daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers Discussions of projects under construction between 200-299m/650-999ft tall.
» Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #201
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
HUDSON PARK AND BOULEVARD
http://www.mvvainc.com/project.php?id=56

I wonder is this 2010 plan is still current... Looks good though

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.” Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
“Not all those who wander are lost.” J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #202
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFlint1985 View Post
I wonder is this 2010 plan is still current... Looks good though
I think so. Maybe minor changes. The architect that designed this won the competition for this project.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #203
solgoldberg

Likes (Received): 866

my High Line-One Hudson connection dream

The photo by flickr's kiminnyc shows the northern "terminus" of the High Line. The photo is looking east toward the One Hudson site. This is where the HL comes down to ground level in a lot that is now used to store truck trailers. The photo date is October 12, 2013 so it shows the current status, which should be that it's being prepped for the phase 3 park opening next year.

The overbuild subway vent dark-gray structure for One Hudson is to the right of the tree, with the 11th Ave viaduct (red painted beams, concrete wall) in front of it. The HL RR tracks are visible to ~ the tree; I can imagine how you could continue the HL park to under 11th Ave and into the 1st basement level of One Hudson. But that probably will not happen...

image hosted on flickr

Original by kiminnyc has plenty of resolution: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/10256675064/

McSky, TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by solgoldberg; October 26th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
solgoldberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #204
Vertical_Gotham

Alloy moves to trim Hudson Yards holdings -
Related said to be eyeing West 35th Street site

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2013/11/...ards-holdings/

Quote:
Alloy Development is selling one of its sites near Hudson Yards — and expects to get $75 million for the deal.

A buyer could build a tower with up to 415,000 square feet of space at the site, at 511 West 35th Street, west of Penn Station. About 100,000 square feet could be residential, thanks to the city’s sale of air rights in the neighborhood.

The Related Companies, which is famously developing Hudson Yards with Oxford Properties and owns several properties in the area, is expected to be one of the potential bidders.
I expect Related to purchase this parcel. A couple months ago they had purchased, 517 W 35th street.

It is adjacent to Alloy’s 450 Hudson Blvd. I am just not sure if 511 W 35 is the same address as 450 Hudson Blvd.

I just know between Related’s and Alloy’s 450 HB, one of those projects would become 6 Hudson Blvd.

The site (6 Hudson Blvd) can have a total of 1.5 m sf if fully assembled and is zoned for office & not residential.

From what I gathered.. Related has 460 k sf max if they purchase air rights with 517 W 35th.

At 511 W 35 that Alloy is now selling has a total of 415 k sf.

If 511 W 35 is indeed different than 450 Hudson Boulevard, Related can still assemble 875k sf which is pretty considerable if those 2 properties could be merged.

skinny supertall potential.

Kanto liked this post
Old November 20th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #205
solgoldberg

Will Bloomberg visit this subway entrance

zippythechimp has posted recent photos of the One Hudson Blvd subway station entrance & Hudson Blvd itself. The photos show the station entrance still wrapped in plywood.

His 11/17 photo also gives you another perspective of how far the Coach Tower has climbed & it's relationship to the LIRR MoE bldg.
Photo is looking south w/ Hudson Blvd on left, Hudson Blvd Park & subway entrance on right.

zippythechimp via wirednewyork.com

Last edited by solgoldberg; November 20th, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #206
Vertical_Gotham

Looks like this will not be 1 Hudson Boulevard anymore.

It will be known as 55 Hudson Yards.

So based on this new development, I am guessing other proposed projects to rise along the boulevard will be addressed as...

50 Hudson Yards (Related / McDonalds)
55 Hudson Yards (Formerly Extell's)
60 Hudson Yards (Sherwood)
65 Hudson Yards (Moinian / Girasol)
70 Hudson Yards (Related or Alloy)

TowerVerre:), Kanto liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; November 26th, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #207
Funkyskunk2

Likes (Received): 808

I don't like this naming system but at least it should cut confusion about what is Hudson yards and what is Hudson boulevard. Having this called One Hudson yards with the addresses as # Hudson boulevard was dumb.
Funkyskunk2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #208
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

Quote:

Looks like this will not be 1 Hudson Boulevard anymore.

It will be known as 50 Hudson Yards.
I think you mean 55, no?

Vertical_Gotham liked this post
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #209
Vertical_Gotham

yep ur right! done! sooooo confusing. lol
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #210
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

It is! What the heck is the point of building a new street if the addresses along it are going to be arbitrary anyway?? Sounds like a package black hole.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM   #211
solgoldberg

Current state of HY north of 33rd St

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
Thanks to NYGuy for digging this up, I don't know where he got it, but he posted it on SSP. Hopefully this helps clear a few things up. The WPC got cancelled in 2008-09, but this is the same developer, same lot, and the same architecture firm. Sherwood Tower has a thread here, somewhere...

Obviously Related's Hudson Yards is at the bottom, this tower will rise where it says 'Extell', directly to the north of this tower will be the Girasole, and across the street Sherwood Equities tower will rise.

The current (12-2-2013) state of these sites north of 33rd street (Red X in diagram above) was captured in the snip below. 33rd st runs across the bottom of the photo, 11th ave is on the left side. The right side of the photo cuts off right about where the actual, unfinished, Hudson Blvd street is being used for #7 subway station entrance construction staging between 33rd & 34th. It looks like the west side of Hudson blvd is paved between 35th & 36th streets and is being used for construction worker parking. The subway construction site (future home of Girasole) between 34th & 35th is still being used to finish the #7 subway extension, etc., etc.

image hosted on flickr

snip from original hardcoreshutterbug photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/hardcor...n/photostream/

And here's a j-biz photo from the same day showing the un-paved Hudson Blvd, finishing elements of the #7 subway entrance and the One Hudson Blvd/55 HY subway vent overbuild structure. Photo is looking SW from 34th st., just east of "Hudson Blvd"

image hosted on flickr

Original j-biz photo (& other One Hudson Blvd site photos) here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/11176313585/

j-biz, iamtheSTIG, Kanto, TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by solgoldberg; December 4th, 2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old December 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #212
Vertical_Gotham

Revealed: 50 and 55 Hudson Yards
http://newyorkyimby.com/2013/12/reve...son-yards.html

Quote:
Related has new renderings up at Time Warner Center depicting The Hudson Yards, and in addition to dramatic changes for the Equinox Tower, a model depicting 50 and 55 Hudson Yards has been revealed. As YIMBY reported in early October, Related has expanded their presence in the neighborhood dramatically, acquiring the entire block to the north of the railyards. The two new buildings increase the site’s scope by nearly 4 million square feet....

Read more in link
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #213
solgoldberg

Might as well throw in new render

The TWC exhibit has produced photos of the model there.

I like this one which shows 55 HY (former One Hudson Blvd, etc.), with the truck trailer storage area STILL storing trailers. The trailer lot is at bottom left, 55 HY is east of the 11th Ave viaduct which forms the west boundary of the truck lot. Looking east in the render:

newyorkyimbyhttp://newyorkyimby.com/2013/12/reve...son-yards.html

From the same yimby article: "Though no timeframe has been unveiled for completion, work on 50 and 55 Hudson Yards will probably be finished in the 2020s."

I wonder what Related is going to do with the large concrete pad (with underlying 55 HY foundations, connections to subway, etc.) north of the #7 subway vent bldg @ 33rd st in the 2010s? I'm assuming this will be turned over to Related by the MTA when the #7 extension opens in June 2014.

Since I invoked the #7 again I'll also post RobertWalpole's? photo of the model that shows 55 HY & the subway station below. Looking south now, 55 HY on right, cross section of subway station (mezzanine & track level) in bottom right. I'm inferring form this model how Realted will connect the opening in '18 North Tower with the subway station upper mezz: a raised, level 33rd st w/a passageway below. :

Kanto, SEIM liked this post

Last edited by solgoldberg; December 6th, 2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #214
solgoldberg

This vertical_gotham photo of 50 & 55 HY is a closer shot of the model that might show parking garage entrances into the overbuild platform above the East Rail Yard. I assume one of the parking garage entrances also would provide access by the LIRR to their electrical substation under the North Tower. It also looks like the ERY overbuild plaza has no vehicle access to 33rd st
It looks like it it's fairly simple to connect the North Tower below a raised 33rd street to the #7 subway station but I have no idea if this was planned for when the current entrance was built. The above ground, visible, subway station entrance (and smaller elevtor building) sits atop a lot of concrete & steel (& rock) that form the underground infrastructure.

Vertical_Gotham, Funkyskunk2 liked this post

Last edited by solgoldberg; December 6th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old December 6th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #215
Vertical_Gotham

Good observation! Hudson Boulevard West ends at 34th street while Hudson Boulevard East runs into 33rd.

Where would this huge underground parking garage will be again?
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #216
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

I thought the only parking would be on the south side of the block between 10 and 15 HY, and the overbuild platform would be flush with 33rd...

The model is ambiguous, but those look like little cars zooming around the plaza.
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #217
solgoldberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-biz View Post
I thought the only parking would be on the south side of the block between 10 and 15 HY, and the overbuild platform would be flush with 33rd...

The model is ambiguous, but those look like little cars zooming around the plaza.
Yah, and those look like two dark slots (shallow ramps) on the north edge of the overbuild platform/south side of the raised 33rd st. In addition, the LIRR/ConEd NEEDS vehicle access to the AC/DC substation under the North Tower unless they will be willing to live with driving in from the south side of the west rail yard, under the 11th ave viaduct & then across the tracks (there is a track-level roadway across the ERY tracks now)
image hosted on flickr

Original source vertical_gotham

AND IIRC one of the new models has a view of the platform from the west that seems to show considerable space between top & bottom surface w/ things in there.

Somebody should go visit the TWC exhibit and ask those questions. Maybe they have free refreshments.

You can also check the various docs filed for the ERY...

Vertical_Gotham, TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by solgoldberg; December 7th, 2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #218
Vertical_Gotham

That is crazy! I did not realize the HY Plaza (Phase 1) is elevated higher than 34th street.
Old December 7th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #219
solgoldberg

Quote:
That is crazy! I did not realize the HY Plaza (Phase 1) is elevated higher than 34th street.
I do NOT know the respective elevations.

Here's a closer view of the model, looking east down 33rd. Looks to me that Hudson Blvd south of 33rd will NOT connect to the top of overbuild platform. Maybe they'll bring back Matt Damon as Jason Bourne (or use the current Jeremy Renner) to drive through the plaza and then off the top of the platfom heading north in another "Bourne" installment:

dunno who the original source is

PS: with the current elevations between the Real-Soon-Now Hudson Blvd Park/#7 Subway extension entrance and the current 33rd st, I wonder what temporary solution/barriers they'll have in place when the 7 opens in ~June??

Last edited by solgoldberg; December 7th, 2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old December 7th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #220
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28211

Quote:
Originally Posted by solgoldberg View Post
Yah, and those look like two dark slots (shallow ramps) on the north edge of the overbuild platform/south side of the raised 33rd st. In addition, the LIRR/ConEd NEEDS vehicle access to the AC/DC substation under the North Tower unless they will be willing to live with driving in from the south side of the west rail yard, under the 11th ave viaduct & then across the tracks (there is a track-level roadway across the ERY tracks now)
image hosted on flickr

Original source vertical_gotham

AND IIRC one of the new models has a view of the platform from the west that seems to show considerable space between top & bottom surface w/ things in there.

Somebody should go visit the TWC exhibit and ask those questions. Maybe they have free refreshments.

You can also check the various docs filed for the ERY...
The platform looks barely higher than a car. But this would make a very cool entrance.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
55 hudson yards, hudson yards, nyc