daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 12th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #161
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

congratulations, Mumbai....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #162
janishkumar
Skyline hunter

Likes (Received): 162

Thanks
janishkumar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #163
Pals_RGB
Resigned

Likes (Received): 8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by janishkumar View Post
Thanks
Don't bump threads for no reason. Thanks.
Old July 8th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #164
IanCleverly
A New Kind of Medicine

Likes (Received): 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumabi-Metro-com
The city's newest mass transit system, the Mumbai Metro, has notched up a tally of one crore [sic] commuters, in less than a month since it began its operation.

The Mumbai Metro, which had started its operation on July 7, 2014, has crossed the 10 million mark and has seen a 100% rise in travellers within four weeks. "Gaining over one crore commuters in less than a month is quite an achievement and speaks a lot about the acceptance of the metro by Mumbaikars".

<snip>

The Mumbai Metro, which connects Ghatkopar in East Mumbai to Versova has made over 13,000 trips and covered a distance of over 1.5 lakh kilometres.

A joint venture between Anil Ambani's Reliance Infrastructure and the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), it had registered over 2.4 lakh daily commuters, immediately after the launch of its commercial operation, which later increased to 5 lakhs.

"The Mumbai Metro is committed to provide world class service to the city of Mumbai and would be happy to change the way Mumbaikars travel", the spokesperson added.
Mumbai Metro link
IanCleverly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2014, 05:30 AM   #165
n20
Vicarious Urbanizer

aerial view of WEH and Chakala Metro Stations originally posted by Suncity; photos by Yogesh Naik

posted by Coolguyz
two levels of ticketing at Andheri Station
[IMG]http://i59.************/725btw.jpg[/IMG]

skywalks and escalators connect Andheri's Metro Station to Andheri Suburban Railway Station on the Western line

Andheri suburban station connected to its Metro station by Coolguyz, on Flickr

JB Nagar Station
[IMG]http://i59.************/2vnfhh2.jpg[/IMG]

posted by Indiadreams

posted by maverick01

From Ghatkopar Metro Station; it is directly connected to the Ghatkopar Suburban Railway Station on the Central Line.

at Chakala Metro Station

psychedelic liked this post
n20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM   #166
AbidM

Likes (Received): 1421

I don't know about you guys, but I really love the art on the walls, they're amazing.

n20 liked this post
AbidM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2014, 08:57 PM   #167
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26118

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=542

Two Mumbai metro lines approved
Thursday, November 20, 2014

MUMBAI Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) has approved the construction of two more metro lines in the city

The 40km 36-station Line 2 will run completely underground from Dahisar in the north to Charkop and Bandra terminating at Mankhurd in the east of the city. The total budget for the project is estimated to be around Rs 256bn ($US 4.1bn).

Line 4 will be 32km long with 24 underground and six elevated stations, and will link Wadala with Ghatkopar and Kasarvadavali in Thane on the northern side of Mumbai. The project is expected to cost around Rs 191bn.

Half of the funding for the two lines is expected to come from international finance agencies, with the Indian government, the state of Maharashtra and MMRDA providing 20%. The remaining 30% will be financed through equity and debt. Both lines are due to open in 2020-21

dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 07:21 AM   #168
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 847

Line 1 of the Mumbai Metro currently operates with four-car trains, but the stations are apparently long enough for eventual extension to six-car trains. I suspect that the Line 3 stations will be long enough for six-car trains at least, but should the Line 3 trains be six-car or eight-car? Or six-car with eventual extension to eight-car?

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #169
dimlys1994

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=524

IR abandons Mumbai elevated project
Monday, May 11, 2015

INDIAN Railways' Rs 240bn ($US 4.5bn) project to construct a 63km elevated rail corridor linking Churchgate to Virar in Mumbai has been abandoned following a lack of response from private parties

Eight infrastructure giants including CAF, Siemens, IL&FS and Gammon India had initially expressed interest but none decided to participate in the bidding process. Request for Qualification (RFQ) bids were opened on April 27 2014 after the bidding process had been extended several times since its launch in August 2013

Old June 5th, 2015, 05:24 PM   #170
dimlys1994

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/u...in-a-year.html

Mumbai Metro passes 100 million in a year
05 Jun 2015

INDIA: Mumbai Metro Line 1 has carried 100 million passengers in its first year of revenue service, operating concessionaires RATP Dev and Transdev announced on June 4.

Opened on June 8 2014, the 11·4 km east-west line is run jointly by the two French companies on behalf of the Reliance-led PPP consortium under a five-year agreement which also includes maintenance of the infrastructure.

Linking Ghatkopar and Versova, the elevated line serves 12 stations, providing interchange to Indian Railways’ suburban services at Andheri and Ghatkopar. Line 1 is now carrying an average of 260 000 passengers a day, and this figure continues to grow as the city’s population of around 22 million increases by an estimated 4% a year

janishkumar, ReginaMills liked this post
Old September 6th, 2015, 07:49 AM   #171
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1141

Since my school life, I was hearing about the Mumbai subway system. Although the original route has not following now (the future line 3 will partly follow it), but at last almost after 20 years, Mumbai got metro. The system is fully elevated. Future line 2 & 3 will be fully underground.

It has some unique features, and I thing the most modern metro in India. It has close circuit tele vision inside compartments, and also black box syxtem in driver’s cab, same like airplanes.

But I read that maintenance is not much expected. I heard in heavy rain, water leaks from roof inside the compartments, infact I saw a video also, this is very shameful.
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2015, 09:12 AM   #172
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17033

Does Delhi have similar issues with leaking roofs and water inside trains?
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2015, 10:04 AM   #173
Chota_Shakeel

Likes (Received): 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Does Delhi have similar issues with leaking roofs and water inside trains?
no
Reliance company bought the cheapest possible rakes from China for Mumbai metro(it was built on PPP basis)
Chota_Shakeel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2015, 11:22 AM   #174
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chota_Shakeel View Post
no
Reliance company bought the cheapest possible rakes from China for Mumbai metro(it was built on PPP basis)
i figured that was the problem... Are they sticking with the cheap rakes for future expansions or are they going with more expensive reliable ones?
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2015, 07:26 AM   #175
Ashis Mitra

Line 1 is running, Line 3 wil be constructed soon, but where is about Line 2?
Old October 7th, 2015, 05:18 PM   #176
dimlys1994

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=525

Maharashtra approves Mumbai metro projects
Wednesday, October 07, 2015

THE government of the Indian state of Maharashtra has given Mumbai Metropolitan Regional Development Authority (MMRDA) approval to proceed with construction of two further sections of the Mumbai metro network

The 18.6km northern section of Line 2 will include 17 new stations and will link an interchange with Line 1 at DN Nagar with Charkop and Dahisar East. The total budget for the project is estimated to be Rs 64.1bn ($US 988m)

Old October 12th, 2015, 07:59 PM   #177
dimlys1994

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/u...tro-lines.html

Mumbai starts work on two metro lines
12 Oct 2015

INDIA: Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stones for two metro lines in Mumbai on October 11.

The northern section of Line 2 would run 18·5 km south from Dahisar to DN Nagar with 17 stations. The estimated cost is Rs49·9bn and ridership is expected to be 407 000 passengers per day in 2021.

The other line is the 16·5 km Dahisar East – Andheri East route with 16 stations. This is estimated to cost Rs47·4bn and carry an expected 529 000 passengers per day in 2021

Old March 3rd, 2016, 02:20 AM   #178
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5737

Mumbai metro train

More photos of Mumbai urban transport network here:

https://theraillife.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/mumbai/

dimlys1994, shashpant liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2016, 05:50 PM   #179
dimlys1994

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/u...-selected.html

Mumbai Line 7 contractors selected
19 Apr 2016

INDIA: Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority approved construction contracts for metro Line 7 on April 18.

Work for the 16·5 km elevated line linking Andheri East to Dahisar East is split into three packages. Simplex Infrastructure is to build the five-station section from Andheri East to Ashok Nagar. J Kumar Infraprojects is to build from Aarey to Mahindra & Mahindra, including six stations. NCC is responsible for the Magathane – Dahisar East section, with five stations

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
Old April 20th, 2016, 01:41 PM   #180
Ashis Mitra

Once there was a good tramway network in Mumbai. It was the only Indian system which had double decker tramcars. I have not got any clear idea about the served routes. Please help me by writing route by route description, and a map (may be superimposed on the googlemap) of served area and route.

That great system was shut down in 1964. Some old hindi films like Chalti Ka Nam Gari, CID – etc – shown me about the live tram.

I only found that –

a) Tram served Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus – where was a large tram junction.
b) There was routes from CST to straight upward, straight downward, leftward up in front of Municipal Corporation Office, rightward down – but don’t know the name of the roads and the tram routes destination.
c) A route towards Kings Circle – but don’t know the number,
d) A route in front of Post Office – which route?
e) Both side of Flora Fountain was served by tram – route 5 served that place, but don’t know the destination.
f) There was route 6, which served Dadar, but don’t know about the other terminus.

Please help me to enrich about Mumbai Tram, because a tramfan from Canada asked me about that, and if he got route details and maps, he will publish it in his website, where the name of the sender will be published. .

Tags
mumbai