daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2015, 01:08 AM   #21
Zaz965
Je suis kanonirsss

Likes (Received): 27996

Congratulations Qingdao

djole13 liked this post
Zaz965 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2015, 11:43 AM   #22
arctic_carlos
Recondita armonia

Likes (Received): 3973

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Except the letter U. There are no cities that begin with the letter U that have a metro, though Urumqi is building one.
http://www.urbanrail.net/as/kr/uijeongbu/uijeongbu.htm

Although it's part of Seoul metro area, Uijeongbu has its own metro line (VAL).

Bertolt Brecht

Woonsocket54 liked this post
arctic_carlos está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2015, 05:06 PM   #23
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5767

I guess that counts. The following cities have metro stations or underground light rail stations, though they are parts of larger metro areas:
  • Union City, California
  • Union City, New Jersey
  • University City, Missouri
  • Urayasu, Japan
Woonsocket54 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 04:43 AM   #24
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likes (Received): 4436

Shandong's first metro!

Zaz965 liked this post
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2015, 02:14 PM   #25
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101838

Have you got closer pictures of the trains?

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2016, 10:41 AM   #26
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26160

In Qingado, passenger testing began on new tram in Chenyang district:
http://news.cqnews.net/html/2016-02/...t_36341567.htm
http://www.qdxin.cn/Fortune/2016/63291.html

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

oscaldd liked this post

Last edited by dimlys1994; February 28th, 2016 at 03:43 PM.
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2016, 05:23 PM   #27
dimlys1994

Tomorrow, trial operations begins on Chenyang tram in Qingdao:
http://www.sd.xinhuanet.com/sd/qd/20...1118233474.htm
http://club.bandao.cn/thread-7009256-1-1.html

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Zaz965, CarlosBlueDragon liked this post
Old March 5th, 2016, 10:04 AM   #28
toma.bacic

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
Tomorrow, trial operations begins on Chenyang tram in Qingdao:
This tram is hydrogen powered?

regards
toma.bacic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 10:05 AM   #29
dimlys1994

Two tram maps - from Baidu. Green line - planned line 7, yellow - line 10, blue - commuter rail line R2. Rail station on the left - is Chengyang station, which is u/c. It is part of Qingdao-Rongcheng Intercity Railway:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2876422608

And map on urbanrail.net:
http://www.urbanrail.net/as/cn/qing/qingdao-tram.htm

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 5th, 2016, 07:51 PM   #30
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

AFAIK that part of line 7 is already U/C. At first it will be operated as part of line 1, and then the section north of Xingguo Lu will break away and get extended to Ao Fan Zhongxin on line 2. The tram line will connect to it at Nongye Daxue stop (labelled in the map as Qingdao Agricultural University).

Also, it's me or there is a stop named Great Wall Road (Changcheng Lu)?
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

dimlys1994, Zaz965 liked this post
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2016, 10:04 PM   #31
dimlys1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by toma.bacic View Post

regards
Yes, it is

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

toma.bacic liked this post
Old March 6th, 2016, 11:19 AM   #32
dimlys1994

Qingdao tram:
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%9D...94%B5%E8%BD%A6

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Tramwayman, CarlosBlueDragon liked this post
Old March 6th, 2016, 03:09 PM   #33
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

If hydrogen powered ... Why is the pantograph visible on the cartenary at each picture?
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 12:25 AM   #34
Tramwayman
Trams the Best!!!

Likes (Received): 530

This is Skoda 27T according to Skoda.
Tramwayman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #35
dimlys1994

Actually, it's ForCity 15T, but again from Skoda. It was assembled here in CSR Qingdao Sifang (now called CRRC Qingdao Sifang)

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
Old March 7th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #36
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by toma.bacic View Post

regards
Quote:
Yes, it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dennis.Deng View Post
If hydrogen powered ... Why is the pantograph visible on the cartenary at each picture?
Quote:
Actually, it's ForCity 15T, but again from Skoda. It was assembled here in CSR Qingdao Sifang (now called CRRC Qingdao Sifang)
In 2013 Škoda has signed an agreement with Chinese CSR Sifang to produce Škoda 15Ts for the Chinese market under licence. The 10-year agreement could cover up to 400 trams.[14] The first unidirectional prototype was produced in 2014.[15]

In 2015 CSR Sifang unveiled new bi-directional tram based on 15T designated as 27T. This vehicle is 2,650 mm wide and is bidirectional. Apart from the traditional overhead line vehicle can be powered by battery, Supercapacitor or hydrogen-fuelled.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0koda_15_T

Ballard plans to develop a new prototype configuration of its FCvelocity® fuel cell module to deliver 200 kilowatts (kW) of net power for use in powering trams in urban deployments. An initial deployment of eight (8) fuel cell-powered trams is planned by CRRC Sifang and the City of Foshan on the Gaoming Line starting in 2017. ...

Mr. Xu Guo, Vice Mayor of the City of Foshan/Yunfu added, “Our planned move toward clean mass transit technology is being accelerated with this announcement of fuel cell-powered trams as well as our announcement of 300 fuel cell powered buses in Foshan/Yunfu. We have confidence that the consortium partners, including Ballard and CRRC Sifang, will effectively deliver ground-breaking solutions for the benefit of our Chinese citizens.”

- http://www.ballard.com/about-ballard...s09281501.aspx

dimlys1994 liked this post
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2016, 09:50 PM   #37
dimlys1994

Article on Qingdao tram opening:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/u...ram-route.html

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
Old April 1st, 2016, 08:30 AM   #38
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

QINGDAO | Public Transport

Well guys ... I have just been to Qingdao, and I still don't understand why a fuel cell line ...

a) would fully be equipped with cartenary, for the COMPLETE route and
b) trams would use the pantograph for the COMPLETE route

I honestly think, there is some wrong information circulating ... maybe it is mixed up, because both trams are manufactured in Qingdao ?

Last edited by Dr.Dennis.Deng; April 3rd, 2016 at 11:15 AM.
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 05:22 AM   #39
Anthony Parrington

Likes (Received): 2

As a Postgraduate in Materials Science and Engineering who has been investigating various: Hydrogen vehicles; Hydrogen production processes; and the design of Hydrogen vehicle refuelling infrastructure [i.e cars, buses, and trams] in my research dissertation, I have also expressed an interest in this project and have been actively seeking additional information that may assist me to complete my work.

The CRRC Qingdao Sifang fuel cell tram is therefore quite an interesting example of emerging tram technology, and whilst I have not visited Qingdao to discuss the project with the Chief Engineer in person, I have made multiple attempts to learn about the system dynamics of the tram, as well as the scale of the refuelling infrastructure to facilitate its operation. To date this has been predominantly through some international students who have studied at my University (and who also hail from Qingdao), but also through some international colleagues in the Hydrogen standards, and safety area, whom I met at the 2015 WHTC Sydney event.

On this basis I could comment on the speculation on whether the orange CRRC Qingdao Sifang carriage depicted above, is the same prototype model tram as documented in another thread [attached], but also whether the catenary / pantograph system is required for the f.c. trams operation, or not. Therefore I would speculate that the production model may use both a catenary system, and the fuel cell electric drive for the tram, but if someone else can clarify this matter categorically, I am sure that other members of the international Hydrogen community would also be interested in viewing a comprehensive case study on this project.

Thus after comparing the performance characteristics of the Ballard fuel cells that are employed in various hybrid fuel cell bus projects around the world, with the stated performance characteristics of the prototype f.c. tram, my understanding is that the prototype tram consumes around 1000kg of Hydrogen to travel 100km, with a refuelling time of three minutes. This information is attributed to the Chief Engineer Mr Liang Jianying of the CSR Qingdao Sifang company, although subsequently the CSR Qingdoa Sifang company has merged with another state run enterprise to become CRRC Sifang, so it is unclear whether the same team remains in place in the new company structure.

As for the Hydrogen refuelling capability stated, this directly relates to my studies, as a fleet of 8 - 10 trams would require a large refuelling station to keep them in operation. Moreover in considering how large this would need to be, the rough numbers indicate a refuelling infrastructure an order of magnitude larger than that put in place by Air Products for the BC Transit Hydrogen bus project deployed during the Vancouver Winter Olympics, which was the world largest with a reported refuelling rate of 45kg of gaseous Hydrogen per bus in 10 minutes, repeated sequentially for the 18 buses in daily operation [Eudy, Post, 2014].

Furthermore in considering the size and/or quantity of Hydrogen tanks required to hold 1000kg of Hydrogen for the tram, vs 56kg employed by the BC Transit fuel cell bus, the stated refuelling times of three minutes seems implausible, as there are only a few manufacturers in the world who make Hydrogen refuelling equipment, and thus the performance characteristics of this equipment is governed by engineering standards that ensure a safe refuelling operation. This was the thinking of an international expert in Hydrogen safety standards, although if someone involved in the project can clarify then I would be most interested in how the CSR / CRRC engineers have solved the problem.

So based on my research thus far, there is indeed a prototype f.c. tram in operation in the Qingdao / Foshan area, although I have a number of questions myself on whether the tram employs liquid, or gaseous Hydrogen in it's operation to meet the stated refuelling performance criteria, and range. This may explain the possibility of having a mix of old, and new technologies in the production model, as this would facilitate a greater range for a loaded tram, as opposed to the performance characteristics / criteria evaluated in an engineering model for a multi-modal refuelling infrastructure to service buses, cars, and trams.

Hopefully others can comment on a similarly informed basis.

Link to Skyscraper city page - Transport miejski i regionalny Komunikacja zbiorowa oraz rowerowa, post by Jatal on 23rd March , 2015

Anthony Parrington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2016, 01:17 PM   #40
Gag Halfrunt

Likes (Received): 27

Foshan is a city in Guangdong Province, nowhere near Qingdao. Yunfu is immediately to the west of Foshan.

Perhaps you were confused because Ballard datelined their press release as "VANCOUVER, CANADA and QINGDAO & FOSHAN, CHINA".
Gag Halfrunt no está en línea   Reply With Quote