daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:30 PM   #5621
Denjiro
Heathen

Likes (Received): 7095

Madrid

image hosted on flickr

Not too cold for a walk by Armando G Alonso ✈︎, on Flickr

KlausDiggy, Dakaro, vinttt liked this post
Denjiro no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:18 PM   #5622
TimeAndTide
U.S. Bank Tower, LA

Likes (Received): 1188

Paris

hosted on flickr, by pieton

vinttt liked this post
TimeAndTide no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2014, 01:37 AM   #5623
garfield007

Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by doguorsi2 View Post
You seriously need to stop calling everyone troll. You are not different than him at all. He has a London obsession and you have the same obsession for Paris.

I dislike Paris very much. Such a kitsch city made by one man who wasn't even an architect. Paris is nothing but a giant disneyland project.

Pity.
Not like I care nor I am a side in this "war" but saying Paris is kitsch is ridiculous. Paris is monumental, stunning, very European, maybe a bit to dense (not much green areas) in many aspects kind of reminds me Budapest. London is chaotic, repetitive, copy paste red brick, wet row houses makes up biggest part of city - kind of depressive, schizophrenic dream alike.
garfield007 no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2014, 03:44 AM   #5624
doguorsi2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7047

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfield007 View Post
Not like I care nor I am a side in this "war" but saying Paris is kitsch is ridiculous. Paris is monumental, stunning, very European, maybe a bit to dense (not much green areas) in many aspects kind of reminds me Budapest. London is chaotic, repetitive, copy paste red brick, wet row houses makes up biggest part of city - kind of depressive, schizophrenic dream alike.
Yes. Right
doguorsi2 no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:25 AM   #5625
Cujas
European

Likes (Received): 1078

Woaw mens, have you finish your battle upon Paris and London?

Paris and London are both amazing cities, probably two of the five best cities in the world along with NY, Tokyo and Shanghai.

Its not the place for saying which is the WORST city of Europe but, the place to say which is the BEST! IN YOUR OPINION!

I already said that, for me Paris is my favorite city, but I wouldn't say that London is bad! In contrary. After Paris, London is probably my favorite city in the world. I like, the architecture of London, his modernity, his electricity, his culture and his business.

So I love London as I like Paris, and even if Paris is my favorite, I take London deep in my heart.

Then, Parisian and Londonian, stop this stupid war, it is not impossible to like both this two cities.

And remember, Frenchmen and Englishmen, in this world, and for the rest of humanity, we are both Europeans. And if we doesn't want to be friends, we SHOULD!

SkyscraperSuperman liked this post
Cujas no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:54 AM   #5626
doguorsi2
BANNED

I am an Istanbulian Turkish man though
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:55 AM   #5627
Good

Likes (Received): 595

Well said (for Cujas' post of course, not doguorsi2 message).
Good no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2014, 10:59 AM   #5628
Baboulinet

Likes (Received): 468

Quote:
I am an Istanbulian Turkish man though
we don't care who you are. you're trolling this thread since you are here, you're a pain.

Paris is nothing but a giant disneyland project.

yeah right... You forgot your "french friends" very quickly...
Baboulinet no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:04 AM   #5629
doguorsi2
BANNED

Who is "we"? What does my French friends have anything to do with the urban design of Paris? I am really wondering. I would just prefer the beautiful medieval Paris over the Haussman's disneyland project. How am I trolling the thread when you people post zillions of La Defense pictures and blindly defense Paris against any criticism. You are the one, trolling the thread. Don't call people "troll" just because they don't share the same opinions with you. Grow up.

Stop with La Defense and let us see some other cities please.

source; facebook

Cujas, serhat, Denjiro, xanterra liked this post

Last edited by doguorsi2; January 31st, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:28 AM   #5630
Baboulinet

Quote:
Who is "we"? How am I trolling the thread when you people post zillions of La Defense pictures. You are the one, trolling the thread.

So what ?
It's a reason for bashing a city?
If I said a stupidity like "itambul is nothing but a third world cities" you would be outraged.

Last time I posted a pictures on this thread, you were not even on Skyscrapers city...
And i see more pictures of Francfurt, London, Milan and Moscow than Paris here...

Quote:

Are you a mod or something ?
Or god ? Because you seems to know what everybody want...

image hosted on flickr

Aladin Djebara

Cujas liked this post
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:39 AM   #5631
Cujas
European

Well, when I see your pictures of Istanbul doguorsi2 and, when I see the Baboulinet's picture, I think that peoples of Europe are very lucky to have so many beautiful cities and skylines.

And even if our cities are thousand years old, they are still very modernes.
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:44 AM   #5632
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboulinet View Post
So what ?
It's a reason for bashing a city?
If I said a stupidity like "itambul is nothing but a third world cities" you would be outraged.

Last time I posted a pictures on this thread, you were not even on Skyscrapers city...
And i see more pictures of Francfurt, London, Milan and Moscow than Paris here...

Are you a mod or something ?
Or god ? Because you seems to know what everybody want...

I am not bashing anything dear friend. I was just expressing my opinion. We call it freedom of speech over here. If you don't like it, please ignore it or kindly discuss it with me. I would be glad to hold a conversation with you about it. You can call Istanbul a third world city, in fact there are a lot of ghettos in Istanbul that I personally call third world. We don't achieve a better version of ourselves if we ignore our faults and re-do our mistakes. Btw that last picture you posted is unique!

"Last time I posted a pictures on this thread, you were not even on Skyscrapers city... "

I know! I am sorry I didn't have time join earlier and chit chat with you. I was busy working on my graduation project in the architecture school.
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:48 AM   #5633
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujas View Post
Well, when I see your pictures of Istanbul doguorsi2 and, when I see the Baboulinet's picture, I think that peoples of Europe are very lucky to have so many beautiful cities and skylines.

And even if our cities are thousand years old, they are still very modernes.
This is why I am proud to be European Actually, Turkish member Erhan has the best pictures of Istanbul. I am really impressed with the pictures he finds.
You can find some of them here :
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=228812

Cujas liked this post
Old January 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM   #5634
Cujas
European

Indeed, very beautifull, Istanbul is the San Francisco of the Bosphore, maybe even better.

I realy need to make a trip to Istanbul for watching it by myself. Gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhan View Post
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:00 PM   #5635
Baboulinet

The dude didn't want Paris pics and now he like it !

Quote:
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:09 PM   #5636
Cujas
European

Quote:
Yes, that was an act of peace, then make it to and drink
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:11 PM   #5637
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
You get me completely wrong mate. It is not that I don't want to see Paris. Just some of the pictures you guys posted are very repetitive and doesn't help to show other views of the skyline. Same goes for the Frankfurt. There is a single picture of Frankfurt and it is on every single page I just think that seeing variety of pictures from different angles would help us to feel the city in a better way.
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:14 PM   #5638
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
Indeed, very beautifull, Istanbul is the San Francisco of the Bosphore, maybe even better.

I realy need to make a trip to Istanbul for watching it by myself. Gorgeous!
Try to come during the spring/summer season if you can. Turkish people go to southern Turkey for vacation which means lesser traffic and more enjoyment.

Quote:
Yes, that was an act of peace, then make it to and drink
Hehehh I actually like it. It was a unique angle
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:15 PM   #5639
Good

Likes (Received): 595

Istanbul is no doubt one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and its urban landscape has the immense privilege of spanning 2000 years of architecture history, from Roman empire temples to glassy skyscrapers, from Ottoman mosques to 19th century palaces. Absolutely unique...

Plus, the city is populated by adorable, gorgeous and friendly cats, which is way better than the usual pigeons you find in many European cities

That said reducing Paris to Haussman's planning is very unfair, as the city itself still boasts 2 very large older neighborhoods (from the Middle Ages to XVIIIth century) in Le Marais and Saint-Germain-des-Prés/Quartier Latin +numerous pockets of villagey areas (Montmartre, Butte aux Cailles, Mouzaia, Auteuil, Passy, etc.). Grand Hausmannian boulevards indeed criss-cross Paris urban fabric, but the streets in-between are far more diverse than people expect and are really worth exploring.

And I don't event mention the surrounding "suburbs" (actually more neighborhood of the newly formed Grand Paris administrative entity), which have been mostly ignored by Haussman's revamping.
Good no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2014, 12:24 PM   #5640
doguorsi2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good View Post
Istanbul is no doubt one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and its urban landscape has the immense privilege of spanning 2000 years of architecture history, from Roman empire temples to glassy skyscrapers, from Ottoman mosques to 19th century palaces. Absolutely unique...

Plus, the city is populated by adorable, gorgeous and friendly cats, which is way better than the usual pigeons you find in many European cities

That said reducing Paris to Haussman's planning is very unfair, as the city itself still boasts 2 very large older neighborhoods (from the Middle Ages to XVIIIth century) in Le Marais and Saint-Germain-des-Prés/Quartier Latin +numerous pockets of villagey areas (Montmartre, Butte aux Cailles, Mouzaia, Auteuil, Passy, etc.). Grand Hausmannian boulevards indeed criss-cross Paris urban fabric, but the streets in-between are far more diverse than people expect and are really worth exploring.

And I don't event mention the surrounding "suburbs" (actually more neighborhood of the newly formed Grand Paris administrative entity), which have been mostly ignored by Haussman's revamping.
I should check those villages in my next visit then! Thanks for the info. I have been to Bordeaux, Nice, Strasbourg and Toulouse besides Paris. Strasbourg was a little Germany inside France. Toulouse was heavily Spaniard influenced, especially the residential blocks and government buildings. Nice was like any other Turkish coastal city. But.... BORDEAUX!!! I left my heart there. I can't wait to go back and spend days in the wineries. It was one of the classiest cities I have ever seen.

Closed Thread

Tags
москва, baku, berlin, brussels, cities of europe, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, kyiv, london, milan, milano, moscow, moskau, paris, rotterdam, vienna, vilnius, warsaw, warszawa, wien