daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers Discussions of projects under construction between 200-299m/650-999ft tall.
» Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 16th, 2014, 12:40 AM   #281
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3592

Is this new? I much prefer this to the earlier version with the weird curvy-cornered roof. The Extell design was better, but honestly, this whole development could stand to have a couple simple boxes to balance out the wacky central designs.

WillBuild liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #282
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

Both are WAY too conservative for my tastes. At Least 55 had setbacks...now just another glass box. And 50 is a disappointing shrimp. No character whatsoever... what is Related thinking here with two boring buildings ANY hack could design? The Girasole is far better than any of those two office towers.
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 12:51 AM   #283
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4541

I think 55 doesn't look right there in that render, but that's probably due to it being on its own to one side
I do welcome designs such as this just to bulk and fill the cluster up, we don't want Hudson Yards to become Londons City where a load of weird and wonderful skyscrapers are starting to clash and create a sort of 'mess' - Don't get me wrong I love The City, but I'm glad it's also starting to get some boxy towers and the much needed Pinnacle

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 12:54 AM   #284
MarshallKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
And 50 is a disappointing shrimp. No character whatsoever... what is Related thinking here with two boring buildings ANY hack could design?
50 HY isn't even in this render...

Last edited by MarshallKnight; April 16th, 2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old April 16th, 2014, 01:14 AM   #285
citybooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
50 HY isn't even in this render...

My mistake, saw the boxy building on the far left and for some reason thought 50 Hudson. Still looks too boxy to me, just too conservative but seems to have a very nice glass quality. Nothing about it says "boutique" or unique in any fashion. Still not thrilled with it, and not sure what to expect with 50 Hudson either.
Old April 16th, 2014, 01:19 AM   #286
citybooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheSTIG View Post
I think 55 doesn't look right there in that render, but that's probably due to it being on its own to one side
I do welcome designs such as this just to bulk and fill the cluster up, we don't want Hudson Yards to become Londons City where a load of weird and wonderful skyscrapers are starting to clash and create a sort of 'mess' - Don't get me wrong I love The City, but I'm glad it's also starting to get some boxy towers and the much needed Pinnacle
I like the Girasole best of the three office towers just outside the main first phase. It isn't wild or radical but it does have a little bit of angling and a personality. I don't want merely okay office towers but really iconic ones... just don't want Related to settle.

Vertical_Gotham, sweet-d liked this post
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:35 AM   #287
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Agreed with the GiraSole. With its slight twist and it's size actually makes this one of my favorite in the Hudson Yards.

I've said it before and believe me I think I'm alone here with this opinion.. Ireally like 50 Hudson Yards. IMO, it has a role to play and it knows it's not a star.

I think 50 could do better especially it's being dubbed the boutique tower for Related.

As far as the towers outside the main phase... The Hudson Spire has the chance to be tops and even outshine the towers inside the main first phase. Here's hoping.

Kanto liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:50 AM   #288
citybooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Agreed with the GiraSole. With its slight twist and it's size actually makes this one of my favorite in the Hudson Yards.

I've said it before and believe me I think I'm alone here with this opinion.. Ireally like 50 Hudson Yards. IMO, it has a role to play and it knows it's not a star.

I think 50 could do better especially it's being dubbed the boutique tower for Related.

As far as the towers outside the main phase... The Hudson Spire has the chance to be tops and even outshine the towers inside the main first phase. Here's hoping.
I can tolerate 50 Hudson only if 55 Hudson shines. As far as we can see there's nothing remotely "boutique" or unique about 50 Hudson as currently rendered. It's not bad but it really is not anything more than okay. I really hope it's not the final design or at least 55 Hudson is as good if not better than Girasole. Maybe not even dominated by glass.. hey, one can dream!
Old May 3rd, 2014, 08:08 PM   #289
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

delete

Last edited by j-biz; May 5th, 2014 at 05:48 PM.
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:21 PM   #290
Vertical_Gotham

55 Hudson Podium

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #291
Vertical_Gotham

In podium photo above, it shows 55 Hudson with a black cladding which I personally like and based from this photo below from that Vegas Conference currently going on, it shows 55 Hudson cladded in black suggesting this is what is now planned for the tower.

Old May 19th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #292
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

This was really needed to counter the blue glass towers around it. A nice solid Miesian design! It also has that vintage character with the black steel and the curved square windows.

MarshallKnight, WillBuild liked this post
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 05:30 AM   #293
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22570

The link to these images says 55 Hudson Yards, the link to the page is broken however and that view seems too high. Reference the Silver Towers (~650 ft)

http://content.related.com/HYImages/...or-outdoor.jpg

http://content.related.com/HYImages/...astructure.jpg

iamtheSTIG liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:11 AM   #294
Vertical_Gotham

Wow! Nice find!!!

Seems like Related was testing out a page for 55 Hudson to perhaps publish it live in the near future on the Hudson Yards New York web site.

I wonder if Related has a tenant lined up for this tower. Maybe this is what Lord Wellington was alluding to with some news coming within a couple of weeks over at the Vandy thread??

A couple of thoughts..We all had seen the model display at Vegas which shows 55 in black cladding, then the base of 55 Hudson in the rendering below in black with those windows. IMO, I like what they have hinted so far.

So we know the plan for this tower is black, but what is intriguing is the height shown from those pictures. From that vantage point overlooking the Silver Towers definitely suggests this to be a supertall. Who knows?? Related could just turn around and plan a supertall! They certainly have waay plenty to build a solid supertall with 1.3 msf for development.

I'm digging the outdoor terrace shown. With those leaked renderings shown on google has certainly upped the intrigue factor for me. Anyway, this tower could very well end up to be surprising even if the height remains at 710 as reported.

If done right with black cladding and those windows, this "boutique" tower may end up being quite the looker even if it maintains it's boxy shape.

Anyway, it's fun to speculate with those renderings Hudson11 discovered.

citybooster liked this post
Old May 23rd, 2014, 02:57 PM   #295
Vertical_Gotham

Here's more renderings for 55 Hudson

Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:05 PM   #296
Vertical_Gotham

In this image from what ever floor this is from, it seems to be level with 10 Hudson Yards in height.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 03:14 PM   #297
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4541

That is some incredible detailing! This building seems to have its own identity, not in the overall shape (from what we've seen), but in the cladding and details

Hopefully this has a height increase now? Perhaps the supposed tenant after this building (?) wants a large chunk of space, and that the simple overall design of this building allows for multiple/flexible height ranges?

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map

citybooster, Vertical_Gotham liked this post
iamtheSTIG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:46 PM   #298
MarshallKnight

Love love love the facade, both the color and the detailing (and how that rounded corner geometry makes it into the lobby renders). A worthy replacement to Extell's old design.

As for those upper exterior views, they're almost certainly 55 HY and not 50 as Lord Arthur points out, but my guess is that the height has been exaggerated for effect. Think about the spire renders for 1 Vanderbilt, for example, which showed it towering 500 ft. above Chrysler; or the ones for 56 Leonard that put it in entirely the wrong place for aesthetic reasons. It's not uncommon.

I'm perfectly happy with a ~700 footer here. Some of the renders have shown the West Office Tower of Phase II to be about the same size. If so, it will aid the visual "pivot" -- from Phase II, through the plaza, and up the new Hudson Blvd -- with the cylinder of 35 HY as the pivot point, and the West Tower and 55 HY as anchors for the East-West and North-South axes respectively.

Plus, a continuous wall of 1000-footers, while impressive, would just be another Midtown plateau!
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:31 PM   #299
Vertical_Gotham

here’s a few more:

View from the public square facing 35 Hudson Yards podium looking North

At the very end of the high line viewing East

indoor and outdoor – Here they are showing tables and chairs along the Hudson Boulevard in front of 55 HY

55 Hudson Yards Elevators

Looking out from 55 HY office

55 HY Flex office space

Comparison
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:56 PM   #300
MarshallKnight

Good finds. Now I'm realizing that I've never been totally clear on what the end of the High Line is going to be. It currently just slopes into a gravel pit, doesn't it? Anyone have any details about that?

Tags
55 hudson yards, hudson yards, nyc