daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #21
endar
someah sareng kayungyun

Likes (Received): 8081

i love
Burj Al Arab-Dubai

spurce

source
endar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #22
endar
someah sareng kayungyun

Likes (Received): 8081

I also love Regatta Residence-Jakarta

source

source

source
endar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #23
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Ok...no comment...I just don't get it.
What I meant was that not only is the Slaughterhotel the ugliest building in the world, it is also the ugliest object in the world with the distance between the Slaughterhotel and the second ugliest object in the world (which is a turd) being greater than the distance between Bonnie Wright and a Pripyat Burer

Last edited by Kanto; June 12th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #24
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Too bad you never bothered to explain why Not that I expect you to do it. I Think I know you just enough...

@ThatOneGuy its funny how you are surprised
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #25
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Right... posts like that with huge pointless pictures should be deleted.

@patrykus
I AM surprised!! I've never seen such a harsh reaction to the Ryugyong! It's like someone calling, say, the Empire State Building the ugliest object in the world, to me.

Another beauty to grace this earth:
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #26
patrykus

Let me precise: it is funny how you are surprised at delusional Kanto's judgment

About delusional opinions: ask him what he would do with North Korea if he had enough power

Oh and btw Kanto, what about the buildings that you haven't seen? Surely Ryugyong Hotel is more beautiful than some of them.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Last edited by patrykus; June 12th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #27
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Too bad you never bothered to explain why Not that I expect you to do it. I Think I know you just enough...

@ThatOneGuy its funny how you are surprised
Why? Because it hasn't got a single major right angle, because it has huge wings instead of a compact shape, because it has 3 wings and I hate when structures utilize the number 3, because it has a cone on the top, which is by far the geometric shape that I hate most, because it appears to be fat .... There, were that enough reasons?
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #28
patrykus

Enough reasons to call it bad and to don't like it. But not enough to call it the worst building on earth (while you not even seen all of them) , not to mention the worst thing lol. Oh and you say its fat and you don't like it's shape? I thought you like pyramids and burj khalifa.

As you compare it to turd I guess you would rather chose to live with pigs than in this building even if it was build in your country by the private developer, right?

Old June 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #29
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Enough reasons to call it bad and to don't like it. But not enough to call it the worst building on earth (while you not even seen all of them) , not to mention the worst thing lol. Oh and you say its fat and you don't like it's shape? I thought you like pyramids and burj khalifa.

As you compare it to turd I guess you would rather chose to live with pigs than in this building even if it was build in your country by the private developer, right?
I would rather live with pigs than in this abomination as far as aesthetics are concerned. but at the end I would still rather live in the Slaughterhotel because of the disgusting smell of living with pigs. Also, I forgot to add that reasons aren't just single facts, they have a scale. And in every reason I gave the Slaughterhotel has the absolute maximum ugly value

As to not have seen all buildings in the world. I can imagine a wide array of different shapes. And I can't imagine a shape uglier than the shape of the Slaughterhotel

And btw, the Pyramids at Giza and Burj Khalifa have only one of the above mentioned factors of uglyness, but also have major factors of beauty, which more than make up for their factor of uglyness
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #30
patrykus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
but at the end I would still rather live in the Slaughterhotel because of the disgusting smell of living with pigs.
Whait, you said this is worse than shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
As to not have seen all buildings in the world. I can imagine a wide array of different shapes. And I can't imagine a shape uglier than the shape of the Slaughterhotel
And that is definition of bias... You have to have huge imagination to be able to imagine all possible buildings and to judge this is the ugliest one.

Last edited by patrykus; June 12th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #31
ThatOneGuy

@Kanto That building I showed you in Tirana had no 90 degree angles... and is a cone... It is extremely fat for its height...

Are you sure its not just because its in North Korea?

Another beautiful building:
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #32
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Yes, I am sure. The Tirana building you showed me is a lowrise, therefore the fat factor doesn't apply. It is not a cone since it has ridges, therefore the cone factor doesn't apply. Its wings are minimal compared to the huge wings of the Slaughterhotel, so the wing factor doesn't apply. And finaly, it doesn't use the number 3, in its design, so even this factor doesn't apply
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #33
ThatOneGuy

So if the Ryugyong's top had some ridges, it would not be a cone?
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #34
Kanto
Roof height crusader

If the ridges would be sufficiently deep, like in the case of the Tirana pyramid, I wouldn't consider it a cone. Additionally, I have forgotten to mention one more reason why I hate the Slaughterhotel, I hate when a building has a thicker part above a thinner part, for example like many observation/TV towers do. The cone of the Slaughterhotel is thicker than the part below it
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #35
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學

Likes (Received): 336

BOC, 2IFC, Chrysler, Woolworth, SWFC, Jin Mao, Sears, former WTC and ESB.
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #36
ThatOneGuy

@Kanto Fair enough. Everyone has their opinion.
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #37
ThatOneGuy

Another one of my favorites is the CN Tower
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #38
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Kanto... you are definitely an interesting one. I am not sure whether you have strange tastes or possess some undiscovered knowledge that could save mankind.

I will never understand how you can dislike the Chrysler building, but if you save the world, I will let it slide
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #39
patrykus

I see there is growing religion around this "interesting" person already

As for saving the world, there will definitely won't be mercy for north korea

Old June 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #40
ThatOneGuy

Dare you dishonor grorious leader?!

Tags
skyscrapers