daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old June 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Hafnia
Frederiksberger

Likes (Received): 4562

PROJECT | Faste Batteri (Entasis, Polyform, Arkitema & Tredje Natur) l 99m | 31 fl | 86m | 24 fl | Pro

The Battery

Bach Gruppen planning to build residentals, offices, hotel, culture and other activities at the Faste Batteri site at Njalsgade, Amager. The project contains 124,000 M2, and will be constructed as 9 "city-mountains" from 36 meters to 89 meters - which corresponds from 11 to 27 storeys. Between the mountains there will be foot and bike paths. 100,000 M2 will be residentals approx. 1000 appartments, 1500 M2 will become the very discussed Mosque, and the whole project include 3 stages starting at Amager Fælledvej.

Location Njalsgade, Artillerivej and Amager Fælledvej
Constructionstart October 2011 (according to CRM Byggefakta)
Price 1,5 billion Dkr.
Owner Batteriet K/S and Bach Gruppen
Architect Bjarke Ingels Group A/S
Engineering Moe & Brødsgaard and Gronmij A/S
Land-scabe Architect PK3
Faste Batteri

With help from Moveteam and B.I.G. ;-), renderings of this fantastic project, and pictures from Hafnia.

The area is more or less empty and as you can see there's good way to go before reaching goal. Except of some old ruins, and a day care as I saw today was moving out (it's not the one on the picture), the location is ready for some serious construction, and hopefully there is a fair chance for a realization.

The first finished stage of KUA, and the orange Bikuben student residence building in background.

The ongoing renovation and extension, the second stage of KUA

Another giant project in the background, the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, waiting for its transformation.

Last edited by moveteam; December 22nd, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
Hafnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Markowitch

Likes (Received): 388

WOW, just wow! This project is breathtaking. Creating mountains in Copenhagen, that is otherwise flat as a pancake, have the potential to become a great addition to the CPH skyline!

That being said, how would it be to actually live there? Will the appartments be as "awkward" as 8-tallet? Funky appartments where the layouts are constrained so that the overall form is the shape of a mountain, rather than creating a functional home?

The night renders looks absolutely beautiful, with all the light streaming out of the huge panorama windows, that apparently goes from floor to ceiling. But how about privacy? Will people feel like they are put on display, with nowhere to hide, than behind thick curtains - which defeats the purpose of the big windows?

It will be interesting to see more details and floorplans!
Markowitch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Alseimik

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowitch View Post
WOW, just wow! This project is breathtaking. Creating mountains in Copenhagen, that is otherwise flat as a pancake, have the potential to become a great addition to the CPH skyline!

That being said, how would it be to actually live there? Will the appartments be as "awkward" as 8-tallet? Funky appartments where the layouts are constrained so that the overall form is the shape of a mountain, rather than creating a functional home?

The night renders looks absolutely beautiful, with all the light streaming out of the huge panorama windows, that apparently goes from floor to ceiling. But how about privacy? Will people feel like they are put on display, with nowhere to hide, than behind thick curtains - which defeats the purpose of the big windows?

It will be interesting to see more details and floorplans!
Agreed! It actually looks very unfamiliar with Danish construction culture. That big project, i really like it!
Alseimik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:25 PM   #4
moveteam

Likes (Received): 589

Great initiative Hafnia! Kind of weird this project didn't get its own thread years back..

The project itself is very ambitious (and gorgeous), if Radisson Blu Scandinavia ever gets its facelift, the Barcode in Oslo should be a little afraid.

And beautiful renderings from BIG - they have really improved over the years.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:32 AM   #5
aim1

Likes (Received): 148

Now they just have to learn how to make appartments that you can actually live in!!
I'm so tired off architects that are only thinking about the outside off the building and not the use!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
aim1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Huggkruka

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1 View Post
Now they just have to learn how to make appartments that you can actually live in!!
I'm so tired off architects that are only thinking about the outside off the building and not the use!
I'd rather have some odd angles and hard-to-use niches than the bog-standard minimum-size livingroom+minimum size bedroom+minimum size bathroom that has been built the last 50 years. Of course, it shouldn't be unlivable, but to me the 8-tallet apartments look fine if you're a little flexible/creative. ATM I live in an irregular 6-sided apartment, and it hasn't posed a problem so far. Go crazy apartments! Hopefully this might spur Malmö to finish Kronprinsessan before this gets done.
Huggkruka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:14 PM   #7
Markowitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggkruka View Post
to me the 8-tallet apartments look fine if you're a little flexible/creative.
Agreed! You should indeed be flexible and creative to live in some of the 8-tallet appartments.

For instance the "townhouses" of 8-tallet are branded as an appartment for the little family, but only produces one room with a door. That does not leave much privacy to the individual members of the family. I also heard that the sliding door was installed with a huge gap to the wall, leaving no sound unheard, so mom and dad better be very quiet when they do their "thing". Also there is no storage room in the appartment to hide away all the junk. These are just some of the problems that could end up driving even a flexible and creative person utterly mad! But lets see how it works out for people, only time will tell...

I don't think I'm beeing to harsh on BIG, when stating that BIG feels the most for the shape of the building, and less for the living space itself. The human habitat is secondary if it does not have some kind of exterior dimension. But they produce some very refreshing architecture, just don't make me live in it!!

Last edited by Markowitch; June 4th, 2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old June 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM   #8
Markowitch

Here's a picture from the VM houses in Örestad, created by Bjarke Ingels and another guy (), from the PLOT days! It illustrates my reservations about the panorama windows of The Battery very well.

The picture show a facinating play with light. The whole appartment in one open plan. Nothing can be hidden in this see through appartment. Your neighbors will eventually learn what kind of underwear you prefer - if any!?! Creating a habitat like this, in a densly populated area is just pure evil. But all types of people flock to the cities these days. Maybe this kind of appartment hits a sweet spot with the exhibishonists?

The above picture is from an advert. The appartment is currently on the market for a cheap price. But be aware the co-op is not doing so welll. Tough times...

http://www.lokalbolig.dk/k%F8b/ejerbolig.htm#MV0145-21

EDIT: Notice the floor plan in the advert! No doors - it's all a single room. If you need alone-time, you can close the door to the bathroom - the last bastion of privacy!!

Last edited by Markowitch; June 4th, 2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 283

Unless you buy curtains or blinds
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:13 PM   #10
Markowitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
Unless you buy curtains or blinds
I love simple solutions - but hidding those big beautiful panorama windows behind heavy drapery during day time, kind of defeats the purpose...

And another thing - placing furniture up against those panoramas looks very "uncool" from both sides of the window. But that's just one wall less to decorate, I guess...

Last edited by Markowitch; June 4th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #11
Never give up

Likes (Received): 2732

Don´t get excited. Nothing new about this project, just an interesting article about the original Fast Batteri, and making sure the thread doesn´t slip onto page 2.

[IMG]http://i44.************/rab5fq.jpg[/IMG]
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #12
Hafnia
Frederiksberger

Today,
Sorry guys, I wanted to confirm it, but no activity none so ever at the Battery site, Njalsgade

In contrast to KUA stage ll, where the thin marble facade is being mounted, as we know it from first stage.

Last edited by Hafnia; May 19th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
Hafnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #13
staff
囧!

Location: Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö-Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 573

Love this project. A taller, bigger and better version of the Kronprinsessan project in Malmö (although I love that one too).
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #14
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by staff View Post
Love this project. A taller, bigger and better version of the Kronprinsessan project in Malmö (although I love that one too).
Be sure to pass that description on to Mohammed al-Amoudi.
Flertallet af politikerne på Christiansborg lefler for det brede flertal. De glemmer, hvad deres rolle er: At finde ud af, hvem der er klogest eller dygtigst til at løse en given udfordring. Lytte til dem, og så fortælle sandheden til danskerne: Det her er måske ikke det mest populære, men det er det rigtige.
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #15
staff
囧!

Location: Singapore | Melbourne | Malmö-Copenhagen | Shanghai
Likes (Received): 573

Hehe, at this point I am just glad the project isn't dead. And to be honest, Kronprinsessan would be an amazing project no matter where it would be built. It is just that the Battery is even more amazing-- much due to its large scale. Probably one of the better projects in Europe at the moment.
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:14 AM   #16
Zichau

Likes (Received): 8

Well, it might not end up with excatly that projekt but, this site is simply too good to be left empty for very long...
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #17
Hafnia
Frederiksberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zichau View Post
Well, it might not end up with excatly that projekt but, this site is simply too good to be left empty for very long...
Maybe to good and ambitous for a medio large developer as Viborg based Bach gruppen..
I simply don't think they're able to lift this challenge/possibillity.

I still waiting for the big one that enter the scene, and throw 2 billions bucks on the table
Old June 15th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #18
--
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I want to live there!
-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:48 AM   #19
JayniX

Likes (Received): 587

I'm not quite sure what this means, but there was a little activity at the Battery site this morning with an excavator and a bulldozer. It looked as though they where ripping up part of the parking lot at the mid-eastern end.

And on the opposite side of the road KUA stage 2 nearing completion of the exterior part

JayniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #20
JayniX

Likes (Received): 587

A couple of more pictures:

JayniX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: