daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #21
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5797

Longitudinal seating - would that be a first for China metros?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #22
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Longitudinal seating - would that be a first for China metros?
I think longitudinal seating is seating along the sides, which is very common in China's metros.

The seating arrangement on the last pictures of the previous page (transverse seating arrangement) is not very common in China's metros, but I don't know if it's a first.

Last edited by Silly_Walks; June 20th, 2013 at 01:26 AM.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #23
saiho

Likes (Received): 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
I think longitudinal seating is seating along the sides, which is very common in China's metros.
Yes.

Quote:
The seating arrangement on the last pictures of the previous page (transverse seating arrangement) is not very common in China's metros, but I don't know if it's a first.
Shanghai metro line 16 opening this year will have it. I think that is the first.

Last edited by saiho; July 11th, 2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: formatting
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #24
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Shen Zhen line 6 should connect to Dong Guan R2 and Shen Zhen line 11 should connect to Dong Guan R1. Shen Zhen's Long Quan line should connect to Hui Zhou
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #25
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunming tiger View Post
Shen Zhen line 6 should connect to Dong Guan R2 and Shen Zhen line 11 should connect to Dong Guan R1. Shen Zhen's Long Quan line should connect to Hui Zhou
Cool, thanks!

Do you know which Guangzhou metro lines will connect with Dongguan metro?
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #26
kunming tiger

Guangzhou Dongguan metro link

My best guess would be an extension of Guangzhou line 5 east to the Huangpu port area or a link to the proposed Guangzhou line 21 somewhere along the Dongjiang river. Both projects are in the planning stage waiting approval. That's speculation but they are the only lines running eastward towards Dongguan. In the case of line 5 the proposed 10 km extension eastwards should take it to the river more or less.
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #27
kunming tiger

http://http://szdaily.sznews.com/htm...nt_2048301.htm
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #28
dandmcd

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Cool, thanks!

Do you know which Guangzhou metro lines will connect with Dongguan metro?
Dongguan metro will connect somewhere probably either along Line 13 near Xintang, or along Line 5 when it gets extended. If the extension is ever completed, it won't be happening anytime soon. Maybe in 7 to 10 years.

They are building the intercity railway that goes between the 3 cities, which has a major hub in Xintang (I believe may be renamed the Dongguan Railway Station), which is a new station being built along Line 13 and 16. This line will extend from the Baiyun Airport all the way to Shenzhen when completed with lots of stops in between. I think that alone is a very impressive new system being built, and will interchange with many subway lines between the 3 cities. The trains will be higher speed, but they want to keep the costs below 30 RMB.

Last edited by dandmcd; July 11th, 2013 at 06:24 PM.
dandmcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #29
kunming tiger

Construction schedule for the Dongguan Metro lines

1. R2 pharse one ,two 2011 to 2015 37.42 kms
2. R1 phrase one 2012 to 2017 58.29 km ??
3. R3 phrase one 2014 to 2019 52.05 kms
4. R2 phrase three 2016 to 2019 16.53 kms
5. R3 phrase three 2018 to 2021 14.17 kms

The last part of R1 which would connect to GZ line 5 has no date of completion R4 has neither a start date or a completion date.
http://http://www.dggdjt.com/publicf...01306/823.html

Highcliff liked this post
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #30
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

Quote:
Originally Posted by everywhere View Post
I do forgot that Foshan metro/subway system is also connected to Guangzhou metro.

Meaning that should be Guangzhou-Foshan-Shenzhen-Dongguan-Hongkong-Zhuhai-Zhongshan-Macau integrated metro system.
I am really amazed and impressed that many subway system networks will be connected at same time....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #31
kunming tiger

Zhong Shan, Zhu Hai and Hui Zhou metros are in the planning stage only so that would be a long term plan. If it eventuates then yeah it would a wonder of engineering.

Old July 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #32
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

a interesting map showing dongguan and neighbor cities....

http://canspeccy.blogspot.com.br/201...ties-into.html
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #33
dandmcd

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcliff View Post
a interesting map showing dongguan and neighbor cities....
That map is already out-of-date even with its already impressive population numbers. Guanghou now stands at 13.3 mil according to reports I have read. Dongguan also has a local population of 7 mil, but one number that is not tallied in there is the number of migrants working there, who are not registered in the city and haven't taken part of any census. Many estimates put the real population in Dongguan around 10 to 13 million people. The population size is incredible.

In recent news, there are plans now for a branch line to connect to the GZ-DG-SZ line beginning somewhere along Line 8, likely Pazhou, running through the Higher Education Mega Center, and continuing east to southeast. That would place the current Line 4, under construction Line 7, and future line 12 (which some stations were designed expecting this line to be built), and the connection to the intercity metro line all within the University Island making it a popular hub for long-distance metro traveling.

Last edited by dandmcd; July 14th, 2013 at 01:00 PM.
dandmcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #34
kunming tiger

Shenzhen, Dongguan and Huizhou metro connectivity by 2020.http://http://www.thenanfang.com/blo...n-and-huizhou/
Old September 15th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #35
saiho

Likes (Received): 1305

Quote:
Shenzhen, Dongguan and Huizhou metro connectivity by 2020.http://http://www.thenanfang.com/blo...n-and-huizhou/
broken link for me
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #36
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1938

Quote:
Shenzhen, Dongguan and Huizhou metro connectivity by 2020.http://www.thenanfang.com/blog/sz-me...n-and-huizhou/
FTFY. Make sure you select the "http://" when pasting a link to replace that, otherwise it messes up.

By the way, four lines are very few for what I hope for a Chinese city. I'm sure they will revise the plans and come up with at least 200 km. Combined with Guangzhou and Shenzhen (And a few other cities more), the Pearl River Delta metro is going to be a monster!
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

saiho, big-dog liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #37
kunming tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
FTFY. Make sure you select the "http://" when pasting a link to replace that, otherwise it messes up.

By the way, four lines are very few for what I hope for a Chinese city. I'm sure they will revise the plans and come up with at least 200 km. Combined with Guangzhou and Shenzhen (And a few other cities more), the Pearl River Delta metro is going to be a monster!
Thanks for the heads up.
Old September 16th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #38
kunming tiger

By 2020 Shenzhen’s Metro system will be directly linked to both Dongguan and Huizhou, futher increasing the ease of travel between the cities of the Pearl River Delta after the first phase of the high-speed railway was introduced in 2011.

Leaders of the three cities signed the pact last week that means Shenzhen Metro lines 6 and 11 will connect with the R1 and R3 lines respectively in Dongguan while the existing Longgang Line, and future Line 12, will be extended to Huizhou, Shenzhen Daily reports.

The paper has more:

According to the memorandum for rail project cooperation, Metro Line 11 will provide an express link between Futian CBD and the Shenzhen airport, while Line 6 will link the airport with Longhua and Guangming new areas and will be extended to link up with Dongguan’s rail system. The Longgang Line will be extended to the Pingdi and Kengzi areas, under future plans that also include the link with Huizhou. The projects are expected to further facilitate the integration of the three cities.

The Special Zone Daily reported yesterday that since the new lines were added ahead of 2011 Universiade, the number of people using the metro in Shenzhen has quadrupled. It looks like the local government is banking on its continued growth

www.thenanfang.com
Old December 26th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #39
big-dog

Likes (Received): 6840

Dongguan metro R2 train

R2 will open in 2015

by 莞香花开

Zaz965 liked this post
big-dog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #40
kunming tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post

The word monster is an appropiate word that sums up the combined metros of the PDR.

Tags
metro, rail