daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Favorite CC Stadium
Maracanã Stadium - Rio de Janeiro 85 23.74%
Nacional Stadium - Brasília 108 30.17%
Castelao Stadium - Fortaleza 23 6.42%
Arena Pernambuco - Recife 81 22.63%
Arena Fonte Nova - Salvador 25 6.98%
Mineirao Stadium - Belo Horizonte 36 10.06%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 21st, 2013, 06:42 PM   #501
hugenholz

Likes (Received): 430

2 Fifa team vehicles have been attacked and seriously damaged by riot-protesters during the Uruguay and Nigeria match.Some participating countries of the Confederation Cup are considering to leave the tournament because of the safety-issues.

This s.it is getting serious....
hugenholz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:24 PM   #502
Joao Pedro - Fortal

Likes (Received): 7744

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugenholz View Post
2 Fifa team vehicles have been attacked and seriously damaged by riot-protesters during the Uruguay and Nigeria match.Some participating countries of the Confederation Cup are considering to leave the tournament because of the safety-issues.

This s.it is getting serious....
Old and Not true!!
FIFA and national teams are successively saying this kind of news were only rumors done by some stupid brazilian media and they have never considered this choice

carl_Alm, skyscraperbarra liked this post
Joao Pedro - Fortal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM   #503
hugenholz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao Pedro - Fortal View Post
Old and Not true!!
FIFA and national teams are successively saying this kind of news were only rumors done by some stupid brazilian media and they have never considered this choice
It's already on the Dutch and UK news channels & newspapers...
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:01 PM   #504
Schorschico

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
yes im serious! im not against the pacific protest, but i am of all protests against people working or atrending to the event. the costs of taking the wc away is bigger than all the money already invested. btw many sectors of the economy depends on the events now and are not guilty of the bad choices of the gov. an...
I'm with you in the sense that the money is already spent and that now it is logical to go trough with it (and reap the benefits of all the money invested), I was just pointing out, what, in my opinion, is a really poor choice of words. I don't find it shameful at all to protest for what you care, at any point. It may not be useful, it may even hurt sometimes, but it always makes our societies stronger in the long run. That is why shame is the last thing I would associate with them.

Quote:
... if they are so angry about public investment with big events why i dont see anyone complaining about 100 mi dollars spent to bring the pope to Brazil? a country that says it doesnt have any official religion?
I cannot agree more, and I do (and did) when it happened home. That being said if I think both the pope visit and the WC are a waste of public funds, and people only consider the WC worth protesting, I will call them out about the pope visit, not about the WC, since we agree on that one.

TEBC liked this post
Schorschico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM   #505
Joao Pedro - Fortal

Quote:
It's already on the Dutch and UK news channels & newspapers...
Ok but that does not change the fact that these news are simply not true and it was created by stupid and sensationalist journalists in Brazil.

skyscraperbarra liked this post
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:33 PM   #506
hugenholz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao Pedro - Fortal View Post
Ok but that does not change the fact that these news are simply not true and it was created by stupid and sensationalist journalists in Brazil.
Those protests and demonstations looks pretty huge. Brazil's credibility is on stake, so I bet they will increase safety-measures to prevent a cancellation. I don't know what to think about it but this looks to be a major problem to solve at short notice.
Old June 21st, 2013, 08:57 PM   #507
Joao Pedro - Fortal

Quote:
Those protests and demonstations looks pretty huge. Brazil's credibility is on stake, so I bet they will increase safety-measures to prevent a cancellation. I don't know what to think about it but this looks to be a major problem to solve at short notice.
look, you were talking about national teams and FIFA leaving the country and canceling the cup due to security issues and I said thas was not true, it was created by brazilian press.

Protests are getting huge and this is not a problem, this is actually the solution Brazil needs to reform the state and really face the problems we have since we exist. The bombs and war scenes you see on TV are made by a really small vandals minority that infiltrate the protest and try to create a zone of conflit with the police
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:18 PM   #508
ticosk8

Likes (Received): 10721

FIFA deny Confed cancellation

FIFA have rubbished claims the 2013 Confederations Cup could be abandoned due to the increasing security fears in Brazil.
Reports from South America suggest the tournament could be scrapped following violent demonstrations in the country, with an estimated 1,000,000 people haven taken to the streets to protest corruption and the high costs of staging next year's World Cup finals.
World football's governing body, though, insists the eight-team competition will continue as planned, with the final round of group fixtures set to take place this weekend.

http://news.yahoo.com/fifa-deny-conf...123023424.html

ticosk8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:29 AM   #509
ObiUbamba

Likes (Received): 21

Seriously, the Brazilian people should have protested when it was announced that they were in contention with hosting the World Cup back in 2007. As others have said, it shows a real shortsightedness on the part of the Brazilian people to go ahead and wait until AFTER all the money, time, and effort has been invested into this World Cup hosting by the country. Yes, there may be problems throughout the government that discriminates against large segments of the population, but that does not mean that they have to put their country's credibility at stake on the world stage during these Confederation Cup games just because they all of a sudden feel disgruntled. Had these protests been going on earlier on, before or after 2007, than Brazil would never have even been considered a viable option for hosting the 2014 World Cup.
ObiUbamba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:40 AM   #510
dande

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiUbamba View Post
Seriously, the Brazilian people should have protested when it was announced that they were in contention with hosting the World Cup back in 2007. As others have said, it shows a real shortsightedness on the part of the Brazilian people to go ahead and wait until AFTER all the money, time, and effort has been invested into this World Cup hosting by the country. Yes, there may be problems throughout the government that discriminates against large segments of the population, but that does not mean that they have to put their country's credibility at stake on the world stage during these Confederation Cup games just because they all of a sudden feel disgruntled. Had these protests been going on earlier on, before or after 2007, than Brazil would never have even been considered a viable option for hosting the 2014 World Cup.

They conviced people to get on board with the olympics and the world cup by enticing them with promises of new jobs, better infrastructure, housing etc. So far no reason to protest. Now the side that actually has power to do something about it hasn´t done anything or enough.
So the proverbial jigg is up.
dande no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:56 AM   #511
ObiUbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by dande View Post
They conviced people to get on board with the olympics and the world cup by enticing them with promises of new jobs, better infrastructure, housing etc. So far no reason to protest. Now the side that actually has power to do something about it hasn´t done anything or enough.
So the proverbial jigg is up.
The world cup is barely a year away! How impatient can the people be? They should at least have waited a few years after the world cup to assess what kind of "legacy" would be left by hosting the tournament. Also, they need to understand that they are getting the Olympics as well, which when combined with the World Cup will no doubt improve the infrastructure and job growth of the country.

Now if it's 2020 and little has improved in the country, then they would no doubt have a right to protest. It's not an overnight process.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 03:54 AM   #512
skyscraperbarra

Likes (Received): 5191

The riots is not about the world cup, it may be taken this way because the Confed cup is happening right now but this is not the main reason, at all!

The international media only talks about the CC and WC because that's what they are interest of but this is not, by far, the main issue!

Corruption, education, public health and mainly, public transports, those are the main issues!!!

FAAN, TEBC, opusdei liked this post
skyscraperbarra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:19 AM   #513
FAAN

Likes (Received): 39662

Belo Horizonte - Brazil

Saturday (22/06)

27ºC
15ºC

At 16:00 h (GMT -3)

Mineirão Stadium

Japan
x Mexico

Temperature: 25ºC
Real feel: 24ºC
Wind: 8 km/h
Humidity: 52%
Chance of rain: 1%

http://www.accuweather.com/pt/br/bel.../44403?hour=33

Last edited by FAAN; June 22nd, 2013 at 04:38 AM.
FAAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:20 AM   #514
FAAN

Likes (Received): 39662

Salvador - Brazil

Saturday (22/06)

29ºC
23ºC

At 16:00 h (GMT -3)

Arena Fonte Nova

Italy
x Brazil

Temperature: 25ºC
Real feel: 26ºC
Wind: 5 km/h
Humidity: 75%
Chance of rain: 0%

http://www.accuweather.com/pt/br/sal.../43080?hour=41

Last edited by FAAN; June 22nd, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
FAAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:00 AM   #515
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5791

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus360 View Post
They have the right to protest and no one should tell them to do the opposite. People are just disillusioned that all the investment for the WC/Olympics has not been enough to satisfy the basic needs of people (health, poverty, etc.) and I agree with them that the government is, instead of solving those issues, trying to cover them up and give a fake image of the country.

Brazil, as much as it has progressed on the last decade, still has many issues to solve, that's the sad truth. Even so it's a bit depressing that an event which is supposed to unite people has been affected with those kind of political events (at least Dilma has decided to dialogue, not like certain guy in eastern Europe *stares at Erdogan* )
like I said: they have the right to protest as much as they want, since they respect the rights of the others!!! I want to know who is going to pay the damage over my friends car that was stuck today in the middle of the protest and it was destroyed?!? Or my cousin that lost his flight because they closed the access to the main airport of the country. That is no protest, is just anarchism.

LuizSoarez liked this post
TEBC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:59 AM   #516
ObiUbamba

Quote:
like I said: they have the right to protest as much as they want, since they respect the rights of the others!!! I want to know who is going to pay the damage over my friends car that was stuck today in the middle of the protest and it was destroyed?!? Or my cousin that lost his flight because they closed the access to the main airport of the country. That is no protest, is just anarchism.

This is what mass protests usually end up becoming: it gives restless, anarchic individuals an excues to absolutely trash cities and mostly get away with as they "fight for a cause". A peaceful, meaningful strike is understandable; chaos is not.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #517
dande

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiUbamba View Post
The world cup is barely a year away! How impatient can the people be? They should at least have waited a few years after the world cup to assess what kind of "legacy" would be left by hosting the tournament. Also, they need to understand that they are getting the Olympics as well, which when combined with the World Cup will no doubt improve the infrastructure and job growth of the country.

Now if it's 2020 and little has improved in the country, then they would no doubt have a right to protest. It's not an overnight process.

You are asking of people to be patient untill the whole things blows away and it´s forgotten. I would ask of the government to admit the mistakes and do necessary changes.
dande no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM   #518
carl_Alm
Brazil

Likes (Received): 12792

Fonte Nova - Salvador

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Night View Post
Fotos 21/06:

Fonte: http://placar.abril.com.br/blogs/cli...te-desmiolada/

Fonte das fotos abaixo: http://www.gazetapress.com.br/busca/fotos/?q=e#:

Restaurante panorâmico:

FAAN, Almeria, djuran liked this post
carl_Alm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:11 PM   #519
Bezzi

Likes (Received): 995

Quote:
Keep calm TBEC. The car was destroyed for a better Brazil
Bezzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM   #520
afonso_bh
mineirinho..

Mineirão Stadium

https://www.facebook.com/minasarena/photos_stream

djuran liked this post
afonso_bh no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
brazil, fifa, rio de janeiro, soccer