daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #21
endar
someah sareng kayungyun
 
endar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pasunda'an
Posts: 32,910
Likes (Received): 8081

i love
Burj Al Arab-Dubai

spurce


















source
__________________
A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within
-Will Durant-
__________________________________________
endar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #22
endar
someah sareng kayungyun
 
endar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pasunda'an
Posts: 32,910
Likes (Received): 8081

I also love Regatta Residence-Jakarta







source





source





source
__________________
A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within
-Will Durant-
__________________________________________
endar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #23
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Ok...no comment...I just don't get it.
What I meant was that not only is the Slaughterhotel the ugliest building in the world, it is also the ugliest object in the world with the distance between the Slaughterhotel and the second ugliest object in the world (which is a turd) being greater than the distance between Bonnie Wright and a Pripyat Burer



__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/

Last edited by Kanto; June 12th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #24
patrykus
Registered User
 
patrykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,778
Likes (Received): 1794

Too bad you never bothered to explain why Not that I expect you to do it. I Think I know you just enough...

@ThatOneGuy its funny how you are surprised
__________________
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #25
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,479

Right... posts like that with huge pointless pictures should be deleted.

@patrykus
I AM surprised!! I've never seen such a harsh reaction to the Ryugyong! It's like someone calling, say, the Empire State Building the ugliest object in the world, to me.

Another beauty to grace this earth:
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #26
patrykus
Registered User
 
patrykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,778
Likes (Received): 1794

Let me precise: it is funny how you are surprised at delusional Kanto's judgment

About delusional opinions: ask him what he would do with North Korea if he had enough power


Oh and btw Kanto, what about the buildings that you haven't seen? Surely Ryugyong Hotel is more beautiful than some of them.
__________________
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C


Last edited by patrykus; June 12th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #27
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Too bad you never bothered to explain why Not that I expect you to do it. I Think I know you just enough...

@ThatOneGuy its funny how you are surprised
Why? Because it hasn't got a single major right angle, because it has huge wings instead of a compact shape, because it has 3 wings and I hate when structures utilize the number 3, because it has a cone on the top, which is by far the geometric shape that I hate most, because it appears to be fat .... There, were that enough reasons?
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #28
patrykus
Registered User
 
patrykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,778
Likes (Received): 1794

Enough reasons to call it bad and to don't like it. But not enough to call it the worst building on earth (while you not even seen all of them) , not to mention the worst thing lol. Oh and you say its fat and you don't like it's shape? I thought you like pyramids and burj khalifa.

As you compare it to turd I guess you would rather chose to live with pigs than in this building even if it was build in your country by the private developer, right?
__________________
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #29
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Enough reasons to call it bad and to don't like it. But not enough to call it the worst building on earth (while you not even seen all of them) , not to mention the worst thing lol. Oh and you say its fat and you don't like it's shape? I thought you like pyramids and burj khalifa.

As you compare it to turd I guess you would rather chose to live with pigs than in this building even if it was build in your country by the private developer, right?
I would rather live with pigs than in this abomination as far as aesthetics are concerned. but at the end I would still rather live in the Slaughterhotel because of the disgusting smell of living with pigs. Also, I forgot to add that reasons aren't just single facts, they have a scale. And in every reason I gave the Slaughterhotel has the absolute maximum ugly value

As to not have seen all buildings in the world. I can imagine a wide array of different shapes. And I can't imagine a shape uglier than the shape of the Slaughterhotel

And btw, the Pyramids at Giza and Burj Khalifa have only one of the above mentioned factors of uglyness, but also have major factors of beauty, which more than make up for their factor of uglyness
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #30
patrykus
Registered User
 
patrykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,778
Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
but at the end I would still rather live in the Slaughterhotel because of the disgusting smell of living with pigs.
Whait, you said this is worse than shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
As to not have seen all buildings in the world. I can imagine a wide array of different shapes. And I can't imagine a shape uglier than the shape of the Slaughterhotel
And that is definition of bias... You have to have huge imagination to be able to imagine all possible buildings and to judge this is the ugliest one.
__________________
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C


Last edited by patrykus; June 12th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.
patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #31
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,479

@Kanto That building I showed you in Tirana had no 90 degree angles... and is a cone... It is extremely fat for its height...

Are you sure its not just because its in North Korea?

Another beautiful building:
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #32
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

Yes, I am sure. The Tirana building you showed me is a lowrise, therefore the fat factor doesn't apply. It is not a cone since it has ridges, therefore the cone factor doesn't apply. Its wings are minimal compared to the huge wings of the Slaughterhotel, so the wing factor doesn't apply. And finaly, it doesn't use the number 3, in its design, so even this factor doesn't apply
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #33
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,479

So if the Ryugyong's top had some ridges, it would not be a cone?
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #34
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

If the ridges would be sufficiently deep, like in the case of the Tirana pyramid, I wouldn't consider it a cone. Additionally, I have forgotten to mention one more reason why I hate the Slaughterhotel, I hate when a building has a thicker part above a thinner part, for example like many observation/TV towers do. The cone of the Slaughterhotel is thicker than the part below it
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #35
HK999
University of HK / 香港大學
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hong Kong SAR / 香港特區
Posts: 3,389
Likes (Received): 336

BOC, 2IFC, Chrysler, Woolworth, SWFC, Jin Mao, Sears, former WTC and ESB.
__________________
Sapientia et Virtus 明德格物
Industrial Organization, MSc
HK999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #36
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,479

@Kanto Fair enough. Everyone has their opinion.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #37
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,479

Another one of my favorites is the CN Tower
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #38
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen
 
iloveclassicrock7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,311
Likes (Received): 246

Kanto... you are definitely an interesting one. I am not sure whether you have strange tastes or possess some undiscovered knowledge that could save mankind.

I will never understand how you can dislike the Chrysler building, but if you save the world, I will let it slide
__________________
Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.- George Orwell
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #39
patrykus
Registered User
 
patrykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,778
Likes (Received): 1794

I see there is growing religion around this "interesting" person already

As for saving the world, there will definitely won't be mercy for north korea
__________________
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #40
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!
 
ThatOneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto - Bucharest - Freeport
Posts: 21,479

Dare you dishonor grorious leader?!
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
skyscrapers

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu