daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers Discussions of projects under construction between 200-299m/650-999ft tall.
» Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 4th, 2014, 08:29 PM   #401
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Related Close to Revealing Big Hudson Yards News
http://www.globest.com/news/12_999/n...ws-353055.html

Quote:
NEW YORK CITY—Related Cos. is about to ink a 90,000-square-foot lease at 10 Hudson Yards—the building anchored by Coach, L'Oreal and SAP—with “very healthy rent levels," GlobeSt.com has learned EXCLUSIVELY.

The company also intends to make a big announcement by year end regarding 55 Hudson Yards, a project on which Related expects to start construction in January.
I wonder who the anchor will be??

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

j-biz, citybooster, iamtheSTIG liked this post
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #402
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22572

weren't they in talks with a Japanese company? Or was that over control of the site?
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #403
Vertical_Gotham

Yea, i forgot about that. The firm is Mitsui Fudosan as they would most definitely would be the anchor.

Old December 4th, 2014, 09:10 PM   #404
optimusprimal1

Likes (Received): 131

yay another hy tower soon to rise
Old December 5th, 2014, 04:08 AM   #405
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2064

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
Yea, i forgot about that. The firm is Mitsui Fudosan as they would most definitely would be the anchor.
Aren't they a developer? I assumed that they just want an equity stake. I would have preferred not to see this tower rise anytime soon, as I think that the current design is forgettable.
LondoniumLex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 10:39 AM   #406
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

I LOVE this tower, the more I seeit just grows on me. The windows and base are terrific..... very glad to hear this!
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #407
The Lion

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondoniumLex View Post
Aren't they a developer? I assumed that they just want an equity stake. I would have preferred not to see this tower rise anytime soon, as I think that the current design is forgettable.
It is forgettable. I wish it were taller. Still, it's impressive how quickly these towers are filling up with anchors. Office glut my rear end! Up next: 3 Hudson Boulevard, 50 Hudson Yards, and Tishman's Spire!
The Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #408
Vertical_Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondoniumLex View Post
Aren't they a developer? I assumed that they just want an equity stake.

Yep they are developers and it was reported that they are purchasing a huge stake. I was also assuming they may want some space for their US HQ. I dunno.

I just checked what kind of projects they are involved in in Manhattan and they are indeed involved with 160 Madison Ave with JD Carlisle as joint developers.

Old December 5th, 2014, 06:36 PM   #409
Vertical_Gotham

I like 55 Hudson a lot. It's simple from afar but up close and from the street level, this tower will shine. Obviously for me, the best feature is the podium. I also like that this tower will be in top quality black cladding.

Maybe Fudosan may want/request to increase the height of this tower?? They can change anything above it as far as I'm concerned, but the Podium and the quality of the cladding needs to stay!

Old December 5th, 2014, 06:40 PM   #410
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

I co-sign on that!
citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2014, 06:49 PM   #411
McSky

Likes (Received): 1891

One of my favorite proposed buildings. I wish they would make the top section a bit more distinctive, but they seem to be prioritizing large floor plans.

Huge render:

https://nyocommercialobserver.files....rds-aerial.jpg

citybooster liked this post
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 12:45 AM   #412
Vertical_Gotham

I would disregard the height of the tower in this zoning diagram. lol.

Below is a diagram of the podium.

Old December 24th, 2014, 06:08 AM   #413
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I think the design needs to stay as is. Taller is better, but the overall design needs to stay. I just love those rounded rectangles.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #414
Vertical_Gotham

As expected, news of the Japanese co buying a major stake has been officially announced. Very surprised how big a stake they acquired!! Mitsui had bought a 92% stake of the project.

Japanese firm snaps up controlling stake in giant Hudson Yards tower for close to $260M

Mitsui Fudosan grabbed majority share in the project from the Related Companies

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2060868

Quote:
A Japanese real estate giant has bought a majority stake in a massive new office tower slated to rise at Hudson Yards.

Tokyo-based Mitsui Fudosan paid New York’s Related Companies approximately $259 million for a 92.09% stake in the development project known as 55 Hudson Yards, city records show.

Construction is slated to start early next spring on the 1.3 million-square-foot tower at 34th St. and 11th Ave., designed by A. Eugene Kohn of Kohn Pedersen Fox at the site of the West Side rail yard in the West 30s.

iamtheSTIG liked this post
Old December 31st, 2014, 04:09 AM   #415
optimusprimal1

Likes (Received): 131

wow hope they keep the design but make it taller so it looks even better. it is one of those designs bigger is better.
Old January 21st, 2015, 06:41 PM   #416
Vertical_Gotham

Mitsui Fudosan America, Inc. Invests to Build Fifty Five Hudson Yards in Partnership with Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group and Commences Groundbreaking

Read more:http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2445983#ixzz3PTSMc2Fn

Quote:
Mitsui Fudosan America, Inc. (MFA), the U.S. operations of Japan’s largest real estate company, Related Companies and Oxford Properties Group today announced that they have partnered on the full capitalization of Fifty Five Hudson Yards and commenced groundbreaking on the trophy office tower.
Quote:
Fifty Five Hudson Yards is advantageously positioned at the intersection of Hudson Yards, the High Line and Hudson Park & Boulevard. The entrance to the building is adjacent to the new No. 7 subway extension which connects to every other major subway line as well as Grand Central Station. Penn Station is also less than a five-minute walk away.

The fully capitalized, anticipated LEED Gold, 51-story, 1.3 million gross square foot building is expected to be ready for tenant fit-out in 2017.
Quote:
The design of Fifty Five Hudson Yards is defined by its indoor-outdoor spaces, SoHo and early modernism inspired exterior design, and exceptionally efficient interior space planning. A. Eugene Kohn and Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates (KPF) served as the Design Architect on the building.

A. Eugene Kohn, Chairman of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates and Design Architect of Fifty Five Hudson Yards, said, “Fifty Five Hudson Yards provides a strong, elegant, and extremely rational form within the Hudson Yards site. While its neighboring buildings are more sculptural, the building achieves its beauty through its unique gunmetal grey façade and proportions. Simple in form, but rich in detail, the building was inspired by the historic cast iron architecture found throughout SoHo, and aims to relate to the neighborhoods of Chelsea and the Meatpacking District adjacent to Hudson Yards. Fifty Five Hudson Yards was designed to create an extremely workable and efficient office building which is suitable for a variety of tenants both large and small.”
Quote:
One of the few office buildings in the entire city opening directly onto a park, the main lobby of Fifty Five Hudson Yards sits at the southwestern edge of the City’s new Hudson Park. With a unique buffer of green space, light and air around the building, Fifty Five Hudson Yards offers a welcoming arrival experience for building tenants and visitors.

The architects built on the appeal of this great outdoor space by designing a dramatic terrace overlooking the park on the building’s tenth floor. The ability to provide gracious indoor-outdoor space continues up the building as the design offers the ability to carve private, double-height terrace spaces into the tower in flexible locations. These tower terraces allow tenants and guests to enjoy an outdoor experience surrounded by sweeping views of the Hudson River and the Midtown skyline without having to leave the building.

The facade of Fifty Five Hudson Yards was inspired by the revitalized High Line district, the manufactured cast iron exterior of SoHo commercial buildings and the best of early modernism. While the building references the solid exterior of the City’s classic cast iron buildings, it also shares their expansive windows and interior light. Fifty Five Hudson Yards will offer floor-to-ceiling glass throughout the building, bringing light streaming across the entirety of each floor and helping to promote the open skyline and river views it enjoys.

The interior planning of the building was conceived after extensive study of the space needs of professional service, financial, creative and technology firms. The plan starts with a tight, efficient core configuration that eliminates all openings from its perimeter. The flexibility of the usable space on each floor is limitless and floor-to-ceiling glass, 35-foot lease-spans and the absence of any corner columns imbue the floors with a sense of light and air through clear-finished, extra-high, 10-foot ceilings. The design has multiple opportunities to showcase tenant’s brands and is designed to meet every business need with premium amenities, destination dispatch elevators and designated car drop off access. At a height of over 780 feet, the unobstructed views over the Hudson River and of midtown will be stunning throughout the tower floors.”

Mitsui Fudosan Starts Work on Tower at NYC’s Hudson Yards
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...-new-york.html

Quote:
While the planned 51-story, 1.3 million-square-foot (121,000-square-meter) tower has no signed leases, Related is “in advanced negotiations with several tenants,” said Joanna Rose, a spokeswoman for the developer. The building will be ready for tenants to start moving in 2017, according to Related’s statement.

Old January 21st, 2015, 06:41 PM   #417
Vertical_Gotham

Gene Kohn discusses the design of 55 Hudson Yards

Experience 55 Hudson Yards

iamtheSTIG, streetscapeer liked this post
Old January 21st, 2015, 06:58 PM   #418
LondoniumLex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2064

This building is ok. I'd rather see tenants fill the Spire, Girasole, and the McD site.

The latest iteration of the ever-changing E-Tower are depicted too.

Last edited by LondoniumLex; January 21st, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
LondoniumLex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:16 AM   #419
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22572

http://www.hudsonyardsnewyork.com/library/images/office

Old January 22nd, 2015, 07:28 AM   #420
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 25287

I really like this tower!

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post