daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #1
born2draw

Likes (Received): 0

High rises location in Europe

Halloo
Can anyone help me to find schemes/ plans where and WHY high rises were built in that place? I am interested in plans of the cities with high rises districts or linear location ( as Frankfurt)..
Thanks!
born2draw no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #2
ProdayuSlona
Деревню гадюкино смыло

Likes (Received): 102

IBC in Moscow is being built at the site of a former quarry. That site was chosen because it is not far from the center but nothing of historical significance would be lost.
ProdayuSlona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #3
born2draw

Likes (Received): 0

I need plans/ schemaicts .. I can't find anywhere...
born2draw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Victhor
Que paza!!!

Likes (Received): 1707

This is a short documentary about Benidorm's urban planning history, but it's in spanish. It says that in the 60s there was a hotel/apartment construction boom and then they decided to make a very ambitious urban planning, they decided to restrict the buildings land ocupation, so they would be taller, allowing to have more free space in the ground for swimming pools, gardens, wide avenues and the most aparments could have better views, it was a long therm planning, nowadays it's not yet completed.
This is what I found in english in wikipedia: "In 1954 Pedro Zaragoza Orts, the then young Mayor of Benidorm, created the Plan General de Ordenación (city building plan) that ensured, via a complex construction formula, every building would have an area of ‘leisure’ land, guaranteeing a future free of the excesses of cramped construction seen in other areas of Spain. It is the only city in Spain that still adheres to this rigid rule. "
So, despite what most people think, Benidorm is one of the most plannified cities in Europe. It's one of the most efficient and sustainable cities, yet highly profitable.

Here you can find an article about Benidorm's urban planning in english:
http://www.via-arquitectura.net/ara06/ara06-122.htm
Victhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote