daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area For Birmingham, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM   #101
brum2003

Likes (Received): 101

Why does it bother you what anyone on a Birmingham Forum says about Manchester!
- how do I block these tedious mancunians from littering these forums with inane drivel every time Manchester is mentioned ? Please anyone, help, its driving me insane
brum2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #102
LNGCats

Likes (Received): 326

It doesn't, I'm simply correcting him.

Perhaps if you stopped taking about Manchester it wouldn't happen. I don't see the references to Sheffield, Leeds, Liverpool on here, just Manchester over and over again.

2+2=4 no matter what your opinion is

My favourite colour being red makes me no more or less intelligent than someone who prefers green.
LNGCats no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM   #103
Smileyface
BAND AID

Likes (Received): 7

Reading through the sudden deterioration of this thread reminds me of why I don't post much on ssc these days
Smileyface no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:27 PM   #104
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 262

Well its over again today for our wonderful Christmas market and here to a Very merry christmas to all other SSC people.

Lets hope for a very merry Brummy christmas and an even better Brummy 2013.

and

Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:29 PM   #105
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 262

Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:31 PM   #106
VDB

Likes (Received): 2245

Just ignore LNGCats, he's a knob and I'd hate you to think that all us Mancunians are like him.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas Brum
VDB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #107
brum2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB
Just ignore LNGCats, he's a knob and I'd hate you to think that all us Mancunians are like him.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas Brum
Lol thanks and far from it :-)
brum2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 04:44 AM   #108
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileyface View Post
Reading through the sudden deterioration of this thread reminds me of why I don't post much on ssc these days
Mmhmm

Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. I didn't get much of a chance to check out the Christmas market because it was so rammed but the addition of the little fairground looks great.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #109
Spread
Brummie & Proud

From Business Desk:

Birmingham Christmas campaign heralded a success

BIRMINGHAM’S Christmas campaign, run in partnership with national tourism board VisitEngland, has been declared a success after attracting a record number of coach visitors.

The collaborative campaign led by Visit Birmingham, ‘Open for Christmas’, aimed to position the city as a as must-visit destination offering a unique festive experience.

The city’s destination marketing agency joined forces with more than 15 partners, including Retail Birmingham and train operator London Midland, to deliver the integrated marketing campaign comprising national and regional advertising, door drops, creative PR, digital, social media and radio promotions with voiceovers from Smethwick-born film star Julie Walters.

Its campaign generated nearly £850,000 in positive media coverage across international, national and regional titles with the number of articles increasing by nearly two thirds from the previous year.

Hotels enjoyed occupancy rates of over 80% throughout the festive season - peaking at 85% in mid-December - with revenues up by 11% compared to the same period in 2011.

Bookings with Visit Birmingham’s ‘Meet and Greet’ welcome service also rocketed with 155 coaches and 7,332 passengers descending on the city’s popular Frankfurt Christmas Market - a rise of 36% and 37% respectively - with enquiries to Visitor Information Services reaching 1.6m, up from approximately 130,000 the previous quarter.

Emma Gray, director of marketing services at Visit Birmingham, said: “Working collaboratively with partners has enabled us to pool the city’s resources and deliver a highly successful Christmas campaign that has helped to boost the profile of Birmingham and the wider region during the competitive festive period.

“The ‘Open for Christmas’ campaign targeted visitors to spend a break in Birmingham during the festive period - record numbers of coach visitors, travelling from locations such as Teignmouth and Darlington, high hotel occupancy and increased enquiries to our Visitor Information Services demonstrate that Birmingham is growing in popularity as a festive destination.”
Spread no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
birmingham, christmas