daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #1
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 1561

Proposed/ Under-Construction small-scale Buildings in Nairobi

Created this thread to post photos and information of other buildings being built in nairobi.

Waiyaki Way Offices being built by a south african company and there is no information about the thing??

Centum Uhuru i think its a hotel development in Nairobi but there isnt much information except the render.

All of these renders were designed by the South african Architect company Boogertman+Partners
http://www.boogertman.com/index.asp

and they havent released any info on these projects...

Last edited by Adm.Adama; June 5th, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 25th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Adm.Adama

Kenya Airways Headquarters

Quote:
This was a futuristic proposal for the headquarters for the National flag carrier in Embakasi. High on the client’s needs was the need for a building that depicted its corporate image as well as the nature of work they do. This proposal embodies the metaphor of flight and provides a functional office space within this context.
The building also utilises lots of landscaping to achieve a pleasant human environment for tenants of the building.
http://www.kmarchplans.com/portfolio...s-headquarters
I would say that the design is unique for the national carrier, But i think they were changed so they can challenge Ethiopian Airlines stunning headquarters....
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #3
Adm.Adama

Found more info on the Centum building

Quote:
The investment firm is seeking to remodel itself into a private equity fund where it raised funds from high net worth investors instead of depending wholly on retained earnings and bank borrowings to close deals.

Mr Mworia says the Centum will deploy this model on its real estate division and will spread to its private equity and quoted equity units.

Centum is expected to start the first phase of a real estate project comprising offices, residential apartments, hotels, shopping malls and recreational facilities on a 100-acre piece of land in Runda. The developments will include a 255-bed hotel and 544 homes.
http://medianproperty.wordpress.com/...ntumss-vision/
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:45 AM   #4
đđeůx
DrEameR

Likes (Received): 1482

Nice thread. Centrum Uhuru looks interesting. It looks like it may be mixed use with a hotel & commercial shopping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Adama View Post

I would say that the design is unique for the national carrier, But i think they were changed so they can challenge Ethiopian Airlines stunning headquarters....
It's hideous. I think KQ should make a tower, potentially 20-25 floors to add to the city's skyline.
đđeůx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #5
Adm.Adama

Quote:
Originally Posted by đđeůx View Post
Nice thread. Centrum Uhuru looks interesting. It looks like it may be mixed use with a hotel & commercial shopping.
Quote:

indeed

It's hideous. I think KQ should make a tower, potentially 20-25 floors to add to the city's skyline.
Right, i would be appalled if they ever built such a thing. The Ethiopian Airlines headquarters is what Kenyan airways should be aiming to outdo
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #6
abckris

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by đđeůx View Post

That building would be a national shame to a national carrier. The building looks like someone's house not for a national carrier. Can they be more creative and at least realistic. I'm sure even fly540 would have thought of building a better office building than this proposed by kq, yet it is a smaller airline. This building would not even provide enough space for all kq workers so why build it? Prepare well, take your time, and build a proper tower befitting your national status, don't ashame us KQ!!
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #7
samounde

Likes (Received): 48

I don't think they can build a tall tower owing to proximity to the airport but it is an ugly design
samounde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #8
abckris

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by samounde View Post
I don't think they can build a tall tower owing to proximity to the airport but it is an ugly design

Look at where Panari is and how high it is, anywhere within that radius i think is acceptable but i may be wrong as i'm no expert in aviation infrastructure but still their headquarters also don't have to be near the airport anyway. I don't think that kind of building really suits kq's stature in our society. it'll be a great letdown! They should rethink this project!
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Amboseli Daima

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
That building would be a national shame to a national carrier. The building looks like someone's house not for a national carrier. Can they be more creative and at least realistic. I'm sure even fly540 would have thought of building a better office building than this proposed by kq, yet it is a smaller airline. This building would not even provide enough space for all kq workers so why build it? Prepare well, take your time, and build a proper tower befitting your national status, don't ashame us KQ!!
C'mon guys lets be realistic.Isn't the financial health,growth and global reach of a company more important than a big HQ's office? Look at the nondescript HQ's of much bigger corporations like BA,Airfrance,Virgin Atlantic or the Norwegian oil company Statoil.Nothing fancy there yet these companies are huge.Actually i don't think Oslo,Norway has as many tall buildings like Nairobi yet this is a much richer country.
Amboseli Daima no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #10
Adm.Adama

And they would need to even build a Skyscraper just enough land to build a KQ Plaza
just like Ethiopian Airlines is doing and it looks modern and stylish....
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Kinyakankick
Lights of Africa

Likes (Received): 25

I wonder why multinationals like Coke also opt to build such small continental/regional HQs. Shouldnt they build landmark towers
Kinyakankick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #12
Kinyakankick
Lights of Africa

Likes (Received): 25

I dont think KQ will build a tower soon. They need the money for expansion bt this design is out
Kinyakankick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Adm.Adama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinyakankick View Post
I wonder why multinationals like Coke also opt to build such small continental/regional HQs. Shouldnt they build landmark towers
They saw a need to eat space and they ate with that crescent shaped building design.
Old July 25th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #14
Malaika254

Likes (Received): 299

That render is so not creative. They don't have to necessarily build a tower, but they can surely come up with something more eye-catching.
Malaika254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #15
đđeůx
DrEameR

Likes (Received): 1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amboseli Daima View Post
C'mon guys lets be realistic.Isn't the financial health,growth and global reach of a company more important than a big HQ's office? Look at the nondescript HQ's of much bigger corporations like BA,Airfrance,Virgin Atlantic or the Norwegian oil company Statoil.Nothing fancy there yet these companies are huge.Actually i don't think Oslo,Norway has as many tall buildings like Nairobi yet this is a much richer country.
Regardless that HQ is hideous. What is the meaning behind it? A tower doesn't have to be built, though I'd love if one were, but at least make the building somewhat representable of the company/country (given its the national carrier), etc.
đđeůx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #16
Adm.Adama

Delta Point Office Block Country: Location within Country:

Kenya: Upper Hill, Nairobi
Duration of assignment:

Design in progress Name of Client:

Delta Corp East Africa Limited
Start Date:

Completion date:

Name of Associated Consultants:

Team Management Services Ltd
- Project & Construction Managers

Widrups Consulting Engineers
- Civil & Structural Engineers

Bills Partnership Ltd
- Quantity Surveyors

Metrocom Consultants Ltd
- Electrical & Mechanical Engineers Narrative Description of Project:

Concept Design and supervision of implementation of a 13 storey office block at Upper Hill, Nairobi
Old July 26th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #17
Adm.Adama

Assignment Name:

Delta Chambers Office Block Approx. Value of the Contract Services:

Kshs 1.2 Billion Country: Location within Country:

Kenya: Upper Hill, Nairobi
Duration of assignment:

Design in progress Name of Client:

Delta Corp East Africa Limited
Start Date:

Completion date:

Name of Associated Consultants:

Team Management Services Ltd
- Project & Construction Managers

Widrups Consulting Engineers
- Civil & Structural Engineers

Bills Partnership Ltd
- Quantity Surveyors

Metrocom Consultants Ltd
- Electrical & Mechanical Engineers Narrative Description of Project:

Concept Design and supervision of implementation of a 16 storey office block at Upper Hill, Nairobi
Old July 26th, 2012, 09:01 AM   #18
Adm.Adama

KTDA Towers

The KTDA towers will be on Kionage st where the F1 stands(Florida Nightclub) The Iconic Nightclub will be brought down to pave more for this building

Last edited by Adm.Adama; July 27th, 2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #19
hotproperty.co.ke

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Adama View Post

That's the old KQ logo. U sure it's coming soon?
hotproperty.co.ke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #20
Adm.Adama

I know its the old logo but this render was changed to something more modern i still havent the new render...