daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 24th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #61
RS_UK-PL

Likes (Received): 3392

Medzhybizh/Miedzyborz Castle
It was built as a bulwark against Ottoman expansion in the 1540s, became one of the strongest fortresses of the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland in Podolia. The castle's founder was Mikołaj Sieniawski, and the Sieniawski family owned Medzhybizh/Miedzyborz until its extinction in the early 18th century.

Svirzh/Swirz Castle
It is a fortified aristocratic residence in Svirzh/Swirz, Lviv/Lwow Oblast, Ukraine. It was originally built by the Swirzski noble family in the 15th century. Inside the castle is a small church dating from 1546. The stronghold was completely rebuilt in the 17th century at the behest of its new owner, Count Aleksander Cetner. It is believed that General Pawel Grodzicki was responsible for the modernisation of the castle's fortifications.

mar04 liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; September 25th, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #62
RS_UK-PL

Ternopil/Tarnopol
It is a city located on the banks of the Seret River. Ternopil/Tarnopol is one of the major cities of Western Ukraine and the historical region of Galicia. The city was founded in 1540 by Jan Amor Tarnowski as a military stronghold and a castle.

mar04 liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; September 25th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #63
Ulv
Batiar

Likes (Received): 774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taller, Better View Post
if anyone continues arguing about these historically sensitive border changes that they will receive an automatic infraction.
Where's vilniusguide there's bitching about Poles, you have to deal with this We haven't medicine against this kind of hate.
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #64
Depeched

Likes (Received): 1090

As I see, this thread is example for Lithuanians to create thread about former Grand Duchy of Lithuania territories, which were also (this is for polish nationalists) in current North Eastern Poland territory (Omg)

Depeched no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #65
RS_UK-PL

Czosnowski Palace in Bilokrynytsya/Bialokrynica

Old September 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #66
RS_UK-PL

Chodkiewicz Palace in Mlyniv/Mlynow

I suppose that large part of the palace was destroyed after the war.

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; September 25th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #67
RS_UK-PL

Ledochowski Palace in Smordva/Smordwa (demolished after the war )

mar04 liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; September 25th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #68
vilniusguide
BANNED

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulv View Post
bla bla bla, Poland strong
It's high time to create a thread about Lithuanian Kresy (Suvalkai, Seinai, Augustavas, Geldapė, Punskas) - ethnic Lithuanian lands with photos of cemeteries of Lithuanian soldiers in that lands, who died in 1920 defending their homes.
Also it would be a great idea to show not only pictures of that Lithuanian Kresy lands, but from Krakow or Warszawa too, as there are Vavelis, what belonged to karalius Jogaila, Lithuanian Krokuvos universitetas (many Lithuanians studied there), re-established by Lithuanian Duke, palaces of Radvilos and so on.
Are You ready, Ulv? Will You behave tolerant as usual?

P.S. When will You give back crown, stolen 582 years ago?
vilniusguide no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #69
RS_UK-PL

I don't mind if you'll open thread about lands of Grand Duchy of Lithuania and about historic monuments built for or by Lithuanian-speaking Lithuanians...Please stop trolling here!

Old September 25th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #70
Depeched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_UK-PL View Post

I don't mind if you'll open thread about lands of Grand Duchy of Lithuania and about historic monuments built for or by Lithuanian-speaking Lithuanians...Please stop trolling here!

Built? Oh really? What it mean? Current pole is not pole who was in XVIII c. If we could start about this, Tadas Kosciuška said that he is lithuanian with ruthenian roots. This thread is trolling

Maybe also we could create thread about lithuanians who spoke in polish,

Vytautas The Great as I understood was a real pole

RS_UK-PL is a king of our minds. Lithuanians and other nations around Poland is rubbish, just poles were a light in these dark lands.

You maybe are very happy when you create enmity between nations. This thread should be again closed.

Last edited by Depeched; September 25th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #71
Depeched

Where is your kresy now? XV c.

Old September 25th, 2012, 02:21 PM   #72
RS_UK-PL

Why not show the map of Central/Eastern Europe from 1000 BC or earlier? And what does it prove? We're talking here about the architecture (nice palaces, churches, castles, cities, etc.). Poles are showing map from the Mieszko I or Boleslaw The Brave period regarding Western Pomerania (a bit ridiculous). Ukrainians will show the map of Kiev Rus from 9-11th century regarding Western Ukraine. Again, what does it prove? That Poles (Ukraine) or Germans (Western Pomerania) didn't build there anything and they can't call it lost heritage?!

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; September 25th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #73
Puritan

Likes (Received): 1615

"historic monuments built for or by Lithuanian-speaking Lithuanians"

RS_UK-PL you set the bar too high.

For a time the two nations had separate governments but soon Lithuania became in fact subject to Poland. The Lithuanian ruling class became Polonized but the Lithuanian peasants preserved their language and customs during the period of union with Poland and later under Russia.

@ Depeched
Lithuania was the last pagan country in Europe to become Christian and back then most backward exept Kievan Rus part. Grand Duchy of Lithuania, drew heavily on Rus cultural and legal traditions and later Polish/Western European. There is nothing to brag about.

Poland was most developed part of the Commonwealth that's why this "Kresy" photo thread shows nothing special.

True architectural gems can be found in Western part of the Commonwealth.
Puritan no está en línea  
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #74
RS_UK-PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritan View Post
Poland was most developed part of the Commonwealth that's why this "Kresy" photo thread shows nothing special.

True architectural gems can be found in Western part of the Commonwealth.
I agree with you to some extent.
Lwow, Podhorce or Tulczyn are architectural gems comparable with the architecture in Western part of the Commonwealth.
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #75
vilniusguide
BANNED

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Just face the facts, this thread is opened not based on any historical facts, but simple a nice example of Poland-strong-failed complexes.

Here is authentic 1847 ethnographic map of Europe before interwar Polish occupations of the lands to the East of Kerzon line, what was drawn because it was a limit of lands with Polish majority.

The name of the map.
[IMG]http://i49.************/fky3jc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i45.************/2ppm0k3.jpg[/IMG]

Large map: http://beroma.users.photofile.ru/pho.../122637487.jpg

Dear Polish friends, please explain, eh, translate these words from German:
Polaken,
Litauer,
Weiss Russen,
Klein Russen.

Sorry to confuse You, really sad, but I don't see any "Polish borderlands" here, only Belarussian Беласток

And here is just another of many maps. This time even Polish one, but made before the Polish imperialism (1912) and based on the facts, not the clams of as much land as an army could conquer.
http://rokiskis.popo.lt/files/2011/0...yczna_1912.jpg
Surprise, surprise, guys?

Some more maps. I see all are already interested in the topic.

the Russian reprint; initially from Slovanský svět. Zeměpisný a statistický obraz současného Slovanstva. Laichterův výbor nejlepších spisů poučných, kniha XXXV. Praha 1909, 199 stran + 1 mapa. Srov. č. 133).

http://kroraina.com/

F. W. Putzgers Historischer Schul-Atlas, 1905

Peuples et langues de la Russie d'aprčs les données du premier Recensement russe exécuté en 1897

www.grumlinas.lt/

Very clear, nice, large maps.

«Carte Ethnographique de L'Europe», J.Geisendorfer, «La Géographie militaire de A.Marga», Paris, 1885
http://beroma.users.photofile.ru/pho.../122637551.jpg

«Ethnographische karte von Europa», »Brockhaus Konversations-Lexikon», 14th Edition, Leipzig, 1892-1895
http://beroma.users.photofile.ru/pho.../122637302.jpg

«Map of the Rass of Europe», Edwin A.Grosvenor, LL.D. & Gilbert Grosvenor, A.M., «National Geographic Magazine», Washington, 1919
http://beroma.users.photofile.ru/pho.../122637583.jpg

But, of course, these as well as hundreds more, are fake, the only true maps are those of interwar Polish, hope we all agree
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #76
uunxx

Likes (Received): 502

Doesn't matter, for example Imperial Castle in Poznań is part of German architectural heritage, despite in the area there was always Polish majority.
uunxx está en línea ahora  
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #77
uunxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeched View Post
As I see, this thread is example for Lithuanians to create thread about former Grand Duchy of Lithuania territories, which were also (this is for polish nationalists) in current North Eastern Poland territory (Omg)
So stop bitching and do it. For example Suwałki feels like typical Lithuanian town, just an idea
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #78
vilniusguide
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeched View Post
Built? Oh really? What it mean? Current pole is not pole who was in XVIII c. If we could start about this, Tadas Kosciuška said that he is lithuanian with ruthenian roots. This thread is trolling

Maybe also we could create thread about lithuanians who spoke in polish,

Vytautas The Great as I understood was a real pole

RS_UK-PL is a king of our minds. Lithuanians and other nations around Poland is rubbish, just poles were a light in these dark lands.

You maybe are very happy when you create enmity between nations. This thread should be again closed.

Isn't Kosciuška Belarussian Tatar (Litwa tatarlar) the same as Kalinowski, Sierakowski?
When we "dig" these people, what Poles claim to be Poles, only 1 of 10 or 1 of 20 is of Polish origin. Take Mickiewicz, Lelewel, Kalinowski, Giedrojc, Gucewicz, Anighini, Knackfus, Rustem or whatever other surname You want as examples
These are Samogitians, Lithuanians, Belarussians, Tatars, Armenians, Italians, Germans...

The only thing for Poles to claim these people as "their" is that they knew Polish. When I ask them what to do with historical personalities, who studied in Latin language universities, are they Italians or are Irish people actually English, I got no answer.
Also it would be cool to make a thread "Borderlands of France" and show there London Tower, Leeds castle and so on, people spoke French dialect in England at that time (before mid. 14th c.) after all! And don't forget about Belgium, it also should be named "Borderlands of France" (according to Polish logic). We could make Spanish thread about Holland "Holland - The Spanish Borderlands (Former territory of Spain") for them not to be sad.
I believe Lithuanian Presidents Adamkus or Grybauskaitė are also Poles. But well, Adamkus also know English and Landzbergis Russian. What would that mean?
Old September 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #79
RS_UK-PL

The Town Hall in Buchach/Buczacz
It was built between 1750-1751 (by the foundation of Mikolaj Bazyli Potocki). It was designed by Bernard Meretyn (rich sculptural decoration made by Jan Jerzy Pinzel).

Old September 25th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #80
uunxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilniusguide View Post
Isn't Kosciuška Belarussian Tatar (Litwa tatarlar) the same as Kalinowski, Sierakowski?
When we "dig" these people, what Poles claim to be Poles, only 1 of 10 or 1 of 20 is of Polish origin. Take Mickiewicz, Lelewel, Kalinowski, Giedrojc, Gucewicz, Anighini, Knackfus, Rustem or whatever other surname You want as examples
These are Samogitians, Lithuanians, Belarussians, Tatars, Armenians, Italians, Germans...

The only thing for Poles to claim these people as "their" is that they knew Polish. When I ask them what to do with historical personalities, who studied in Latin language universities, are they Italians or are Irish people actually English, I got no answer.
Also it would be cool to make a thread "Borderlands of France" and show there London Tower, Leeds castle and so on, people spoke French dialect in England at that time (before mid. 14th c.) after all! And don't forget about Belgium, it also should be named "Borderlands of France" (according to Polish logic). We could make Spanish thread about Holland "Holland - The Spanish Borderlands (Former territory of Spain") for them not to be sad.
I believe Lithuanian Presidents Adamkus or Grybauskaitė are also Poles. But well, Adamkus also know English and Landzbergis Russian. What would that mean?
I will reveal you a secret, there are no Polish people at all, there are just Polish language speakers tricked to believe they are Polish while they are really Polans, Vistulans, Mazovians etc.

Closed Thread

Tags
kresy