daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #221
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #222
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #223
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #224
quashlo

Back through Chinatown...

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #225
quashlo

To Union Square and Market Street...

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #226
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #227
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #228
quashlo

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #229
JayT
Like whatever....

Likes (Received): 1001

After visiting New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago and San Francisco during the middle of 2012 I have to say San Francisco was by far my favorite US city. It also seemed like the most Australian/New Zealand styled city and I felt at home right away. It's like a very big version of Wellington NZ with the architecture, timber apartment buildings, hills and density and has trolley buses just like Welly. People say its similar to Sydney but I think Sydney is more like LA.

As I have friends in San Francisco I'd like to move there in the future and start a new chapter in my life (preferably Marin County). Seems like a valid goal!!!
JayT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:53 AM   #230
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11256

@Quashlo: Question: did you walk through all of those areas, or did you take Muni parts of the way? The Telegraph Hill pics look absolutely gorgeous, even on New Year's Eve! And it looks like Market Street seemed to look normal right before the festivities begin. Fantastic shots, and it seems like San Francisco in 2013 will be another great year. I thought I put in the @ symbol, but, it's ok!

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Last edited by fieldsofdreams; January 11th, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #231
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
After visiting New York, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago and San Francisco during the middle of 2012 I have to say San Francisco was by far my favorite US city. It also seemed like the most Australian/New Zealand styled city and I felt at home right away. It's like a very big version of Wellington NZ with the architecture, timber apartment buildings, hills and density and has trolley buses just like Welly. People say its similar to Sydney but I think Sydney is more like LA.

As I have friends in San Francisco I'd like to move there in the future and start a new chapter in my life (preferably Marin County). Seems like a valid goal!!!
Did you say Marin County? That's where I live (and have been living for the past 6.5 years)! What part of Marin are you looking into? Perhaps we might end up being neighbors in the process...

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #232
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Did you say Marin County? That's where I live (and have been living for the past 6.5 years)! What part of Marin are you looking into? Perhaps we might end up being neighbors in the process...
I loved Marin County. Just over the bridge! It's very, how can I say, forward thinking, environmentally aware.... I just love the the area. In many ways it reminded me of Australia (eucalyptus trees) but I went hiking in the mountains near there (we could see San Fran in the distance) and absolutely loved it. My best day in America was spent on a mountain hiking in Marin County. The one with the open air theatre

It really made me think... Northern California (can see myself living there)..
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #233
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Question: did you walk through all of those areas, or did you take Muni parts of the way? The Telegraph Hill pics look absolutely gorgeous, even on New Year's Eve! And it looks like Market Street seemed to look normal right before the festivities begin. Fantastic shots, and it seems like San Francisco in 2013 will be another great year.
I walked all over San Francisco, even to the top of Twin Peaks all the way from where I was staying near Union Square. My friend lives in Pacific Heights (Specific Whites as she calls it) and I walked everywhere around there. Walked around the Castro many times, walked up Market Street many times, walked around the capital, through chinatown, up to Coit Tower a few times, explored many paths on foot all over the place. I loved it and found many interesting places. I didn't take a tram or bus though - believe it or not!! I love the Chinatown there - so amazing, so real!!

I was also lucky enough to experience one of the cultural festivals there in Delores Park, the Mexican festival of Cinco de Mayo. To be honest I did all the 'touristy' things like Fishermans Wharf etc but it was the hidden gems I found on foot, the local treasures that I really enjoyed.
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #234
cahyo cah sumber
"Cahyo Ginak Ginuk"

Likes (Received): 1

Nice pictures by quashlo..

Cahyo Ginak Ginuk | My Amazing Solo
cahyo cah sumber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #235
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
I loved Marin County. Just over the bridge! It's very, how can I say, forward thinking, environmentally aware.... I just love the the area. In many ways it reminded me of Australia (eucalyptus trees) but I went hiking in the mountains near there (we could see San Fran in the distance) and absolutely loved it. My best day in America was spent on a mountain hiking in Marin County. The one with the open air theatre

It really made me think... Northern California (can see myself living there)..
Oh wow, really? I was thinking you walked through either Muir Woods or Mount Tamalpais. Plus, there are series of trails (including the famous Dipsea Trail) that criss-cross the county, as if people can truly walk around the county! Which part of the county do you see yourself living in, by the way? And if you're into Marin, I highly suggest you visit my photo collection, Bay Area in Pictures (Images, link on my signature below), wherein I take photos, not only from San Francisco, but also from around the entire Bay Area, with a good focus now on Marin County.

Old January 11th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #236
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
I walked all over San Francisco, even to the top of Twin Peaks all the way from where I was staying near Union Square. My friend lives in Pacific Heights (Specific Whites as she calls it) and I walked everywhere around there. Walked around the Castro many times, walked up Market Street many times, walked around the capital, through chinatown, up to Coit Tower a few times, explored many paths on foot all over the place. I loved it and found many interesting places. I didn't take a tram or bus though - believe it or not!! I love the Chinatown there - so amazing, so real!!

I was also lucky enough to experience one of the cultural festivals there in Delores Park, the Mexican festival of Cinco de Mayo. To be honest I did all the 'touristy' things like Fishermans Wharf etc but it was the hidden gems I found on foot, the local treasures that I really enjoyed.
Hahaha Pacific Heights as Specific Whites! Yeah, that's a posh, high-end residential area, with house prices quite unimaginable to the uninitiated, with some of the finest views of the San Francisco Bay and the City (as well as nearby areas) that one can ever see, and that also goes with Telegraph Hill. I usually don't give nicknames to districts, but I really love the geeky (and young and trendy) Marina District, as well as the Market Street corridor between the Ferry Building and the Castro (although the Mid-Market portion is quite questionable at the moment), and of course, Alamo Square. If you truly want more San Francisco, I'd suggest Valencia Street in the Mission District, Fillmore Street, and Union Street.

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #237
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Oh wow, really? I was thinking you walked through either Muir Woods or Mount Tamalpais. Plus, there are series of trails (including the famous Dipsea Trail) that criss-cross the county, as if people can truly walk around the county! Which part of the county do you see yourself living in, by the way? And if you're into Marin, I highly suggest you visit my photo collection, Bay Area in Pictures (Images, link on my signature below), wherein I take photos, not only from San Francisco, but also from around the entire Bay Area, with a good focus now on Marin County.
Not really sure which part. Partner is all for just moving to San Fran to be with friends so I'll be happy wherever we land. I'm sure it will be somewhere near Pacific Heights as this is where he likes. I will then 'urge' him to move into a more countrified location over the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County if I can. As said its a goal which I'm aiming for. I see it as one of those "special" parts of the world with a unique vibe. There are parts of the earth which have a special power, places like the far east coast of Australia, North coastal Queensland, Goa in India and of course San Francisco. Nothing appealed to me more than Marin County. I just felt right at home, it just felt right!
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #238
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Not really sure which part. Partner is all for just moving to San Fran to be with friends so I'll be happy wherever we land. I'm sure it will be somewhere near Pacific Heights as this is where he likes. I will then 'urge' him to move into a more countrified location over the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County if I can. As said its a goal which I'm aiming for. I see it as one of those "special" parts of the world with a unique vibe. There are parts of the earth which have a special power, places like the far east coast of Australia, North coastal Queensland, Goa in India and of course San Francisco. Nothing appealed to me more than Marin County.
Hmmm... Looks like you will really enjoy my county then. I'll make sure I'll keep you in mind when I make my daily posts on my album collection since I tour around Marin County a lot that everyday is a new experience! If you'd like to live close to Pacific Heights, then either Sausalito, Mill Valley, or Corte Madera would be good for you. Tiburon and Belvedere are places I would go last, unless you're uber-rich, since property prices there are so high, you might end up paying more in taxes than you can afford! However, Belvedere enjoys the lovely views of San Francisco, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Bay!

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #239
JayT
Like whatever....

Quote:
Hahaha Pacific Heights as Specific Whites! Yeah, that's a posh, high-end residential area, with house prices quite unimaginable to the uninitiated, with some of the finest views of the San Francisco Bay and the City (as well as nearby areas) that one can ever see, and that also goes with Telegraph Hill. I usually don't give nicknames to districts, but I really love the geeky (and young and trendy) Marina District, as well as the Market Street corridor between the Ferry Building and the Castro (although the Mid-Market portion is quite questionable at the moment), and of course, Alamo Square. If you truly want more San Francisco, I'd suggest Valencia Street in the Mission District, Fillmore Street, and Union Street.
Oh PS I really love The Haight district. It reminded me of some 'alternate' districts we have in Australia (though their mostly hippy country towns). The Haight is somewhere where I can really let my hair down and be creative. No judgments there
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #240
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh PS I really love The Haight district. It reminded me of some 'alternate' districts we have in Australia (though their mostly hippy country towns). The Haight is somewhere where I can really let my hair down and be creative. No judgments there
Indeed. Haight-Ashbury is one of those "ultra" unique districts, and every time I walk through there, I see unique finds, from clothes to food to even unique activities on its sidewalks! It may be touristy, sure, but walk through some of the back alleys and you'll discover even more... And you'll end up climbing towards Sutro Tower in the process