daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #201
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 4948

[IMG][/IMG]
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #202
Brum X
Brum X

Emirates landing at BHX

DELETED

Last edited by Brum X; April 24th, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #203
Brum X
Brum X

Boeing 757 and Airbus A320 at BHX

DELETED

Last edited by Brum X; April 24th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old April 7th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #204
Brum X
Brum X

UNITED at BHX to Newark Liberty Intl (USA)

DELETED

Last edited by Brum X; April 24th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:02 PM   #205
Brum X
Brum X

Photo's from BHX on 21/04/2013

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM   #206
Prestwick Pioneer

Likes (Received): 0

Odd to find this pic here. Who gave you permission to use it?

Last edited by Prestwick Pioneer; April 25th, 2013 at 03:51 AM.
Prestwick Pioneer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:43 AM   #207
Prestwick Pioneer

And this one too. Ironically, this one is too green and I reposted it after further editing.......

Last edited by Prestwick Pioneer; April 25th, 2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:43 AM   #208
Prestwick Pioneer

And another..............

Last edited by Prestwick Pioneer; April 25th, 2013 at 03:52 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 10:58 AM   #209
Prestwick Pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum X View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
And another.
It would be nice to be asked permission to use my photos once in a while. I only posted this yesterday and it is up on a forum with no credit to the photographer. DSLRs are not cheap. I am pretty sure that Air Blue pic is mine also. Don't like getting my attention drawn to this, and I have a gut feeling this is not the first time.......
Old April 23rd, 2013, 11:02 AM   #210
Prestwick Pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSS1980 View Post
Some great Pics on here BrumX good stuff...
Indeed, but clearly some are not credited to the photographers.
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #211
Prestwick Pioneer

Can you please remove my pictures? I posted these on flyintobhx because it is a closed group. And you have taken a lot of the ones I would have not currently given permission to post.

Last edited by Prestwick Pioneer; April 25th, 2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old April 24th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #212
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestwick Pioneer View Post
Can you please remove my pictures? I posted these on flyintobhx because it is a closed group. And you have taken a lot of the ones I would have not currently given permission to post.
If its an issue why don't you copyright the photos...

Problem solved...
Old April 25th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #213
Prestwick Pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
If its an issue why don't you copyright the photos...

Problem solved...
I didn't have an issue posting them on the private forum they were on, and they are from my flickr account too - some private some public. It is the fact that a fair few of the pics on this thread have been used without permission or acknowledgement as per the rules here:

Images

When quoting images, ensure that the image can be used under fair use and provide the source name and link with the image.

I don't see any source names
My friend took the Enter Air and put his name on the pic but his name is not on it here. It is not just me, there are others who are pretty pissed off that their pics have been used too. Some of the pics above were taken by a 13yr old kid and within a few hours they are posted here, the ex forum member did not ask "Can I use your pics on a public forum I am a member on?" "Will that be ok as I know that you work at the airport?". The airside pics look like they are his but were taken, again, for use on the private forum.
A lot of the rest of the pics you will find here,

http://bhxflightguide.blogspot.co.uk/

where they are also copyright, maybe Gordon gave permission to use, but again, no credit:

Sorry to go on EK413, as I am a member here now, I am sure I can find my way to posting a few of my photos, but it is nice to be asked first.
Old April 25th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #214
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestwick Pioneer View Post
I didn't have an issue posting them on the private forum they were on, and they are from my flickr account too - some private some public. It is the fact that a fair few of the pics on this thread have been used without permission or acknowledgement as per the rules here:

Images

When quoting images, ensure that the image can be used under fair use and provide the source name and link with the image.

I don't see any source names
My friend took the Enter Air and put his name on the pic but his name is not on it here. It is not just me, there are others who are pretty pissed off that their pics have been used too. Some of the pics above were taken by a 13yr old kid and within a few hours they are posted here, the ex forum member did not ask "Can I use your pics on a public forum I am a member on?" "Will that be ok as I know that you work at the airport?". The airside pics look like they are his but were taken, again, for use on the private forum.
A lot of the rest of the pics you will find here,

http://bhxflightguide.blogspot.co.uk/

Sorry to go on EK413, as I am a member here now, I am sure I can find my way to posting a few of my photos, but it is nice to be asked first.
No need to apologise, like I said a copyright on the image would quickly solve that problem & if it continues obviously the forum moderators aren't doing there job & particularly SSC moderators.
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #215
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 4137

BHX | Birmingham International Airport - United Kingdom

Moderators - If there is already a thread for BHX please merge. I could not find it.

City Served: Birmingham
Metropolitan Area Served: Greater Birmingham & West Midlands
Operator: Birmingham International Airport Ltd
UK's 7th busiest airport
Record Passenger Numbers: 9.6 million
2012 Passenger Numbers: 8.9 million
Current Potential Capacity: 27 million

Birmingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #216
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT UNVEILS PLANS FOR SECOND RUNWAY
Written by Steven Thompson

The UK’s Birmingham Airport has unveiled ambitious plans to become a two runway airport with the same capacity as Heathrow by 2026.

The plans also include development of a business park for the region’s manufacturing sector alongside an expanded airport site.

The development would coincide with new high speed rail links, meaning passengers could get a train to London in under 40 minutes.

Paul Kehoe, CEO of Birmingham Airport, said: “Great cities like Birmingham deserve great airports.

“In 20 years’ time British air travel will double and it is widely acknowledged that all the country’s long-haul traffic cannot be routed through one airport in West London.

“Instead, we believe that the best thing for UK aviation is to create a network of long-haul national airports, each supporting the comparative economic advantages of that region to boost trade, foreign investment and tourism.”

Expanding Birmingham Airport alongside the high speed rail project is a “once in a generation opportunity”, the airport said.

In its submission to the independent Airports Commission, Birmingham has called for a network of long haul airports in the UK.

Other proposals under consideration, include expansion at Heathrow, or new four-runway hub.
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #217
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Birmingham Airport unveils plan to take 70 million passengers in bold test to Heathrow's air supremacy

10th June 2013.

Birmingham Airport is making a bid to become as big as London's Heathrow and potentially the busiest aviation hub in the world.

An audacious land-grab to overtake Heathrow – which currently handles 70 million passengers a year, more than any other airport in the world – is being made by a coalition of Midlands councils and business leaders.

The proposal comes in a report criticising the Government's aviation strategy as misguided – and accusing the commission led by Sir Howard Davies that is looking at the future of UK airport capacity of being too focused on London and the South East.

The group behind the plan claims the current debate is flawed and wrongly centred on the battle between more runways and expansion at Heathrow and the construction of a new airport in the Thames Estuary, known as "Boris Island". They instead propose that Birmingham's current capacity could be immediately doubled to 18 million passengers, even without new infrastructure.

The runway extension due to be completed next year will give Birmingham a capacity of 27 million, which is more than a third runway at Heathrow could deliver in a decade.

The longer-term vision for a "UK Central" international hub airport at Birmingham would see it overtake Heathrow as Britain's biggest, able to handle as many as 70 million passengers a year and linked into the proposed HS2 fast rail network.

When HS2 is completed, the capital's main interchange station in West London would be just 31 minutes away from Birmingham.

Paul Kehoe, the chief executive of Birmingham Airport, claims the UK's long-haul traffic cannot continue to be routed through one airport in West London. Mr Kehoe said: "In 20 years' time, British air travel will double. We believe that the best option is to create a network of long-haul national airports, each supporting the comparative economic advantages of that region to boost trade, foreign investment and tourism."

Such a plan could be undermined by the reluctance of major airlines to commit to long-haul routes starting and ending outside the London area.

British Airways said last year: "British Airways does not believe that regional airports can ever be an alternative to provision of effective hub airport capacity serving London and the South East."

Virgin has also implied that it is not convinced by Birmingham as an alternative, saying Heathrow and Gatwick are "full at peak times because passengers want to fly from those airports".

Alongside a larger Birmingham airport, the coalition's project includes plans to expand capacity at Manchester and Edinburgh airports, which would help ease over-crowding at Heathrow and other airports in the South East.

According to Birmingham's analysis, better use of the six largest regional airports could add 116 million passengers to airport capacity by 2050.

But London's Mayor, Boris Johnson, who is opposed to any expansion at Heathrow, believes that if the Government takes the Birmingham project seriously it will work in his favour and boost the chances of "Boris Island" taking off.

Despite Birmingham stating that aviation policy remained over-focused on the South-east, Mr Johnson surprisingly told The Independent that he welcomed Birmingham's "support" for a new hub to the "east" of the capital – namely, the Thames Estuary.

He said: "Birmingham Airport and Birmingham City Council are quite right that Heathrow cannot expand because that would expose too many people living in West London to unacceptable noise levels. They are on the button in recognising that a new hub airport to the east of the capital would complement the services provided by regional airports. We need both a major, internationally competitive hub, and effective regional airports if we are to succeed as a country."

The Airports Commission headed by Sir Howard, the former chairman of the Financial Services Authority, is expected to publish an interim report before the end of the year on how aviation capacity can be improved.

Mark Garnier, the Conservative MP for Wyre Forest and the chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on the economy of the West Midlands, claimed a global travel hub at Birmingham could bring long-haul travel to within a one-hour journey for 45 million people.

He said: "This could be in place by 2032 when the HS2 network is fully operational. This will make it the most accessible airport in Britain.
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #218
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Runway Extension

In 2014 we will extend Birmingham Airport’s runway to 3,003 metres.

Extending the runway at Birmingham Airport means aircraft can carry more fuel and fly further, bringing new long-haul destinations within direct range for the first time.

Routes to cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Bangkok, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Johannesburg, will cater to both business and leisure travellers, removing the need to journey outside the region before flying.

The runway extension will generate spare long-haul capacity, enabling Birmingham Airport to handle a further 27 million passengers each year, greater than a third runway at Heathrow could ever deliver. It will be a true long-haul alternative to London and Manchester.

Old June 11th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #219
stu1300
Doberman 1111111

Likes (Received): 3

Is this group dead now lol.
stu1300 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM   #220
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

How did you find this?? I must have terrible peripheral vision.

Now mods can merge easily.

Tags
birmingham, european hub airport, uk airports