daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #1
PRIMEVAL

Likes (Received): 104189

Pre-war architecture and urbanism of Bucharest

Pre-war architecture and urbanism of Bucharest

In these first messages are not the most representative buildings (except the Athenaeum) but some for wich it happened to have pictures at the moment.

Romanian Athenaeum 1888

Grand Hotel de Boulevard 1871

Șelari Nicolae Alley

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania
PRIMEVAL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2
PRIMEVAL

Revolution Square

Arcul de Triumf 1936

The first, wooden, triumphal arch was built hurriedly, after Romania gained its independence (1878), so that the victorious troops could march under it. Another temporary arch was built on the same site, in 1922, after World War I, which was demolished in 1935 to make way for the current triumphal arch, which was inaugurated in September 1936.

Stavropoleos Church 1724

New St. George's Church 1707

The unusual health and variety of nature, the concentric organization of relief starting from the giant circle of Carpathians, the fecundity brought by the waters of Danube, all found in same place with the oldest history and greatest ethnical-religious-cultural diversity = ROMANIA

Localisation map for all mountains in Romania * Streets of Bucharest (my photos) * Timișoara, the forgotten splendor of Austria - Hungary (my photos) * My trips around Romania
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Spurdo
Fugging Awesome :D

Likes (Received): 724

beautiful. keep it up!

-Garl Tsagan

AT THE BEGINNINGS, THE UNIVERSE WAS AS SMALL AS MY TESTIGLE:DDDD, BUT IT WEIGHED AS MUCH AS YOUR MOTHER :DDDD

-galgulated by Garl Tsagan
Spurdo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #4
PRIMEVAL

Thank you!

Typical street - Rahova Road

View toward the Athenaeum

Fire Tower 1890, 42 m tall

View from the Fire Tower

Headquarters of Sector 1 Administration inaugurated in 1936, during the 2009 fire. Bucharest is divided into six administrative sectors.

Old October 19th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #5
PRIMEVAL

CEC Palace

Inaugurated in 1900

Old October 19th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #6
midrise

Likes (Received): 611

and the other fire tower..
midrise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #7
VCTech09
Mighty Pirate™

Likes (Received): 3

Bucharest looks nice, with an old city feel
VCTech09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #8
Fab87
Dietrich von Welschbern

Likes (Received): 7152

Nice thread!
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #9
CitoyenNéerlandais

Likes (Received): 480

So much beautiful old buildings over there in Bucharest .
CitoyenNéerlandais no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:30 PM   #10
PRIMEVAL

Thank you guys!

View toward National Bank - 1889

Lipscani Street

National History Museum (former Postal Palace) -1900

CEC Palace - 1900

View toward the "Tehnoimport" Tower - 1935 (the round building)

View toward Bucharest University (the long building) - 1869

Old November 12th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #11
PRIMEVAL

Magheru - Bălcescu Boulevard

Colțea Hospital

Old November 14th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #12
PRIMEVAL

Colțea Hospital (oldest of Bucharest, created in 1707, present building from 1888) and Colțea Church (1698)

Assan House, 1914

Victory Avenue

Lipscani area

Tehnoimport Tower, 1935

Magheru Boulevard

Old November 17th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #13
PRIMEVAL

Manuc Inn, 1808

Hanul cu Tei Inn ("The Linden tree Inn") is one of the few still standing old inns in central Bucharest, Romania. It was built in 1833. At its Blǎnari Street entrance, one can still see the original "seal" of the first owners ("A.P." and "S.P."). Each of the owners had 14 shops, located on top of deep, vaulted cellars.

Today, the former inn is home to many art galleries and a cellar bar. Its ornate, forged iron gates provide access from both Lipscani and Blǎnari streets. It also provides a good example the typical Wallachian glass-covered façade, as the upper floor is covered by glass panels.

Houses along Dâmbovița River. The attics of some of them have been modified and converted into modern office spaces, a controversed project.

Old December 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #14
PRIMEVAL

image hosted on flickr

SUNT Ghid de Calatorie Bucuresti cu Nikon 1 J2 by Nikonisti, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old December 16th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #15
PRIMEVAL

Old December 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #16
PRIMEVAL

Old December 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #17
Linguine
leisure cook

Likes (Received): 3939

great photos...

Tags
architecture, bucuresti