daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #221
RS_UK-PL

Likes (Received): 3392

Wisniowiec Palace (now Ukraine)

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; December 19th, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
RS_UK-PL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #222
rychlik
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6603

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_UK-PL View Post

- Berlinka collection should be shown at museum (otherwise politicians will soon give away all artworks )
Where did you hear this?
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #223
RS_UK-PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychlik View Post
Where did you hear this?
http://www.wprost.pl/ar/52407/Odsiec...lonska/?I=1095

Btw, interesting article: http://historia.org.pl/2012/10/06/za...jny-swiatowej/

And brilliant website: http://muzeumutracone.pl/en/galeria/?gid=12

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; November 26th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #224
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5284

it must be a quid pro quo exchange of equivalent value. Poland is too poor and we have lost far too much of our heritage to be giving anything away. Shocked by what I read in these articles, how politicians treat national treasures as bribes for something else.

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #225
glitter
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

i would like to recommend nice blog about Tricity ( gdansk,gdynia sopot/ Poland)! http://www.3cityguide.com/
i hope that u'll like it !
glitter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #226
RS_UK-PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
it must be a quid pro quo exchange of equivalent value. Poland is too poor and we have lost far too much of our heritage to be giving anything away. Shocked by what I read in these articles, how politicians treat national treasures as bribes for something else.
Some politicians don't really care about Poland, therefore I'm not surprised. Berlinka should be shown at museum, so when something will be missing, everyone will know about it.

Artworks looted by Nazis from Poland during WW2 are treated as stolen by European law (The Commission for Looted Art in Europe - CLAE) and must be returned unconditionally to their rightful owners in Poland (no exchange whatsoever).

Nevertheless, Germans still have many priceless collections looted during Partitions of Poland in a few museums, for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gem%C3%...alerie,_Berlin. In my opinion, these artworks might be exchanged (of course, like Urbanista1 wrote, Poland should obtain items of equivalent value).

http://www.zabytki.pl/sources/straty/wstep.html
http://www.kki.pl/pioinf/przemysl/dz...s/kultura.html

Domen123 liked this post

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; November 27th, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #227
RS_UK-PL

Bielsko

Gabriel Narutowicz monument

New gymnasium

Main hall

Swimming pool

Gym

A dam on the Wapienica river

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; November 27th, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #228
RS_UK-PL

Cieszyn

Tomb of Przemyslaw II, Duke of Cieszyn

Museum in Cieszyn

Habsburg Palace (Duchy of Cieszyn)

Three Brothers well

Orlowa

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; December 12th, 2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #229
RS_UK-PL

Pszczyna

Pszczyna Palace

Bison Reserve in Pszczyna

Old November 27th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #230
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Quote:
Some politicians don't really care about Poland, therefore I'm not surprised. Berlinka should be shown at museum, so when something will be missing, everyone will know about it.

Artworks looted by Nazis from Poland during WW2 are treated as stolen by European law (The Commission for Looted Art in Europe - CLAE) and must be returned unconditionally to their rightful owners in Poland (no exchange whatsoever).

Nevertheless, Germans still have many priceless collections looted during Partitions of Poland in a few museums, for example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gem%C3%...alerie,_Berlin. In my opinion, these artworks might be exchanged (of course, like Urbanista1 wrote, Poland should obtain items of equivalent value).

I have read the links you posted. Amazing! Do you know what paintings and art objects in gemaldegalerie were looted from Poland? Can you imagine the kind of museum collections Poland would have had?!

From wikipedia article:

"The collection was first located in the Royal Museum located near Lustgarten on Unter den Linden, a famous Berlin street. The collection began largely with the collection of Frederick William I, known as the Great Elector and Frederick the Great.[1] It was along the centuries enlarged not only through acquisitions but also by means of war booty and contains many objects looted from Poland. These were paintings obtained from the royal collections in 1656 (Polish Vasas collection),[2] in 1740 (Silesian collection of John III Sobieski) and in the beginning of the 19th century (Stanisław Augustus collection), as well as from many confiscations after the Partitions of Poland.[3]?"

Given the cultural content of Berlinka, it could be considered as part of an exchange of equal value, restoration is the key here. There are many Polish items in Berlinka that could remain. Also, Russia still has much of Zaluski library collection.

Last edited by Urbanista1; November 27th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #231
Gatsby

Likes (Received): 10086

now read this...

http://www.wprost.pl/ar/337545/Drugi-polski-Vinci/

however, the chance that Russia will release it is fairly small...
Gatsby no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #232
RS_UK-PL

And we should not forget about lost artworks during Deluge (all must be returned unconditionally, Treaty of Oliva):
- first copy of "Bogurodzica" (1506)
- first copy of "De revolutionibus orbium coelestium" by Copernicus (1543) and 45 other Copernicus works
- Thornan bell (one of the largest medieval bells in Europe, largest in Sweden, stolen from Torun)
- Laski's Statute (the first codification of law published in the Kingdom of Poland, 1505)
- Portrait of Wladyslaw IV Vasa by Rubens
- Ceremonial armor of Sigismund Augustus
- Portrait of John II Casimir by Daniel Schultz
- "Chronica Polonorum" by Maciej Miechowita (1521)
- "Polonia" by Marcin Kromer (1577)
- And many, many, many, many...more

Among others, Swedish troops stole such items as:
* Polish state records (Metrica Regni Poloniae),
* Royal library from Warsaw,
* libraries from Ujazdów, Toruń, Bydgoszcz, Malbork, Poznań, Grudziądz, Gniezno, Lublin, Jarosław, Wilno, Sandomierz, Radom, and Kraków, also archives and libraries from most towns of Royal/Polish Prussia. Most of stolen books are kept in University Library at Uppsala, Royal Library at Stockholm, and private libraries of the Bielke, Oxenstierna, Rosenhahne, Wrangl and Brache families,
* all Warsaw palaces were completely robbed - Kazanowski Palace, Ossoliński Palace, Daniłłowicz Palace, Primate Palace, Bishophoric Palace, Royal Palace and Royal Castle,
* robbed and destroyed were castles and churches and almost all Polish towns, the most notable examples are Golub-Dobrzyń, Krzyżtopór, Wieluń, Krasnystaw, Wawel, Tęczyn, Lanckorona, Pieskowa Skała, Kielce, Sandomierz, Chęciny Niepołomice, Ojców, Wiśnicz, Łobzów, Kruszwica, Rabsztyn.

Interpelacja nr 8276
Livrustkammaren
Muzeum Armii w Sztokholmie
http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/zwoje31/text08p.htm

Wprost (also, TVP) - I just cannot believe that Polish government is so passive in this situation (!!).
That's why sometimes I really hate Poland

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; November 28th, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #233
Gatsby

there are some lone heros

http://tvp.info/informacje/polska/hi...j-bony/8030975
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #234
RS_UK-PL

Gatsby, I see it as a rather bad joke. There's a huge difference between some loan from the 16th century and Polish artworks, collections, books, documents, royal memorabilia, etc. located in Germany, Russia or Sweden. Artifacts looted during Deluge, Partitions of Poland, WW2 should be recovered asap.

Ignacy Jan Paderewski (famous pianist and composer, the second Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland)

And some (not related ) models presenting summer collection in Warsaw

Last edited by RS_UK-PL; November 28th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #235
Gatsby

Quote:
Artifacts looted during Deluge, Partitions of Poland.
I suppose in he light of international law any legal action in these cases is doomed to fail due to lapse of time. simple as that.
Old November 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #236
Urbanista1
Here and Now

I dont' agree, time is irrelevant to legitimacy, look at the creation of the state of Israel as an example, time meant nothing for this case of restitution or even look at the case of the Elgin marbles. Yes, the British probably saved them from further damage, but like treasures of the Polish royalty and aristocracy the provenance is indesputible and there must be restitution no matter how long it has been. It is the right thing to do. But of course we may also get claims against us for restitution.

Old November 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #237
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:

I agree that it should be shown, at least some of the better pieces. I read in a Polish article, that the couple of pieces that were handed off to the East Germans back in the day, a painting was returned to the Poles in a mutual exchange. As for getting stuff back from the partition days, well this might be a little tough as this was a completely different time period. It never hurts to try.

I am hoping that there are people out there who are monitoring this priceless collection and how it's being handled. My fear is that Poles can be "bought" too easily and some pieces disappear mysteriously.
Old November 28th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #238
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
now read this...

http://www.wprost.pl/ar/337545/Drugi-polski-Vinci/

however, the chance that Russia will release it is fairly small...
What's this about?
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #239
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
And we should not forget about lost artworks during Deluge (all must be returned unconditionally, Treaty of Oliva):
- first copy of "Bogurodzica" (1506)
- first copy of "De revolutionibus orbium coelestium" by Copernicus (1543) and 45 other Copernicus works
- Thornan bell (one of the largest medieval bells in Europe, largest in Sweden, stolen from Torun)
- Laski's Statute (the first codification of law published in the Kingdom of Poland, 1505)
- Portrait of Wladyslaw IV Vasa by Rubens
- Ceremonial armor of Sigismund Augustus
- Portrait of John II Casimir by Daniel Schultz
- "Chronica Polonorum" by Maciej Miechowita (1521)
- "Polonia" by Marcin Kromer (1577)
- And many, many, many, many...more

Among others, Swedish troops stole such items as:
* Polish state records (Metrica Regni Poloniae),
* Royal library from Warsaw,
* libraries from Ujazdów, Toruń, Bydgoszcz, Malbork, Poznań, Grudziądz, Gniezno, Lublin, Jarosław, Wilno, Sandomierz, Radom, and Kraków, also archives and libraries from most towns of Royal/Polish Prussia. Most of stolen books are kept in University Library at Uppsala, Royal Library at Stockholm, and private libraries of the Bielke, Oxenstierna, Rosenhahne, Wrangl and Brache families,
* all Warsaw palaces were completely robbed - Kazanowski Palace, Ossoliński Palace, Daniłłowicz Palace, Primate Palace, Bishophoric Palace, Royal Palace and Royal Castle,
* robbed and destroyed were castles and churches and almost all Polish towns, the most notable examples are Golub-Dobrzyń, Krzyżtopór, Wieluń, Krasnystaw, Wawel, Tęczyn, Lanckorona, Pieskowa Skała, Kielce, Sandomierz, Chęciny Niepołomice, Ojców, Wiśnicz, Łobzów, Kruszwica, Rabsztyn.

Interpelacja nr 8276
Livrustkammaren
Muzeum Armii w Sztokholmie
http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/zwoje31/text08p.htm

Wprost (also, TVP) - I just cannot believe that Polish government is so passive in this situation (!!).
That's why sometimes I really hate Poland
Ok, next time there's a threat to Poland, give everyone a f*cking gun! I am not joking.
Will Poland ever get anything back? What's this Treaty of Oliva?

"That's why sometimes I really hate Poland"
That's why I sometimes hate Poland's neighbors. No offense.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #240
rychlik
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanista1 View Post
Poland is too poor
Have to disagree with that. I've been around.
To me, Poland would be even wealthier.

Tags
history, poland, polska, stipson