daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #21
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

I made this map based on the 2010 figures. It shows the relative domination of London and Paris on the air traffic.

Red: countries and territories where there were more passengers to and from London than to and from Paris in 2010.
Blue: countries and territories where there were more passengers to and from Paris than to and from London in 2010.

[img]http://i49.************/qmxni0.png[/img]

Avemano, hseugut liked this post
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #22
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

Many of the reds are former British colonies. Interesting...
krnboy1009 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 08:52 PM   #23
arran21
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
I made this map based on the 2010 figures. It shows the relative domination of London and Paris on the air traffic.

Red: countries and territories where there were more passengers to and from London than to and from Paris in 2010.
Blue: countries and territories where there were more passengers to and from Paris than to and from London in 2010.
Brisavoine, why are you purposely trying to lie to people, more people travel from London to China than from Paris to China, Hong long is not used as a stop over to Australia, people going from Britain to Australia go via Singapore, not Hong Kong, people going from Britain to Hong Kong are there for business and pleasure, and the number of British people traveling to China is much more than French traveling to China, so why would you porposely try to mislead people, is it because of your rabid nationalism, this forum is not the place for your insecurities, so from now on, try not to lie, Britain is the aviation capitol of the world, but I am not a nationalist like you who parrots on about false non achievments all the time
arran21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:12 PM   #24
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arran21 View Post
more people travel from London to China than from Paris to China
Uh, no. More people travel from London to Hong Kong than from Paris to Hong Kong, in part because of transfers to Australia/NZ, in part because of the ancient colonial links between HK and Britain (Hong-Kongese community in Great Britain, etc.), but more people travel from Paris to Mainland China than from London to Mainland China.

In 2010, there were 428,659 air passengers between Paris and Beijing vs. only 275,058 between London and Beijing. There were 520,981 air passengers between Paris and Shanghai vs. only 331,756 between London and Shanghai. There were 158,016 air passengers between Paris and Guangzhou vs. 0 between London and Guangzhou.

Paris now has 4 air connections with Mainland China (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Wuhan), and soon 5, whereas London has only 2 air connections with Mainland China (Beijing and Shanghai).

Several articles in the English press have actually lamented that. For example this one: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/avia...s-Britain.html

Avemano, CODEBARRE75011 liked this post
Old May 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM   #25
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

That is a pretty colorful map. The British Empire was pretty large and cover more present day countries than France's empire. So it's natural that BA would dominant in former colonies countries and vice versa for AF.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #26
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62792

China Southern has a Guangzhou – London flight, that's the 3rd Chinese destination from London. And later this year BA will also start Chengdu.

BA hasn't focussed on China as Air France/KLM and Lufthansa, that's also because there is no mainland Chinese airline that is a member of Oneworld. And the slot restrictions at Heathrow prevent the Chinese airlines to open new routes to London's main airport.

Talking about Lufthansa, it's Germany that has the most connections and passengers between Europe and China.

Frankfurt has Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Nanjing, Shenyang. Plus Munich has Shanghai and Beijing and Berlin & Duesseldorf have flights to Beijing.

This article has a full analysis of the Europe to China market.
http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...catch-up-99050

Interesting fact, Amsterdam has the most direct mainland Chinese destinations, 6 in total. They also have Hong Kong and are the only European airport that has a direct flight to Taipei. It might not have the biggest capacity in seats between the city and China, it does have the most direct coverage.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:16 AM   #27
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
They also have Hong Kong and are the only European airport that has a direct flight to Taipei.
Paris CDG also has direct flights to Taipei. In fact I flew on one of those flights.

Avemano liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:58 AM   #28
arran21
BANNED

Quote:
Uh, no. More people travel from London to Hong Kong than from Paris to Hong Kong, in part because of transfers to Australia/NZ, in part because of the ancient colonial links between HK and Britain (Hong-Kongese community in Great Britain, etc.), but more people travel from Paris to Mainland China than from London to Mainland China.

In 2010, there were 428,659 air passengers between Paris and Beijing vs. only 275,058 between London and Beijing. There were 520,981 air passengers between Paris and Shanghai vs. only 331,756 between London and Shanghai. There were 158,016 air passengers between Paris and Guangzhou vs. 0 between London and Guangzhou.

Paris now has 4 air connections with Mainland China (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Wuhan), and soon 5, whereas London has only 2 air connections with Mainland China (Beijing and Shanghai).

Several articles in the English press have actually lamented that. For example this one: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/avia...s-Britain.html
No, no and no, is lying a mental illness of yours, Hong Kong IS NOT used as a stop over to Australia, do you understand, or shall I draw you a picture, people going from Britain to Australia go via Singapore, not Hong Kong, I repeat, as you ate obviously not very intelligent, Hong Kong is not used as a stop over to Australia or new Zealand, Singapore is. People traveling from London to Hong Kong are going to stay in Hong Kong, do you understand now, gong Kong is China, so mote brits go to chins than French, now what will you say, I have the airline routes infringe of me, and Hong Kong IS NOT used as a stop over to Australia, singapore is, so that false map you made to try and make France look more important, was just another of your pathetic lies resulting from your massive inferiority complex about Britain, you can't hard Britain just because they are more powerfull and important, get over it and grue up, everyone is sick of your nationalistic nonsense, except ky, your just mediocre, so leave it at that and stop trying to ruin every thread with your constant trolling, or I will report you
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:14 AM   #29
arran21
BANNED

Quote:

Hong Kong is part of China, so more British people go to China than French, its not my fault that you don't like to read the truth, Hong Kong is China, so more brits go to China that French, do you understand now, or are you still having difficulty, in nearly all the important aviation destinations in the world, more brits travel to them than French, that's a fact, France is eurocentric, but Britain is global, it always has been, that's why they created so many countries and had the biggest ever empire, started the industrial revolution, modern world, sport, inventions, medicine and have global language so it makes sense that Britain is the aviation capitol of the world, now the dark days of colonialism are over, thankfully, for Britain and France, Britain remains the world leader in aviation, with six airports in London, only two in Paris, we just built the most expensive airport terminal at heathrow, terminal five, and also have just completed another mega heathrow terminal, at terminal two, plus a new mega airport will also be built, our other cities also have much bigger and bussier airports than other French cities. You see if you want to constantly be an immature nationalist, others can be too, and as I'm British, it is obvious who will win, so please dont respond and try not to be so insecure and nationalistic, you have allready got a bad reputation on this forum, even amoung other French, peace, and learn to relax, France is also a great country and don't need you to constantly aggresively promote them, France will be just as great without your propoganda
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:17 AM   #30
arran21
BANNED

Quote:
Paris CDG also has direct flights to Taipei. In fact I flew on one of those flights.
By the way, new airport routes between Britain and mainland China are opening every year, so we may allready have more routes than France, or at the very least, we soon will have, as London is chinas, and the worlds, number one investment as London is the financial capitol of the world, but I'm sure you know this
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:21 AM   #31
arran21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
China Southern has a Guangzhou – London flight, that's the 3rd Chinese destination from London. And later this year BA will also start Chengdu.

BA hasn't focussed on China as Air France/KLM and Lufthansa, that's also because there is no mainland Chinese airline that is a member of Oneworld. And the slot restrictions at Heathrow prevent the Chinese airlines to open new routes to London's main airport.

Talking about Lufthansa, it's Germany that has the most connections and passengers between Europe and China.

Frankfurt has Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Nanjing, Shenyang. Plus Munich has Shanghai and Beijing and Berlin & Duesseldorf have flights to Beijing.

This article has a full analysis of the Europe to China market.
http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...catch-up-99050

Interesting fact, Amsterdam has the most direct mainland Chinese destinations, 6 in total. They also have Hong Kong and are the only European airport that has a direct flight to Taipei. It might not have the biggest capacity in seats between the city and China, it does have the most direct coverage.
You're right, Frankfurt airport has a very bright future, that's why Britain is building a new airport (hopefully), but in Europe everything moves so slow unfortunately
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:23 AM   #32
arran21
BANNED

Quote:

In that map, China should be red, not blue, east Asia is the future, and European countries need to increase flight routes from our cities
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:05 AM   #33
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18131

Quote:
No, no and no, is lying a mental illness of yours, Hong Kong IS NOT used as a stop over to Australia, do you understand, or shall I draw you a picture, people going from Britain to Australia go via Singapore, not Hong Kong, I repeat, as you ate obviously not very intelligent, Hong Kong is not used as a stop over to Australia or new Zealand, Singapore is. People traveling from London to Hong Kong are going to stay in Hong Kong, do you understand now, gong Kong is China, so mote brits go to chins than French, now what will you say, I have the airline routes infringe of me, and Hong Kong IS NOT used as a stop over to Australia, singapore is, so that false map you made to try and make France look more important, was just another of your pathetic lies resulting from your massive inferiority complex about Britain, you can't hard Britain just because they are more powerfull and important, get over it and grue up, everyone is sick of your nationalistic nonsense, except ky, your just mediocre, so leave it at that and stop trying to ruin every thread with your constant trolling, or I will report you
Actually, Europeans and Australians have a fair bit of choice in how to structure their kangaroo route stops. New entrants include China Southern, who routes passengers through their hub in Guangzhou. Hong Kong has traditionally gotten a small slice of this traffic. Qantas used to run Australia-Hong Kong-London flights, with full 5th freedoms out of HKG. I actually took this 5th freedom leg a couple of years ago on their 747, and got upgraded to Y+ on my discount Y fare because the back was so full.

Virgin Atlantic still flies the kangaroo route with the Hong Kong stopover

A review on the different kangaroo route choices, from Abu Dhabi to Kuala Lumpur

Do you have any actual statistics on who are the main competitors on the kangaroo route? I would've thought Dubai has become the top stopover option by now.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:34 AM   #34
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 62792

With the recent Qantas move to Dubai it surely has become the top stopover location, although Singapore with SA and BA is still big of course.

Quote:
Direct flights via Bangkok, only KLM offers non-stop direct flights between Europe and Taiwan.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:55 PM   #35
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:

dydyusa, Avemano, Baboulinet liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM   #36
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
in nearly all the important aviation destinations in the world, more brits travel to them than French, that's a fact
Uh, no.

In 2011, there were 1,136,703 air passengers between France and Russia vs. only 863,819 between the UK and Russia.

In 2011, there were 1,034,585 air passengers between France and Brazil vs. only 526,123 between the UK and Brazil.

In 2011, there were 1,198,228 air passengers between France and Mainland China vs. only 662,924 between the UK and Mainland China.

That's already 3 BRICs out of 4 where France dominates the UK.

And then it doesn't stop there.

In 2011, there were 15,273,588 air passengers between France and Africa (not even counting the overseas departments in Africa!) vs. only 8,367,653 between the UK and Africa.

In 2011, there were 998,453 air passengers between France and Japan vs. only 653,121 between the UK and Japan.

In 2011, there were 459,867 air passengers between France and South Korea vs. only 311,096 between the UK and South Korea.

So that's quite a few emerging and developed markets where France dominates the UK.

dydyusa, Avemano, CODEBARRE75011 liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:07 PM   #37
dydyusa
Soldat de la Liberté

Likes (Received): 4068

Quote:

Parce que c'est notre projet !

caserass, Avemano liked this post
dydyusa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM   #38
caserass
Normandie

Likes (Received): 5140

Quote:
That false map you made to try and make France look more important, was just another of your pathetic lies resulting from your massive inferiority complex about Britain, you can't hard Britain just because they are more powerfull and important, get over it and grue up, everyone is sick of your nationalistic nonsense, except ky, your just mediocre, so leave it at that and stop trying to ruin every thread with your constant trolling, or I will report you
Lol

Too much non-sense
caserass no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM   #39
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Oh dear.. I thought the aviation forum would be the last one to see french-british rivalry.
How naive was I...

hseugut, Charloose liked this post
Space Invader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:27 PM   #40
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11210

arran21 is so cute

dydyusa liked this post
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote