daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #41
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaden
Asking for help:

The next chart I want to do is one that shows

1) "confirmed" new carriers launching service to US or Canadian airports,
2) "rumoured" new carriers, or
3) "cancellations" of existing services

* Please note this means new airlines starting service at an airport, not a new destination from a carrier that already serves an airport.
I'd do 2 and 3 myself. That way, users can discuss on future carriers serving airports, as well as changes that will be made after airlines cancel services to airports.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #42
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaden View Post
[IMG]http://i49.************/2ccovo7.gif[/IMG]
I don't know if you planned to include Charlotte or not considering that it is one of the busiest and fastest growing airports in the US, but three non-US based carriers serve Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) as of right now.

Air Canada
Lufthansa
Insel Air
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #43
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234

I don't know if you planned to include Charlotte or not considering that it is one of the busiest and fastest growing airports in the US, but three non-US based carriers serve Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) as of right now.

Air Canada
Lufthansa
Insel Air
CLT is a major hub for US Airways also, true? I believe that CLT can attract even more foreign carriers, but with ATL and IAD carrying more foreign carriers, I think such growth may be limited. I would imagine if either BA or KLM would operate to CLT: do you think it will be possible?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #44
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
CLT is a major hub for US Airways also, true? I believe that CLT can attract even more foreign carriers, but with ATL and IAD carrying more foreign carriers, I think such growth may be limited. I would imagine if either BA or KLM would operate to CLT: do you think it will be possible?
Yes, CLT is US Airways largest hub with non-stop flights to Europe, the Carribean, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Brazil.

Anyways considering the amount of population growth and large corporate presence there I can see more foreign airlines such as British Airways starting service there perhaps within a decade.
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #45
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I think these lists should be expanded to include the top 50 or 100 airports in terms of passengers carried in the US. What do you think?

Old October 14th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #46
Almaden

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
I think these lists should be expanded to include the top 50 or 100 airports in terms of passengers carried in the US. What do you think?
sure. It would also be interesting to get data on how many destinations are served non-stop from different airports as well as passenger numbers.
Almaden no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #47
deej

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Some corrections to make:

- OZ does not currently operate to either YYZ or YVR.
- AV does not currently operate to YYZ.
- CX operates also to YYZ.
- IB does not currently operate to YYZ.
- JL currently only serves YVR and not YYZ
- SK does not currently operate to either YYZ or YVR.
Note on the Canadian airports chart - CZ and CI (not on the list) fly to YVR
deej no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #48
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej

Note on the Canadian airports chart - CZ and CI (not on the list) fly to YVR
Those are true. I'd tell almaden that.

Old October 16th, 2012, 03:29 AM   #49
Almaden

Missing links

Huh, I loaded up my charts on ************ (per Skyscraper suggestion) but they are all gone. Maybe there is a time limit? Anyone have better options since you can't directly post an image on this site?
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #50
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Huh, I loaded up my charts on ************ (per Skyscraper suggestion) but they are all gone. Maybe there is a time limit? Anyone have better options since you can't directly post an image on this site?
Load them up as images and post them on Photobucket.

Old October 20th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #51
Almaden

New Qatar Services

According to Wikipedia, Qatar plans to launch service to Detroit, Boston as well as passenger service to Atlanta (currently a cargo route) as new 787s arrive to the fleet. This is in addition to Chicago service starting in April. This seems to be possible, the CEO said yesterday that the airline will be launching 15 new destinations this coming year.
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:40 AM   #52
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

With that news, will QR also operate to either LAX or SFO in the process? EK already operates to both airports, but EY does not.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:23 PM   #53
Almaden

Air France to MSP

AIRFRANCE from 21MAY13 to 01SEP13 will launch new seasonaltrans-atlantic service, offering daily Paris CDG – Minneapolis operation on board Airbus A340-300 aircraft. Note from 21MAY13 to 16JUN13, service operates 5 weekly.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #54
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
AIRFRANCE from 21MAY13 to 01SEP13 will launch new seasonaltrans-atlantic service, offering daily Paris CDG – Minneapolis operation on board Airbus A340-300 aircraft. Note from 21MAY13 to 16JUN13, service operates 5 weekly.
Interesting. Looks like AF made a deal with DL to operate that route because MSP is a large DL hub,

Old October 25th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #55
Almaden

Air Berlin to Chicago

airberlin starting 23MAR13 is launching Berlin Tegel – Chicago service, initially operating 3 weekly flights on board Airbus A330-200 aircraft. From 01MAY13, service increases to 5 weekly.
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #56
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaden View Post
Doesn't Delta already offer flights to Paris-CDG that are year-round? I can't imagine that the market in MSP is underserved in that aspect.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #57
ACT7

Likes (Received): 77

Going by each Canadian airport's website and excluding code-share airlines, YYZ has 36 foreign carriers (that includes PAL's upcoming service), YVR has 22, YUL has 13, and YYC has 7. That also includes U.S. carriers but only mainline - I excluded the regional arm of each U.S. carrier, as well as airlines like Miami Air. Someone, please feel free to verify my math.
ACT7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #58
Almaden

Question

Of all North American Airports (being Canada, US, Caribbean, Central America and Mexico) New York JFK has the most international airlines serving it. Which is number 2? The answer might surprise you.

Anyone venture a guess?
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #59
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Is it Mexico City?

Old October 29th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #60
krnboy1009

Likes (Received): 169

I am guessing Honolulu
krnboy1009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote