search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 142 votes, 4.94 average.
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:28 PM   #1
moveteam

Likes (Received): 962

Arrow City Circle + Harbour Line (M3+M4) | Metro

City Circle Line
M3 + M4

Diagram of the new lines

• Two parallel tunnels of approx. 15.5 km (33 km).
  • The Circle Line(s) wil serve 18 underground stations and one elevated station.
  • Daily ridership of 260.200.
  • Construction costs are estimated at DKK 21.3 billion (just under €3 billion).
  • Interchange with the M1 and M2 lines at Kongens Nytorv and Frederiksberg.
  • Branch to Nordhavn on M4 (2 km. tunnel and 300 m. elevated).
  • Proposed: Branch to Sydhavn and Ny Ellebjerg Station on M4 with 3-6 stations (will cost €1-1.3 billion).
  • Inauguration in December 2018 (Nordhavn branch a year later).

Milestones

Urbanus, mb92 liked this post

Last edited by moveteam; December 8th, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Never give up

Likes (Received): 5618

Lets start the new thread with a aerial view of Copenhagen so everyone knows where the new Metroring goes.

[IMG]http://i34.************/2vvvuhc.jpg[/IMG]

mb92 liked this post
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM   #3
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 1698

Nice thread...I wish I could share all the noise and dirt I'm gonna get from it with you guys!

Does anyone else in here live close to a station site?
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM   #4
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

I live just next to Sortedams Søen. Don't know when they are going to start digging here.

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 10:26 PM   #5
onetwothree

Likes (Received): 18

And the drama at Assistens Kirkegård continues. According to 21Søndag the use of the cemetary is illegal and some of the politicians are now claiming they didn't know the station would be placed inside the walls when they approved the Cityring. Apparently they thought "ved Nørrebros Runddel" meant placed on the few metres of sidewalk between the gates and the road... Yeah, I don't get it either.
onetwothree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #6
Never give up

The Metro nimbys are at work again.
This illustration from Metroselskabets own home page leaves no doubt where the station is and has to be.
Does Venstres traffic spokesman really believe that the station can lie under the Runddel road area.
Maybe he has never been on the Metro and seen the size of the stations.
When you see the present Metro stations you can see that there must be some space in front of the stairs and it is therefore it has been pushed back in relation to the first sketches not 40m but by about 20m. Otherwise passengers would have poured out onto the street. Never give up Lars Barfoed.(Minister)

PS I believe the building are to be reconstructed when the station is finished

[IMG]http://i33.************/15s4hw2.jpg[/IMG]

mb92 liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM   #7
Urbanus

Likes (Received): 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never give up View Post
The Metro nimbys are at work again.
This illustration from Metroselskabets own home page leaves no doubt where the station is and has to be.
Does Venstres traffic spokesman really believe that the station can lie under the Runddel road area.
Maybe he has never been on the Metro and seen the size of the stations.
When you see the present Metro stations you can see that there must be some space in front of the stairs and it is therefore it has been pushed back in relation to the first sketches not 40m but by about 20m. Otherwise passengers would have poured out onto the street. Never give up Lars Barfoed.(Minister)

PS I believe the building are to be reconstructed when the station is finished

[IMG]http://i33.************/15s4hw2.jpg[/IMG]
Well personally I would have preferede a station directly under Nørrebros Runddel and Nørrebrogade, with entrances from all sides of this big trafical junction. It's not a written law that a station must be dugged in its full size from above, in many other cities you van very easy place stations under buildings roads and squarres, even if there are not as big as the station.

But now the station have been planned that way, and it have been that almost all the way!!!!

I'm am sick and tirred of those NIMBYs who try to find something wrong with anything, and try to find any reason to stop or postpone this great project, that should have been built many years ago!
There is many things I would have changed if I could about the Cityring, but we can have everything the way we want it. The most important think is that it gets built, and it can only go way too slow. We have talked and talked about this projects for more than ten year. Every aspect - the route, the stations, the design etc. have been discussed and discussed. Now we need to see some construction. I'm sick and tirred of people who claims that everything is undemocratic just because there have been made a decission they don't agree in. I don't agree in all decissions either, but now there have been made a decission, and lets stick with it and get some action.

It really can't be a surprise to anyone that the station is placed where it is. I've knowned it for more than a year, simply by searching for all information I can get on the internet. That some politicians have been sleeping, is their problem. I wouldn't brag so much with my ignorance if I was them...!!
Urbanus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM   #8
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 72

I don't understand the problem at all... i mean, it's a tiny part of assistens kirkegaard that has been "transformed/moved"...

And the few graves that were in that area have been moved (or atleast offered to be moved) by the metro company to another location in the same grave yard... so, same grave/yard, same "persons" in it, same tomb stone... so whats the friggen problem?

mb92 liked this post
Hviid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:32 PM   #9
moveteam

Likes (Received): 962

NIMBY's and childish behaviour seem to be the problem.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:40 PM   #10
LoveCPH
Bonsoir l'Europe!

Likes (Received): 8

Well, the location is very controversial, metrostations in cemetaries are very rare!
Also the layout for the stations, don't cheer up designepeople.
Just a hole n the ground with some escalators, naughty!
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM   #11
Urbanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveCPH View Post
Well, the location is very controversial, metrostations in cemetaries are very rare!
Also the layout for the stations, don't cheer up designepeople.
Just a hole n the ground with some escalators, naughty!
Well, I agree. As I wrote, I don't like the idea either. Not so much because it's a cemetary (even though it have a bad sound, even in my non-nimby ears), but still the station design and layout, and the placement away from the street and trafical junction - I don't like that about the current metro eirther, and other planned station as well. Some are okay, but some are awfully misplaced.

However all that is old news. Maybe it's just the last year or two that it have been clear how long inside the cemetary the station will be, but it have been clear all along (for maybe 7-8 years) that it would be placed at the cemetary, away from Nørrebros Runddel, and with that design. Nothing new! You can like it or not, but a decission have been made, so now we need to stick with it. We can't keep on discussing this metro forever, just because we can't agree on everything. We can't wait another 10 years for this metro to come. The city needs this metro badly!
Old November 3rd, 2009, 03:57 PM   #12
Never give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveteam View Post
This thread should be updated with news on the big Cityring project (City Circle Line to be perfect)
The CR wil serve 17 underground stations and is expected to rise the yearly ridership by 100-110 mio.

Construction costs are estimated at 15bn kr. (probably 20bn+), which equals to €2bn, when it's done in 2018.

Design of the stations is also expected to follow the same pattern as now (daylight in underground) but with much more variety than the current stations, which can be hard to distinguish from each other.

This is the best graphical sketch of the Metro I have seen. It reflects the geography of the line.
Is it official or did you design it Moveteam?

mb92 liked this post
Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:33 PM   #13
Urbanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never give up View Post
This is the best graphical sketch of the Metro I have seen. It reflects the geography of the line.
Is it official or did you design it Moveteam?
It's the same map there is on Wikipedia:
http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:K%C...Cityringen.svg

http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_(K%C3%B8benhavn)

I also find it quite good - better than the official maps
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #14
nicolajb

Likes (Received): 6

what's the difference between M3 and M4? direction?
nicolajb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #15
Urbanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolajb View Post
what's the difference between M3 and M4? direction?
M3 goes all the around the ring, M4 only runs between Nørrebro and Central Station. There is expected more trafic on the eastern part of the circle, therfor M4 creates a higher frequency in this part.
In the future M4 can be extended beyond the circle - towards Nordvest, Brønshøj and Gladsaxe in the one end, and towards Sydhavnen (Teglholmen, Sluseholm) and Ny Ellebjerg in the other end. But since Københavns Kommune cut the division chamber out of the project the extension towards Nordvest, Brønshøj and Gladsaxe will be difficult to built, and doesn't seem very likely, even though it is extremely necessary, the extension toward Sydhavnen will be easy to build, as the metro goes that way anyway to the maintaince center, but there is not as many potential passengers in that area.
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #16
nicolajb

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanus View Post
M3 goes all the around the ring, M4 only runs between Nørrebro and Central Station. There is expected more trafic on the eastern part of the circle, therfor M4 creates a higher frequency in this part.
In the future M4 can be extended beyond the circle - towards Nordvest, Brønshøj and Gladsaxe in the one end, and towards Sydhavnen (Teglholmen, Sluseholm) and Ny Ellebjerg in the other end. But since Københavns Kommune cut the division chamber out of the project the extension towards Nordvest, Brønshøj and Gladsaxe will be difficult to built, and doesn't seem very likely, even though it is extremely necessary, the extension toward Sydhavnen will be easy to build, as the metro goes that way anyway to the maintaince center, but there is not as many potential passengers in that area.
thx.... so both M3 and M4 goes both ways around the ring or?
nicolajb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #17
Urbanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolajb View Post
thx.... so both M3 and M4 goes both ways around the ring or?
Yes
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM   #18
luxembourg

Likes (Received): 0

is there any photos or visions how the metro will look like ??!
luxembourg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #19
Hviid
Positivist

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxembourg View Post
is there any photos or visions how the metro will look like ??!
you referring to the trains themselves or the stations?

if the trains, then they'll most likely continue with the same design as the current M1 and M2s:

mb92 liked this post
Hviid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #20
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

And as far as I know the stations are also gonna have the same design sheme as the current ones.

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: