daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > KiwiScrapers > Auckland

Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:05 AM   #1
SYDNEY
MELBOURNE

Likes (Received): 4197

CORBAN CREATIVE QUARTER | HENDERSON | Proposed

The Corban Creative Quarter located on the western edge of Waitekere City’s CBD, was originally the Corban family wine estate. It is recognised as a unique and vital heritage precinct for the city with the remaining winery buildings and family home stead utilized as community arts facilities for the community and local artists – The Corban Estate Arts Center. Working in association with Urbanismplus, Bossley Architects are currently designing and master planning the new Unitec Design School and Performing Arts Campus that when integrated with the existing arts center will form the artistic and educational center for Waitakere City. The Campus will form an integral part of the urban fabric of Henderson, incorporating, retail, cafes, exhibition space, performing arts center, faculty teaching facilities, city museum, street networks, infrastructure, parking and residential accommodation.

I AM NOT AFRAID OF GLAMOUR, I LOVE IT

BLOG + FLICKR + TWITTER + FACEBOOK + PINTEREST
+ INSTAGRAM
SYDNEY no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM   #2
RHarris

Likes (Received): 0

this looks cool. Great area. Great idea.
RHarris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM   #3
Matt L

Likes (Received): 44

There is no such place as Waitakere City. Corban estate is in Henderson.

Makes sense to have an art centre there as the west send to be more arty than other areas of the city. it even take that further by having art incorporated into a lot of infrastructure like bridges

Note: Sydney I would love a series of your photos on the bridges around Henderson (I can give you a list if needed)
Matt L no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:14 AM   #4
RHarris

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
There is no such place as Waitakere City. Corban estate is in Henderson.

Makes sense to have an art centre there as the west send to be more arty than other areas of the city. it even take that further by having art incorporated into a lot of infrastructure like bridges

Note: Sydney I would love a series of your photos on the bridges around Henderson (I can give you a list if needed)

Your right. Alot of great bridge art work. Brings to life this part of the city.
RHarris no está en línea   Reply With Quote