daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #281
De Klauw

Likes (Received): 2454

Great photo's I also was impressed when visiting the boat lift of Strépy-Thieu. But take in mind it's considered a waste of money since it's designed when the coal mines were still open. Now it's structurally underused. Just like that other big structure: the inclined plane of Ronquières.

And it's a shame that the NMBS is not taking the graffiti problem on trains serious. The should follow the New York approach: don't let the train depart with graffiti on it.
De Klauw no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #282
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Klauw View Post
And it's a shame that the NMBS is not taking the graffiti problem on trains serious. The should follow the New York approach: don't let the train depart with graffiti on it.
I don't think we have enought trains for that and they allready run so greatly on time...(sarcasm) I don't even want to know what happens then? One train a day? Because the rest was full of graffiti...

What they should do in the first place is secure trainyards better. In most you can just walk in or jump an easy fence.... they aren't even guarded.
Old June 5th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #283
Wapper

Likes (Received): 6621

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Klauw View Post
Great photo's I also was impressed when visiting the boat lift of Strépy-Thieu. But take in mind it's considered a waste of money since it's designed when the coal mines were still open. Now it's structurally underused. Just like that other big structure: the inclined plane of Ronquières.

I am not sure if it is still underused today. Canals are becoming more and more important today, so hopefuly they'll get the money out of the investment.
Wapper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #284
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Thanks for the info.

From what I could see the canal was heavily used. The lifts went up and down transporting cargo barges numerous times in the time I was there. Plus I saw other barges in action. You'll see in the upcoming pictures.

To get rid of the graffiti New York put in double layered fences around the rail yards and had dogs between the two layers. Also, more importantly I think, all new cars they bought were specially made to be able to take a special bath that could wipe any paint off of them.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #285
WC_EEND

Likes (Received): 18

I can just walk up a small hill, cross a few tracks and start tagging trains if I want to. That's how badly protected the railyards are (or at least the one just beyond Gent-Sint-Pieters).
WC_EEND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #286
600West218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapper View Post
I am not sure if it is still underused today. Canals are becoming more and more important today, so hopefuly they'll get the money out of the investment.
Yes, the higher energy costs are the more they'll be used.

Not everything there seems efficient, which probably explains their problems. Note in the video of Liege that was posted they are transporting bulk products arriving in a barge with a excavator. In the US that stuff would be transported by huge "lakers" that are self-loading/unloading which would be much less labor intensive. It is probably the same way in Japan, Korea and other potential competitors of these steel mills. So I imagine it is tough for them to compete. But I am still rooting for them. Hopefully, they'll hang in there.

Last edited by 600West218; June 5th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #287
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

They have bulk conveyors in Liège too...I also wondered why they where doing this by an exacavator.... Anyway everything is pretty outdated just because of the fact that in those countries you mentioned everything is cheap so people don't invest in that anymore overhere... Also very little steel in still produced compaired to half a century ago. It's pretty much a death industry branch in Europe anyway. You must have also seen a much more modern steel factory in Gent... I wonder how long they'll be able to compete against Asian countries.

example in Liège: http://goo.gl/maps/N5Be

Last edited by joshsam; June 5th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #288
600West218

The locks of Louviere continued...

Now my objective was to talk along the canal and visit the site of one of the old hydraulic locks which was a kilometer or so away.

image hosted on flickr

Untitled by 600West218, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Here comes another barge, again showing that this canal is quite busy.

image hosted on flickr

It is quite impressive how they fill these barges to the max. 80% of that thing has to be below the waterline. One leak and they’ll be under water in no time.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The majority of these barges take their cars along with them. I guess there are cranes somewhere to take the cars off. It must be an interesting life traveling around Europe on one of these barges.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Finally I have reached the lock number 4 of the old canal. Note it too has two tubs, and in this case the one on the right is in the upper position while the one on the left is in the lower position. It turns out, they actually work together with the weight of the upper one being used to push up the lower one, so the two can never be in the same position. It is always the case that one is up while the other is down. So don’t be confused by the huge locks we just saw - these smaller and older ones work in a completely different way. The big new one is powered by motors that “lift” the tub up. On these old ones it is that both tubs are supported by pistons that go into a waterfilled pipe that is connected to both. When one tub is made heavier than the other its weight pushed down on the water and that water pressure pushes the other tub up.

Before I visited this site I thought both sets of locks worked in the same way - but they don’t. They work in completely different ways even though they both raise up huge tubs of water with the boats in them.

image hosted on flickr

There is a pretty good explanation of how it works. The only thing I don’t quite get is how do they get an extra 30 cm of water in the upper tub? Is is pumped in? I

image hosted on flickr

There you have a very clear shot of the piston. Note all the esquisite steel work that supports the whole length of the tub which goes far in front and behind the piston. This thing isn’t a UNESCO World Heritage Sight for nothing.

image hosted on flickr

Look how perfect those seals are. That is full of water yet there is no leakage. The whole thing is very well maintained.

image hosted on flickr

Hey, there goes one of those tractors doing construction work and evading taxes!

image hosted on flickr

I am not sure what the role is of the narrow metal “bridge” right in front of the lock.

image hosted on flickr

I think this is all the same explanation, just in French.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

This is the operations structure and, I believe, the residence of the caretaker of the canal. I didn’t take a picture of it but on the other side there were children’s toys and swings indicating that children lived in the building.

image hosted on flickr

Cars are passing underneath the old canal here. They then go on a bridge to pass over the new canal.

image hosted on flickr

This shows the piston holding everything up. It might be hard to note but I think you can see the area under the piston is completely dry - there is simply no leaking water. I don’t see as much as a speck of rust or chipped paint. They really take great care of this.

image hosted on flickr

Here you see the lower tub and all the water in it.

image hosted on flickr

Amazing steel work here. I know these is of course not as awe inspiring as the Eiffel Tower but I think the quality of the steel work is on a par with it.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Here we go, visual evidence of tractors being used in construction, as it turns out, to evade taxes. If I had known why they were doing this, and had a cell phone that worked, I might have called the police.

image hosted on flickr

There were stairs to walk up to the upper level of the canal, which I did.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Looking along the upper part of the canal. Note the new locks in the background.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Very nice pathways along the canal. You can probably bike for quite some ways along the canals.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The two pictures above were taken from the same spot, just facing different directions.

image hosted on flickr

I walked back to the new lock along the old canal and went through a tiny town.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Very nice homes and an awesome location. I wouldn’t mind living there at all.

image hosted on flickr

Shoot, the other tub is being lifted and I’m missing it.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Note the area where the tub is lifted. Completely dry. Somehow they manage to open and close the gates to the tub without spilling any water in this bottom part. No idea how they do that.

image hosted on flickr

Note how there are little rollers (well, not little, but they look little in this picture) that the tub must rest on. I wonder what that is about?

image hosted on flickr

Looking up at it. I don’t want to be around the day that thing ever falls.

image hosted on flickr

Here I’ve walked over to the other side where I also see an empty base as the tub has been lifted up. Note the counter weights.

image hosted on flickr

In another stroke of good luck the tub started being lowered while I was there.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Here you can just begin to see the bottom of it peak out from under the structure.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Very nice, it has a barge in it!

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Almost all the way down.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Starting to lift the gates - note the water spilling down.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

I wonder if a gate has ever fallen and cut a boat in half? I guess they would then call it “the Belgian Guillatene”.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Note they have their car with them too.

It was now time to race back to the train station and get back to Charleroi in time to do a good amount of exploring there.

image hosted on flickr

Sorry for the lousy picture but that is the canal viaduct.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Back at Central Station in the Louviere.

image hosted on flickr

I was told there is a big and active steel mill in the Louviere and it is only about a 20 minute walk from the station. But I didn’t know which way it would be and I had no time. But Louviere looked very interesting in its own right. I will have to come back and explore more.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Unfortunately I had to wait a while for the shuttle train to show up.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

This was a little “station” that we stopped at. There were a bunch like this.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Coming into Charleroi again.

image hosted on flickr

A lot more cargo trains than passenger trains around here.

image hosted on flickr

I wonder if they still use rail cars like the little red one on the left? In the US they’ve pretty done away with freight cars and replaced them with flat cars that only carry shipping containers.

Back in Charleroi some the remainder of the day and some of the best exploring awaited me...
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #289
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 430

Took me some time to go through the 15 pages, but boy was it worth it! Easily one of the best threads I´ve seen. And I love when the person describes his trip and gives us his view of the places he´s in...and when those places are the same where you´ve also been to it´s even better!

Not surprised by the grey weather at Brussels...got the same Paris is beautiful, was too young when I went there and I must come back...although I did climb all the gazillion stairs up to the second level of the Eiffel Tower...and honestly if you´re in good shape and a fan of architecture nothing like admire the tower while getting up.
As someone mentioned here you should have took a sneak peak to Antwerp...and even more if you would arrive there by train...that station...

Last but not least...no idea about all of this canals and locks That modern one is a huge thing of a beauty...to the "to go list" it goes!!

Keep them coming and I know you have other thread about England...I´ll check it between my relaxation period between studying to the final exams of this semester
Thanks mate
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:37 AM   #290
600West218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre_idol View Post
Took me some time to go through the 15 pages, but boy was it worth it! Easily one of the best threads I´ve seen. And I love when the person describes his trip and gives us his view of the places he´s in...and when those places are the same where you´ve also been to it´s even better!

Not surprised by the grey weather at Brussels...got the same Paris is beautiful, was too young when I went there and I must come back...although I did climb all the gazillion stairs up to the second level of the Eiffel Tower...and honestly if you´re in good shape and a fan of architecture nothing like admire the tower while getting up.
As someone mentioned here you should have took a sneak peak to Antwerp...and even more if you would arrive there by train...that station...

Last but not least...no idea about all of this canals and locks That modern one is a huge thing of a beauty...to the "to go list" it goes!!

Keep them coming and I know you have other thread about England...I´ll check it between my relaxation period between studying to the final exams of this semester
Thanks mate
Thanks, glad you are enjoying it. BTW, I have heard many good things about Portugal from other travelers and hosts. Hopefully I'll get to do some exploring there sometime in the not too distant future.

Old June 6th, 2012, 04:42 AM   #291
600West218

Now back in Charleroi I was ready for the second part of my exploration. I first stopped back in the tourist office to tell the woman about how the locks turned out and how to get there so she could advise future travelers. It turned out she had used the time to do some research too and gave me an incredibly nice map and guide called “Itineraire de la Culture Industrielle” which had a fantastic map, suggested route and information on all the sites in Nord-Pas de Calais and Wallonie. If only I had this earlier!!!

For those interested the web-site is here:

http://www.ici-itineraire.eu/index.html

With a map and some directions in hand I headed out to find the industry, and specifically the terrils to climb up on.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The canal running right through town.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Some sort of monument. Though to what I am not sure.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

I had to go a bit to the left to get to the avenue that would take me to the canals and industrial area. There were actually some not so friendly looking people along the way so I had to be careful.

image hosted on flickr

At least there is some new construction here.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

A pretty mediocre area but at least they have palm trees.

image hosted on flickr

Sort of typical here. Neither old nor nice.

image hosted on flickr

Ok, now I am on the avenue I need to be on. The green hill on the right is a terril and is my first destination.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

A gate to nowhere now.

image hosted on flickr

The terril turned out to be pretty steep. I don’t think the place I climbed it was where I was supposed to climb it, but whatever, it was the first place I came to.

image hosted on flickr

This steel mill is active. There were people and machines working around it the whole time.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The most important thing is I didn’t even break a sweat getting up there.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Another terril

image hosted on flickr

Looking in the opposite direction at some working class housing.

The interesting thing is none of it appears to be terrace housing. That tells me this was built after the first, textile driven, part of the industrial revolution, probably in the 1920s or so.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The far left would be back towards the train station where I started.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The hard flint like ground there. It is actually surprising anything grows in it.

image hosted on flickr

Back down on street level to continue walking along the avenue. Suffice it to say, I was the only pedestrian in sight. Not sure what the drivers thought seeing some crazy person walking through here :-)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The overpass I am walking under is actually the Charleroi metro.

image hosted on flickr

Both the canals and the industry are alive and working in Charleroi and here comes the proof.

image hosted on flickr

A barge full of scrap metal here. Note the woman on the front with a radio in her hand. She is giving instructions to the person piloting the barge. Just guessing, but I imagine it is a husband and wife team. An interesting lifestyle...

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The barges are surprisingly long.

image hosted on flickr

Definitely scrap metal.

image hosted on flickr

Two things: Note, they have their car with them. And also this is clearly a barge/tug boat combo not a single long boat like the Pininches are or the other ones we saw were.

image hosted on flickr

Continueing down the avenue. Note the tram line in front.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

And there goes the tram.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Wow, so these are coke ovens!!! This appears then to be a fully integrated steel mill.

image hosted on flickr

A curious place for this sign.

image hosted on flickr

And here is where the scrap metal winds up.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

This seemed like a very new power generating plant mixed in with all the old steel mills.

image hosted on flickr

For some reason they didn’t seem that welcoming towards tourists.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The best graffiti I’ve seen so far. If you check out that web-site, Rapschrift.de you’ll note they’re professionals :-)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

These were the support beams of the metro station all of which had graffiti all the way around them.

image hosted on flickr

It’s one way to spruce a place up.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

That looks like a lot of work.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The strangest color steel mill building I’ve ever seen.

image hosted on flickr

At this point I was really tired and thirsty and probably looked like this.

image hosted on flickr

I saw some cars parked in front of the building across the street and some people outside unloading something. These were the only people I had seen around here and I decided to go check it out.

To my surprise, they were quite friendly and invited me in. Upon entering I was astounded.

image hosted on flickr

It was a grouping of giant old steel mill buildings turned into a art gallery, art workshop, club, bar, and music venue!

image hosted on flickr

In one part people were setting up for a concert.

image hosted on flickr

In another huge room they were chilling at the bar/loung - and I thankfully got some much needed drinks.

Note the orignal vents in the background which are at tables where people can sit around a fire or artisans can do work with metal.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

And if someone starts messing with you you can just grab a big wrench and smack them :-)

image hosted on flickr

Not sure why someone is trying to restart the crusades.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

All during May they were having events. I was really bummed that I could not stay around to see some of them.

Also, I was told that this was previously the site of the industrial museum of Charleroi. But that moved out to the big coal mine and then this was taken over by artists.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Really nice effect to have all the original cranes hanging overhead. I just hope someone has inspected them and they won’t fall in my beer as I am drinking.

image hosted on flickr

You can’t see it in pictures but that piping was actually a waterfall. There was lots of water pouring out from behind it.

image hosted on flickr

A nice little 40 foot tall robot that someone made.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Unfortunately although they had lots of people arriving for a pretty big party I had to go to do some more exploring.

image hosted on flickr

I then crossed back over the avenue to go to the metro station that was there.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

This is the view from the metro station.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

No subway stations in New York have a view this nice :-(

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

The main problem with this desolate little station was I was the only person in it and I didn’t see any way of buying tickets.

image hosted on flickr

I also didn’t really know which way to go but I figured this direction was as good as any.

image hosted on flickr

Eventually the little metro train showed up and I got on. Frankly I was pretty nervous because I didn’t have a ticket. I guess if I got caught I would just have to pretend to be a stupid tourist - which I was.

image hosted on flickr

We did pass some canals.

image hosted on flickr

The area where we were going kept getting more suburban and even a bit rural. Eventually I just picked a station and got off.

image hosted on flickr

As you can see, it wasn’t exactly overflowing with crowds. But at least there was a Metro worker there who was able to help me operate the machine to buy a ticket so I could be on this thing legally. I then caught the next train going back towards the city.

image hosted on flickr

This was the same station where I orignally got on.

image hosted on flickr

You actually get a pretty good view of all the piping from the Metro.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Maybe that is their convention center?

image hosted on flickr

I made my way back to the train station to head back to Brussels.

I was quite sad to be leaving Charleroi after such a brief stay, less than a day. But I had accomplished my main objectives - seeing the canal locks and checking out some of the industrial sections of Charleroi. Given that I didn’t even know if I could do that and given how difficult it is to function in that part of Belgium speaking no French I was really happy to have accomplished that. So I left very satisfied and knowing that I definitely wanted to come back to this place. There was so much left to explore - the coal mines and industrial museum, more of the canals, the residential districts and center, the small city of Louviere. For anyone interested in industrial heritage this city calls for at least 3 or 4 days.

image hosted on flickr

Rolling back out of town.

image hosted on flickr

Never did make my way to where these were. Next time.

I actually got back to the Central Station in Brussels quicker than I expected, so I decided to walk around there a bit more.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

This looks like it belongs in Charleroi more than in Brussels...

image hosted on flickr

Going from where I just was to this in little over an hour was a bit of culture shock.

But that is the amazing beauty of Europe - you can go from one amazing thing to something completely different very easily. It’s as if you don’t have to choose between beautiful architecture and grit, between centuries old and modern, or between urban and rural - you really can have it all, and often times in the same day!

image hosted on flickr

It was nice to see the Grand Place in better light than the day before. It really made it shine a lot more.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

I liked this street. Though I would really love to see what the residences are like in those buildings.

image hosted on flickr

I wandered into a mini Asian area.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Some very stately homes with nice bay windows

image hosted on flickr

Actually, now that I think of it, these buildings in Brussels seemed to be more of an off-white whereas in Paris they were biege or tan.

image hosted on flickr

I had heard the Grand Place was nicely illuminated so I went to see that with the lights on.

image hosted on flickr

It definitely did look nice, though I couldn’t stay until it was completely dark. I had to get back to my hosts place and by the time I got there it was 11 pm. It was a long exhausting day and at times frustrating. But no doubt about it, it was the highlight of my trip. Next time I go to Belgium I am checking for flights straight into Chareloi :-)
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM   #292
Tchek

Likes (Received): 136

The old-steel-mill-turned-bar was actually included in the Charleroi Safari tour so it's fortunate that you ended up stumbling upon it
Tchek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 06:38 AM   #293
600West218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchek View Post
The old-steel-mill-turned-bar was actually included in the Charleroi Safari tour so it's fortunate that you ended up stumbling upon it
Interestingly, the subject of the Safari came up at the steel mill bar and they were a bit dismissive of it, saying that you can make your own "safari", which is exactly what I did.

If I had done the Safari I probably would have seen more, but maybe in less detail.

Anyways, I'm happy with the way it went and if I can hook up with the Safari people in the future and see still more things that will be great too.
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #294
Wapper

The street you liked in one of the last pics of Brussels is the Rue Dansaert/Dansaertstraat (well it's actually the first part of it, which is called Ortsstraat). The Dansaertstreet is quite famous as a trendy and alternative shopping street. It is the home of many famous fashion designers. Until 30 years ago, it was very much in decay though.

About the tax evading: You were probably joking, but it's still funny to see your reaction. In Belgium nobody really minds tax evading too much. We even call it our national sport

The pedestrian road or bicycle road next to the canal is very typical in Belgium. I think you can find them along all canals and many rivers. On a sunny day in the weekend, it can be very crowdy on those roads and you have to watch out for crazy bikers.
Old June 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #295
Buffalo Soldier
amai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Here we go, visual evidence of tractors being used in construction, as it turns out, to evade taxes. If I had known why they were doing this, and had a cell phone that worked, I might have called the police.
They were not doing anything illegal, were they? Just using tax regulations in their advantage.

BTW: evading tax is a national sport in Belgium

edit: like Wapper said
Buffalo Soldier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #296
tigalion

Likes (Received): 1021

Nice thread with great pictures and interesting comments. I know some of the places you 've been to but I've never looked at them the same way you do.
tigalion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #297
Filandon

Likes (Received): 1249

Love those industrial areas, some reminded me to certain places in Northern Spain. Something curious is that in most European countries heavy industry is most of the time located in the northern part of the country (well, not Belgium but Germany, Spain, France, Italy, England, also in USA...) it is mainly because coal mines are usually a step away from them but no matter the reason still it is a casuality.

Very nice informative thread, I enjoyed very much the canals
Filandon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #298
Wapper

In Germany, industry is everywhere Mostly in the west and the east though.
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #299
600West218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filandon View Post
Love those industrial areas, some reminded me to certain places in Northern Spain. Something curious is that in most European countries heavy industry is most of the time located in the northern part of the country (well, not Belgium but Germany, Spain, France, Italy, England, also in USA...) it is mainly because coal mines are usually a step away from them but no matter the reason still it is a casuality.

Very nice informative thread, I enjoyed very much the canals
Thanks.

Where in northern Spain do they remind you of? I could be heading that way in the not too distant future and now you know what I like to see
Old June 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #300
600West218

On the tractors, I was more or less joking :-)

But actually, I think using tractors in contruction could be a great idea. It could be very efficient and allows machines that go unused a lot of the time to find a lot more work. Plus it probably helps the farmers alot.

Tags
paris photo