daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Old March 10th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #25081
normand

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post
Meron ba kayo dyan pictures ng T1 check-in counter, lounge and gate 7?

Suggestions ko for T1:

-Palitan lahat ng lumang tv ng LCD tv. Mura lang naman siguro LCD ngayon
-Lagyan manlang ng Jolibee. La kakwenta kwenta mga restaurants sa T1.
-Yung gate 7 naman, lagayan naman ng escalator. Last visit ko, stairs lang.
-Palitan mga baggage belt
-Bakit pa kailangan ng pangatlong security check sa may gate??!! First check, sa pag pasok ng terminal. Second pagkatapos ng immigration. Third sa may satellite. Di ako tuloy makapag spotting sa kabilang satellite. Di naman necessary yang pangatlong check eh.

For all terminals:
-Improve ang announcement. Panay announcement sa check-in.
-Tanggalin naman mga kotong ng personnel pati ang lintek na terminal fee! naalala ko last na uwi ko, sa departure may porter ako pinagtanungan ko kung may escalator sa gate 7 since yung handcarry ko medyo mabigat. Wala daw pero pasimple pa para kumutong. Pinilitg na sya magbaba ng bag ko. Ako nalang nag bitbit.

Sa expansion, naku wala na pagasa yung NAIA complex since masikip na. Kailangan na talaga mag hanap ng alternate location. And my opinion, di option ang Clark dahil napaka layo. Wag rin naman na mangaya ng ibang bansa sa 2 airport system katulad ng Tokyo. Kaya naman sila two airport system dahil Tokyo is one of the biggest cities in the world eh. Ang Metro Manila, its not that big compared to the Tokyo area. Ang Tokyo, spread out rin. Concentrated ang Metro Manila. Gaya gaya talaga mga pinoy.
requirement ng head office ng ibang airline companies, walang kinalaman ang miaa don.
normand no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 10th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #25082
fieldsofdreams

Likes (Received): 5358

Added suggestions for T1:

• Improve shopping experience by either reducing shops or consolidating them under the Duty Free Shop. If we want to have a decent Philippine souvenir shop, we should bring in Tesoro's.

• Better dining choices throughout the terminal, as well as more cafιs and news shops. Is there even a Starbucks Coffee at the airside of T1?

• If not done yet, free WiFi all around the terminal. Also more efficient immigration lines and desks. And better electric signages, not just overhead signs made out of styrofoam or hard paper.

• Freshen up the dark check-in area at departure level by removing old fixtures and renovating the old walls... Perhaps replacing the solid, dark curvature made of cement with glass to provide more light for a welcoming experience.

Bay Area Strong • Standing for reform, efficiency, and diversity

WarCat liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #25083
medviation
Professional Ass Kicker

Likes (Received): 76

My suggestion for T1:

• Demolish

• Build anew

• Integrate to T2

• Then add your suggestions

lol just saying

I HATE NAIA
medviation no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #25084
tigidig14
Mucho Mandingo Papi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maortega15 View Post
Suggestions ko for T1:

-Palitan lahat ng lumang tv ng LCD tv. Mura lang naman siguro LCD ngayon
-Lagyan manlang ng Jolibee. La kakwenta kwenta mga restaurants sa T1.
nde pedeng palitan yung tv, thats tv/air-con, iinit s loob ng t^2
ba't nde brazilian steak house?
tigidig14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #25085
maortega15
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigidig14 View Post
ba't nde brazilian steak house?
Tipid mga pinoy eh.

Anyways, Meron ba dyan latest and recent pictures ng T1 check-in counter, lounge and gate 7?
maortega15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #25086
nayki
inBUSYble

Likes (Received): 340

Phl to ask Japan, South Korea to lift restrictions on local airlines

Quote:
MANILA, Philippines - With the impending lifting of the ban on domestic airlines from mounting additional flights to the US and flying to Europe, the Philippines is asking South Korea and Japan to remove the restrictions imposed on local airlines.

The Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) has asked South Korea and Japan through separate letters dated March 5 to lift their restrictions that block the expansion of domestic airlines after the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) of the United Nations upgraded its negative rating on the country.

“In view of this development, it is our candid position that this positive report of the ICAO should pave the way for the prompt lifting/removal of any technical and economic restrictions that were imposed by the Japan-Civil Aviation Bureau (and Korea’s Office of Civil Aviation) to Philippine carriers,” CAAP stated in the letters.

The letters were addressed to South Korea’s Office of Civil Aviation deputy director Hye-Ryong Yu and International Transport at Japan’s Civil Aviation Bureau director Hirohishi Narahira.

It would be recalled that both Japan and South Korea cited the significant safety concerns rating of ICAO on the Philippines to block the entry of new flights by airlines registered in the country.

The Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) announced Satuday that ICAO has officially delisted the Philippines from its tally of member states with unresolved significant safety concerns.

Business ( Article MRec ), pagematch: 1, sectionmatch: 1

In an electronic bulletin issued by the ICAO Council on March 7, the ICAO Council formally stated that the [Philippine] State has implemented corrective actions in accordance with the mechanism approved by the Council to resolve two significant safety concerns – the issuance of air operator certificates and the aircraft registration process – and that as a result, these SSCs have been lifted.

According to the DOTC, the resolution of these concerns has major implications for the economy.

“It not only strengthens our efforts to meet international safety standards for the aviation sector, it also boosts the government’s tourism goals,” the DOTC said.

With the delisting, CAAP could now focus on convincing the US Federal Aviation Administration (US-FAA) to upgrade the ranking of the Philippines to Category 1 after it was downgraded to Category 2 in 2008 due to significant safety concerns raised by ICAO.

“This development provides more motivation for CAAP to continue on the long road towards achieving Category 1 status and lifting the European Union ban on Philippine flights,” the DOTC added.

With the lifting of the safety concerns, CAAP could now focus on regaining the US FAA Category 1 rating. Category 2 status is issued by the FAA to the civil aviation authorities of countries that are non-compliant to ICAO Standard and Recommended Practices (SARPs) on international civil aviation safety.
http://www.philstar.com/business/201...local-airlines
nayki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #25087
dorsantiago

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven13 View Post
Airport janitors wear red polo shirt with black pants.

Porters in the picture are from MIASCOR (if I'm not mistaken) and green polo-like top from PAGSS. I think there's also a yellow colored polo-like top, they are hired by the airport management.
Hhhmmm ... if they are not janitors then my mistake.

To put everything in perspective, the picture was taken in the departure area, after immigration check on the way to the gates.

If they were porters, should they be in that area watching TV with the rest of the passengers?

They are most welcome to take a breather if they need to. But to sleep (employee to the left of the TV screen, covered by the lady in pony tail) in full view of passengers is quite disconcerting.
dorsantiago no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #25088
dorsantiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwg12a View Post
Oh yeah, its just how you started with what you observed in ICN that can easily be misconstrued as criticism on cleanliness, it was easily mis understood, my apology on that. I do agree about bad work ethics in that whole scenario. They should have not allowed themselves be seen sitting there and watching TV even if they are done cleaning their area.

The trouble with the whole CAAP mishap back then was that they installed a helicopter pilot from the Philippine military I believe to head the certification and recertification of pilots, which is why that is one of the number one issue cited by FAA, the absence of qualified personnel for training and recertification, while airline companies had been doing their part, the government failed to be discreet and deliver their proper services out of, perhaps, desperation to put someone in place to head that department since the Philippines has been losing skilled professionals from the international market overseas. It's actually beyond just work ethic. It'seven worst than that. And yes, there is no excuse for it. Somehow, atleast this time these issues has been rectified. Hopefully that would serve as a wake up call for the current administration.
Yes, I think everybody is aware of when it all started. And I agree with you it is beyond work ethic. I am just pointing out that it STARTS with work ethic. We lose good people because of our government's lack of drive to invest in them. Sabi nga sa tagalog, naghahangad tayo ng kagitna, isang salop ang nawawala. We are not willing to pay good money to these people, and we end up losing more in the long run.
dorsantiago no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #25089
maortega15
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

Terminal 1 Gate 7 from the office:

Carlosaur, WarCat liked this post
maortega15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:21 AM   #25090
a00556425

Likes (Received): 0

The departure level looks brighter in 80's with the sunlight coming in from the second level, which I think is covered now.

Last edited by a00556425; March 11th, 2013 at 03:35 AM.
a00556425 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 04:42 AM   #25091
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 165

wow... it was nice to see na dati you can enter the NAIA terminal 1 building if you're sending off someone... I remember when I was a kid that I was excited to enter the airport when my aunt was leaving for the US in the 80's...

though i no longer remember that it was that crowded in the building back then...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #25092
chrismartin02

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayki View Post
Phl to ask Japan, South Korea to lift restrictions on local airlines

http://www.philstar.com/business/201...local-airlines
PhilStar again! hehehhe.. Hay sana nga tuloy tuloy na yung lifting ng mga restriction imposed on us by various civil aviation authorities. I would like to fly to Europe without using connecting flights in Hong Kong or Singapore or the Middle East.
chrismartin02 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:55 AM   #25093
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 587

Sec. Abaya going to Tokyo tom re: NAIA 3 repair works by Takenaka

Quote:
xxx

As for NAIA 3, Sec. Abaya said it will be fully operational by December this year. He said he is going to Tokyo tomorrow to clinch the agreement with Takenaka. But the work on the structural integrity of the terminal has started already.

xxx

Source
absinthe_888 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #25094
nayki
inBUSYble

Likes (Received): 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by a00556425 View Post

The departure level looks brighter in 80's with the sunlight coming in from the second level, which I think is covered now.
Mukhang walang masyadong pinag bago ah
nayki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #25095
fieldsofdreams

I can remember taking off from T1 all the time, and I would see a darker version of the building… talagang time na for renovations kasi yung picture, 1980s pa. It's 30 years after right now, so isn't it time to have a proper renovation? I recall flying with PAL, Cathay Pacific, Air France, and Northwest from T1 (before PR moved to the new T2).

Old March 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #25096
tigidig14
Mucho Mandingo Papi

iyakan blues jan haa @ naia pics

anyway, i remember flying with united airlines first time to go to u.s from pnas, count how long was that?
tigidig14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #25097
fieldsofdreams

20 or 30 years ago? United has returned to the Philippines when Continental merged with UA some years back, but it only operates to Guam and Truk, not Tokyo or the mainland US.

Old March 11th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #25098
trainsignal

Quote:
Originally Posted by a00556425 View Post

oh so well-wishers were allowed to enter the lobby then.
those were the times 'when people "dress up" to ride an airplane' or in this case, enter a terminal.

by the way, where were the check-in counters located back then?
trainsignal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #25099
socialaccount21

Likes (Received): 1

First time ko sa Terminal 3 last weekend! Super ganda! I've noticed some on-going upgrades sa structure. Siguro this is part of their preparation to transfer all international flights to T3. I hope by the end of this year, doon na sila lahat.
socialaccount21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #25100
seven13

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsantiago View Post

Hhhmmm ... if they are not janitors then my mistake.

To put everything in perspective, the picture was taken in the departure area, after immigration check on the way to the gates.

If they were porters, should they be in that area watching TV with the rest of the passengers?

They are most welcome to take a breather if they need to. But to sleep (employee to the left of the TV screen, covered by the lady in pony tail) in full view of passengers is quite disconcerting.
I have to agree when it comes to employee sitting in that area resting and watching tv. It also irkes me.

The same as in T2. Cleaners using the computer station checking their own FB. I was a passenger back then.
seven13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote