky" business with all these proposals. They where "forced" to pick the right one. Competition and voting in my ...
They took this "skidmore, owings and merills" design because of its differences from the twins.

Thats how I remember all of this circus. They had choosed without saying anything to anybody until they released it to the media and the public. It was much fuss over to choose the "right" proposal. Silverstein is a slippery man in my eyes.

Just remeber the reaction from the average joe on the streets of New York when they saw that this was going to replace the twins.
It was angry expressions, mildly said. I still see these people getting frustrated infront of the cameras, in my mind.

Go and see this, its says it all that New Yorkers want/wanted the twins back.

http://www.twintowersalliance.com/pe...ower-tripping/

I was in New York that time they printed the article, July 2002.

“The city is so nice they named it twice” needs its Twin Towers back!

AMEN

Last edited by Tommy Boy; June 3rd, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM   #67
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I don't think Twin Towers 2 were scary. I personally would feel honored and privileged to work in a building that taunts the terrorist monsters. For me it would be a great honor to work in such a great symbol of strength. Besides, the towers would surely have all the security and strength of the real new WTC so it would be the safest complex in the world.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM   #68
Kopacz

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Unfortunately, I think the memorial for the TTII was ghastly, but the towers were beautiful, and suited NYC much better. The new U/C WTC pretty much started the 'reflective blue glass' trend, something NYC should never have had. The metal exterior was perfect for NYC. Again, the 'guardian' effect made the twin towers II all that better.

The entire plan would have recieved a 9/10 for me, but sadly, there is no escaping the inevitable PTSD that would have come with seeing those towers being rebuilt. All people would think about would be people falling from the windows and the fires. That would DEFINITELY not attract tenants.

Although I do LOVE Childs', Roger's, Foster's and Maki's WTC design, I think Twin Towers II would have suited the area much better. But the fact of the matter is that it's just too scary a proposal.
The near-exact rebuild is the thing that I just can't understand. As you said, it would most definately bring bad memories, especially for people who witnessed the destruction and deaths. It might be iconic to some, but to others it will be just sad because it will bring the memories. To me it's like with the people who collect those ultra-realistic dolls. Some of them lost their children and now want a doll that looks the same, which will make them feel together again.
We experienced a similar thing here in Warsaw - they rebuilt a lot of the demolished buildings exactly the way they were before. These actions don't say "look, people died here, families were torn apart, remember this place" but rather "oh hey, there were ruins and dead bodies and sh*t like that, but it's the way it was before, we removed the crap and it looks as if nothing happened ! "
Even when I told my grandmother about plans of rebuilding an old town hall, she said that they shouldn't do it because it was a ruin and they should move on, giving people hope for better future, not reminding of the tragic past.
Kopacz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM   #69
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Tragic events shouldn't be forgotten, they should be remembered and their victims should be honored. The new complex tries hard to make it appear as if 9/11 would have never happened. But it did happen and it should be remembered. The Twin Towers 2 would have been the best memorial to 9/11. It would be an ultimate sign of both strength and honoring the victims.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #70
Kopacz

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Tragic events shouldn't be forgotten, they should be remembered and their victims should be honored. The new complex tries hard to make it appear as if 9/11 would have never happened. But it did happen and it should be remembered. The Twin Towers 2 would have been the best memorial to 9/11. It would be an ultimate sign of both strength and honoring the victims.
Wait, what about the museums and two base fountains ? Memories should be based more on symbols and feelings rather than objects.
Kopacz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 04:47 PM   #71
ThatOneGuy

I, personally, would NOT be scared of the Twin Towers being rebuilt. I supported the rebuilding idea completely. But you must admit that to others it would creep the hell out of them.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #72
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopacz View Post
Wait, what about the museums and two base fountains ? Memories should be based more on symbols and feelings rather than objects.
I think those are massively inferior and inadequate memorials. In my opinion rebuilding the Twins would have been the perfect memorial. The victims deserve a towering and iconic memorial, not just two holes filled with water.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:19 PM   #73
ThatOneGuy

^ What I like about the waterfall memorial is that waterfalls create soothing sounds.
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:41 PM   #74
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Look at this architecture masterpieces and convert thou self to us.

This makes me cry of the loss and that this should be built to heal the wounds.

Freedom tower looks nothing compare to THE GIGANTIC BROTHERS

I will ALWAYS propagate for the Twins.

"better then ever" I couldn't agree more

http://www.twintowersalliance.com/im...den_Towers.png

Last edited by Tommy Boy; June 3rd, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #75
Canadian_National

Likes (Received): 1

As an ironic reversal of Mr. Child's plan for the the 140-floor Stock Exhange Tower at 2 Broadway - a plan 1 WTC was indubitably a descendant of - there'd be plenty of room along the East River. If you just take down a couple of blocky, unloved office buildings.

Aussieman62 liked this post

Last edited by Canadian_National; June 6th, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Canadian_National no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #76
Canadian_National

Likes (Received): 1

double post

Last edited by Canadian_National; June 6th, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
Canadian_National no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #77
Kanto
Roof height crusader

That's beautiful, they look there even better than at the WTC site Thanks for the rander
Old June 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #78
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

lol I was waiting for your comment. Now I have no doubt - you really have poor taste. They are completely out of place there, and arranged in wrong manner too. And I'm saying this as a person who thinks twins looked much better than the current plan
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Aussieman62 liked this post
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #79
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Out of place? They're beautiful over there
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #80
ThatOneGuy

@ canadian national...

Damn, that actually looks pretty decent...!