daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2016, 11:04 PM   #201
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

Likes (Received): 34648

View from Ernst-Reuter-Platz and Charlottenburger Tor.

my own pics ©Ludi

soweit nicht anders angegeben außerhalb von den Skybars.

Berlin Projects
Ludi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #202
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 371

Ku-DAMN!
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:34 PM   #203
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxe View Post

pics taken by me

Berlin Projects
Old March 12th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #204
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57894

Some more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisrevid View Post

Bilder von mir
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...836626&page=60

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Henrich37, Zaz965 liked this post
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2016, 12:26 AM   #205
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57894

And even more

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaibobby View Post
Einige aktuelle Eindrücke

Bilder von mir
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...836626&page=60

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 01:27 AM   #206
Blingchampion

Likes (Received): 2886

Dynamic Berlin is rising

Henrich37 liked this post
Blingchampion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2016, 04:53 PM   #207
ELH

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingchampion View Post
Dynamic Berlin is rising
In snail-tempo, yes. Too much political restraint causes hold-back of many highrise projects though. Limited demand in some parts of the city causes the same slowness.

The political reserve towards highrises is partially understandable. Berlin should preserve (and optimate the stylistical coherence of) its intact Gründerzeit quarters. Those constitute one of the city´s prime trademarks and an unpayable, remaining link to the city´s pre-destruction past.

There are however enough transition zones and portions of central Berlin which would be fit for highrise approaches.

There seem to be reason to hope for at least two further highrise projects in the next 1-3 years, though. I think of the Estrel tower the Square tower, both within Berlins urban-suburban rim to the east.

The 2 highrises concretely planned at the Alexander Platz seem stalled for the time being (could potentially loosen up unexpectedly and fast, though)
ELH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2016, 12:35 AM   #208
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

View from Potsdamer Strasse with Shell-House.

my own pic like allways if no other advise

Berlin Projects
Old March 20th, 2016, 01:46 AM   #209
ovaron
BANNED

Likes (Received): 632

View from Leipziger Straße (Street):
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaron View Post

erbse, Henrich37, Zaz965 liked this post
ovaron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2016, 02:24 AM   #210
Blingchampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELH View Post
In snail-tempo, yes. Too much political restraint causes hold-back of many highrise projects though. Limited demand in some parts of the city causes the same slowness.

The political reserve towards highrises is partially understandable. Berlin should preserve (and optimate the stylistical coherence of) its intact Gründerzeit quarters. Those constitute one of the city´s prime trademarks and an unpayable, remaining link to the city´s pre-destruction past.

There are however enough transition zones and portions of central Berlin which would be fit for highrise approaches.

There seem to be reason to hope for at least two further highrise projects in the next 1-3 years, though. I think of the Estrel tower the Square tower, both within Berlins urban-suburban rim to the east.

The 2 highrises concretely planned at the Alexander Platz seem stalled for the time being (could potentially loosen up unexpectedly and fast, though)
It was meant as a powerful world city
Berlin does not need skyscrapers to be a world city.
Old March 20th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #211
ELH

I agree to that - in say 50 years (and even more so in a 100) it will be a huge touristic acet to a world city not to have given in to the global and ever spreading highrise trend, but in stead displaying its historical dome- and spire-skyline still intact. Off course, that will not be Berlin; one could still hope for Rome.

NB: The countries in Europe with the most highrises are Ukraine, Russia and Turkey, not the economic and developmental beacons of the continent. Today, Beirut Lebanon was depicted on the SSC main page, I first thought it was San Fransisco. What I mean to say is that anyone viewing highrise development in status terms is allready way behind their time. Few things are as horrendous as following the Baku developments.

I think Berlin does the right thing. It allows some highrises to grow forth in an organic manner, but still no real monoloiths contrasting with the existing style of the city. That is a soundly conservative approach - as a city discovering the highrise for itself, like Chicago 1920. The Berlin highrise culture should be thus "naturalized".

For Berlin it would be terrible with one dense, locationally pointed skyline (like La Defence in Paris). The only sensible place for that would be the Alexander Platz, but it would feel malplaced - like a Dallas glass and steel utopia thrown into a historical city just because it laid in ruins. That is not what I call thought through and taste-based development.

I think Berlin does well letting highrises (and in time, maybe skyscrapers too) mushroom "here and there". This "here and there" also amphasizes the size of the city, which then becomes even more apparent when seeing the skyline from natural heights or from skybars.

Blingchampion, erbse liked this post

Last edited by ELH; March 20th, 2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2016, 01:21 PM   #212
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

View from Ernst-Reuter-Platz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kil_o View Post

Berlin Projects

Henrich37, Zaz965 liked this post
Old March 23rd, 2016, 04:07 PM   #213
goingup

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELH View Post
I agree to that - in say 50 years (and even more so in a 100) it will be a huge touristic acet to a world city not to have given in to the global and ever spreading highrise trend, but in stead displaying its historical dome- and spire-skyline still intact. Off course, that will not be Berlin; one could still hope for Rome.

NB: The countries in Europe with the most highrises are Ukraine, Russia and Turkey, not the economic and developmental beacons of the continent. Today, Beirut Lebanon was depicted on the SSC main page, I first thought it was San Fransisco. What I mean to say is that anyone viewing highrise development in status terms is allready way behind their time. Few things are as horrendous as following the Baku developments.

I think Berlin does the right thing. It allows some highrises to grow forth in an organic manner, but still no real monoloiths contrasting with the existing style of the city. That is a soundly conservative approach - as a city discovering the highrise for itself, like Chicago 1920. The Berlin highrise culture should be thus "naturalized".

For Berlin it would be terrible with one dense, locationally pointed skyline (like La Defence in Paris). The only sensible place for that would be the Alexander Platz, but it would feel malplaced - like a Dallas glass and steel utopia thrown into a historical city just because it laid in ruins. That is not what I call thought through and taste-based development.

I think Berlin does well letting highrises (and in time, maybe skyscrapers too) mushroom "here and there". This "here and there" also amphasizes the size of the city, which then becomes even more apparent when seeing the skyline from natural heights or from skybars.
The thing about cities is that htey are more than places to visit. While it might be advantageous in drawing a few vintage minded people with church spires, the people who actually live in cities need places to live and work. Berlin, like paris, london, san francsico, nyc, etc is suffering from a shortage of space, particularly space for flats, offices, and hotels.

The reason why there is a trend to build skyscrapers is because more people are choosing to live in cities
goingup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2016, 04:09 PM   #214
goingup

Likes (Received): 48

Upper West hat ne dumme name und könnte 50m grosser sein, aber ist noch ein sehr feine gebäude.
goingup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 04:36 PM   #215
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisrevid View Post
Habe gestern noch einen kleinen Rundgnang ums Gebäude von Westen kommend in den Tag eingequetscht.
Die Kubatur hat die Qualitäten des Kollhoff Towers am Potsdamer Platz.
Großartiges Gebäude mit einer grandiosen Raumwirkung.

Neue Fassadenteile am Sockel

Bilder von mir
pics ©noisrevid

Berlin Projects
Old April 6th, 2016, 07:44 PM   #216
ELH

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingup View Post
The thing about cities is that htey are more than places to visit. While it might be advantageous in drawing a few vintage minded people with church spires, the people who actually live in cities need places to live and work. Berlin, like paris, london, san francsico, nyc, etc is suffering from a shortage of space, particularly space for flats, offices, and hotels.

The reason why there is a trend to build skyscrapers is because more people are choosing to live in cities
I´m sure you saw I´m not generally against highrises - not for Berlin at any rate.

Rome still comes clear with a virtually intact, pre-modern city center - the capital of a developed nation.

What I wanted to say, I still mean; that it is a great asset for a city like Rome. Don´t underestimate the economic impact of tourism, especially if your niche is marginalized and your exclusiveness goes up.

Apart from Rome, I can only think og smaller cities like Dresden and Florence who can do it. Prague and Krakow are about to toss themselves on the highrise trend.
Old April 6th, 2016, 08:55 PM   #217
IThomas

We will not see a skyscraper/highrise in the old Rome. The modern buildings are built just outside the historic centre. Just to say: Libeskind has designed three imposing towers to be built near EUR district, and some people where not so happy for that. Florence? They want to preserve the label of art city, "Renaissance capital" at all costs.

Genoa has built a sort of "modern skyline" in front of the historic town, but the reason was due the lack of space. Naples had built a sort of Mediterranean La Defense in the middle of the urban fabric. Milan is redeveloping abandoned areas outside the old town: Porta Nuova and City Life are two clear examples. You also can found other towers around the urban area.

There was a proposal to build a 245m tower in Venice. Thanks God, the project was canceled.

Zaz965 liked this post
IThomas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2016, 01:33 PM   #218
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaibobby View Post
Einige aktuelle Fernperspektiven

Bilder von mir
©Dubaibobby

Berlin Projects
Old April 18th, 2016, 06:16 PM   #219
Blingchampion

Thank you for great skyline pictures of fantastic Berlin
Old April 18th, 2016, 10:49 PM   #220
NachoGB

Likes (Received): 4462

Love the cladding!

Tags