daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2012, 04:12 AM   #1
FXtrader

Likes (Received): 2

Any architecture schools that don't require a portfolio?

I am finishing high school but I haven't taken any art classes. I have no portfolio to present what so ever. I really want to go to an architecture school, but most of the ones that I have seen require a portfolio. What the heck am I supposed to do?
FXtrader no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #2
Knitemplar

Likes (Received): 276

University of Phoenix.
Knitemplar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #3
Alemanniafan

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtrader View Post
I am finishing high school but I haven't taken any art classes. I have no portfolio to present what so ever. I really want to go to an architecture school, but most of the ones that I have seen require a portfolio. What the heck am I supposed to do?
If its something you're generally not opposed to or that you'd find interesting, then you might also want to consider studying abroad.
In Europe for example you could also find several even very good universities that don't ask for a portfolio and numerous European universities also offer international studying programms in english language.

But since you of course don't necessarily meet the local or european qualifications to study you'd have to see individually what each of the universities (especially in the different countries) require and how well you meet those varying local requirements (for example if your grades are good enough or if you might need a certain minimum degree or amout of classes in college etc...) and what you might need to do additionally to meet them.

But since there are plenty of options if you do it clever and have reasonably good grades, then you should certainly be able to find a more or less good place that suits you and that you enjoy studying at, probably also even places with a very good reputation, probably even better than you might be able to attend in the US.

But it would certainly take a reasonable extra effort to organize and to solve the various problems and obstacles that come with studying abroad and depending on what country you picked, you might also have to attend college in the US for some time first in order to meet local admission requirements.
I personally can only encourage anyone to take the option of studying abroad into consideration if you're the kind of person that would enjoy it.
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #4
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10282

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtrader View Post
but most

Why not just attend one of the few that you've looked at that doesn't?

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)
Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #5
UjaiDidida
Ruzaini Roosfa

Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently in: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak
Likes (Received): 1813

What must be included in a portfolio..?
UjaiDidida no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #6
FXtrader

Likes (Received): 2

Or I could just create my own portfolio without the help of a teacher...
FXtrader no está en línea   Reply With Quote