daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #61
TrueBulgarian
Meditate on this, I will

Likes (Received): 2360

In Bulgaria it's also forbidden to keep the engine running when the vehicle is parked, unless it needs to be running for some goods' handling purpose. The fine is up to 50 leva, or up to 25 EUR, but it's not really enforced, meaning that I've never heard of anyone being fined for that.
TrueBulgarian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #62
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Here's one:

http://www.thelocal.fr/2487/20120206/

(Or in French: http://www.lalibre.be/societe/genera...en-france.html)

Breathalyzers (the things the police use to check your blood alcohol) will be mandatory in all cars in France starting next week. Personally, I'd never dream of drinking and driving, and have no sympathy for those who do it. But why make all drivers, even the hopefully-law-abiding-majority, carry a piece of equipment that I'd expect the police to have themselves.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #63
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

I 100% agree with you, the French law is ridiculous. It makes all drivers guilty. Anyway, the fine is only € 11 and the chances of being randomly checked as a tourist appear to be remote to me.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #64
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Yep. In a lot of countries you are supposed to have a band aid kit, high viz vest, warning triangle etc etc, I never got checked on any of those. In Spain, drivers who wear glasses are supposed to have a spare one on them...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:07 AM   #65
Corvinus
License plate spotter

Likes (Received): 1190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Yep. In a lot of countries you are supposed to have a band aid kit, high viz vest, warning triangle etc etc, I never got checked on any of those.
In Germany, the first aid kit and warning triangle are mandatory (vest is not); in the course of a random check, chances are police wants to see them, especially when they have nothing else to do if your papers and else are in Ordnung. By this, they also get a chance to look into your boot - who knows, you could also have a corpse hidden there ...
I also had to show them once during a random check and a lot of other people reported so.
Corvinus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #66
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

In Germany when they checked me once, they asked if I had first aid kit with me. Having foreign license plate, I said in my country is not required so I didn't have it. They didn't say nothing about it. They just told me to put oval sticker on the car, since they couldn't recognize the nationality (old type plate).
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #67
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Yep. In a lot of countries you are supposed to have a band aid kit, high viz vest, warning triangle etc etc, I never got checked on any of those. In Spain, drivers who wear glasses are supposed to have a spare one on them...
You have to have in your car only the equipment that is required by the country where your car is registered and thats it. At least thats the czech ministry of internal affairs interpretation.

Quote:
The Vienna Convention on Road Traffic applicable since 1968 provides that compulsory car equipment should be specified by the country where the motor vehicle in question is registered..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_...n_Road_Traffic

The French use a loophole in this (maybe the other ones as well). They say, that every driver has to have a alcoholtester, so they don't define it as a car equipment. So they got around the convention and thus everyone has to have it when in driving in France, otherwise he can be fined.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote