daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average.
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:07 AM   #1
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 324

Arrow Transport & Infrastructure

I think we need a thread for local Copenhagen infrastructure and transport news and discussions like the one they have in the Swedish section for Stockholm so here it is.

Our Lord Mayor wants 3 new metro lines!

Within a horrisont of 50 years.

http://politiken.dk/indland/ECE12730...n-og-nordhavn/

Last edited by moveteam; December 22nd, 2011 at 02:10 PM.
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 5th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Lars_HH

Likes (Received): 38

Great news Ramblersen
Lars_HH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Alseimik

Likes (Received): 9

I lost the article, but I've read that the s-train expansion from Høje Tåstrup to roskilde is more likely now, the project would cost 500 million DKK (67 mil €) and whilst giving s-train to the people of the this line is good, the main benefit would be that the 2 regional stations between Roskilde and Høje Tåstrup would be closed, making faster regional trains, and more space for other trains. It would also affect the local development a lot.

Furthermore the long time proposed extension from Klampenborg all the way up to Helsingør has been reviewed, and it would have a good benefit. However, i think they would want to with with this one until it has been decided to make a tunnel under the strait to Helsinborg. The existing Kystbane is doing its job, however, there are lot of delays, and the line power supply's can't handle any more trains.
Alseimik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #4
Urbanus

Likes (Received): 68

Yes yes yes - that is supergreat news!!!

Here is the original article from Berlingske with a map:

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/koebenhavn...-metrolinjer-0

Only downside: 50 years. So I'll be 88 years old then... I hope they speed it up (well, they said 30-50 years - but I want it now!! )
Urbanus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #5
Urbanus

I think M4 and M6 looks extremely supergreat. It can only go toot slow to get them built!! They are very needed already, and matches my own wildest dreams for new metrolines. Only thing I don't understand is why stop M6 at Tingbjerg in North, and make it all the way to the airport in south? The airport is already well served by M2 and regional trains. I wouls rather stop M6 a little south of Sundbyvester Plads, and in stead add a few stations in the north - like Høje Gladsaxe, Gladsaxe Trafikplads, Mørkhøj, Gyngemosen, Herlev Sygehus and Hjortespring. All these places can't be covered with one line, but maybe two branches - it would serve dense surburban hot spots that is now pourly served by S-tog and other public transport. And many of them have earlier been included in the proposed plans for lines towards Brønshøj-Husum.

M7 seems like a little too much, and a waste right now - but later, it development take off in Refshaleøen, Northern Amager etc. it could be interesting.

Why is there no line M5? I now many metrosystems have missing ghost lines and skipping linenumbers, but why planning it from the start? If they not have any plans for a future M5 already, why?

Last edited by Urbanus; May 5th, 2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #6
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 303

M5 could be a line that would follow 6A´s current route via the Zoo to Rødovre Centrum, but what route it will follow in central Copenhagen i don´t know.

Københavns kommmune also had a proposal where M6 (then M4) would continue to Herlev Sygehus with a branch to Gladsaxe Trafikplads after the old TV byen.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #7
Urbanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
M5 could be a line that would follow 6A´s current route via the Zoo to Rødovre Centrum, but what route it will follow in central Copenhagen i don´t know.
I have had thoughts about such a line for a long time. There would be obvious places to cover on Vesterbrogade, at Zoo, at Damhustorvet and Rødovre centrum. It would also serve an area that are not well served by S-tog.
But I will say after theste plans, that it will be hard to see this line come to real. I would have mixed it together with one of the other lines.

Maybe it would make more sence then to extend the existing metro (line M1 and M2) from Vanløse via stations at Hyltebjerg, Damhusengen, Rødovre Centrum to Rødovre hallen.

Quote:
Københavns kommmune also had a proposal where M6 (then M4) would continue to Herlev Sygehus with a branch to Gladsaxe Trafikplads after the old TV byen.
That was those proposals I was refering to. I don't understand why these branches are gone from the plans, they would make very much sence, and I would say there are a need for them - also if a light rail a long ring 3 will be built, to connect them together. And then I would extend the Herlev Sygehus branch to Hjortespring. This large residential area have very very poor access to public transport today.
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #8
milipumba

Likes (Received): 85

Are the lines around forum and rigshospitalet not going to collide with the proposed s-train expansion.
Line 6 could follow the line over Refshaleøen instead of going through inner Copenhagen. And line 7 should then be closed.
Only problem is that Island brygge og vesterbro torv will not get a station.

And here is a map of my proposed line.
http://map.krak.dk/m/a0h0H

Last edited by milipumba; May 6th, 2011 at 01:08 AM.
milipumba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #9
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 303

Maybe a branch from Frederiksberg down south to the Zoo, so M1 will go to Vanløse and M2 to Rødovrehallen.

Something like this.

http://map.krak.dk/m/a0mWA

But but but....the new circle line will collide with the proposed S-train Tunnel through Forum, Indre Nørrebro, Rigshospital and out to Ryparken where it will split up to the Farum Line and towards Hellerup.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #10
Urbanus

Her is a new map from Berlingske showing either the 3 new metro lines, or, as an alternativ, 3 new light rail lines:

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/fremtidens...for-koebenhavn

Old May 5th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #11
moveteam

Likes (Received): 219

That's really great news. Ramblersen a horizon of 30-50 years

But the M3+M4 lines are the City Circle Line, no?

moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #12
Satchmoo

Likes (Received): 12

In my humble opinion they should start the planning of the southern part of M4 right away, in order for it to open as soon as possible after the CityRing has finished. The stretch from Østerport to Nordhavn can be initiated as soon as development starts in that part of the city.

The southern part of M4 would benefit a lot of inhabitants right away.

EDIT: I think there's an error in the graphics by the way, CityRingen will be both line M3+M4 where M4 only runs from Kbh H to Nørrebro, so shouldn't the Nordhavn/Hvidovre line be called M5? This would explain why it's missing as well.

Last edited by Satchmoo; May 5th, 2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Additional info
Satchmoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #13
Alseimik

yeah, i think we all would like that, sadly, no one would even think about getting started with more lines, before the new one has been running successfully in 3 years, and then they will say that's about time to get started, and they think it should happen right now, and then a lot of years planing...
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #14
Hafnia
restaurateur

Likes (Received): 1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alseimik View Post
yeah, i think we all would like that, sadly, no one would even think about getting started with more lines, before the new one has been running successfully in 3 years, and then they will say that's about time to get started, and they think it should happen right now, and then a lot of years planing...
This a small country, we never planned anything in larger scales, everything growing small, organic and slowly. But you're quite right, it's pretty depressing to think that you have to take the first tour in the M6 or M7 in year 2061 supported by a nurse holding your rattling teeth in a mobile oxygen tent - if you're lucky
Old May 7th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #15
milipumba

Here is DTU´s proposal for a better s-train in central Copenhagen.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...dECk1pszmLnQWQ
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #16
Babser

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by milipumba View Post
Here is DTU´s proposal for a better s-train in central Copenhagen.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...dECk1pszmLnQWQ
As much as I like the proposal for new metro lines, it will be the end of the DTU-proposal. And that would be a shame.

I think Københavns Kommune should work more for the parallel S-tunnel and then suggest new metro lines that would work in collaboration with this line. The problem is probably that a new S-tunnel would mostly help the (existing) suburbs, while the København Kommunes proposal for new metro lines would help Københavns Kommune and the new development areas.

Babser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #17
Alseimik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babser View Post
As much as I like the proposal for new metro lines, it will be the end of the DTU-proposal. And that would be a shame.

I think Københavns Kommune should work more for the parallel S-tunnel and then suggest new metro lines that would work in collaboration with this line. The problem is probably that a new S-tunnel would mostly help the (existing) suburbs, while the København Kommunes proposal for new metro lines would help Københavns Kommune and the new development areas.

I fully agree, after the ring Metro, that should be a top priority! That, and the creation of the mentioned fast track, which IMO would be very useful.
Old May 8th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #18
milipumba

Quote:

Is is how i think that the new s-train and metro can work together
http://map.krak.dk/m/a0h0H

There are no conflict and there will be a "knudepunkt" at Rigshospitalet, on the new s-train line.
And there will also be a "knudepunkt" on Nørrebro, Østerport, Lergravsparken and kastrup on existing Lines.

Last edited by milipumba; May 8th, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #19
Babser

Likes (Received): 19

@ Alseimek:
I agree about the priorities. And ideally the commitment to a parallel S-tunnel should be reflected in the design of the new stations at Vibenhus Runddel and Hovedbanegården

@ Milipumba:
Yes that would work. The best of M6 and M7 I think. But I wonder how people will transit to M2?

Talking about transit, are the designs for the new Cityring transit stations complete (Hovedbanegården, Østerport, Frederiksberg and Kongens Nytorv)? I've seen the design for Nørrebro somewhere, but I am interested in seeing the stations with underground transit.
Babser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #20
Alseimik

Quote:
@ Alseimik:
I agree about the priorities. And ideally the commitment to a parallel S-tunnel should be reflected in the design of the new stations at Vibenhus Runddel and Hovedbanegården

@ Milipumba:
Yes that would work. The best of M6 and M7 I think. But I wonder how people will transit to M2?

Talking about transit, are the designs for the new Cityring transit stations complete (Hovedbanegården, Østerport, Frederiksberg and Kongens Nytorv)? I've seen the design for Nørrebro somewhere, but I am interested in seeing the stations with underground transit.
I really should, and they should be preparing for the extensions they know will come, but as usual, no one in Denmark i willing to put 200 millions extra for that. we rather spend a billion DDK when we get to it. Its sad, really sad! Those stations would probably be designed without any thoughts of connection with the s-train network!

Tags
infrastructure

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: