daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 6th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #9061
xzibit31
Capo di Tutti Capi

Likes (Received): 35

davao to gensan is being reflected on the website of 5J. Php 99 ++ one way. would anybody know when the first flight may be?

Success!
xzibit31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 6th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #9062
arianespace
BANNED

Likes (Received): 328

I don't understand why BXU-DVO would be a casualty when 5J could always upgrade equipment to CGY using a319 instead of two ATR. I find this reason flimsy when they have excess aircraft right now. Note, the 319 has not been sold and 5J has started deferring a320 orders because of excess aircraft.

I would say this route is not doing very good.
arianespace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #9063
chowpau

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianespace View Post
I don't understand why BXU-DVO would be a casualty when 5J could always upgrade equipment to CGY using a319 instead of two ATR. I find this reason flimsy when they have excess aircraft right now. Note, the 319 has not been sold and 5J has started deferring a320 orders because of excess aircraft.

I would say this route is not doing very good.
That could be one reason I also think of but according to the Advisory by Cebu Pacific
http://www.cebupacificair.com/pages/...s.aspx?pid=862

"Certain routes to and from Butuan are affected due to aircraft positioning, resulting from sunrise/sunset limitations at LIA."

Its because the time slot of 5J219 (CEB-BXU MWFSu) was change to 5J209 (Cebu-Laguindingan) every MWFSu.

the current sched f5J219 CEB-BXU ETD 520 ETA 610 MWFSu.
The new sched on April 30, 5J209 that is Cebu-Laguindingan-Cebu ETD 535 ETA 645. It will continue as 5J215 CGY-DVO ETD 645 MWFSu.

The route is 5J219 (CEB-BXU) then 5J795 (BXU-DVO) and vice versa
(5J795 BXU-DVO ETD 630 ETA 725/5J796 DVO-BXU ETD 745 ETA 840 MWFSu.)

The present flight schedule of 5J209 CEB-CGY ETD 1645 ETA 1735. It will continue to Davao as 5J215 and return. 5J210 CGY-CEB ETD 2015 ETA 2100

The answer why the casualty, for me it is both: Flight from Butuan to Davao not earning money and the time slot. But it weighs more on the not earning money so they slash the slot and gave it to Cebu-Laguindingan. For the aircraft equiptment, normally it would change to airbus due to cargo. There are cargoes needed to ferry to CDO from Cebu that the ATR cannot handle or fit in it

Last edited by chowpau; April 6th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
chowpau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #9064
arianespace
BANNED

Likes (Received): 328

5j can and will always use the bigger aircraft when traffic demands it. CGY is no exception. A multiple flight with ATR can translate to a single or double flight with the use of A319/320 more economically. And I'm not inclined to believe 5j hasn't thought of that. They are screwed businessmen and this mix doesn't sound right with the aircraft argument.
arianespace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #9065
chowpau

Quote:
5j can and will always use the bigger aircraft when traffic demands it. CGY is no exception. A multiple flight with ATR can translate to a single or double flight with the use of A319/320 more economically. And I'm not inclined to believe 5j hasn't thought of that. They are screwed businessmen and this mix doesn't sound right with the aircraft argument.
That's one for sure regarding demand in traffic. I think it is to keep their aircrafts flying that why multiple flight with the ATR. As you know in a LCC model, always keep the aircraft flying. that is where your earn money/profit

Many reasons I can think of like demand in traffic, cargoes that couldn't fit in an ATR, next flight that is not economically viable for a route using an airbus like BXU-DVO, aircraft availability, airports that cannot accomodate airbus aircraft etc etc

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old April 8th, 2013, 04:45 AM   #9066
cemby
Demented User

Likes (Received): 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit31 View Post
davao to gensan is being reflected on the website of 5J. Php 99 ++ one way. would anybody know when the first flight may be?
it is an IT problem...as said in their website...

BXU-DVO is doing good according to my friend who works in Cebu Pac... the problem is the equipment/time slot...
cemby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #9067
fieldsofdreams

Likes (Received): 5418

Quote:
Not necessarily the case. If we operate an A319 or A320 on the DVO-BXU sector, sure, it will have so many seats per direction, but is there a guarantee that it will be full all the time? Plus, you would also need to consider the turnaround time at BXU before its return trip to DVO since it needs time to clean up the aircraft before bringing in a fresh set of passengers. On top of that, I even wonder if DVO-BXU operates daily on an ATR which can carry like 70 passengers at a time: if it does, and it does good, then I suspect that it can gradually increase service by adding another ATR flight until the route can be supported with an A319 aircraft. However, I suspect that the route operates less than daily, given its proximity to each other (roughly 35 to 50 minutes one-way): if this operates less than daily, then I know that it is done to help travelers who want a quicker trip between the two cities.

Let's Go, GIANTS! • #OctoberTogether
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #9068
cemby
Demented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit31 View Post
This is apparently an IT error.... so no fuss...besides, with all the delays cebu pac is doing, it would be faster to go to Gen Santos via Land trip...LOL

habagatcentral1, WadabXCL liked this post
Old April 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #9069
b_two
100% Pinoy

Likes (Received): 105

dvo

uploaded via photobucket

davaob4now liked this post
b_two no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #9070
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Likes (Received): 2298

is that Cebu Pacific's A321?
boy muscovado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #9071
b_two
100% Pinoy

a320 sharklets
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #9072
boy muscovado
Ermitanyo Sang Kampo

Likes (Received): 2298

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_two View Post
a320 sharklets
ahhhh...ok....hehehehehehe...smart looking plane. di ko pa nakita yan dito sa Bacolod...or maybe di lang ako naka timing...
boy muscovado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #9073
b_two
100% Pinoy

sabi ng captain... mas stable, mas efficient, at mas sexy... dahil sa palikpik nya
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #9074
benk21

Location: Buenavista Agusan del Norte, Butuan City, Valencia City,Cagayan de Oro City, Cebu City
Likes (Received): 6

ganda ng sharklet..... ceb-dvo route?
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #9075
benk21

Location: Buenavista Agusan del Norte, Butuan City, Valencia City,Cagayan de Oro City, Cebu City
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemby View Post
DVO-BXU vv becomes a casualty once CGY transfers to Laguindingan....
Old April 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #9076
cemby
Demented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by benk21 View Post
ganda ng sharklet..... ceb-dvo route?
more likely MNL-DVO since A320s are almost used in that route... other routes are most often A319 and ATRs...
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #9077
b_two
100% Pinoy

Quote:
more likely MNL-DVO since A320s are almost used in that route... other routes are most often A319 and ATRs...

yup, mnl-dvo route.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #9078
cemby
Demented User

Will the DVO-BXU route cease on may 1 even if the laguindingan airport opening will be delayed?
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #9079
chowpau

Quote:
Will the DVO-BXU route cease on may 1 even if the laguindingan airport opening will be delayed?
too early to tell as the postponement was announced today. But I think it would stick with the new schedule because the postponement will be set on June 15 and by that time, the navigation equiptment in laguindingan are in the process for installation thus it would still be VFR until it is finished. The target for completion is on 2014

Bibendum Le Carre, benk21 liked this post
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #9080
Franz-Bxu
Legendary Outlaw

Likes (Received): 673

Quote:
DVO-BXU v.v. is still on the mockbooking for the entire month of May.

cemby liked this post
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
davao airport, davao city