daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 12:24 AM   #41
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3536

I wouldn't be surprised if Denmark and Portugal would meet up yet again.

But if I had to change anything it would be a better distribution of the larger stadiums in all groups, group A and B seems to have them all and group E got no one.
Norway and Montenegro have no stadium allocated for their match so they could get one of the big stadiums.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:50 AM   #42
Leedsrule

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo-anders View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Denmark and Portugal would meet up yet again.

But if I had to change anything it would be a better distribution of the larger stadiums in all groups, group A and B seems to have them all and group E got no one.
Norway and Montenegro have no stadium allocated for their match so they could get one of the big stadiums.
Ah yes, I didn't notice that, edited now. At the moment the stadiums hold these number of games:
Wembley- 7
Twickenham- 5
Olympic- 5
Emirates- 5
New Spurs- 5
Stamford Bridge- 4
New QPR- 4
New Crystal Palace- 5
The Valley- 4
Craven Cottage- 4
The Den- 4
Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 01:32 PM   #43
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 3536

now I´m just nitpicking but seing that both West Ham´s, QPR, Crystal Palace and Tottenham´s new stadiums are included are Chelsea not working on their own 60.000´ish stadium.

If its located on another site then Stamford Bridge could be kept for this tournament and the same could said about Upton Park Park (Boleyn Ground) both replacing the New New Den and Craven Cottage.
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #44
GEwinnen
Rekordvizemeister

Likes (Received): 2748

@leeds

Wake up, dude, this will never happen! 200,000 (or more) fans of the participating 24 countries at the same time in just one city? Even though it's the biggest city in Europe, they couldn't handle this!
GEwinnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM   #45
Leedsrule

Likes (Received): 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEwinnen View Post
@leeds

Wake up, dude, this will never happen! 200,000 (or more) fans of the participating 24 countries at the same time in just one city? Even though it's the biggest city in Europe, they couldn't handle this!
Hahaha i'm dreaming! Obviously it's not going to happen, you think the FA look on here?! Despite the fact it will never happen, i still believe that London has a good enough infrastructure to hold the tournament alone. I mean it held the Olympics more than easily, and during the euro's there would only be 2 or 3 games per day, less than an average saturday in London. There are enough hotels and training facilities too. The problems such as seggrigating fans are minor in comparison to some of the problems other euro bids have faced.

chibimatty liked this post
Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #46
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10736

You never know, this might just happen. As long as everyone involved benefits, why not.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities

chibimatty liked this post
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM   #47
RobH

Likes (Received): 10338

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEwinnen View Post
@leeds

Doha 2022 is happening apparently. London is six time the size and would have to host 8 fewer teams!

And actually, worth pointing out that the Olympic Park handled nearly 300,000 people on its busiest days last Summer.

London could cope with this; though of course it would never bid and never be awarded it! It's an interesting hypothetical.

alexandru.mircea, JimB, chibimatty liked this post
RobH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #48
GEwinnen
Rekordvizemeister

Likes (Received): 2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Doha 2022 is happening apparently. London is six time the size and would have to host 8 fewer teams!

And actually, worth pointing out that the Olympic Park handled nearly 300,000 people on its busiest days last Summer.

London could cope with this; though of course it would never bid and never be awarded it! It's an interesting hypothetical.
I guess a Euro 2020 in London would attract many more fans than a WC in Qatar!
The population in a 1000km-circle around London is (estimated) 200,000,000 ppl , they could reach London by car in a day or in 2hrs by plane!

btw, you can't compare the guests of Olympic Games with football fans:-))
GEwinnen no está en línea   Reply With Quote