daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 11th, 2016, 03:40 AM   #2141
tokilamockingbrd

Likes (Received): 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNYC View Post
1 Vanderbilt is definitely a go!

The whole block has to come down first.. 4 buildings and then excavation. TD Bank is the anchor tenant and financing is in place. City desperately wants this area redeveloped and even changed the zoning around the Vanderbilt corridor. City also has given the ok going forward in exchange for $200 million in mass transit improvements from the developer in and around Grand Central
thats what I had gathered. The other thing that makes feel good about it is even many of the typical anti-development people are fine with this because they are investing so heavily in public infrastructure. This one and Hudson yards seem to have support for the people who typically don't like new mega developments.

15 Penn, and the other Super thin Luxury towers seem to be where they are focusing their anger. (I agree with them on 432, its kinda ugly hopefully Central Park tower and Steinway balance it out, I really like those 2 projects)
tokilamockingbrd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2016, 10:19 PM   #2142
BLACK DAHLIA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokilamockingbrd View Post
thats what I had gathered. The other thing that makes feel good about it is even many of the typical anti-development people are fine with this because they are investing so heavily in public infrastructure. This one and Hudson yards seem to have support for the people who typically don't like new mega developments.

15 Penn, and the other Super thin Luxury towers seem to be where they are focusing their anger. (I agree with them on 432, its kinda ugly hopefully Central Park tower and Steinway balance it out, I really like those 2 projects)
...Seems like you don't really know what you are talking about;what the hell allows you to say that new yorkers dislike 432!??
BLACK DAHLIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 01:22 AM   #2143
tokilamockingbrd

Likes (Received): 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DAHLIA View Post
...Seems like you don't really know what you are talking about;what the hell allows you to say that new yorkers dislike 432!??
was referring to NIMBYs. Go to any blog that is anti development and you will see plenty of dissenters. Eyesore, bland monolith, etc are the terms they tend to use.

Personally I think it just looks lonely right now. V1, Verre, CPT, Steinway, and a couple of the other 700-999 foot U/C should help this. I like the design in itself. I think it is elegant.

I personally love tall buildings. The more the merrier as long as they make sense. I would not want NY to turn into a Skyscraper theme park like Dubai.

Maybe its a ratio thing. So many 600-999s for ever super tall, and so many super talls before a mega tall would fit it. No Idea what the ratio would be but NY's skyline should definitely be able fit the U/C and Proposed super talls in no issue (except Shadows of course, lol).
tokilamockingbrd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 07:56 PM   #2144
57th&1st

Likes (Received): 2298

"Notice of Excavation" letter to the MTA posted on the NYC Buildings site says construction is "scheduled to begin on April 11, 2016".

lwetli, Munwon, Hudson11, hunser, Manitopiaaa and 3 others liked this post
57th&1st no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2016, 09:53 PM   #2145
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2016, 06:21 AM   #2146
SMCYB

Likes (Received): 1629

I would like to contact Mr. Olsen. I will simply dial (phone number).

57th&1st liked this post
SMCYB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2016, 02:33 PM   #2147
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

http://nypost.com/2016/04/19/food-fi...e-storefronts/

hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2016, 12:04 PM   #2148
Otto Diesel

Likes (Received): 86

Any updates on the demolition, maybe pictures??
Otto Diesel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 05:07 AM   #2149
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4604

http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot.com

McSky, lwetli, Munwon, rikardo_200, sgollis and 2 others liked this post
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2016, 07:20 AM   #2150
ILNY

Likes (Received): 5303

December 28, 2015

June, 2016
Old June 13th, 2016, 10:44 PM   #2151
rikardo_200

Likes (Received): 418

Nice, it seems demolition is almost over!
rikardo_200 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2016, 12:09 AM   #2152
baronson

Likes (Received): 712

Wow this one slipped my mind. Good progress.
baronson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 05:01 AM   #2153
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4604

SL Green Lines Up Five Banks for $1.5B One Vanderbilt Loan
https://commercialobserver.com/2016/...nderbilt-loan/

Quote:
SL Green Realty Corp. has lined up Bank of China, Bank of New York Mellon, J.P. Morgan Chase, TD Bank and Wells Fargo to provide a $1.5 billion construction loan for One Vanderbilt—Grand Central Terminal’s soon-to-be neighbor. The consortium of banks will act as co-leads on the deal, multiple sources have told Commercial Observer on the condition of anonymity.

While it’s not a done-deal and the loan structure has yet to be finalized, the mortgage is expected to carry a five-year term, one of the sources told CO. The financing is expected to close by the end of summer and there will be a formal groundbreaking in the fall, SL Green has previously stated.

Once the building is completed in 2020, the Kohn Pedersen Fox-designed One Vanderbilt will stand at 1,401 feet with 58 stories, making it about 50 feet taller than the Empire State Building.

I take it that the 1401 ft figure does not include the spire.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 06:19 PM   #2154
scraper2293

Likes (Received): 199

^Awesome render. Gonna look amazing when finished.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
scraper2293 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 07:11 PM   #2155
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

While it would still be nice building I hope the Article's author made a mistake, height cuts are never good. They have one job, seriously...

They probably did considering they clearly got the height of the ESB wrong

Quote:
Once the building is completed in 2020, the Kohn Pedersen Fox-designed One Vanderbilt will stand at 1,401 feet with 58 stories, making it about 50 feet taller than the Empire State Building.

Zaz965, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 11:37 PM   #2156
civil facts

Likes (Received): 138

http://http://www.businesswire.com/n...nic-Vanderbilt
AECOM’s Tishman Construction to manage construction of iconic One Vanderbilt in Midtown Manhattan
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AECOM (NYSE:ACM), a premier, fully integrated global infrastructure firm, announced today that its Tishman Construction unit will manage construction of One Vanderbilt, a world-class commercial office development in Manhattan. Tishman, a legendary builder in the New York market, will construct One Vanderbilt for New York City’s largest commercial property owner, SL Green Realty Corp. The 1,401-foot tall skyscraper is designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF) and located in the heart of New York’s East Midtown business district. The project was previously included in AECOM's backlog reported in the first quarter of fiscal year 2016.
One Vanderbilt will stand directly adjacent to Grand Central Terminal, which is one of the busiest rail stations in the world. The 58-story building will include 1.6 million square feet of Class A commercial space, a public transit hall at the base of the building connected to a 14,000 square foot public plaza, and US$220 million of public transit improvements to the Grand Central transit hub. When One Vanderbilt is completed, it is expected to be the second-tallest office tower in New York City — making Tishman the builder for the two tallest office towers in New York City, including One World Trade Center, the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.

“As the quintessential New York builder, we are proud that SL Green is entrusting us to build this iconic structure that will help reshape the skyline,” said Michael S. Burke, chairman and chief executive officer of AECOM. “We are excited to extend our expertise in delivering the highest-performance buildings as part of the dramatic transformation underway in Midtown East, one of the premier business districts in the world.”

The building is designed to pay homage to the landmarked Terminal and fit seamlessly into the skyline with the Chrysler Building, its neighbor only one block away. It is also expected to be LEED v4 Gold Certified, indicating that it will be built with sustainability in mind. The total value of construction for the project is approximately US$1 billion.

Primary construction is scheduled to begin in 2016 and is expected to be completed in 2020.

Last edited by civil facts; June 22nd, 2016 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Insert a picture
civil facts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:09 AM   #2157
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardo_200 View Post
Nice, it seems demolition is almost over!
Not even close. It has been like that for 2 months! One building was flattened quickly. The others have not shrunk a bit yet.

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/

towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2016, 11:23 PM   #2158
scraper2293

Likes (Received): 199

Cant wait to see some vertical development on this one. One of my favorite upcoming projects in the city atm.

scraper2293 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 04:45 PM   #2159
nyc15

Likes (Received): 158

1401 to the roof not to the spire ,so my question Is what is the height of one Vanderbilt to the tip ???

nyc15 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2016, 07:45 PM   #2160
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2905

1514 FT.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
1 vanderbilt, 51 e.42nd st., midtown, new york, nyc, supertall