daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2014, 06:58 PM   #1421
optimusprimal1
Registered User
 
optimusprimal1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Eugene
Posts: 396
Likes (Received): 131

this building has a design that could transform midtown east into an exciting place once again for developers and businesses
__________________
If you do nothing, you will lose nothing. A craven way to live… If you can really call that life. I, for one, cannot.
– Aya Brea, Parasite Eve II
optimusprimal1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #1422
The Lion
Registered User
 
The Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 154
Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
The fact that 'they' need to be called anything, that's the problem.

You're treating them as an insular, almost alien group, detached from society. Like animals in a zoo.

They're people. 'What do we call them'? We call them their names, you heartless bastard.
I'd rather be heartless than stupid. The fact is they need to be named something because they are an alien group detached from society. If you don't want to be in that group, don't be. It's not a caste. Work for your stuff like everyone else does.
The Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #1423
SomeKindOfBug
Registered User
 
SomeKindOfBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,042
Likes (Received): 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
I'd rather be heartless than stupid. The fact is they need to be named something because they are an alien group detached from society. If you don't want to be in that group, don't be. It's not a caste. Work for your stuff like everyone else does.
Did you seriously just invoke the 'poor people are only poor because they're lazy' argument. The whole bootstraps idea that right-wing Tea Party nutjobs get laughed at for saying?

Did I click the wrong link and end up on a skyscraper forum from 1954? What is this nonsense? Stop thinking these things you are thinking. You're being heartless and stupid, not one or the other.
__________________

j-biz, BLACKDAHLIA liked this post
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #1424
MattNY91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
I'd rather be heartless than stupid. The fact is they need to be named something because they are an alien group detached from society. If you don't want to be in that group, don't be. It's not a caste. Work for your stuff like everyone else does.
Does it really bother you that poor people get assistance? Come up with a better system until then it's the way things are. Get rid of assistance and welfare and other programs that help the poor and we will see how soon things turn for the worse. I would rather have people in the ghetto getting paychecks then them resorting to even more crime and violence had they not been given any assistance from the government at all.
__________________

BLACKDAHLIA liked this post
MattNY91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #1425
The Lion
Registered User
 
The Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 154
Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
Did you seriously just invoke the 'poor people are only poor because they're lazy' argument. The whole bootstraps idea that right-wing Tea Party nutjobs get laughed at for saying?
.
Most of the people laughing at that are left-wing extremists like yourself who, if given the chance, would tank economies.

It must suck being one of those very special lefties who hates bankers and corporate types. Do everyone a favor and boycott those bankers and corporate types by eschewing modern society and giving up your computer and internet access, which were both made possible by them. You might be happier, and the forum would be a better place.
The Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #1426
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem
 
j-biz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,309
Likes (Received): 2793

Hey Lion, here are some readings you may find interesting:

Delusion
Amnesia
Financial crisis of 2007–08

I think it's also worth noting what kind of people get banned from SSC over and over again.
__________________

BLACKDAHLIA liked this post
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:10 PM   #1427
The Lion
Registered User
 
The Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 154
Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-biz View Post
Hey Lion, here are some readings you may find interesting:

Delusion
Amnesia
Financial crisis of 2007–08

I think it's also worth noting what kind of people get banned from SSC over and over again.
The financial crisis was caused by relaxed lending standards spearheaded by overzealous libbies. Go ahead and blame the banks like the other sheep, though.
The Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #1428
iamtheSTIG
Registered User
 
iamtheSTIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nottingham - The city of Robin Hood
Posts: 4,229
Likes (Received): 4488

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUSH people
__________________
Aspiring property developer with major ambitions

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map

Kyll.Ing. liked this post
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:23 PM   #1429
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem
 
j-biz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,309
Likes (Received): 2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
The financial crisis was caused by relaxed lending standards spearheaded by overzealous libbies. Go ahead and blame the banks like the other sheep, though.
I've never heard Alan Greenspan get called an overzealous libbie before... nice theory though.
__________________

BLACKDAHLIA liked this post
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #1430
MattNY91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
The financial crisis was caused by relaxed lending standards spearheaded by overzealous libbies. Go ahead and blame the banks like the other sheep, though.
lol seriously? You have to resort to name calling like "libbies" you sound just like everyone else who calls Obama a "communist" "Socialist"... You really think the Banks have nothing to do with the financial crisis? Get real, and the relaxed lending standards went bad under Bush. It started out with Clinton but Bush let businesses take advantage of it and his administration let them do whatever they wanted. You can also thank him for sending us to Iraq and cutting taxes during two wars..., real smart! We know how that all turned out.
__________________

BLACKDAHLIA liked this post

Last edited by MattNY91; October 20th, 2014 at 08:29 PM.
MattNY91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #1431
The Lion
Registered User
 
The Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 154
Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-biz View Post
I've never heard Alan Greenspan get called an overzealous libbie before... nice theory though.
Greenspan? I'm talking about Barney Frank and his minions, dog.
The Lion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #1432
BLACKDAHLIA
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Beautiful MALIBU/MIAMI
Posts: 32
Likes (Received): 106

"Even more disgusting is the fact that,for sure,you're gonna answer me under one of your multiple identities."
..........................................................................................................................
At least,poor people have the courage to fight adversity in order to survive.
Londoniumlex hide shamefully behind "Lion"and act like a rat.
__________________
__________________

MattNY91 liked this post
BLACKDAHLIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #1433
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx
 
Hudson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 9,517
Likes (Received): 22517



you know, i think they weren't lying when they said that they would give us something on par with other world icons. The height and design are there, it's just not isolated on the skyline.
__________________

iamtheSTIG, evioive liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 09:15 PM   #1434
SomeKindOfBug
Registered User
 
SomeKindOfBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,042
Likes (Received): 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
Most of the people laughing at that are left-wing extremists like yourself who, if given the chance, would tank economies.

It must suck being one of those very special lefties who hates bankers and corporate types. Do everyone a favor and boycott those bankers and corporate types by eschewing modern society and giving up your computer and internet access, which were both made possible by them. You might be happier, and the forum would be a better place.
Modern society was made possible by people eschewing traditionalist values, not embracing them. I mean, why invent computers in the first place? Why not support the sliderule industry? Why even have the internet at all when the post office is so important?

Computers and the internet and forums like these were made possible - and invented by - left-wing progressives who supported new ideas over the established rule. Have you been to Palo Alto recently? Silicon Valley is one of the most liberal places on Earth. How could you miss that fact?

I mean, the mental gymnastics you've gone through to paint corporations and banks as the foundations of modern society are incredibly worrisome. It's like you're completely detached from reality.

You think poor people are poor because they're lazy. You think corporations and banks are vitally important to modern society. You think people like Jamie Dimon are role models. Are you a troll account? Serious question. Because everything you say is so overwhelmingly Fox News that I can't imagine the sequence of events that lead you from your white suburban hellhole to an internet forum about architecture. Haven't you got a golf game to go to?
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #1435
LondoniumLex
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Greenwich
Posts: 1,773
Likes (Received): 2064

NY Guy pulled some nice images from SLG 's submissions to the city.

This tower will dwarf the ESB.



__________________
LondoniumLex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #1436
iamtheSTIG
Registered User
 
iamtheSTIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nottingham - The city of Robin Hood
Posts: 4,229
Likes (Received): 4488

it fits in perfectly! It really does scream New York, it fits in so well!
Didn't realise how much taller than ESB ot would be!
__________________
Aspiring property developer with major ambitions

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 10:56 PM   #1437
Vertical_Gotham
Registered User
 
Vertical_Gotham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,437
Likes (Received): 6488

Yes. Awesome!! at 1394' feet this sucker is going to look imposing in the skyline and will be an instant NEW YORK landmark. Certifiably and no questions about it. Just imagine the impact 432 Park has already in NYC and this is just as tall and heftier. One Vanderbilt and the Nordstrom will completely dominate midtown. I really like the design and love that this will add another OD for NYC to give everyone a different perspective of the city.

One Vanderbilt DEIS
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/env_...lt/01_deis.pdf





__________________
-------------------------



Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)

iamtheSTIG liked this post

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; October 20th, 2014 at 11:43 PM.
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #1438
iamtheSTIG
Registered User
 
iamtheSTIG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nottingham - The city of Robin Hood
Posts: 4,229
Likes (Received): 4488

I've added 111 West 57th, One57 and Tower Verre!

I made 111 half the width of 432; which from what I understand is its true width? If so, that's unreal - look:



I just wish it added another block to the West so that I could add Nordstrom!
__________________
Aspiring property developer with major ambitions

Check out my Instagram

Nottingham Interactive Development Map

Vertical_Gotham, MarshallKnight liked this post

Last edited by iamtheSTIG; October 21st, 2014 at 12:36 AM.
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #1439
MarshallKnight
Registered User
 
MarshallKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: From the Bay to L.A.
Posts: 2,341
Likes (Received): 3586

Fantastic, Stig! Agreed about the proportions on 111 -- absolutely bonkers.

Too bad we ran out of room on the left side of the diagram and can't include Nordstrom, which will be the real Goliath of the bunch.
__________________

iamtheSTIG liked this post
MarshallKnight está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:45 PM   #1440
Vertical_Gotham
Registered User
 
Vertical_Gotham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 4,437
Likes (Received): 6488

@stig

Don't forget Tower Verre silly!
__________________
-------------------------



Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
1 vanderbilt, 51 e.42nd st., midtown, new york, nyc, supertall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu