daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 3rd, 2013, 04:41 AM   #1101
TimothyR
Ike

Likes (Received): 2100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_UK-PL View Post
Oh - very nice. Thanks.

It is bas relief.

“In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.”

“The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"We are more closely connected to the invisible than to the visible"

-Novalis

Highcliff liked this post
TimothyR no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1102
RS_UK-PL

Likes (Received): 3404

Germans were unquestionably the largest ethnic group in Königsberg/Królewiec before WW2. Since the 15th century, Poles were the largest minority in the city (about 25% in the first half of the 17th century).

Services in Polish were held in the following churches...

Steindamm Church (Polish services since the 16th century)

* Some people from Steindamm: Jan Seklucjan, Jan Wnorowski, Krzysztof Liebruder, Wawrzyniec Rast, Jerzy Skrodzki, Fryderyk Mortzfeld, Jan Jakub Gräber, Marcin Zygmunt Zieleński, Michał Pilchowski, Jerzy Olech, Marcin Gregor, Herman Pełka, August Grzybowski

Königsberg Cathedral (Polish services since 1529)

* Epitaphs of Bogusław Radziwiłł and Anna Maria Radziwiłł in the Cathedral have been recently restored by Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw

Propsteikirche (Catholic church founded in 1614-1616 with Polish King Sigismund III Vasa's help)

St.Nicholas Church (Altstadt Church, the oldest church in the city; Polish services since the 16th century)

PS. Update

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; July 6th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #1103
Depeched

Likes (Received): 1090

Klaipėda/Memel. Lithuania

www.onlithuania.com

Depeched no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1104
pruss

Likes (Received): 53

Foto from Memellend.

Old July 6th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #1105
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1110

Quote:
Germans were unquestionably the largest ethnic group in Königsberg/Królewiec before WW2.
True. From what century?

Quote:
Since the 15th century, Poles were the largest minority in the city (about 25% in the first half of the 17th century).
But here is standard Polish "everything everywhere was Polish, from Ural to Odra, from Tartu to the Black Sea".

Actually, Karaliaučius to the North was inhabited by Prussians (Sambian Peninsula). All the names in Tvankstė (what is today Kaliningrad) were left... Prussian. Knipabe (later Kneiphof) in Prussian means "a place of gathering", Lypenikai (later Loebenich) what derives from Prussian or Lithuanian - liepa, leipa, liepininkai (a place where linden trees grow), current Nizhniy Prud (Tuwangste), got its name from Prussian or Lithuanian - patvinti, tvenkti, tvenktis, tvanksta - (to dam; dammed place on the river). Or we can translate Kunigsgarbs from what it later gained Koenigsberg - "a hill on which assemblies of the elders are taking place" (something like Prussian or Lithuanian - sueimas, suėjimas ~ seimas).

At the same time, all the eastern quarters were almost exceptionally... Lithuanian. Today, You can find a street in Kaliningrad - Litovskiy Val (formerly - Litauerwall; Lithuanian wall) - a place, from which Lithuanian inhabited quarter was beginning.

German names - only adaptations of Prussian-Lithuanian ones. And where are Polish names in this city prior to the 1945?

Before the Great Plague of 1709-1711, this city was equally divided between Germans and Prussians with Lithuanians (1/4 in the 16th century). Only after the Great Plague, when all the Prussians died out completely, more than 1/3 Prussian Lithuanians died, very quickly (1722-1756), mass colonization of Germans (from the lands Duchy of Nassau, Württemberg, Pfalz-Zweibrücken) changed the composition of the inhabitants.

So I don't get the statement "Since the 15th century, Poles were the largest minority"

Depeched, Highcliff liked this post
KonstantinasŠirvydas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #1106
Depeched

Map of Lithuanian language until 1700

Dark green - absolute majority of the population
Green - more than 50%
Yellow - minority

Old July 7th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #1107
bolg

Likes (Received): 761

Isn't absolute majority > 50%?
bolg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #1108
Puritan

Likes (Received): 1676

Loewentin was a German passenger liner that sank near Giżycko/Lötzen on 21 January 1945. Loewentin was built in 1892 by the Gustav Fechter shipyard in Königsberg. In 2009-2013 ship was rebuilt/renovated in Płock shipyard ( new ship has some original parts).

Loewentin is homeported in Wilkasy/Willkassen near Giżycko/Lötzen.

Before WW II

author:Archiwum S.K.

2000s

source: ro.com.pl, polskalokalna.pl, gizycko.wm.pl
Old July 8th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #1109
Depeched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritan View Post
Loewentin was a German passenger liner that sank near Giżycko/Lötzen on 21 January 1945. Loewentin was built in 1892 by the Gustav Fechter shipyard in Königsberg. In 2009-2013 ship was rebuilt/renovated in Płock shipyard ( new ship has some original parts).

Loewentin is homeported in Wilkasy/Willkassen near Giżycko/Lötzen.

Before WW II

2000s

source: ro.com.pl, polskalokalna.pl, gizycko.wm.pl
great!

Puritan, Highcliff liked this post
Old July 8th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #1110
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolg View Post
Isn't absolute majority > 50%?
The legend goes like this:
Dark Green - absolute majority - lietuvninkai (Lithuanians of Prussia), Germans - "unimportant minority" (sic!, means in translation - very few)

Light Green - lietuvninkai - majority or around half, Old Prussians and Germans - minority or very few.

Yellow - Germans - around half, Lithuanians or Prussians - minorities

Pink - Germans - absolute majority or relative majority, Prussians and Lithuanians - very few.

Violet - Old Prussians - around half, Germans and Lithuanians - minorities

Brown - kursenieki (Lith. kuršininkai) majority (a separate group of Curonian people, today we would call them Latvians); Lithuanian minority - North of Nida; Prussian minority - South of Nida.

Orange - Mosurian majority (Polish group); Lithuanians and Germans - very few.

Light Green with dots - Lithuanians and Masurians - equally; German - very few.

Pink with dots - German majority or around half, Masurian minority, Lithuanians- very few.

Another Balkans, complicated ethnic composition it was

Old July 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #1111
Dolsilwa

Likes (Received): 16

Germans as majority in Warmia before end of XVIII century? Ok...
Here's what i think: Poles and Lithuanians - stop your propaganda, it's pointless. What do you want to achieve? Both lithuanian and polish sources are biased, and in my opinion proves nothing (german sources are also biased but.. well, it was german country over all).

And i'm really amazed how Lithuanians and Poles hates each other, and i can't understand why? Rzeczpospolita Obojga Narodów - Republic of Both Nations - Polish-Lithuanian Commonwelth (or Lithuanian-Polish if you want) - it's true that in Poland not many teachers explain that it was not only Poland but also Lithuania, and we like to say "Poland this..." "Poland that..." "Poland was great until XVIII century", but the smarter part of polish nation understands that it was not Poland, but Republic of BOTH Nations. And Prussia was not polish feud but feud of Commonwelth. And above all - Ostpreussen has nothing to do with both Poland and Lithuania. Prussia managed to conquest us BOTH. Memelland and Pomerania, and Greater Poland... ok, that are yours and ours territories, but Ostpreussen was Ostpreussen, and for me it doesn't matter if people there was talking Prussian or Masurian, Polish or Lithuanian - because official language was German.

It is Alsace and Lorraine all over again...
Dolsilwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #1112
RS_UK-PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolsilwa View Post
well, it was german country over all
Well, you're wrong. Malbork Voivodeship and Warmia were part of Kingdom of Poland (later Commonwealth) until Partitions of Poland.

smugler, Highcliff liked this post
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #1113
Depeched

Quote:
Germans as majority in Warmia before end of XVIII century? Ok...
Here's what i think: Poles and Lithuanians - stop your propaganda, it's pointless. What do you want to achieve? Both lithuanian and polish sources are biased, and in my opinion proves nothing (german sources are also biased but.. well, it was german country over all).

And i'm really amazed how Lithuanians and Poles hates each other, and i can't understand why? Rzeczpospolita Obojga Narodów - Republic of Both Nations - Polish-Lithuanian Commonwelth (or Lithuanian-Polish if you want) - it's true that in Poland not many teachers explain that it was not only Poland but also Lithuania, and we like to say "Poland this..." "Poland that..." "Poland was great until XVIII century", but the smarter part of polish nation understands that it was not Poland, but Republic of BOTH Nations. And Prussia was not polish feud but feud of Commonwelth. And above all - Ostpreussen has nothing to do with both Poland and Lithuania. Prussia managed to conquest us BOTH. Memelland and Pomerania, and Greater Poland... ok, that are yours and ours territories, but Ostpreussen was Ostpreussen, and for me it doesn't matter if people there was talking Prussian or Masurian, Polish or Lithuanian - because official language was German.

It is Alsace and Lorraine all over again...
I think nobody try to explain that Prussia was not German country from XIII c. until 1945. Hard question were is propaganda, where you saw this?
I don't understand why here is so small part of Germans. We (Poles and Lithuanians) firstly interested in our culture heritage in this land.
About relationships between Lithuanians and Poles I could say that there is thin line between a good and a bad relationship. Bad side starts when we start to talk about Vilnius occupation, but I saw a lot of Poles who understand Lithuanians.

Dolsilwa, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Depeched; July 8th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1114
Dolsilwa

Quote:
Well, you're wrong. Malbork Voivodeship and Warmia were part of Kingdom of Poland (later Commonwealth) until Partitions of Poland.
That's right, Malbork was build by Poles... oh wait - it didn't. Malbork was won by Poland in 13-years war,
and before that Malbork and Westpreussen were part of Teutonic Knight's Country,
and before that those lands were partially Polish and partially prussian (prussish?)
and before that it was Pomesania - Prussian land,

And Warmia - Ermland, emerged after 13-years war.

So when Lithuanians say - majority of inhabitants were Lithuanians, and when Poles say - It was part of Poland - then i say - It was Prussia for almost 700 years - first Teutonic Order, then Duchy of Prussia with Hohenzollerns as Dukes, then Kingdom of Prussia with Hohenzollerns as Kings, and at the end it was East Prussia part of Germany. It wasn't Poland, and its citizens weren't Lithuanians - It was Prussia and they were Prussians .
Old July 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1115
Dolsilwa

Quote:
That's right, Malbork was build by Poles... oh wait - it didn't. Malbork was won by Poland in 13-years war,
and before that Malbork and Westpreussen were part of Teutonic Knight's Country,
and before that those lands were partially Polish and partially prussian (prussish?)
and before that it was Pomesania - Prussian land,

And Warmia - Ermland, emerged after 13-years war.

So when Lithuanians say - majority of inhabitants were Lithuanians, and when Poles say - It was part of Poland - then i say - It was Prussia for almost 700 years - first Teutonic Order, then Duchy of Prussia with Hohenzollerns as Dukes, then Kingdom of Prussia with Hohenzollerns as Kings, and at the end it was East Prussia part of Germany. It wasn't Poland, and its citizens weren't Lithuanians - It was Prussia and they were Prussians .

Sorry for duplicate - problems with sending.

petersgriff, Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by Dolsilwa; July 8th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #1116
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

Quote:
it doesn't matter if people there was talking Prussian or Masurian, Polish or Lithuanian - because official language was German.
Are You sure bout that?

Some documents, released by Vladislovas Ketvirtasis for Prussian Lithuanians
http://lietuvos.istorija.net/lituani...islaus1639.htm

Quote:
Mes Wladislaus / Ketwirtassis Isch Diewo Malo=
nes / Karalius Lenku / Diddisis Kunigaikschtis Lietuwniku / Guddu / Prusu / Mo=
suriu / Szemaicziu / Inflantůsa / Smolenska / Czernichowa etc. Priegtam ir Schwe=
du / Gothu / bei Wandalu Tewiksztinis Karalius etc.

Kosznam ir wissiemus / buk kokio Stono / Uredo alba Wertybes tie patis ira / ipaczei betaig Waiwadams Mosuriu bei Padleschiu / taip duchaunams kaip swietischkams Senatorams / Urednikams / Starostams alba Uszweisdetojams / taip ir wissokiams Bajorams / priegtam ir wissiems Waldziotojams Miestůsa ir Kiemůsa / Burgmistrams / Rotinikams / Sudziams ir Waitams / alba tu pacziu Wietinikams / ir wissiems minetosa Waiwadistesa Mosuriu bei Padleschiu giwenantiems / kaip parubesziniems ir Susiedams Herczigkystes Prusu / musu wierniems milintiems padonims / musu karalischke malone praneschiam ir szadam : Milimi wiernieghi Waldonai / Perschwiestassis ir aukschtos bei placzios gimmines Kunigaikschtis ir Ponas Jurgis Wilhelmas / Marggrebs Brandenburgischkas / Schwentos Rimianischkos Karalystes wiriausessis Kamarninks / bei Churfirstas / arba Aprinktojas Ciesoriaus / Herczigkis Prusu / Julichu / Stetine / Pamaronu / Kaschubu ir Wandalu etc. etc. Burggrebs Noribergischkas / Kunigaikschtis Rugůsa / Waiwada Markischkas ir Ravenburgischkas / Wieschpats Ravensteinůsa etc. musu labai miletinas Gentis ir Brolis musip diddei passiskundes esti / Jog daug Strielcziu arba Schauditoju / næ adbodami wyno ir kariones / kuri wissiemus swetimosa næ paweltosa Girriosa Ischkados darantiemus / Karalystes ir Szemju wissotimesa prowosa atsudita bei paraschita ira / Herczigkystes Prusu Rubeszius pereit / ir ing Jo Kunigaikschtines Milistos / Herczigkio Prusu patties Girrias ir Schillias Ischbeginei / ir tosa netiktai be skaitlu daug Ælniu ir kittokiu Szweriu nuschauja ir pamusch / bet ir tus / kuriemus Sargybe Girriu bei Medziokliu padůta ir isakkita ira / Smercziop deti tyko / silu priesch jůs stengiassi / ir tus paczius Rasbainiku budu abbelnai uszmuschti ir nuszawinti passidransin ir apsijmma : Kadangi nun suprantam ir numanom / Jog per toki pikta passidransima ne tiktai wissotimis pakajus ne gal ischlaikitas buti ; bet ir suderinimas bei Istatimai / kurus musu ir Jo Ktg. Milistos Waldonai / tarp sawes ik scholei drutai ir twirtai laike / tomi perszengiami ira : Todelei / tiek kas uszgul / reik pamislit / kaipo ir kuru budu toke piktenybe ir sawredyste uszdrausta ir gerin pataisita gal buti. Isch to nun Jo Kunigaikschtine Milista prietelischkai nůg musu prasche / idant Jo Milistai / ir tos paczios Urednikams / schitokius Piktadejus / ipaczei kurie po Jo Kgt. M. Waldybes ira / walna butu persekdineti / sugauti / ir jůs karioti : Mes ant to pagalei musu geria nora ir prieteliste priesch Jo Kgt. Milista ir Schlowinga Pleme Brandenburgischka / taipo ir Bylos tos teisibe ir tiesa padabodami / schitam wieszlibam praschimui pritarrem / ir Jeib schitu Szmoniu toksai sawredischkas passidransimas uszgintas butu / pawelit norejom ; Nesang mes ir nůg tu suraschitu Istatimu / kaipo wis tůsa daiktůsa tarp Perschwiestuju Marggrebu Brandenburgischku ir Waiwadystu diddziůsa Lenkůsa tur laikita buti / kaipo Schitus Perschwiestassis / Dieweje uszmiggesis Nabaschnikas / musu diddei garbintinas Ponas Tewas padares bei ischguldes / ir mes tus paczius atnauginne ir patwirtinne esme / atstoti ne ketam / bet idant tassai Praschimas ischpilditas butu / per schi Parascha pawelijam ir geidziam. Todelei graudinam jus / Milimi wiernieghi padonei / ir drutai prisakom bei liepiam / Idant jus / kadang tarp tu kurie toki gwolta ir abyda daro / daug randami ira / kurie Jo Kgt. M. H. Pr. Szemeje gimme / ir isch te ischbege ira / dabbar betaig Rubesziůsa Karalistes musu paslaptemis laikosi / kiekas kartu jůs tas Girriosa Jo Kgt. M. uszeis / ir Szweriu ieschkinejenczius supras / Schitokius perszengtojus ne tiktai per Rubeszius / ir taipo ir artimosa Waiwadistesa pasekti / witi ir jůs tenai ischklausinet ir jeschkoti ; bet ir jpacziosa Karczemosa / Padwarijosa / Gaspadosa / taip ir Kiemůsa / bei Namůsa Kiemioniu / kurie parubesziůsa giwena / ir kur tokie Nussidetojai nubegti ir passislepti paprate / (bet tacziau su szine Bajoru tu / po kuriu Waldybes atrasti bus) sugauti / apkaldinti / ir ing Jo Kgt. M. H. P. Szeme nuwesti / ir ghiemus pagal pelna sawa alga uszmoketi / nieku budu ne uszgintumbit. Kurie betaig be jokio daboghimo ant kitto / jpaczei musu Waldonai ira / ir Girriosa Jo Kgt. M. Szweriu medinnu schauditi nessibaidosi / ir tatai darridami nutwerti / ir taipo to perszengimo priwesti bus / tus paczius Jus taipojeg turrite pawelit / ir per Rubeszius artimuju Waiwadystu pasekti ir suieschkoti. Kadda nun tie sugauti bus / tadda norim idant ghie ing Warschawa ant darba pillies musu atwesti / arba Waldziotojams bei tikkrai Wiriausybei / kurei priklauso / atroditi / arba negalledami ta pacze weikei prieiti / apkalime palaikiti butu ; Isch Karalistes betaig jůs ischwesti ne pawelijam / bet idant pas tos Wiriausybes / po kurios Waldzios anis sugauti bus / pagalei karalistes paraschitus Istatimus / Jo Kunigaikschtine Milista ir tos paczios Tarnai / del to bilinetu ir Prowos jeschkotu. Ir norime idant tůsa daiktůsa / noris kokiu noris budu / nieks ne apsijmtu schita musu Prisakima paniekinti arba priesch tatai passistengti / bet idant geriaus kosznas kiek jmanas / ir kiekas kartu priwalu ira / Jeib schitokie Piktadejai ir Strielczei ischklausineti ir sugauti butu / padetu ir pagelbedintu / ir kaipo tatai kosznam pagalei wierniste Uredo jo prigul / kittaipo ne ælgtusi / noredams musu kerschta ir baisa karoghima Ischwengti. Ischdůtas Wilne / 22. dienoj Karwelu Menesio / po uszgimmima Christaus 1639. Karalistes musu Lenku scheschtůsa / Schwedu betaig sekmůsa Metůsa.

Wladislaus Karalius

L. S.

Jakubas Maximilians
Fredro Waldziotojas
Kanczlierios.
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #1117
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

Another, too released by Vladislovas Ketvirtasis for Lithuanians of Prussia.
http://lietuvos.istorija.net/lituani...islaus1641.htm

Quote:
Mes Wladislaus Ketwirtasis / iß Diewo Malones Karalius Lenku / didysis Kunigaykßtis
Lietuwosa / Guddůsa / Prusůsa / Mosurůsa / Zemaiczůsa / Inflantůsa / Smalenskoje / ir Czernichawoje
priegtam ir Szwiedu / Gotu bei Wandalu tewiksztinis Karalius.

Praneszam / ir źinne důme wissiemus padraugey / ir koźnam ipaczey / kuriemus toktay źinoti prigul ; Wissu daugiâusey betaig wissiemus Dignitariams / alba wertysteje esantiemus / ir Urednikams / taip Zemesa / kaip Pillisa / ir kittiemus / kurios tiktay wertystes tie patis buti gâl / Kurů budu Czestningi Ponai / wiresn. waldzioghimo Rotininkai Ercikystes Prusu / wardana źemes tos Bajoru / musip daźnay ir didey pasiskunde ira / Jog aniemus nůg parubeźinu Kaiminu ir Susiedu / kaip musu padonu / daug Kriwdos / Ißkados ir per abyda nusidůdasi ir padaroma ira; kůmetu daźnay nekurie ing anu Imenus ir Turtus inbegioy ir instwerźiasi / kurie pleßia / ißteroy ir pagreb; potam ir tu pacziu Padonai / Cziźininkai ir Sluźâuninkai / kurie nůg ju begte pabege / nůg musu Padonu ne wel ißdůdami ; taipo ir nekurie Prusißku Zmoniu / kaczeyg dideje Kunigaykßtysteje Lietuwos ne jokios tur Sodybos / ir tosp ne priklausa / tacziau tenay ing wissokias Karalystes ir Zemiu Prowas / Judicia tribunalitia & terrestria wadinamas paßaukiami / ir pawadinami ; ir kadda ne atteiti ir nesiroda / kaip nepaklusnieghi / ir prieß pasistengentieghi / alba kaipantay kalba / in contumaciam nusudijami ira. Kadangi betaig toktay prieß wissokia teisybe ira ; Todelei nůg jusu wiernystes maloningay norim / ir taipo nusidůti geidziam / idant jus ikki koley taip musu / kaip ir iß Ercikystes Prusu paskirtieghi Dumczei ant Rubeźiu susieisis / pakaghingay ir nurimdami giwêntumbit / ir tokius gwoltawoghimus / jů maźiaus betaig pleßimus ir pagrebimus tolaus darriti ne apsiimtumbit / bet geriaus kiek primanidami wissa proce ane to taisitumbit / idant wis / ir koźnas daiktas / kas Zmonemus / Ercikysteje Prusu giwenantiemus / per abyda ir pagrebima attimta ira / ghiemus weikiaus wel atgraźinta ir ateseta butu : Taipo ir ju pabegtůsus Padonus wel ißdůtumbit / noredami ißwêngti musu Kerßta / ir pagaley jusu kalta Paklusnuma. Ißdůtas Warßawoje / 22. dienoj Menesio piumenes / po uźgimimo Christaus 1641. Karalystes musu Lênku dewintůsa / Szwiedu betaig deßimtůsa metůsa.

Vladislaus Rex.

L. S.

Stanislaus Naruszewic
Notarius.

Atasas liked this post
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1118
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

And one more by Jurgis Fridriks ().
http://lietuvos.istorija.net/lituani...idriks1589.htm

Quote:
Isch Diewo malones / mes Jurgis Fridriks / Marggrabas Brandenburge / Prususu / Stetine Pomeranioie / Kassubu ir Slawoku /
teipaieg / Schlesijoie Jegerdorffe Hercikis etc. Burggrabas Nürnbergos / ir Hercikis Szemes Rugijos /
wissiems ir kosznam musu Storastiems / bei Uriednikams / loska ir wissa gera praneschdami / důme szinne...
May be interesting for Lithuanians. If someone are not lazy ( I am ), try translate parts of these.

Notice, Lithuanian language is written in traditional German script of Prussian Lithuanians.
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1119
KonstantinasŠirvydas
BANNED

Quote:

Of course. But before this, it was Baltic Prussia for 2000 or 2800 years

Baltic nations in the 11-12th centuries. Propaganda of the University of Kaunas.

(Notice Southern and Eastern parts. These have been on assimilation (by the end of the 19th century, assimilated compeltely) by Slavs from the 10th century, from the establishment of the Kievan Rus).
Old July 8th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1120
RS_UK-PL

Quote:
It was Prussia for almost 700 years - first Teutonic Order, then Duchy of Prussia with Hohenzollerns as Dukes, then Kingdom of Prussia with Hohenzollerns as Kings, and at the end it was East Prussia part of Germany. It wasn't Poland, and its citizens weren't Lithuanians - It was Prussia and they were Prussians .
Do you really believe that rulers of Malbork Voivodeship and Warmia below were all Prussians or Germans?

Malbork viovodes:
Stanisław Działyński 1657-1677
Jan Ignacy Bąkowski 1677-1679
Jan Gniński 1679
Franciszek Jan Bieliński 1681-1685
Ernest Denhoff 1685-1693
Władysław Łoś 1694
Jan Jerzy Przebendowski 1697-1699, 1703
Piotr Kczewski 1703-1720, 1722
Piotr Jerzy Przebendowski 1722-1755
Jakub Działyński 1755-1756
Michał Czapski 1756-1772

Warmian bishops:
1644-1658 Wacław Leszczyński
1659-1677 Jan Stefan Wydżga
1679-1687 Michał Stefan Radziejowski
1688-1697 Jan Stanisław Zbąski
1698-1711 Andrzej Chryzostom Załuski
1711-1722 Teodor Potocki
1724-1740 Krzysztof Andrzej Jan Szembek
1741-1766 Adam Stanisław Grabowski
1766-1772 Ignacy Krasicki

Warmia and Malbork Voivodeship were ruled by Warmian bishops and voivodes who were subjects of Polish kings.

smugler, Highcliff, Urbanista1 liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; July 8th, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

Tags
königsberg, polska