search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 03:14 PM   #1
Hafnia
lucky Development

Likes (Received): 6769

Lyngby-Taarbæk | Projects & Construction

With more than 53,000 inhabitants in the municipality of Lyngby-Taarbæk, the many ongoing and up-coming projects, the planned lightrail to Ishøj, the location just 12 km north of Copenhagen, the booming city now got its own thread.

Lyngby is that kind of suburban city that on same time enlarge, extend and collect the metropolitan Copenhagen area by its good infra-structure and by its naturel urban qualities.

ltk

Lige nord for Lyngby Storcenter omfatter Danica Pensions Kanalvejsprojekt byggeri af boliger og kontorer for 1,2 mia. kr.

Danicas Kanalsvejprojekt opføres på et område, som indgik i et omfattende forsvarsværk rundt om København med bl.a. kanaler.

Kanalvejsprojektet omfatter 300-400 boliger til studerende og forskere ved det nærliggende tekniske universitet (DTU).

For få år siden var Lyngby-Taarbæk "fuldt udbygget" - nu skal bl.a. det centrale Lyngby fortættes, og Microsoft flytter 900 mand ind i et nybygget hovedsæde.

Pensionsselskaberne Danica og SEB vil opføre butikstorvet Lyngby Bymidte med boliger og kontorer lige syd for Lyngby Storcenter - pris: op imod en milliard.

DTU har byggeplaner for over fire milliarder kroner de næste år - her ses det kommende "bioscience"-hus til 1,2 mia. kr.

Kommunen forventer at vokse fra 53.500 indbyggere til cirka 60.000 og har planer om at udvide Lyngby Rådhus.

Lyngby-Taarbæk styrkes markant, når Maersk Drilling og Maersk Supply Service i begyndelsen af 2015 kan flytte ind i et splinternyt domicil på Lyngby Hovedgade. Byggeriet kommer til at rumme topmoderne kontorer og mødelokaler, og kan huse mere end 750 medarbejdere fra både Maersk Drilling og Maersk Supply Service.

The light rail project with around 6 stations located in the Lyngby-Taarbæk municipality.

Selv om Lyngby Boldklub kun ligger i næstbedste fodboldrække, så er stadion ved at blive udbygget.

source: Berlingske Business.

moveteam, Silkebaronen, milipumba liked this post

Last edited by Hafnia; August 24th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
Hafnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2013, 10:20 PM   #2
Babser

Likes (Received): 64

LYYYNMBBBBØØØ!!!!

3. UCC Campus
4. Borgmestervangen
5. Copenhagen Tower II

Hafnia liked this post
Babser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #3
Hafnia
lucky Development

I heard the 'stadion-sausages' playing better than the team

The intro post completed for now.
Old August 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Never give up

Likes (Received): 4263

...and of course the light rail project.

[IMG]http://i44.************/65zb75.jpg[/IMG]

Hafnia liked this post
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Hafnia
lucky Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never give up View Post
...and of course the light rail project.
Indeed, it's in the first post too, as well as the project by Sjælsø - the 2 Mærsk enterprises.
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #6
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 1322

There is also the COBE project on the post office site in Virum:

http://m.lyngby-taarbaek.lokalavisen...&redirect=true
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #7
ramblersen

This morning, Claus Meyer opened his 700 sqm gastronomic hub at 49 Lyngby Hovedgade with restaurant, bakery, winebar, pizzeria and cookery school.

http://www.clausmeyer.dk/da/meyers_i_lyngby.html

Hafnia liked this post
Old August 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Aøstergaard

Likes (Received): 6

The new field and stand on Lyngby Stadion.

bongo-anders liked this post
Aøstergaard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #9
ramblersen

Another Lyngby project which has been around for years but is now approaching a realization is a masterplan for the Sorgenfri Torv area. Here is a pdf with the proposal and a power point presentation from a public meeting back in August:

http://www.ltk.dk/sites/default/file...013_til_by.pdf

http://www.ltk.dk/sites/default/file..._13.8.2013.pdf
Old September 10th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #10
ramblersen

An unspecified "international Company" is apparantly interested in Building a 75,000 sqm headquarters on the Dyrehavegård estate NeXT to Helsingørmotorvejen.

That is one massive project (50 % larger than the new Novo Nordisk headquarters and almost twice as big as the Rambøl Head Office in Ørestad) - any guesses as to what Company it could be? With that size it can hardly be all offices so I suppose it must involve some kind of Space consuming activity.

However, there is strong opposition from neighbours and current users of Dyrehavegård (now an equestrian centre) so it is far from given that the project will go through. But at least it does seem to indicate that a large new HQ project could be on the way since they are hopefully open to alternative locations.

http://lyngby-taarbaek.lokalavisen.d...709109115/1021
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #11
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 2255

I wonder if we are talking about a company with a current office in Denmark or a brand new company.

And is it fair to say that we are talking about a high tech or medicon company.
bongo-anders está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #12
Hafnia
lucky Development

IKEA
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #13
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 2255

That would in that case be a very huuuuuge IKEA, I believe the one in Taastrup is around 40.000 sqm.

Joke aside, I wonder if it is cheaper to build such a head office in Lyngby compared to Ørestad.
bongo-anders está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #14
ramblersen

Probabply the last building to be completed by Pihl & Søn, DTU inaugurated their new Christensen % Co.-designed building for their department of Building design last Thursday.

http://www.dtu.dk/Nyheder

Old article about the project:

http://www.byggeplads.dk/nyhed/2012/...ningsdesignere
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #15
ramblersen

More bad news involving stupid, destructive politicians:

Quote:
Der skal fjernes en eller flere etager af det planlagte byggeri på Kanalvej. Det slår et flertal i Byplanudvalget nu fast
http://lyngby-taarbaek.lokalavisen.d...709129915/1010
Old September 13th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #16
Hafnia
lucky Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post
More bad news involving stupid, destructive politicians:

http://lyngby-taarbaek.lokalavisen.d...709129915/1010
I understand your frustration Ramblersen, but in this matter I don't buy that kind of demagogic rhetorics.
Firstly, it wasn't the politiciens that complained over the size and the bothring shades from the future building, that were the neighbors.
Secondly, it would be totally idiotic to take that type of arguing right before the election in november.
That's not stupid and destructive, that's clever and creative thinking by the politicians.
Old September 13th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #17
Silkebaronen

Likes (Received): 837

I like the height of the buildings in the illustrations, but I also understand the neighbours. Let's hope that they don't remove entire floors. but perhaps let the buildings step down towards the neighbours like in Ørestaden.

EDIT: I just read the article again, and apparently it is only the building in the midddle they are talking about, so it's not so bad

Last edited by Silkebaronen; September 13th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Silkebaronen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #18
ramblersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafnia View Post
I understand your frustration Ramblersen, but in this matter I don't buy that kind of demagogic rhetorics.
Firstly, it wasn't the politiciens that complained over the size and the bothring shades from the future building, that were the neighbors.
Secondly, it would be totally idiotic to take that type of arguing right before the election in november.
That's not stupid and destructive, that's clever and creative thinking by the politicians.
Ad : When is it ever the politicians that complain? In a way I think it would have been better if it was. That would mean that they simply didn't like the project for that location, now it shows that they either did a really poor job in the first place (never an argument for not re-doing a decision of course) or that they are simply swaying like grass in the Wind as soon as someone objects. I most definitely think that you should listen to neighbours. And I do understand their individual conserns - I often do. However I don't think that it necessarily means that you should act on them. Politics - and urban planning - is all aabout balancing different interests. Sure I understand why the neighbours - personally - would rather be without the shadows but that interest - affecting only a handful of people - has to be balanced against the general public's interests - I don't think it is necessary to list all the good things that comes with a higher density in terms of economic and environmental gain, more lively streets etc. And sorry but for such a central location, I do think those interests should be given priority. It is not like I ask anyone to live next to a polluting Chinese tannery which will jeopardize their or their families' health. I just ask them to live next to some not particularly high and pretty decently designed buildings - like so many other people do. That is in my opinion what you should be prepared for in a city. Otherwise you should move to another location, further from a railway station and the town centre. I'm all for respecting private property but you don't own the sky, the sun and your neighbour's Construction site. On a general note, I don't see when your - very generally formulated point - can't be used as an argument for listening to neighbours/nimbys? It seems also to condole stopping the metro Construction or the construction of any highrise which is not built in the middle of nowhere (where I am sure Dansk Naturfredningsforening would step in instead).

Ad 2: I suppose we have a different view on politics then. I think politics should be about making the best decisions - and doing an effort to explain to the public why a decision is the best instead of just changing it if someone happens not to like it. Sure it is subjective what the best decision is (see the above) but wheater an election is coming up simply shouldn't be taken into account when important public interests and values are at stake. And if it is, I don't call that clever and creative but irresponsible and destructive.

Sorry about using too many Words but you told us to debate.

EDIT: Oh and if it is only one of the Buildings that gets lower (especially if it could be compensated for elsewhere) it is less of a consern of course. To remove one or more floors from this not particularly high project just sounded very drastic.. And it might mean that some of the different functions disappeared which I think would be a shame.

Xed liked this post

Last edited by ramblersen; September 13th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #19
ramblersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post
The local plan for Lyngby Sports Village ("Lyngby Idrætsby") is now in hearing and will be so until 1 July:

http://soap.plansystem.dk/pdfarchive...3874773346.pdf
Vilhelm Lauritzen Arkitekter has won the competition for Lyngby SportsVillage.

Quote:
VLA VINDER NY IDRÆTSBY I LYNGBY

Vilhelm Lauritzen har vundet konkurrencen om den nye Idrætsby i Lyngby ved Lyngby Stadion. Idrætsbyen bliver et sammenhængende og attraktivt idrætsområde, der er præget af aktiviteter i så mange af døgnets timer som muligt, for mange forskellige grupper af idrætsudøvere.

De i alt 5.000 m2 for breddeidræten placeres i forbindelse med den eksisterende svømmehal og fordeler sig bl.a. på multihal, styrketræning, skydebaner, foreningslokaler, omklædnings- og publikumsfaciliteter.

Bygningerne vil fremstå enkle og afklarede i forhold til deres funktion, med multihallen som det centrale element. Arkitekturen afspejler funktionerne med klare referencer til de eksisterende bygninger i materialevalg og detaljering, ved f.eks.at udføre de udvendige overflader som gule teglstensmure afbrudt af glaspartier.

På denne måde skabes en naturlig sammenhæng mellem nyt og gammelt, uden at bryde med de mange kvaliteter, der allerede er på stedet. Samtidig udtrykker de nye bygninger sig i et nutidigt formsprog med klare referencer til sportsverdenen.

Den kommende idrætsby i Lyngby er et ud af en længere række projekter, som Vilhelm Lauritzen Arkitekter har udviklet inden for sports- og idrætsområdet de senere år. Bygningerne projekteres i samarbejde med CG Jensen og Orbicon, og projektet opstartes december 2013, med forventet ibrugtagning foråret 2015.

http://www.vla.dk/nyheder/nyhed_07112013.htm
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #20
Zichau

Likes (Received): 77

"Sorry about using too many Words but you told us to debate."

I think you're absolutly right Ramblersen!

But politicians have to get elected. That's their main focus! And if some of them agrees with the nabours complaining - the rest of them often don't dare expres their honest oppinion.

If you ask me, people like that shouldn't go for office...
Zichau no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: