daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 5th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #41
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

Taken just now by forumer Choon
Ritz Carlton Residences
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #42
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

31 storey Seri Bukit Ceylon

Rendering

Construction pic
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:16 PM   #43
Jose Luis
Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 44

WOW KL LOOKS SO ALIVE, I'VE NEVER IMAGINE SO MANY PROJECTS GOING ON.. KEEP ME UPDATE
Jose Luis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:29 AM   #44
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 1162

Good to see KL still going so well. I hope to get back there soon.
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2005, 09:22 AM   #45
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Thanks Chris and Jose

Here are 2 twins u/c!

Suria Stonor Currently doing groundworks!

The twins seen u/c at the back is Stonor Park. Here's the rendering.

Residentials around KLCC kinda look the same.
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:49 PM   #46
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Unknown 30 storey apartment triplets
taken by forumer Choon

Sentul Tamarind, Twin 33 storeys

[email protected], 35 storeys
Old March 15th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #47
Gerard
registered muse

Likes (Received): 707

Thanks for the update. Allways nice to see the new things grow in Kuala Lumpur
Gerard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #48
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

You're welcomed Gerard!

Here's a pano by szehoong viewed from Kinokuniya bookstore

Construction could be seen here (Left to Right):

1) Menara See Hoy Chan (the white building without a roof.....next to Menara Tan&Tan)

2) Dua Residency (with lotsa yellow construction cranes)

3) The Binjai (those two u/c fronting the KLCC park with blue and white construction cranes)

4) Stonor Park (those u/c which has topped up)
Old March 16th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #49
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:44 AM   #50
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1812

Here's another pano I took:

Old March 18th, 2005, 06:45 AM   #51
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

^ Construction could be seen here (Left to Right):

1) Menara See Hoy Chan (the white building without a roof.....next to Menara Tan&Tan)

2) Dua Residency

3) The Binjai (those two u/c fronting the KLCC park)

4) Stonor Park (those u/c which has topped up)

5) Traders Hotel (next to Menara Exxon Mobil)

6) KL Convention Centre

7) An unnamed hotel by Petronas (at the far right)
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:28 AM   #52
nicholasliha
Pubescent Singaporean

Likes (Received): 4

you know hor, all my friends who have been to KL ah, have nothing but starry eyed amazement at the city. machiam they go to space and then come back lidat. the train passage from SG to KL a transit to heaven or sth. Especially Alfian Sa'at, who is SO besotted with KL he vows to leave Singapore for KL in 3 years. So this led me to begin wondering why, after all, haven't we all been indoctrinated with the notion that Malaysia all big bully, and Singapore hub this hub that? Let me examine my feelings on the Vision City, KL.

1) KL is very much like Singapore. The street names sound alike. They could even merge and i couldn't tell the difference from one corner to the next. We, despite diversionary politics since separation, still possess roughly the same cultural stock as we did pre merger. melting pot. straits chinese. clan associations. indeed we are only 1-2 generations from that era of Malaya. therefore, an overwhelming familiarity with the streets of KL. also insidiously, a speculation of a Singapore that could have been, if not for the strait laced cultural masterminding of the PAP. those of us who despair at the doctrinous PAP in Singapore thus find visionary the kind of society KL has.

2) KL got civil society. got clan associations. got artistic initiative from the roots up. no have any committee on cultural mastermind. committee on terrorism sensitivity. committee on learn chinese learn mother tongue artistic society open and inclusive society and this and that. Therefore, KL arts scene does not have the spectre of insidious government interference. Art for arts sake in KL, art only if it makes economic sense (and entrenches political doctrine) in Singapore.

3) KL got nice building. Petronas i like. but name petronas i don't. reeks of political collusion, hyperinflation and monopoly. anyway same like our own temasek holdings. i don't like also. but KL got nice building.

4) ok the one sight i had of KL: on the train enroute to Penang when i was Primary Six. Pulling into KL by dawn for a morning stop over. i looked out the cabin window from my upper tier bed, and saw the gleaming silhouette of the Petronas and KL skyline in morning glory. The city from afar, sitting resplendent in a golden valley. My eyes popped out of the socket. breath taking.

Maybe i come KL soon. Before i go Taipei. In May. Ok. go Bangsar nightclub. Go eat roti kanai (is it?). Go and spit into Citijaya lake (oops). Still a lot of unaddressed grievances with Mahathir politics lah...

"Others are absolutely free; Singaporeans are absolutely not. Freedom is elsewhere." - Simon SC Tay, chairman of the Singapore Institute of International Affairs
nicholasliha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 07:38 AM   #53
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17785

The Lot C development seems to take away the grandeur of the Petronas Towers. Part of the stunning view from Menara KL is the relative loneliness on which the twin towers stand with the huge park behind it.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:18 AM   #54
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Thanks for the comments!

Avenue-K K Residences is set to be resumed as it's ad just came out in the papers! 50 storey residential(55 storeys overall if included the mall below it)

Rendering

See the spikes on top of the mall? That's for the 2nd tower which is around 30 storeys.

Old March 24th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #55
chex
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

excellent panos szehoong!!!! very nice thanks for sharing!!!
i love KL is so green!
chex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 02:28 AM   #56
Sonic from Padova
Николай

Likes (Received): 85

Wow, Kuala lumpur have a lot of high skyscrapers under construction!
Sonic from Padova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:01 AM   #57
Greg

Likes (Received): 59

Baq, where is this KL model?
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #58
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Thanks Chex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasliha
you know hor, all my friends who have been to KL ah, have nothing but starry eyed amazement at the city. machiam they go to space and then come back lidat. the train passage from SG to KL a transit to heaven or sth. Especially Alfian Sa'at, who is SO besotted with KL he vows to leave Singapore for KL in 3 years. So this led me to begin wondering why, after all, haven't we all been indoctrinated with the notion that Malaysia all big bully, and Singapore hub this hub that? Let me examine my feelings on the Vision City, KL.

1) KL is very much like Singapore. The street names sound alike. They could even merge and i couldn't tell the difference from one corner to the next. We, despite diversionary politics since separation, still possess roughly the same cultural stock as we did pre merger. melting pot. straits chinese. clan associations. indeed we are only 1-2 generations from that era of Malaya. therefore, an overwhelming familiarity with the streets of KL. also insidiously, a speculation of a Singapore that could have been, if not for the strait laced cultural masterminding of the PAP. those of us who despair at the doctrinous PAP in Singapore thus find visionary the kind of society KL has.

2) KL got civil society. got clan associations. got artistic initiative from the roots up. no have any committee on cultural mastermind. committee on terrorism sensitivity. committee on learn chinese learn mother tongue artistic society open and inclusive society and this and that. Therefore, KL arts scene does not have the spectre of insidious government interference. Art for arts sake in KL, art only if it makes economic sense (and entrenches political doctrine) in Singapore.

3) KL got nice building. Petronas i like. but name petronas i don't. reeks of political collusion, hyperinflation and monopoly. anyway same like our own temasek holdings. i don't like also. but KL got nice building.

4) ok the one sight i had of KL: on the train enroute to Penang when i was Primary Six. Pulling into KL by dawn for a morning stop over. i looked out the cabin window from my upper tier bed, and saw the gleaming silhouette of the Petronas and KL skyline in morning glory. The city from afar, sitting resplendent in a golden valley. My eyes popped out of the socket. breath taking.

Maybe i come KL soon. Before i go Taipei. In May. Ok. go Bangsar nightclub. Go eat roti kanai (is it?). Go and spit into Citijaya lake (oops). Still a lot of unaddressed grievances with Mahathir politics lah...

Wah........nice diction!

Anyway KLites aren't that artistic lah....we're sometimes still submit to the whims and fancy of the government........some peformances need police and city hall permit for instance.....lotsa red tapes.....

Do you know Alfian Sa'at personally? I've seen his reviews bout a movie ....hmmmm

Well.....do buzz me when you're in KL (or you could contact me prior coming to KL so I could be prepared) . I could bring you around and eat Roti Canai

Last edited by szehoong; March 25th, 2005 at 11:42 AM.
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2005, 11:44 AM   #59
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Baq, where is this KL model?
KLCC Group of Companies HQ at Petronas. I forgot which floor
Old March 29th, 2005, 01:58 PM   #60
baqthier