search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2016, 04:25 PM   #1
Hafnia
Frederiksberg

Likes (Received): 8477

Papirøen | Christiansholm | COBE Architects | Pro

Københavns Haller
Papirøen, or the official name Christiansholm will from 2017 be developed from the masterplan recent won by the COBE Architects.
The plan has to be processed and adopted by the municipality of Copenhagen.
Client: CPH By & Havn Development and CØ P/S,
Size: 45.000 m2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

moveteam, EDK_DK, AngelOscuro liked this post
Hafnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2016, 04:30 PM   #2
Hafnia
Frederiksberg

I know - we do have the Christianshavn thread already, but this project is so unique and perfect for its own thread, therefore I decided to make it.
I really hope you guys will support and posts when some news.

The site seen from Skuespilhuset.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old March 2nd, 2016, 01:20 PM   #3
Köbtke

Likes (Received): 185

I kind of like it. But isn't the exterior very... bleak?

That said the functionality from the baths to the street food 2.0 and inner court yard seems perfect. Hopefully the external end result is a bit more cheerful than it looks in the renders
Old March 2nd, 2016, 04:56 PM   #4
BrMstrBrw

Likes (Received): 376

I'm wondering how the kommune will ensure Streetfood's survival.

I don't think the food stalls will be able to pay market prices for the square meters they use. So who will subsidize them? Is the kommune even allowed to do so?
BrMstrBrw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:39 AM   #5
Tbuusm

Likes (Received): 65

Well by restricting the usage through the Lokalplan, they can basically make it impossible to run anything else there... so that is another way of doing it..
Tbuusm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2016, 01:19 PM   #6
BrMstrBrw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbuusm View Post
Well by restricting the usage through the Lokalplan, they can basically make it impossible to run anything else there... so that is another way of doing it..
Okay, well if you say so.

Another possible problem I foresee is the very laissez faire use of the area that is currently allowed and encouraged. Like the garden chairs spreading all over the promenade, the bigass speakers playing outside, fireplaces, etc., etc.

That usage is what's making streetfood so great, it's not just the fact that you can get food from around the world.

Will the neighbors protest and restrict that? I can already imagine the soccer moms who bought expensive apartments protesting the noise and chaos caused by all the streetfood customers.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I just see so many challenges... And I really think Streetfood is something unique the city has to offer, and the runaway success it has been is something that Copenhagen needs to nurture. It has already in its short life become an important point of attraction for tourists.

moveteam, Urbanus, ramblersen liked this post
Old March 3rd, 2016, 02:16 PM   #7
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 1672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Köbtke View Post
I kind of like it. But isn't the exterior very... bleak?
Hasn't that mostly to do with the post-opcalyptic aestetics that COBE in general seems to be favouring in their renderings? Not least the Redmolen project is also presented as it would appear a few days after an atomic bomb wiped out life as we know it. While it is sort of refreshing that they aren't going for the usual eternal sunshine-and-children with kites combo and they may think it looks cool, I do think they run the risk of stirring up extra skepticism with that style.

BrMstrBrw, Hafnia, moveteam liked this post
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2016, 03:47 PM   #8
BrMstrBrw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post
Hasn't that mostly to do with the post-opcalyptic aestetics that COBE in general seems to be favouring in their renderings? Not least the Redmolen project is also presented as it would appear a few days after an atomic bomb wiped out life as we know it. While it is sort of refreshing that they aren't going for the usual eternal sunshine-and-children with kites combo and they may think it looks cool, I do think they run the risk of stirring up extra skepticism with that style.
Hehe yea, they do choose an odd setting for their renderings. These ones look like they were taken on a very cold and desolate december or january morning.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 06:02 PM   #9
Hafnia
Frederiksberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrMstrBrw View Post
Will the neighbors protest and restrict that? I can already imagine the soccer moms who bought expensive apartments protesting the noise and chaos caused by all the streetfood customers.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I just see so many challenges... And I really think Streetfood is something unique the city has to offer, and the runaway success it has been is something that Copenhagen needs to nurture. It has already in its short life become an important point of attraction for tourists.
An exclusive version of Islands Brygge maybe

The area is so dead now, so a little bit of life will not harm anyone...
On the other hand, it's potential resource strong neighbors so there might be a complain or two.

But looking at the proposed project and compare with the current situation, I guess locals will think of it as an enforcement to the area.

Old April 14th, 2016, 03:11 PM   #10
Hafnia
Frederiksberg

Nothing of really importance than a couple of photos taken yesterday.
Real uplifting to visit this location (for the first time), and right done and with a good infra-structure it will be a fantastic gain and improvement for the city.

A metro line from Christianhavn with a stop over here on Holmen and Papirøen, and with terminus at Refshaleøen that in 30 - 40 years time will be a dense highrise residential area.

COBE

AngelOscuro liked this post
Old April 14th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #11
BrMstrBrw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
A metro line from Christianhavn with a stop over here on Holmen and Papirøen, and with terminus at Refshaleøen that in 30 - 40 years time will be a dense highrise residential area.
I have dreamt of a "harbor line" that goes from Nordhavn to Refshaleøen through the Havnetunnel, with stops at Refshaleøen, Amager Bakke, Opera, Christiania, Christianshavn St., then zig zags the harbor, stopping at Den Sorte Diamant, Islands Brygge (at the bridge), Islands Brygge Pancake Houses, then back across the harbor connecting to the Sydhavn metro line.

I have a map of it, will try and find, it doesn't look too crazy

AngelOscuro liked this post
Old May 24th, 2016, 10:26 PM   #12
BrMstrBrw

Experimentarium has left Papirøen, freeing up a lot of space!

There are 6 similar sized warehouses along the promenade, Streetfood takes up 2 all the way on the left. I wonder who or what will move into the other 4 now? Streetfood could use more space certainly...

Old September 26th, 2016, 10:44 PM   #13
Hafnia
Frederiksberg

There's a thread for this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never give up View Post
Here it is. The proposal for the lokalplan for Papirøen.
It appears to be more or less the competition result.
In the meantime the city has approved money for the purchase and construction of the public indoor and harbour swimming pool in the north western corner of the site.

http://www.kk.dk/sites/default/files...20053666-1.PDF

Never give up, AngelOscuro liked this post
Old November 23rd, 2016, 01:00 PM   #14
BrMstrBrw

http://blivhoert.kk.dk/hoering/chris...muneplantill-g

The lokalplan is now in public hearing until january 2017.

Not sure how much is new. The grundejer is willing to pledge 10 mil DKK toward facilitating water passage between Trangraven and Arsenalgraven.

Hafnia, milipumba, Never give up liked this post
Old December 8th, 2016, 01:01 PM   #15
BrMstrBrw

Was anyone at the borgermøde on the Papirøen Development yesterday?

I only have a few bits of info from there.

- 1.3 million people visits Streetfood every year, and has made Papirøen one of the very top attractions Copenhagen in terms of visitors

- Nordea Fonden is gifting 2.1 mil to an architectural contest for the svømmehal

- Papirøen will continue as is all the way through 2017. Demolition and construction will commence on 1. january 2018.

- The wooden piers will extend further out than the current quay, and have a stair like design (like at Ofelia plads) extending all the way down to water height.

- A possible bridge connection between Dokøen and Papirøen is already in the lokalplan, but noone has stepped up to fund it, so no concrete plans on that one yet.

Cafo, kapo311 liked this post
Old December 10th, 2016, 11:24 AM   #16
Never give up

Likes (Received): 5478

It would be nice if they decided to make a temporary (2 years) rehousing of the street food market in a tent on this vacant site behind the Noma pakhus, while the new project is being constructed.

Old December 12th, 2016, 03:17 PM   #17
bigggwilly

Likes (Received): 4

That's a great idea. Or maybe on the lawn of the opera house. I worry about them killing all the momentum of "CPH Street Food" during the construction.
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #18
BrMstrBrw

Both those places seem like a much better idea than the rumored Bispepeengbuen. A big part of what makes Papirøen great is sitting on the sunny side of the harbor and having a view over Copenhagen.

I think even the open areas near La Banchina/Amass on Refshaleøen could carry Street Food.

Aeropolis liked this post
Old December 13th, 2016, 12:13 AM   #19
Zichau

Likes (Received): 132

And then we just need some kind of Eiffeltower-landmark on Dokøen, to complete the area.
Zichau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 12:28 AM   #20
Aeropolis

Likes (Received): 107

Out of the blue Street Food has become a major tourist attraction, which the city should make every effort to maintain.

Perhaps the area behind Amass is not a bad idea. The harbor bus has a stop there, you can easily go on bike and the view is excellent. Some visitors already find their way to the new Noma-site not far from there, taking photos even before this exiting reconstruction has begun.

BrMstrBrw liked this post
Aeropolis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: