daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 10th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #101
Shiruba
シルバ

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozenBDJ View Post
Official sources? . And those designs look great! .
http://www.gdjrb.gov.cn/topic_show.jsp?special_id=14

现代化,中国欢迎你

bozenBDJ, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Shiruba no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #102
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28328

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZ-II View Post
yes, most designs look like placeholders
yes, well actually I like the lowrises and the public space most. The towers are rather dull.
Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #103
Puppetgeneral

Likes (Received): 422

I thought the other project won. This project did not win right?
Puppetgeneral no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #104
foxmulder

Likes (Received): 381

Coast line should be reserved as a park and should be easy for people to access so proposal 7 is the best doing that among finalist.
foxmulder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #105
Puppetgeneral

So which project actually won
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #106
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8243

looks like 7 has won. the rather boring out of the three that we had. zorg however posted that another one won, so currently it looks a bit unclear to me if the shorter one really is indeed final. however phase one began already said barbaric, so i think the shorter one seems likely to be final by now.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #107
Puppetgeneral

Well, I have looked online and it was just so confusing that you can't tell. I checked on proposal 3's website and they cross the masterplan but when I look on AEDAS i see the master plan is still there and it says its an awarding project and its still there. Strange about proposal 7 is that I can't find anything official on websites but i see on some little website about this project. If phrase one already started why wouldn't they release the confirmed design or are we not looking hard enough?

AEDAS design: http://aedas.com/GZ%20International-Financial-City-

Design: [IMG]http://t0.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm5nMrg9iaFd1NWsizkcxbOFtUdv6--9DAnsumyZ-rYVaiwYcXtQ[/IMG]

Tonji Design: http://www.deltabridges.com/news/gua...-town-unveiled

Design:
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #108
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

no idea, man. i also would like to know what is final.
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #109
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

Hopefully AEDAS
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 05:49 AM   #110
Puppetgeneral

I guess Chinese people lean towards to Chinese architects? But they should know that if you compare one made by Tonji to AEDAS, Tonji design is a piece of....
Old August 27th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #111
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

the buildings aren't final anyways. it is about the layout and building heights
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #112
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 94672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetgeneral View Post
I guess Chinese people lean towards to Chinese architects? But they should know that if you compare one made by Tonji to AEDAS, Tonji design is a piece of....
Do not envy, please.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2013, 11:32 AM   #113
Puppetgeneral

Actually I think Tonji won! (NOOOOOO!)
I don't think this article says that it won but it did had a meeting with the people and this was from 11-11 2012.

Article: 为高质高效推进金融城起步区城市设计深化工作,金融城起步区城市设计深化团队建立了每周2次的例会工作制度,2012年9月19日,召开了第6次工作例会。市编研中心吕传廷主任、王峰副主任,上海同济规划设计研究院夏南凯教授及编研中心重点部及华南理工大学建筑设计研究院、广州市城市规划勘测设计研究院、广州市交通规划研究所等相关单位的负责同志参加了本次会议。

会议对金融城参赛成果综合评估报告进行了讨论,并提出三个起步区初步方案与专项小组进行讨论,明确深化方案的方向和重点,决定10月底之前形成初步成果向市政府汇报;会上同时讨论了团队工作手册,明确了工作形式、例会制度、工作进度安排等内容。

Google Translate: For the high quality and efficiency to promote financial deepening city urban design work starting area, the starting area of ​​the City of deepening urban design team to establish a regular meeting twice a week working system, September 19, 2012, held its sixth regular meeting. Director of Municipal Code Research Center Lvzhuan Ting Wang Feng, deputy director of Shanghai Tongji Planning and Design Institute Professor Xia Nankai and compiled Research Center and Department of South China University of focus Architectural Design and Research Institute, Guangzhou Urban Planning Survey and Design Institute, Guangzhou Transport Planning Research Institute relevant units responsible comrades attended the meeting.

Conference participants on the City Comprehensive Assessment of the results are discussed and put forward three starting area of ​​the initial program and focus group discussions, a clear direction and focus to deepen the program, the decision by the end of October before the formation of the preliminary results reported to the municipal government; at the same time discusses the team work manuals, clear forms of work, regular system, work schedules and so on.

I don't know if it really won but I want to see if you guys think this is correct.

Also another proposal for 54 story building in Pazhou It should be around 230-280m right?
Old September 6th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #114
Puppetgeneral

Did they start construcrion yet? I have a lot of news that it started this year?
Old September 6th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #115
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1659

Quote:
Did they start construcrion yet? I have a lot of news that it started this year?
Good question
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #116
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Well, I have looked online and it was just so confusing that you can't tell. I checked on proposal 3's website and they cross the masterplan but when I look on AEDAS i see the master plan is still there and it says its an awarding project and its still there. Strange about proposal 7 is that I can't find anything official on websites but i see on some little website about this project. If phrase one already started why wouldn't they release the confirmed design or are we not looking hard enough?

AEDAS design: http://aedas.com/GZ%20International-Financial-City-

Design: [IMG]http://t0.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm5nMrg9iaFd1NWsizkcxbOFtUdv6--9DAnsumyZ-rYVaiwYcXtQ[/IMG]

Tonji Design: http://www.deltabridges.com/news/gua...-town-unveiled

Design:
I'd be happy with both of those designs.
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #117
Puppetgeneral

But I think Tonji won this one.
Old October 25th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #118
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

news that were featured on ctbuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWS
Guangzhou International Financial City commenced construction

The first land auction for Guangzhou International Financial City (GIFC) was held in early 2013 with four land parcels sold for a total consideration of approximately RMB13 billion. It also marked the beginning of a massive project which will transform an industrial area along the Pearl River into a world-class financial district.
The masterplan of GIFC is bounded by Huangpu Dado and Zhongshan Dado in the north, the Pearl River in the south, the boundary of Tianhe district in the east and Hua Nan Expressway in the west, covering a total area of approximately 8 square kilometers. The core area is approximately 2.3 square kilometers which comprises the Starting Zone (1.1 sq km) and the West Core District (1.2 sq km). The West Core District, which was mainly occupied by factories in the past, will be redeveloped into a world-class commercial district.
GIFC will have a pair of super high-rise buildings in the core area, including a 450-m tall landmark building in the West Core District, and another building of 400-m tall in the Eastern Core District. The pair of skyscrapers will be overlooking the Canton Tower and Guangzhou International Financial Center in the distance. At the Starting Zone, a financial forum complex, financial services center and a museum of finance will be developed.
Construction of the largest underground facility is also progressing at GIFC. According to plan, approximately 180 million square meters of underground space will be built in GIFC, (about 3.6 times of the total underground space at Zhu Jiang Xin Cheng, which is currently the largest in Guangzhou). The 5-level underground space at GIFC will be also the deepest basement in Guangzhou. Basement Level 1, with an area of 400,000 square meters, will be mainly for commercial use. The entire 'underground city' is expected to complete at the end of 2016.
linky link!

Munwon liked this post
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #119
jackedi07
YoutubeChannel:Jackedi07

Likes (Received): 522

Guangzhou International Financial City Commences Construction

Construction has reportedly begun on the multi-tower Guangzhou International Financial City (GIFC), Building.hk reports. The Aedas-designed GIFC master plan will feature a pair of supertall skyscrapers, a 450-meter (1,476-foot) landmark tower and another 400-meter (1,312-foot) tower.

"The overall planning concept imitates the way the buildings are developed in the ancient city of Guangzhou, in which buildings are always centered around mountains and rivers," according to the project description.

The GIFC will also include a five-story, 180 million-square meter (1.9 billion-square foot) underground facility. The "underground city" is set to be completed in 2016.

-CTBUH http://www.ctbuh.org/News/GlobalTall...US/view.aspx#!
jackedi07 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #120
N.Y.C.H

Likes (Received): 407

Very nice design for the tallest one, is this the same tower as in the title? if so height should be changed.
N.Y.C.H no está en línea   Reply With Quote