daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #41
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5764

Don't you mean PRD (Pearl River Delta)? The PDR is something else in Laos.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #42
saiho

Likes (Received): 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
Dongguan metro R2 train

by 莞香花开
That's got to be the ugliest metro train in China right now. It's on par with the Nanjing metro line 3 trains.

Zaz965 liked this post
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #43
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

Do you know what fare cards DG Metro will be using?
Will it be Lingnang Tong or Shenzhen Tong?
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:14 PM   #44
jason102

Likes (Received): 45

Hi all,

I'm trying to find the latest map for the Dongguan Metro system. Is the map posted at the beginning of this thread, which says was created in 2011, the latest map out there?

I found this map (not a diagram), which shows the lines where they'll actually appear in Dongguan: http://map.dg.bendibao.com/ditie/

However, this one seems a little old - it doesn't have the southern R4 branch connecting to Shenzhen.

Anyone know where I can find the latest official long-term planning map?
jason102 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2014, 04:26 PM   #45
jason102

Likes (Received): 45

Hello all Dongguan Metro fans!

I've updated my Google Map future metro line map viewer to show, based on the current plans (and some educated guesses), where the lines and stations will be:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...MapViewer.html

Drag the time scrubber/slider at the top to go forward and back in time. If you're in China, you may need a VPN/proxy to load Google Maps.

Resources Used:
The best urban planning map I could find of Dongguan showing the metro lines: http://map.dg.bendibao.com/ditie/
Same site with links to descriptions of when the lines will be built (and thus when we can expect them to open): http://dg.bendibao.com/z/dgdt/
Dongguan Rail Transit Company official website: http://www.dggdjt.com/
Baike page with a diagram: http://baike.baidu.com/link?url=-0r7...gG-E2Pu_J2kO1q
Wikipedia page with another diagram: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dongguan_Rail_Transit
Another set of maps: http://dg.bendibao.com/traffic/20119...ffic63949.shtm

Comments:
- I had a Chinese friend help me search Dongguan's official government urban planning website (http://dggh.dg.gov.cn/), but we couldn't find any good master planning map. If anyone can find the latest official map (NOT a diagram), let me know.
- Almost all of the resources above seemed to contradict each other. I tried my best to make educated guesses, based on geographical distances and sense, as to what lines went where, how the metro is supposed to connect up with Shenzhen's, and station names/locations.
- In the Google Map satellite imagery that loads, notice that you can see some of the stations already being built for the R2 line. The Donghui Intercity Line (which turns into the Fodong Intercity Line further west) construction is also evident at metro stations such as Dongcheng South on the R1 line (immediately east of downtown Dongguan). Will this intercity line be entirely underground – almost like some kind of super subway???? Refer to this map (also listed above) to match the stations of this intercity line on the map with the satellite imagery to see the construction sites: http://map.dg.bendibao.com/ditie/
- Unfortunately, as again all the resources available seem to disagree with each other, I couldn't really pinpoint where the stations should go on the southern branch of the R4 line, which will link up with Shenzhen Metro at the Mission Hills golf resort area. The Wiki diagram shows some stations, and while I was able to find some streets in the area with those names, geographically and according to the satellite imagery it just doesn't make sense, so I left that line blank except for the Guanguang Rd station. Obviously that particular diagram will have to be corrected in the future.
- You can correctly guess that eventually Dongguan wants the R3 line to connect up with Huizhou Metro (a total of 7 lines being planned) – the route should seem obvious.
- Is it just me, or does Dongguan and Shenzhen have size proportion issues?? These R lines are super super long when compared to the Shenzhen Metro lines! What gives!?

See my post for the Shenzhen part: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=512

In addition, to view the satellite imagery aligned properly with the map, use ditu.google.com or ditu.google.cn. You'll have to clear your browser's cookies and cache in case you've already “upgraded” to the “new” Google Maps (it redirects you to maps.google.com, argh!!!). Do some searches to figure out how to do that.

If anyone cares, here's a slightly outdated (but still very impressive) diagram of the entire to-link-up Pearl River Delta region metro system - over 2000km of subways/metro systems are officially planned: http://www.ditiezu.com/thread-223444-1-1.html

My goal is to add all the long-term metro lines so that in the end we'll be able to see all of China light up in a blaze of metro glory! That said, I'm looking for people to help me work on this!
Adding the lines and stations take a long time, and I know there are other people out there who 1) know these things better than I do, and 2) can fluently read Chinese in order to do these Chinese searches for the required information. Unfortunately, because of my own personal career change coming up and the Chinese Spring Festival holiday, I'm not going to be able to do much more work to this in the near future. Huizhou Metro should be the next one to add.

Please send me a message or post in the following Creative Corner 2D Drawings thread so we can get in touch if you're interested in helping!:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post110358309

The above thread also has information related to the technical aspects of this software.

Be a part of creating THE MASTER PLAN - CHINA: 2030!

big-dog, Swede, dandmcd liked this post

Last edited by jason102; January 22nd, 2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added the Shenzhen post link
jason102 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:35 PM   #46
chornedsnorkack

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason102 View Post
- Is it just me, or does Dongguan and Shenzhen have size proportion issues?? These R lines are super super long when compared to the Shenzhen Metro lines! What gives!?
Shenzhen spans 2050 square km, and has as of 2010 census 10 357 000 residents.
Dongguan spans 2465 square km, and has as of 2010 census 8 220 000 people.
Regarding the distribution:
Shenzhen consists of 10 districts. Dongguan consists of 4 subdistricts and 28 towns.
2 of the 10 districts of Shenzhen - Futian and Luohu - have over 10 000 people per square km. They are contiguous, so they have 2,24 million people on 158 square km. 3 more districts - Nanshan, Baoan, Longhua - have over 5000 per square km, and are also contiguous, so these 5 districts have 7,35 million people on a contiguous area of 917 square km.
Dongguan has 1 district - Guancheng - and 1 town - Shilong - with over 10 000 per square km - but these two are not contiguous, and neither of them has as much as 163 000 people.
There are 4 more towns with over 5000 per square km. But only 3 of the 6 are contiguous: Gaobu, Shijie and Shilong have just 606 000 people combined on 77 square km. Changan is the biggest town, with 664 000 people on 98 square km, but it is contiguous with Shenzhen not Dongguan.

So... Dongguan does not have a large dense centre like Shenzhen that would justify short, high volume metro lines. What Dongguan does need is long distance lines to connect far scattered but individually important centres.

How should Changan be connected to Shenzhen?

kunming tiger liked this post

Last edited by chornedsnorkack; January 23rd, 2014 at 12:44 PM.
chornedsnorkack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2014, 03:02 AM   #47
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

Which farecard system with DG Metro use?
Old January 24th, 2014, 04:19 AM   #48
dandmcd

Likes (Received): 12

Dongguan will eventually support Yangchengtong cards on their bus system, the same one that is used in Guangzhou and Foshan. The metro will surely use the same system, especially since they plan to have lines connecting Shenzhen and Guangzhou. Shenzhen also will support Yangchengtong in the coming year or 2.
dandmcd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #49
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5764

Dongguan metro rolling stock

Source: http://www.gaoloumi.com/viewthread.p...&extra=&page=1

dimlys1994, BIFC, big-dog, aerok13, geometarkv and 3 others liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:35 AM   #50
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

In December 8, 2014, 2 lines of Bashan beauty station to station interval Exhibition Center (hereinafter referred to as "Shan development zone") right line tunnel shield machine cutter smoothly get rid of Shan Mei station continuous wall, into the set in hanging out of steel sleeve wells, marking the line No. 2 tunnel of Dongguan Metro achieve completed, realize the dream of getting closer.
In December 9th 11, No. 2 line tunnel through the site ceremony held in Shan Mei station. Municipal Standing Committee, executive vice mayor Zhang Ke attended the meeting and announced the "Rail Transit Line 2 line tunnel through", suddenly, Shan Mei station at applause, cheers caper, celebrate all tunnel smoothly through. Deputy Secretary City Hall long Luo Bin presided over the ceremony, city track office, city live built bureau, Houjie Town, East Group, Orbital Corporation and some people in charge of the construction unit construction personnel to witness this historical moment.
At the scene, the Municipal Standing Committee, executive vice mayor Zhang Ke stressed, line 2 to achieve full line tunnel through is an important milepost in our city orbit transportation construction history, has laid the solid foundation for our city into the era of rail transit. Zhang Ke pointed out that, to achieve the opening of line 2, the trial operation of the task is arduous, the responsibility is significant, far-reaching influence, we need to pay more hard work, take effective measures, strengthen process management, ensure the quality and safety, further clear and realize one by one line No. 2 "rail transit", "follow-up", Dentsu "debugging" and other important node target. I hope the community will continue to care for, support and help the construction of Dongguan rail transit, the hope that the relevant units continue to climb the spirit, active high morale, pursuit across the courage, to promote our city track transportation development, promote economic and social development in Dongguan and city transformation and upgrading to make greater contribution to.
Dongshi Group Chairman and Orbital Corporation chairman Paul Liu pointed out, Dongguan Rail Transit Line 2, the first phase of the project (Dongguan Railway Station to Humen train station) a total length of 37.8 km, which line of 33.8 kilometers long, elevated 3.6 kilometers long, the ground line and the transition section is 0.4 km long. Starting in Shilong Town, West Lake, Dongcheng, PR, by Dasan, Nancheng, Houjie, stop in the Baisha village Humen town. According to the geological conditions along the line, off line using shield method and mine method of two kinds of construction method, wherein the shield construction of 46540.5 single Yanmi, mining method in the construction of 11882.8 single meter. Because of rich groundwater, shifting sand, silt along the whole section, hard rock, soft and hard and boulders and other geological condition is complex and changeable, and tunnel construction need to pass through the DN2200 water supply pipe, gas pipe, high tower, cold river, fault zone and many other pipeline, building structure and complex formation, the project risk is high, the difficulty of construction large, involving a wide range of. Since the construction started in March 26, 2010, the company from top to bottom together, combined with design, construction, supervision and construction units, seize every minute, push aside all obstacles and difficulties, and finally achieve all No. 2 line through the tunnel, for the opening of line 2, the trial operation of laying the foundation.
According to statistics, a total of 18 province, city of Dongguan rail transit media reporter Sharon members participated in the event, the company deputy general manager Zhang Yanping, engineering director Li Haifeng, civil engineer room manager Wang Xiaozhong accepted the media interview respectively.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:39 AM   #51
kunming tiger

Could any tell us approx how far Dongguan railway station and Humen train station are from the borders of GZ and SZ respectively?

It seem the tunneling phrase has been completed.
Old February 18th, 2015, 12:11 PM   #52
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I'm awaiting a revision of Dongguan metro plans. The plans of the surrounding cities are already impressive (Guangzhou has 21 lines, Shenzhen 20, Foshan 8, Huizhou 7, Zhongshan and Zhuhai 5), why Dongguan (still) has only 4 lines in their plans? It's too few, especially taking into account it is between Guangzhou and Shenzhen...
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 04:57 PM   #53
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
especially taking into account it is between Guangzhou and Shenzhen...
Perhaps it's because it is in between Guangzhou and Shenzhen. It is always over-shadowed by its bigger brothers, and can never turn into a fully functioning large city because of it.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 07:45 PM   #54
kunming tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
Perhaps it's because it is in between Guangzhou and Shenzhen. It is always over-shadowed by its bigger brothers, and can never turn into a fully functioning large city because of it.
True indeed somewhat of a small gear in a large machine vitally important while at the same time largely overlooked at least in the context of its metro system.

Silly_Walks liked this post
Old February 18th, 2015, 07:55 PM   #55
kunming tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I'm awaiting a revision of Dongguan metro plans. The plans of the surrounding cities are already impressive (Guangzhou has 21 lines, Shenzhen 20, Foshan 8, Huizhou 7, Zhongshan and Zhuhai 5), why Dongguan (still) has only 4 lines in their plans? It's too few, especially taking into account it is between Guangzhou and Shenzhen...
Do you have any idea when the metro systems of Zhong Shan, Zhu Hai and Hui Zhou might start construction? It seems logical that they will continue to extend Dongguan R2 in both directions to connect with the metro systems of GZ
and SZ?
Old March 21st, 2015, 09:45 AM   #56
kunming tiger

进入2015年以来, 2号线车站机电设备安装装修工程稳步推进,部分车站的装修效果已见雏形,车站“香都映像”的设计理念逐步呈现。
2月5日上午,东莞轨道交通记者沙龙活动在茶山站举行,南方日报、南方都市报、东莞日报、东莞电视台等省市媒体记者约25人走进茶山站施工现场,参观车站机电设备安装装修情况。在现场,公司总工程师胡文伟接受了媒体的采访,详细介绍全线土建工程、铺轨、设备安装装修进度等情况,并回答了记者关心的问题。(党群监察部 林培鑫/文 梁兆轩/摄影)

Enter since 2015, Metro Line 2 station electrical and mechanical equipment installation and decoration works steadily, part of the station decoration effect has been taking shape, the design concept of the station "incense image" gradually.
The morning of February 5th, the Dongguan track traffic reporter salon held in Chashan station, southern daily, Southern Metropolis Daily, Dongguan daily, Dongguan TV and other provinces and cities of media reporters about 25 people entered the Chashan station construction site, visit the station electrical and mechanical equipment installation and decoration. At the scene, chief engineer Hu Wenwei accepted the media interview, details of all projects, track laying, equipment installation and decoration progress, and answered a reporter to concern.
Old March 21st, 2015, 10:23 AM   #57
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26148

New metro map on urbanrail.net:

VECTROTALENZIS, Zaz965 liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 03:13 PM   #58
kunming tiger

hopefully phase R2 will extend the line to SZ