daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #2101
fulger2013
BANNED

Likes (Received): 80

Moscow as the capital city of the huge empire, the only remaining empire in europe , certainly will be the most impressive, beautiful city of Europe, and ofcourse the Moscows skyline soon will be unbeatable!
fulger2013 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #2102
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
He's not that young I'm afraid...he's a no-life & just misses a brain.

You'd rather take a look at the following poll...

HERE

What can I add apart from: "it says it all..." Frankfurt & Paris definitely are in another league. It may be difficult to accept (especially for a brit), but it's just the way it is. The gap will be even deeper with the amazing skyscraperc U/C (Majunga/D2), the stunning LOUIS VUITTON Foundation & the forthcoming AIR2/ALTO/PHARE/HERMITAGE PLAZA...I'm so proud of my beloved Défense...<3
ALSO, if that poll is evidence, then it shows that Warsaw has the best skyline in Europe.... Which me and you both know is not true. Not hating on Warsaw, its awesome, but it isn't Europe's best.

~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #2103
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 3987

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulger2013 View Post
Moscow as the capital city of the huge empire, the only remaining empire in europe , certainly will be the most impressive, beautiful city of Europe, and ofcourse the Moscows skyline soon will be unbeatable!
Jeez. The trolls keep coming.

Only remaining Empire?? That wouldn't have even been the case back in 1917.
Birmingham no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #2104
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bligh View Post

But Paris has no serious business intrest, whereas London and Moscow have demand for business.

Only ignorants can make such statements

Birmingham, Charloose, Avemano, GM liked this post
Axelferis no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #2105
craperskys
kommt nen Mann zum Arzt..

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFox View Post
Frankfurt looks great.

I only wish the buildings were closer together. Most of the best shots of the skyline are at clever angles to make it all seem dense.
To be honest the density/angle issue applies to London as well.

Nontheless i think London's skyline is actually the best (for me) right now in Europe, and if they keep up the good work they can even compete skyline-wise with iconic North American cities, but of course there is still a long road to go.
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #2106
bbcwallander

Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
hermitage
phare
air2
alto

are serious projects ! you're just afraid to see them built and destroys all the competition in europe
They dont exist!!

Are we comparing best proposals now?

sk327 liked this post
bbcwallander no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2107
bbcwallander

Likes (Received): 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
He's not that young I'm afraid...he's a no-life & just misses a brain.

You'd rather take a look at the following poll...

HERE

What can I add apart from: "it says it all..." Frankfurt & Paris definitely are in another league. It may be difficult to accept (especially for a brit), but it's just the way it is. The gap will be even deeper with the amazing skyscraperc U/C (Majunga/D2), the stunning LOUIS VUITTON Foundation & the forthcoming AIR2/ALTO/PHARE/HERMITAGE PLAZA...I'm so proud of my beloved Défense...<3
Frankfurt and Paris in another league?? eh?

Why would being a Brit make it harder to accept?

Jex, i normally enjoy reading your posts but you are deluded and massively overconfident here.

This is the typical attitude that us Brits find difficult to understand, where does this overconfidence come from, i mean you have lost out at pretty much every occasion over the years, where does this pride come from, it is a little embarrassing when you think of your recent history!

Jamsterx, SO143 liked this post
bbcwallander no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #2108
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10788

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcwallander View Post
To be fair he did say music and entertainment venue, O2 doesnt have an anchor sports team as a tenant as you know!

Out of interest, the O2 is touted as a potential site for an NBA and NHL team and has already hosted games from both!
I know, but people mistakenly believe that it attracts more people than all those arenas in Canada and the US when it doesn't. Regarding NBA/NHL, I can see regular season games being played there, but not actual teams based in London. Besides, I was under the impression that Canadian sports weren't popular in the UK. Don't you prefer netball?

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898

Last edited by isaidso; May 30th, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
isaidso no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #2109
Bligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post

Only ignorants can make such statements
Well considering I work in global finance i would kinda know....

London and New York are the financial centres of the world. Just google it, its not a secret.

So YES there is MUCH more demand in London.
~

L O N D O N
~

Bligh no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #2110
Bligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by craperskys View Post

To be honest the density/angle issue applies to London as well.

Nontheless i think London's skyline is actually the best (for me) right now in Europe, and if they keep up the good work they can even compete skyline-wise with iconic North American cities, but of course there is still a long road to go.
Very well said Sir.
~

L O N D O N
~

Bligh no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #2111
Jamsterx
London...that is all

Likes (Received): 66

The fact that some of you lot are arguing like 6 year olds about which skyline is the best is actually pathetic. I'm 17 and I am sure that most if not all of you are older than me. Don't insult someone just because you don't agree with their opinion. Explain why you think your favorite skyline is the best instead of bringing people down. And as for people hating on London and Brits in general, take a good look at yourselves before making up silly, stereotypical remarks.

I'm done
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #2112
Bligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcwallander View Post

Frankfurt and Paris in another league?? eh?

Why would being a Brit make it harder to accept?

Jex, i normally enjoy reading your posts but you are deluded and massively overconfident here.

This is the typical attitude that us Brits find difficult to understand, where does this overconfidence come from, i mean you have lost out at pretty much every occasion over the years, where does this pride come from, it is a little embarrassing when you think of your recent history!
I also agree with this...

Paris is a stunning city and one of the marvels of the world, but in Skyline terms it does not compare to London, Frankfurt or Moscow. I have no idea why you would not see that??? O_o
~

L O N D O N
~

Bligh no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #2113
markfos
San Escobar

Likes (Received): 4277

Paris has way better skyline than London, London can't compete with Paris yet.

Avemano, GM, Andre_Filipe liked this post
markfos está en línea ahora  
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #2114
Charloose

Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Well considering I work in global finance i would kinda know....

London and New York are the financial centres of the world. Just google it, its not a secret.

So YES there is MUCH more demand in London.
So finance = business, well ... It doesn't surprise me at all if the UK's GPB is under the french one if the UK is govern by people like you .

Axelferis, Avemano, GM liked this post
Charloose no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #2115
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Also in terms of the height of buildings only moscow, london and frankfurt are comparable.
SO143 no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2116
markfos
San Escobar

^Height doesn't change anything here, London's skyline is not on pair with Frankfurt or Paris.

Charloose, Avemano, Andre_Filipe liked this post
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #2117
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

London is on another level. The worlds most booming city in terms of constructions and investment for for new projects.
SO143 no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2118
Bligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charloose View Post

So finance = business, well ... It doesn't surprise me at all if the UK's GPB is under the french one if the UK is govern by people like you .
Hahahaha dont make me laugh! Economically the UK is much stronger than France. It always has been. My family had to live on rations so that the British and American governments could give money to France to get back on its knees after the war.

France and Paris is BEAUTIFUL. And i generally love the French people. But London and the UK is economically much stronger than Franc
~

L O N D O N
~

Bligh no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #2119
Bligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charloose View Post

Hahahaha dont make me laugh! Economically the UK is much stronger than France. It always has been. My family had to live on rations so that the British and American governments could give money to France to get back on its knees after the war.

France and Paris is BEAUTIFUL. And i generally love the French people. But London and the UK is economically much stronger than France.

Thank goodness we do not use Euro.

Anyways... back to the subject. London is the best European Skyline, followed by Moscow and Frankfurt. :-D
~

L O N D O N
~

Bligh no está en línea  
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #2120
markfos
San Escobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
London is on another level. The worlds most booming city in terms of constructions and investment for for new projects.
Only in your dreams, it can be the most booming city in the world (it is not) but its not the same league in terms of skyline as Paris and Frankurt.
Unfortunately London is also not as attractive as Paris, well actually its pretty ugly compared to other European capitals.

Avemano, GM liked this post

Closed Thread

Tags
москва, baku, berlin, brussels, cities of europe, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, kyiv, london, milan, milano, moscow, moskau, paris, rotterdam, vienna, vilnius, warsaw, warszawa, wien