daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:01 PM   #181
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register
 
Ji-Ja-Jot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney / Hamburg
Posts: 9,485
Likes (Received): 27231

why do you think I hate russia?
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:11 PM   #182
VitMos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,336
Likes (Received): 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
why do you think I hate russia?
Is not it funny to compare a flat city with several high-rise buildings and huge city with more than a hundred high buildings. I come to what you just discriminate against my country I hope this is not true
VitMos no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #183
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register
 
Ji-Ja-Jot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney / Hamburg
Posts: 9,485
Likes (Received): 27231

You are saying: "JJJ posted a picture of Hamburg, because he hates russia"?
Seriously?
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #184
VitMos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,336
Likes (Received): 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
You are saying: "JJJ posted a picture of Hamburg, because he hates russia"?
Seriously?
you often edit your message, I do not know what to answer me
ok ,
explain to me the reasons why you believe that Ekaterinburg at Birmingham
I'm sorry, I did not want to touch your feelings, I just do not understand your comparison
VitMos no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:26 PM   #185
Union.SLO
Existere et persistere
 
Union.SLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna
Posts: 9,149
Likes (Received): 2044

Sorry VitMos but I too think you're being a bit paranoid and you've interpreted his post completely different as it was meant. I mean the guy said it's nice to see photos of less known skylines like Yekaterinburg's and in post later you accuse him of being hateful?
Union.SLO está en línea ahora  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:31 PM   #186
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register
 
Ji-Ja-Jot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sydney / Hamburg
Posts: 9,485
Likes (Received): 27231

Yes, I edit my messages, because very often it is not clear what you are intending to express. I posted a picture and you pointed on it "you comparing it to Ekata. hahahalol"
I was unsure what you are refering to, so I edited it to "No, I posted a picture" and asked for your point.
Your point was, that I would hate russia, what is a very poor argumantation, btw. From your last comment I guess you are agry because I wrote, that Eka needs a central eyecatcher, if not it would look a bit like brimingham skyline twice mass and slighty better in quality.
Is this interpretation of the reason of your complaiment right?
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM   #187
Donodöner
Public Enemy №1
 
Donodöner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Perm, Duisburg
Posts: 1,676
Likes (Received): 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmelwärts View Post
you also forgot vienna, but included grozny instead..




Thank you for posting almost 20 years old pictures
Btw the picture has something romantic.







Europe's biggest mosque.








The sources you can see in the pictures
__________________
Lakhta Center
Evolution Tower

Grand City Moscow


Donodöner posted this like


Sorry, away for a long time, 'cause engineering student
Donodöner no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 03:44 PM   #188
VitMos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,336
Likes (Received): 1646

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
Yes, I edit my messages, because very often it is not clear what you are intending to express. I posted a picture and you pointed on it "you comparing it to Ekata. hahahalol"
I was unsure what you are refering to, so I edited it to "No, I posted a picture" and asked for your point.
Your point was, that I would hate russia, what is a very poor argumantation, btw. From your last comment I guess you are agry because I wrote, that Eka needs a central eyecatcher, if not it would look a bit like brimingham skyline twice mass and slighty better in quality.
Is this interpretation of the reason of your complaiment right?
I deleted this stupid post, I hope everyone is happy now
I saw your post from a hint of the fact that Ekaterinburg is too small for the subject and comparable only with a small skyline Birmingham
I think it's just the complexity of translation again sorry for my misunderstanding
Ekaterinburg fell into a few easy thanks to a group of two towers being built that may close all the gaps in skyline


VitMos no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM   #189
Nubian_Warrior
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,171
Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
Yes, I edit my messages, because very often it is not clear what you are intending to express. I posted a picture and you pointed on it "you comparing it to Ekata. hahahalol"
I was unsure what you are refering to, so I edited it to "No, I posted a picture" and asked for your point.
Your point was, that I would hate russia, what is a very poor argumantation, btw. From your last comment I guess you are agry because I wrote, that Eka needs a central eyecatcher, if not it would look a bit like brimingham skyline twice mass and slighty better in quality.
Is this interpretation of the reason of your complaiment right?
Guys lets cool it down it's just a skyline and I doubt that any Of the posters here owns a skyscraper
As for birmingham in the UK I think Ekatrinberg easily outperform Birmingham as it has handful of buildings 100m+ tall plus the current U/C ones , Birmingham in the UK looks pretty much like Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk



Birmingham
Nubian_Warrior no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #190
Alexenergy
Registered User
 
Alexenergy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St-P
Posts: 1,484
Likes (Received): 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubian_Warrior View Post
Guys lets cool it down it's just a skyline and I doubt that any Of the posters here owns a skyscraper
As for birmingham in the UK I think Ekatrinberg easily outperform Birmingham as it has handful of buildings 100m+ tall plus the current U/C ones , Birmingham in the UK looks pretty much like Novosibirsk

Novosibirsk



Birmingham
EkateribUrg, not EkaterinbErg...
__________________
Stop the Drama. Start the Music.
Alexenergy no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM   #191
Nubian_Warrior
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,171
Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexenergy View Post
EkateribUrg, not EkaterinbErg...
it's Yekatrinburg no Ekatrinburg
Nubian_Warrior no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:21 PM   #192
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥
 
il fenomeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: milão - mas eu sou do brasil!
Posts: 7,437
Likes (Received): 22414

yikatrinenburg?
il fenomeno no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 07:46 PM   #193
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

No idea why you guys are talking about Birmingham but here is a pano anyway



Birmingham doesn't have enough ighrises. The city is very different from other UK cities though and is very 20th century thanks to the over development in the 60's.





image hosted on flickr
Ecological no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM   #194
VitMos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Moscow
Posts: 1,336
Likes (Received): 1646

Kyiv,Ukraine
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dimakorol/8206528019
image hosted on flickr

http://gerva1se.livejournal.com/
image hosted on flickr

http://gerva1se.livejournal.com/




http://elektraua.livejournal.com/

http://skvortsov75.35photo.ru/photo_338504/

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/maksimo.../418437?page=0
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dimakorol/7777777088/
VitMos no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #195
Erhan
Registered User
 
Erhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 14,188
Likes (Received): 10503

10 skyscrapers U/C in this picture, only 3 have enough height to be visible.


http://www.fotokritik.com/3006339/istanbul-cold-night
__________________
"İnşallah bu cinayet bitmeden hükümet değişir"
- RTE
Erhan no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #196
SO143
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 20,896
Likes (Received): 3624

cities like liverpool, birmingham, berlin or milan don't belong to this thread lol
SO143 no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #197
Countach
Registered User
 
Countach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 925
Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
cities like liverpool, birmingham, berlin or milan don't belong to this thread lol
Most of people here have Milan in their Top 10, because it is one of the best in Europe. You should respect the opinion of other people. If you want to see only London you should read only the threads dedicated to London. You should stop trolling all the skyline related threads, you are making most of the forumers feeling unconfortable with your attitude of insulting other cities. I hope that some Moderator will notice it and will punish you somehow, so maybe you will learn the good manners.
Countach no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #198
Ecological
BANNED
 
Ecological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,518
Likes (Received): 23

I think Milan is coming along really nicely!!
Ecological no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #199
Countach
Registered User
 
Countach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 925
Likes (Received): 218

Milan

thanks to the Italian forumer dox74


image hosted on flickr

IMG_0348 by egolamb, on Flickr


image hosted on flickr

IMG_0356 by egolamb, on Flickr
Countach no está en línea  
Old December 24th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #200
Galaco.
Supreme Overlord
 
Galaco.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Valencia
Posts: 460
Likes (Received): 600

Actually, we're talking about the best european skyline and honestly it's between Moscow, London, Paris and Frankfurt. Milan is awesome and I love Milan but it's a bit early to compete(in skyline terms) with theese ones, let's wait a few years. My top 10 would be:

1. Moscow
2. London
3. Paris
4. Frankfurt
5. Milan
6. Warsaw
7. Istanbul
8. Amsterdam
9. Rotterdam
10. Madrid
Galaco. no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Tags
москва, baku, berlin, brussels, cities of europe, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, kyiv, london, milan, milano, moscow, moskau, paris, rotterdam, vienna, vilnius, warsaw, warszawa, wien

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu