daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 892 votes, 4.98 average.
Old November 7th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #1
tournesol

Likes (Received): 40

Arrow Projects & Construction

Every body else had one, exept us...
So I thought it's about time to start a

Copenhagen contruction and development thread

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
Projects located in the Copenhagen Metroarea
EXCEPT in Ørestad (which has it's own dedicated thread:The BIG HUGE Copenhagen Ørestad Update Thread)
and EXCEPT highrise news which should go in the All new Danish highrises thread.
Project which includes highrises but isn't highrises only are of course welcome

Last edited by tournesol; November 7th, 2005 at 08:43 PM.
tournesol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #2
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 11

should we just post anything, or parhaps send it to you, so you can update the first post...? And what should we post? great buildings, or just any old construction?
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #3
tournesol

Since this would be the perfect spot for discussions about the many projects in the CPH harbour areas, I'll start of with a small bit of news from the South Harbout area:

The investor Nordea Ejendomme as bought the Lemvigh-Müllers site, and want's to build 900 flats surrounded by canals. The size of the project will be 117.000 m2.
Old November 7th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #4
tournesol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphdude
should we just post anything, or parhaps send it to you, so you can update the first post...? And what should we post? great buildings, or just any old construction?
I think anyone should feel free to post. I might make an "updated first post" like mlm's in the Danish Higrise thread, but it won't be in the near future.
I just thought we often had the problem that lot's of CPH related stuff didn't really have a place to go, so there's no other limitations as the ones mentioned in the first post...
Old November 7th, 2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 72

There are already quite a few Copenhagen projects in the Danish Highrise Thread, should we post them here aswell or just leave them?
Old November 7th, 2005, 08:33 PM   #6
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Sjælsø Gruppen jsut bought Margretheholm and plans to build up to 70.000 m2 resedential housing worth an estimated 3 billion
Old November 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #7
tournesol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLL_4ever
There are already quite a few Copenhagen projects in the Danish Highrise Thread, should we post them here aswell or just leave them?
I think the one's who are strictly highrise should stay there, like the Pakhusvej tower or Metropolis. But of course things will get partially mixed up since it's hard not to discuss for instance Havneholmen, without mentioning the (future) highrises there.

I just don't want to 'steal' posts form the Danish Highrise thread. So if you have some CPH project news that includes highrises it's not 'forbidden' here, just don't forget to post it in the Danish Highrise thread...

I didn't create this thread to make things more compicated, just to give som 'homeless projects' a long needed place to stay

Last edited by tournesol; November 7th, 2005 at 08:41 PM.
Old November 7th, 2005, 08:48 PM   #8
mlm
Member #109

Likes (Received): 107

/\ I think this thread is a nice addition, and it has really been missing. No problem with posting highrise realted issues here IMO, just be kind also to post them in the highrise thread so I can keep it updated (I'll of course follow this one too).
mlm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #9
Whose Homepage
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Opening this thread was an excellent idea, tournesol.
Whose Homepage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #10
tournesol

A couple of construction pics of the new Royal Theatre rising on the harbour front.
Seen from in front of the operahouse:

Old November 8th, 2005, 08:10 PM   #11
Rosinmanden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphdude
Sjælsø Gruppen jsut bought Margretheholm and plans to build up to 70.000 m2 resedential housing worth an estimated 3 billion
They apparently bought it from Freja-ejendomme, who had these plans for the area:

Don't know if Sjælsø gruppen has other plans.

What the area looks like now:

Last edited by Rosinmanden; November 8th, 2005 at 08:16 PM.
Rosinmanden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 09:55 PM   #12
Whose Homepage
BANNED

So after the Opera the Royal Theater also gets a new home on the waterfront?

And the Margaretheholm project ... the area as it looks currently seems a bit messy and underused & is probably a good site for a residential development. But when I see those plans/renderings/whatever I get a very creepy feeling.

I also want to take this opportunity to welcome Rosinmanden.
Whose Homepage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2005, 09:58 PM   #13
Rosinmanden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whose Homepage
So after the Opera the Royal Theater also gets a new home on the waterfront?
Yep, it even looks a little like the Opera house:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whose Homepage
I also want to take this opportunity to welcome Rosinmanden.
Thank you very much
Old November 8th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #14
cphdude
Timelord victorious

It even has the same builders... And i agree that the project for Magretheholm looks pretty bad. Lets hope they go another way. There was also an article in the paper today, with experts urging the politicians to think of new ways to build, including taller...At the moment only 25000 apartments are planed build over the next 10-12 years. Experts however say that as many as 100.000 new apartments and houses are needed over the next 20 years....
Old November 9th, 2005, 12:02 AM   #15
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Plans for a new head library in Copenhagen, has bee put on hold, after several politicians have wormed up to the suggustion of using the Scala building as a location for the libraby. The building was sugusted 2 years ago, but droped because of increased plans to turn th place into a luxury hotel. Thos plans are on hold at the moment, and the owner has priviously said that he would not open a hotel until the building in the area, including the new parking garage, had stop. That was expected to happen in 2011. Rather the wait til then, the politicians hope to convince the owner to lease the building to the city. The city will now do a study to see if the project is possibel. It will mean an increase in hights, as the hotel also would have, but it is not yet known if the place is big enough, or strong enough structually, as a library need doubble the strength of a normal building and finaly if it is possible to do for the amount of money (abut 100 million euros) that is part of the deal. The politicians also want to lease the ground, as it is not expected to be able to afford to buy it....no word from the owner yet...
Old November 9th, 2005, 06:03 AM   #16
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

Likes (Received): 6

I've been away from CPH for 4 months now and I cannot believe the pace they are building the new Royal Theatre at.

Does anybody have an update on the projects around Amerika-Plads? The Adina-Hotel and the residential projects?

Peter K
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2005, 12:24 PM   #17
tournesol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORONTOCOPENHAGEN
Does anybody have an update on the projects around Amerika-Plads? The Adina-Hotel and the residential projects?

Peter K
I haven't got any photos of it, but last time I passed by, it was allready finished on the outside, but they were still working on the interior...
Old November 9th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #18
tournesol

About the Margretheholm project, I'm quite sure this isn't the final design.
The reason I believe that is, that the big road seen in the pictures are the old project for a harbour tunnel (the one from Langelinie to Refshaleøen).
As you all know that tunnel project has been replaced by the much bigger project for a tunnel all the way through the harbour from north to south.
So if this design still has any relevance, it will at least have to be modified...
Old November 9th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #19
Rosinmanden

I kinda like the design for Margrethesholm.

I don't think tall buildings would fit in, unless they decide to turn a larger area into a residental/business zone.
Old November 11th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #20
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Hvad nu hvis Amager fik kinesisk mur af boliger?

Af Lea Korsgaar

Det vil være idiotisk at plastre Kløvermarkens fodboldbaner til med huse, mener tegnestuen PLOT. Men hvad med at bygge en kæmpemur langs kanten af det grønne område tæt på centrum. Og få 3.000 nye lejligheder fri for det københavnske »leverpostejsbyggeri«?

Her er fodboldgrønt, her er pandekagefladt, her er udsigt til byens tårne og et par firkantede fabrikker - og her til formiddag er her ingen.»Jo, en hund og dens ejer,« siger den ene chef for tegnestuen PLOT, Bjarke Ingels, og peger i retning af en schæfer, som splintrer efter en bold langs Kløvermarken på Amager.
»Og måger,« supplerer sagsarkitekt Andreas Pedersen.

Men selv om der en hverdags-dag som denne er helt tomt på fodboldbanerne rundt om os, er Kløvermarken et helle. Et nærmest helligt helle. For her drøner amagerkanere i weekenden rundt og spiller foreningsfodbold, her er lys og luft og højt til himlen; et »rekreativt område« i politikersprog - og derfor er det nærmest utænkeligt at få lov til at bygge her. Også selv om flere politikere på Københavns Rådhus ønsker at opføre nye boliger til det tørstende københavnske boligmarked.

Men hvorfor skal det ene udelukke det andet? spørger de to PLOT-arkitekter. Hvorfor ikke få både og? Med en tre kilometer lang amagerkansk udgave af Den Kinesiske Mur. Eksempelvis.

Se bare her: En hvid flamingomodel bliver smækket på bordtennisbordet hjemme i tegnestuens kantine på Vesterbrogade. Og Bjarke Ingels peger rundt langs kanten af Kløvermarkens grønne firkant i midten af modellen. Idéen er at kappe et 20 meter smalt bånd af hele vejen rundt langs kanten af arealet, der er omtrent på størrelse med tre Kongens Haver. Og voila: Et styks tre kilometer lang byggegrund haves, hvor en bugtet mur med mindst 3.000 lejligheder opføres.

»... uden at det har kostet så meget som en fodboldbane,« forklarer Bjarke Ingels.

»Kløverkarréen«, som tegnestuen har døbt den fire uger gamle idé, skal hæve og sænke sig fra tre etager og op til 12 etager, sådan at udsigten til byens tårne bevares. Der skal være plads til caféer, butikker, foreninger og børnehaver i stueetagen; store porte og buer i flere etagers højde skal udgøre indgangene til det grønne område i midten. Og i forening med den nyanlagte Amager Strandpark lige om hjørnet vil karréen være motoren, der speeder op under byudviklingen i området - drømmer de to.

En investor har vist interesse for projektet, men idéen er foreløbig så ny, at den først blev præsenteret for de valgkampsfortravlede politikere i går. Hos PLOT håber man imidlertid på, at nogen på rådhuset får øje på mulighederne i den kæmpemæssige mur. Og at nogen tør gøre op med dogmerne i hovedstadens byplanlægning. Som for eksempel at det er skidt at bygge tæt.

»Siden forrige århundredeskifte har man af hygiejneårsager og på grund af lys- og sanitetsforhold anset det at bo tæt på hinanden for et problem. Tæthed har været lig med kummerlige forhold,« siger Bjarke Ingels og fortsætter:

»Men den slags problemer er jo ikke til stede i dag. Og på PLOT har vi altid været fascineret af at vise, at man godt kan fordoble antallet af beboere inden for broerne i København. Det er jo tæthed, der giver liv.«

»Kongens Have, Fælledparken - og Central Park i New York - er omgivet af tæt by, og derfor er de også mere levende,« tilføjer Andreas Pedersen.

Et andet dogme, der skal gøres op med, hvis flamingoudgaven af Kløverkarréen skal have en chance for at blive virkelighed, er »leverpostejen«, mener Bjarke Ingels.

Dét at politikeren lægger så mange restriktioner ned over nye byggerier, at de allesammen ender med at ligne hinanden.

»Hvorfor er nye huse altid så kedelige? Det er fordi, man prøver at undgå det værst tænkelige scenario ved at diktere en masse begrænsninger - at en bygning højest må være fem-seks etager, den skal være bygget af mursten, have en særlig slags vinduer og så videre,« siger han og fortsætter.

»Men på den måde laver man nærmest et fantomdesign, som man presser ned over alle projekter. Skal man opføre et hus skal det ligne de to dødsyge huse, der ligger der i forvejen.«

Og den kæmpemæssige mur? Tja. Den ligner i hvert fald ikke omgivelserne rundt om Kløvermarken: Et værksted. En fabriksskorsten. En bistro i et blåt skur.

Tags
cph, development, kopenhagen, københavn, skyscraper

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: