daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:00 AM   #41
citypia
future is today.

Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Ray View Post
To be honest, I find the man (Mayor Park,) pretty annoying also.

What really irks me is his recent legislation requiring large supermarkets (E Mart, Homeplus etc. ) to close for, I believe, 2 days per month. Ostensibly this was to allow "Mom & Pop" stores to compete. The trouble is if you are shopping for anything more esoteric than instant noodles you're out of luck as Mom & Pop only stock the most rudimentary items.

He is not helping the citizens of Seoul at all, IMO.
First of all, the shutdown system of south korea's major outlets, SSM and department stores, aimed to helping to protect traditional marketplaces and small stores, was started from Busan namgu district. Then it spreaded all over Korea since 22nd, April. My point is why only Seoul mayor has to be blamed for it?

Second of all, that shutdown system in Seoul only partly was instituted
If you are shopping for anything more esoteric than instant noodles , just go find other distrcts if you are real hurry or urgent.
It is just a minor inconvenience we can easily put up with.

Third of all. the laborers of big outets, SSM and department stores have to have a day off at least on Sunday for their better working conditions. Remember that the workers are also seoul citizens!

Forth of all, the shutdown system is now in the process of legal battle.

Maybe, mayor Park has been doing something in wrong way as long as he is not perfect.
But don't put all blame on him.
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #42
citypia
future is today.

Look at this,
As I expected already,
this stupid thread is turning into politics issues about bashing Seoul mayor Park. LOCK THIS THREAD

Look at this, this banner shows how former mayor did his job for Seoul citizens.
The banner says that Oh, Se-hoon, is a dictator developer and making bigger Yougsan disaster.

Last edited by citypia; July 22nd, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM   #43
archikind

Likes (Received): 1

Who is this stupid mayor?? how are seoul people living without uprooting him??
archikind no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM   #44
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
This is the dumbest thread in SSC history. When I was in Seoul last month tons of high rise construction everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmoon85 View Post
As for what the mayor is doing, he is trying to use money towards what citizens want, not what developers want in Seoul. Plus he does NOT have to follow Oh Se Hoon's ways of "Design Seoul".

I see NO point why this thread has opened and it's a major embarrassment to the Korean community. Inno4321, you really need to chill dude and I hope you're not one of those people that want Seoul to become a "Post-Singapore" or "Post Hong Kong" in terms of Skyline in Asia. Please someone delete this thread it's seriously disgusting
Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
this stupid thread is turning into politics issues about bashing Seoul mayor Park. LOCK THIS THREAD
Would you also LOCK or DELETE the Citizens's file a suit against seoul mayor? Come on man. This is a democratic South korea not North Korea. OK?

http://media.daum.net/economic/estat...20723105613306

Eventually, Park won sun's skyline restricted is bring file a suit(literal translation of today korean News title)
Today Seoul will be suited by sin ban po 1cha apartment citizens.
Seoul citizens lodged a compensation claim against seoul!

-Accordding to the report, Today sin ban po 1cha apartment citizens beginnig prepare for suit against park wonsun seoul mayor.

-Citizens said "seoul mayor is sheer absurdity. We already suggest 61 floors redeveloment plan to seoul goverment. But suddenly park rejected plan and command to as below 35floors. It is very irrational decision."

-In summary, Follow to the hanriver Renaissance project sinbanpo 1ch apartment suggest 61floors redevelomet plan to seoul goverment. But new mayor rejected 61floors plan. Then request below 35 floors .
Due to this irrational decision citizens wastes time for 1 and half years and damage to their own property.
-So they file a suit.

I'm already suggested this problem in my thread such like title as "Seoul mayor make a "닭장아파트(chicken coop apartment)" in banpo of seoul." thread number 32.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:42 AM   #45
inno4321

http://www.mt.co.kr/view/mtview.php?...3040&outlink=1

"Gangnam circle highway, Westside dig deep smart-highway, Puongchang Tunel, time extension/stalled rally by seoul mayor

-Accordding to the yesterday report, Seoul mayor cut the budget of Social Overhead Capital project in seoul.

-Therefore "Gangnam circle highway, Westside dig deep smart-highway, Puongchang Tunel infrastructure construction is delay to completion/stalled beginning construction by seoul mayor decision .

- Gangnam circle highway(underconstruction) is 22.9km length highway. completion is 2014. But delayed to 2016.
- Westside dig deep smart-highway is 11km length smart-highway dig deep under 40m. Actually it is going to this years beginng construction. But stalled by mayor decision
-Puongchang Tunel is 2.32㎞ length tunel. It is going to this years begin construction. But stalled by mayor decision.

Description about Gangnam circle highway(underconstruction. Very near from my home)
http://blog.naver.com/kir210?Redirec...o=110071223912
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0000503797
Description about Westside dig deep highway(Very near from my home)
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0002258016
Description about Puongchang Tunel
http://blog.naver.com/veda066?Redire...No=50093942744

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; July 23rd, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #46
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Ray View Post
To be honest, I find the man (Mayor Park,) pretty annoying also.

What really irks me is his recent legislation requiring large supermarkets (E Mart, Homeplus etc. ) to close for, I believe, 2 days per month. Ostensibly this was to allow "Mom & Pop" stores to compete. The trouble is if you are shopping for anything more esoteric than instant noodles you're out of luck as Mom & Pop only stock the most rudimentary items.

He is not helping the citizens of Seoul at all, IMO.
I'm absolutely agree with Sister Ray

Last sunday i go to Homeplus in geumcheon of seoul . But closed. Very inconvenience. Even korean website almost netizen complain about force closed of large supermarkets. It is like a communism dictatorship.
This kind of irrational act prevail on seoul's many project.
Therefore seoul mayor suited by own citizens.(File a suit is uncommon in s. korea. Very ​rarely happens)

I'm korean i live in Seoul I love seoul. But Many korean want to show something "luxury, clean, beautiful" side of Korea. Especially some korean member in SSC. But i can not understood why they wish to hide darkside of seoul?

Last edited by inno4321; July 24th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #47
skyscrapercity
초고층빌딩

Likes (Received): 189

I think there is no need such a thread here.

Like Kimiwind1184 said, the whole talk is about bashing the mayor in a way or another at the end.
What's the purpuse of this thread exactly? It's pointless.

Inno4321 doesn't listen and care whatever other forummers says and he only replies to the forummers that agree with his opinions and keeps posting something about bashing Seoul Mayor here. He is not logical at all.

More honestly, inno, you are the one who is acting like a dictator, a communist who comes from North Korea.

There are so many different opinions of Seoul citizens.
I think you are quite one-sided and are biased.
Why don't you accept different opinions on the other side, huh? (The fact is that many seoulites still support the current Seoul mayor.)

As far as I know, no korean forummers hide anything.
Well, I don't find any dark side of Korea in your Seoul thread too.

You want to show the dark side of Korea? Why don't you post run-down area of Geumcheon-gu, your neighborhood if you really want to.
I really don't understand why you don't understand the opinions of poor people, your neighbors. (Ironically, don't you know that Yongsan IBD project is the very dark side of korea, to kick out poor residents people and try to build luxurious things?)
skyscrapercity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #48
inno4321

http://www.mt.co.kr/view/mtview.php?...2730&outlink=1

Eventually, Geumcheon of Seoul massive urban redevelopment project cancelled.

-Geumcheon of Seoul massive urban redevelopment project is located in my home town.

-I had been looking forward to see this project's breakthrough. However one weeks ago official cancelled.

-More detailed explanations about this project
Area : 684,000㎡
Building 27(at least over 26floors/Hospital,Police,Park), 30 apartment(8,000 houses) included 250m landmark tower.
Goal population : 19,200 citizens
Purpose project : To make supporter residence district for "Gasan Digital IT Complex" of geumchenogu, Seoul.
Project prepare from 2007
Official public announcement about project beginnig June, 2010
Official public announcement about project cancelled July, 2012

Below thread is landmark tower of Geumcheon massive urban redevelopment project
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...ighlight=seoul
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...ight=geumcheon
Description about this project http://photohistory.tistory.com/11970
http://blog.daum.net/srkim23/185

Last edited by inno4321; July 26th, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old July 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #49
geococcyx
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
3. Seoul new mayor's Anti-development. He has right for project Approved!!!!
What!?
geococcyx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #50
citypia
future is today.

If you read this article carefully, this plan has fallen due to bad situation of real estate market and strong opposition of the landowners.
But seperate individual projects will be set up according to districts unit plan.
Yes, whole massive project has fallen.
But it is NOT the end, because NEW realistic projects will come out soon.
My point is that this project is more like NOT cancelled but modified and adjusted accordingly.

Can you notice why this project has to fall down? Even the landowners are against this project, not because of Seoul mayor.
Precisely, Geumcheon has the one of the lowest financial independence rate in Seoul. I mean, it is too much to work on such a enormous project alone.
It will be the big burden to citizens
Old July 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #51
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by geococcyx View Post
What!?
Mayor have a exclusive authority for permission all construction in Seoul city.

Old July 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #52
inno4321

http://news.kukinews.com/article/vie...06291212&cp=nv

"I will stop to built over 50floors around yongsan national park" said Seoul mayor.

-Accordding to the today report mayor announced that against to built skyscraper around Yongsan National Park

Yongsan National Park is the project of redevelop the USA military site for national green park project.
-Yongsan National Park is almost same sized with Newyork central park. This project is going to Completion at 2014~2027.

-Also to built skyscraper(over 50floors) in 180,000㎡ and make green park in 2,426,866㎡
Actually original plan was like that First To Develope USA military site for skyscrpaer and make a money Second With that money remove USA military troops(No offense.S.korea alliance with USA) to outside of Seoul and make national park.

-However yesterday seoul mayor announce that anti development skyscraper around park. He said "Luxury redsidece and skyscraper is not good for yongsan project."

-Ministry of land and transfer said "Mayor is highly absurd!(시 주장이 일고의 가치도 없다.) This plan already pass last mayor. Why he suddenly break to promise?"
This project is national development project. Therefore all right belong to the "Ministry of land and transfer"

-Seoul mayor have no right for permission to built skyscraper around yongsan park. Only he can advice concern this project

Description about project
http://www.park.go.kr/board.board.gongji.twf
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0002524706
http://blog.naver.com/hoony603?Redir...o=110140229329

Last edited by inno4321; July 29th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:07 PM   #53
inno4321

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0004639870

Stalled Parc1 resume
Parc1 win the legal battle in the second round!

Today Y22(which one is Parc1's Project Financing Vehicle) win against to "Tongilgyo" religious Group in a high court civil 12 part of seoul.
However "Tongilgyo" religious Group prepare the third round therefore construction resume is delay 9months.
Accordding to the report, Probably Parc1 resume construction at the beginning of the next years .

Add a supplementary explanation
-Parc1 is one of major three skyscrpaer project(with IFC Seoul / The Federation of Korean Industries Hall) in Yeuido of Seoul.
-"Tongilgyo" religious Group is land owner
-At the moment Parc1 completion rate is 20%. But Construction stopped by "Tongilgyo" religious Group's file a suit at last September, 2010

Description about project
http://www.parc1.com/

TowerVerre:) liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 1st, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:44 PM   #54
inno4321

Rage Yongsan citizens set fire to SEOUL MAYOR's Photos.

Accordding to the report, Seoul mayor's photos was burning with fire by Sebuichondong of Yongsan ,Seoul citizens.
Yesterday, Some rage citizens blame to seoul mayor with request for compensation as qucikly as possible in the demonstration.

Add a supplementary explanation
-IBD project is stalled due to delay compensation proceed.
-Seoul mayor announced that IBD divide develope(not develope in citizens's residence area)
However citizens's banner wrote with like that "Stop to divided develope! We are one"!

Below is report.
http://news1.kr/photos/203533
http://news1.kr/photos/203546

Last edited by inno4321; August 1st, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old August 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #55
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
I know you dear aquaticko very proffensional knowledge about korea. But you miss one point.
Without chaebol Korea can not existed such like "at the moment economy advanced" .....
I know that South Korea couldn't have become an advanced country without the chaebol, but right now it is an advanced country, at least economically speaking. The GDP at purchasing power parity per capita is equal with Japan and most European countries. Korea is rich enough; it needs to work on improving social problems now.

Rights for minorities, women, gays, social safety net for the poor and elderly, environmental sustainability--these are the issues that need attention now. And forces for conservatism, like the chaebol, won't do the country any good. Look at the effect they have on employment for young people. Because there are so few large companies that people want to work at, many people go without jobs, or get temporary and insecure work, because the chaebol know that they can pick and choose whomever they want.

It is the conservative side of the country that keeps focusing on making Korea richer. If it wants to really be considered an advanced country, it cannot focus just on money. Social problems are an area in which South Korea can do much, much more to improve.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:59 AM   #56
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1149

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
The GDP at purchasing power parity per capita is equal with Japan and most European countries. Korea is rich enough; it needs to work on improving social problems now.
It's not equal yet with Japan, but closing the gap though.

According to IMF, and as of 2011, Japan's PPP per capita is 34,700$, and Korea's is around 31,714$ only.

Korea is still better than Spain "30,626$", and Italy "30,464$" (according to the same source).
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:40 PM   #57
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I know that South Korea couldn't have become an advanced country without the chaebol, but right now it is an advanced country, at least economically speaking. The GDP at purchasing power parity per capita is equal with Japan and most European countries. Korea is rich enough; it needs to work on improving social problems now.

Rights for minorities, women, gays, social safety net for the poor and elderly, environmental sustainability--these are the issues that need attention now. And forces for conservatism, like the chaebol, won't do the country any good. Look at the effect they have on employment for young people. Because there are so few large companies that people want to work at, many people go without jobs, or get temporary and insecure work, because the chaebol know that they can pick and choose whomever they want.

It is the conservative side of the country that keeps focusing on making Korea richer. If it wants to really be considered an advanced country, it cannot focus just on money. Social problems are an area in which South Korea can do much, much more to improve.
Really agree with your comment especially with Rights for minorities, women, gays, social safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiwind1184 View Post
It's not equal yet with Japan, but closing the gap though.

According to IMF, and as of 2011, Japan's PPP per capita is 34,700$, and Korea's is around 31,714$ only.

Korea is still better than Spain "30,626$", and Italy "30,464$" (according to the same source).
Japan and Germany have a strong fundamental economy. Also I suprised with korea better than spain and italy. I didn't know that

Old August 6th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #58
inno4321

http://news.hankooki.com/lpage/socie...1101821950.htm

Hyundai&KIA Global Business Center project is Skeptical due to Seoul Mayor

- Accordding to the report Hyundai&KIA Global Business Center project is damaged by Anti skyscraper policy of seoul mayor.

- Actually Hyundai&KIA Global Business Center(535m) is going to bulit in Ducksum of Seoul. Ducksum is beside Han River.

- However, 535m building cannot constructed due to Seoul's new ASP(Anti Skyscraper Policy)

- Seoul's new ASP strictly prohibited to construction over 35Floors Beside Han river.

Last edited by inno4321; August 6th, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #59
citypia
future is today.

Inno4321 doesn't translate the article in accurate ways and distorts it from the point of view of his political opinions.
Yes, he is adding his personal opinions to the article.

Anyhow, after all, everything ended up putting all blame on Seoul mayor. That's your goal?
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #60
citypia
future is today.

This is my summary of the article(of course, not included my own personal opinions)

The article says that there are controversies that Hyundai & KIA Global Business Center project is too highly benefical for the only one compamy, developer, of course Hyundae (business favors).
Therefore, Seoul city hall reconsiders the project according to new guideline of riveside of HAN river which prevent Seoul from the improper urban development (especially about supertalls) But even the new guideline is not established yet. So they set to work for the new guidelne.

Gangseo district office and Seoul city hall had meetings and discussed for the progress of this project many times.

Also, Hyundae currently conducts the negociation under the table to narrow the gap between different opinions.