daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway

Norway » Oslo | Trondheim

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2010, 05:18 AM   #361
Hansadyret

Likes (Received): 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoks007 View Post
I sitting with a feeling this might slower the progress of the Mindetunnel, if getting built... Do it once, and do it right.
Agree

The only problem is money they would have to increase tolls since most of the finances allready goes to other projects.
Hansadyret no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 10th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #362
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Potential toll ring around Molde to enable 2 billion NOK of roading in the town.

http://www.rbnett.no/lokal/molde/art...4.ece?index=80

I can't see why we need 2 billion NOK of new roads, Molde isn't very big, and doesn't have a traffic problem. If they are thinking about getting ready for Møreaksen then the city tunnel be covered by the Møresksen toll rather than charge Molde residents, the vast majority which only cross the fjord a couple of times a year if that.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #363
brbr

Likes (Received): 0

E39 Ålgård-Hove

Statens Vegvesen has worked out 9 alternatives for a new 4-lane motorway through Ålgård towards Sandnes and Stavanger.

All alternatives suggests 4 intersections and two tunnels, apart for one which only suggest one tunnel. Earliest groundbreaking for construction in 2015.

http://www.aftenbladet.no/lokalt/gje...aard-Hove.html

Report from Statens Vegvesen (better illustrations):
http://www.vegvesen.no/_attachment/187045/binary/364702
brbr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #364
City of Rain
BANNED

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansadyret View Post
Not sure i like this, a huge "hole" in the street in this area will not look good. Nothing is decided yet with this project.
i think it makes for an interesting streetscape.

too bad there will still be a bus line seperating festplassen and musikkpaviljongen.. it would have been great to be able to walk between these two areas without crossing a road!
City of Rain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #365
54°26′S 3°24′E

Google streetview has improved its coverage of Norway. I've added some examples of Norwegian infrastructure on the highway thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=68605195
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM   #366
Olabil
student

Likes (Received): 44

Klarsignal for mer firefelts vei i Vestfold

Byggingen av firefelts E18 mellom Gulli og Langåker i Vestfold starter sommeren 2011. Strekningen skal stå ferdig i 2014.

Kostnaden er beregnet til 2,6 milliarder kroner, hvor en tredel er statlige midler og resten skal finansieres ved hjelp av bompenger, skriver Østlands-Postens nettutgave.
Saken legges fram i statsråd fredag, men samferdselsminister Magnhild Meltveit Kleppa (Sp) kunne allerede fredag morgen offentliggjøre nyheten på en pressekonferanse i Tønsberg.
Den nye veien skal bygges mellom Gulli, nord i Tønsberg kommune, og Langåker i Sandefjord, rett ved grensen til Larvik kommune. Strekningen med dagens vei er drøyt 2,5 mil.

http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...cle3953262.ece
Olabil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #367
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 3

That is certainly good news It's always congested there when I'm driving to Kristiansand.
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:32 PM   #368
Þróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 1148

A construction update from Fv.755 between Vanvikan and Leksvik. Current construction progress is 2 years before schedule!

Þróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #369
Beef Jerky

Their upgrading Vågsbygdveien in Kristiansand check it out here: http://www.fvn.no/lokalt/kristiansand/article795025.ece
Beef Jerky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:29 PM   #370
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

woops

Last edited by KiwiRob; January 10th, 2011 at 12:45 PM.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #371
City of Rain
BANNED

http://www.bt.no/nyheter/trafikk/Fir...n-1229504.html

Quote:
Fire timar Oslo-Bergen

Denne planen gjer vegen kortare og 100 prosent vintersikker.

Tunnelar til tre milliardar
Stord-ingeniøren og vegvenene hans arbeider for ein 23,7 kilometer lang tunnel som fører E 134 på Haukelifjell unna dei vêrutsette punkta.

Kombinert med ein 9,8 kilometers tunnel frå Seljestad til Røldal blir det eit prosjekt til tre milliardar kroner som ifølgje Sørli reduserer køyretida med tre kvarter og dieselforbruket med 58 liter for eit vogntog.

- Frå Bergen kan denne vegen til Oslo bli opptil 14 mil kortare enn andre aust-vest-alternativ, og hundre prosent vintersikker, seier Johannes Sørli.

- Det er på tide at vi samlar oss om eitt alternativ. Det er på tide med ein motorveg mellom våre to største byar. Korfor bruka åtte timar mellom Oslo og Bergen når ein kan køyra på fire? spør Sørli
EDIT: article in bokmål.. http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...cle3984893.ece

Last edited by City of Rain; January 12th, 2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old January 12th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #372
Hansadyret

http://www.bt.no/nyheter/lokalt/Vi-k...=2#kommentarer

The worlds longest floating bridge between Stavanger and Bergen, "Hordfast" and traveltime reduced to 2h 10min? Expensive but it could be one of the possibilities for a future ferryfree road, even if i believe it when i see it

Would be nice with the worlds longest and deepest roadtunnel and the longest floating bridge on the same road stretch
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #373
Schweden
Registered Loser

Likes (Received): 23

Regarding the "expressvei", great idea, but I'd say it will never happen..
Schweden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #374
City of Rain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansadyret View Post
http://www.bt.no/nyheter/lokalt/Vi-k...=2#kommentarer

The worlds longest floating bridge between Stavanger and Bergen, "Hordfast" and traveltime reduced to 2h 10min? Expensive but it could be one of the possibilities for a future ferryfree road, even if i believe it when i see it

Would be nice with the worlds longest and deepest roadtunnel and the longest floating bridge on the same road stretch
that is.... quite a pricetag, i must say. we would really have to use our imagination and put up tollrings in some crazy areas in order to afford this lol..

but id definitely want it though they should make sure to include space for a HSR on it as well!
Old January 13th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #375
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 220

As the Jondal-tunnel is completed we should see rising numbers on E134. At some point we need to see that 4,20m height isn't enough on the tunnels and rebuild Haukelifjell new with 4,60m tunnels anyway, might aswell tunnel it as much as possible to increase reliabilty.
Old January 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #376
Hansadyret

Quote:
Originally Posted by City of Rain View Post
that is.... quite a pricetag, i must say. we would really have to use our imagination and put up tollrings in some crazy areas in order to afford this lol..
Expensive yes but it is allso expensive to pay for the ferries, so it could be possible. If you get the traveltime down to about 2h you start digging well into the airmarket wich is around 1million each year between Stavanger and Bergen and allso Rogfast will probably increase traffic. When/if this bridge is finished the travelmarket will allso be bigger with increased population.
Trekantsambandet is allso paid down in 2012 wich opens up for financing other projects on the roadstretch without it getting to expensive to drive.
Old January 13th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #377
Beef Jerky

Before making all those roads, why cant they just make a damn 4 lane highway all the way between Oslo and Kristiansand??? and also from Kristiansand to Stavanger...
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #378
City of Rain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Jerky View Post
Before making all those roads, why cant they just make a damn 4 lane highway all the way between Oslo and Kristiansand??? and also from Kristiansand to Stavanger...
why on earth would they prioritize a road between small city like kristiansand and oslo (which is already well served by an extensive road network) over a long awaited road between bergen and stavanger, the 2nd and 3rd biggest metro areas, located in the most important economical region of the country?

sorry. but id rather see western norway get a well deserved road network which elimites the many ferries the people living there are forced to take whenever wanting to travel, than to shortern the trip for people in oslo coming home from denmark or dyreparken i kristiansand. you dont need a freakin 4-lane highway..
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #379
Beef Jerky

I thought Norway was a rich country...
Old January 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #380
City of Rain
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Jerky View Post
I thought Norway was a rich country...
well, we live in a country constantly criticized for behaving as if it was 3rd world.. and the criticism is well deserved, imo.

the truth is that we dont have nearly as good road standards as we should, and the roads we do get, we have to fund ourselves with toll rings.. the govt doesnt understand that building infrastructure is investing in the future.

Tags
norway, oslo